Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Three

I'm not sure what to make out of the second killer. It could be a second mafia, maybe the Baritones are back in Moonlight. Maybe there's the Russian Mafia, who start out with a certain amount of players, and the Baritones, who start with only a godfather, converting their killer yesterday, like in a film named Eurodina I've seen. Or it's an impertial or a vigilante (which I doubt, considering the MO). I still believe that the poisoner is a Serial Killer or a vigilante.

But I think it proves the Tommy killer to be scum, as only they have a reason to kill Yuri.

Which brings us to the next point:

Ruxana claims, she followed Donil, who used a night action on Yuri. While it may be that he didn't actually kill Yuri, but used another night action, I would wonder what action that was. There was once again no reason for a townie to use a harming or investigative action on Yuri, while he can't have used a protective one, or Yuri would have survived. So I ask you, Donil, what action did you use and why?

I can shed light to this incident with Yuri and Ruxana. Yuri was our Town Blocker, and on the first night he tried to block Ruxana, but got a message that she could not be blocked. That's why Yuri suspected Ruxana was either a Strongman, Hider or Commuter. Yuri confronted her about this, asking if she really was a Stronman, but Ruxana got all passive-aggressive and told that she was instead a "Strong-arm" (no definition can be found for such a profession). Odd, no?

Now it's Ruxana out of all the people who tells us she knows about Yuri's killer. Sounds way too convenient for me. Maybe Donil is a member of another Mafia, so it'd be safe for Ruxana to blame him, but Ruxana has her hands deep in this mess.

You must now decide who to trust, my fellow citizens: Ruxana or me. I for one will be voting for Ruxana (and hope my vote works this time), but we shouldn't let Donil off the hook either. The fact is that us Townies have now began losing important roles to us, so we must take affirmative action and vote out a scum next.

I don't like you to make it a matter of trust. Because I do trust you more than Ruxana, but you agree, that Donil is likely to be scum. Now, if Ruxana was a rival scum, how would she have found out Donil has used an action on Yuri? The scum might have a tracker quite well, but have we ever heard of a scum tracker who can't be blocked? Bit of overkill, isn't it?

On the other hand, it's also a possibility that Donil is with the same scum as Ruxana. Considering she was really one of the roles you mentioned, it would make sence to sacrifize an actionless mobster to protect someone like that.

I really agree that it's quite a coincidence that exactly the day we are about to convict Ruxana she comes up with a useful role and solid evidence.

But, it may also be that we convict a townie with an important night action.

I'm not sure who to vote for, but I won't let Ruxana off the hook. This is far too scummy.

And now we have the usual explosion of activity after 2 Days of jumping on crumbs to vote somebody.

Okay, this is certainly a lot to take in. Firstly we have some inquirys into the number of mafias. I haven't thought about it before, but it's fairly possible.

And then we have Ruxana, accusing Donil, who used a night action on Yuri. Now this is interesting. We don't know if Donil killed Yuri, although it does indeed make him a prime suspect for the murder. However, I'm also taking into possibility that Ruxana's just trying to throw suspicion on somebody, considering she was the first accused. I'm not saying Donil's innocent, just taking a note of it.

Now, I don't see much reason for Ruxana to throw out such a massive accusation, if it means she's only going to live up until Donil is voted, he's innocent, and she's lynched the next day.

Donil admits he has an action. I'd like to know what this action is, and if it can be proven.

Yan, may I ask what exactly it was that changed your mind about Petr? Your sudden reversal in opinion indicates you have some new information for us?

Like I said, through the sensible words of Donil and Samuel, I've realized that Petr's actions were truly town-like yesterday. He wouldn't be fueling the fire and getting himself in deeper than he already was if he was scum. Today he is making more sense, too, though Stanislav's counterarguments are as well.

I don't know what to think of all this, but I'm going to put Petr on hold for now while we focus on this more pressing matter.

But Donil, surely you understand that Ruxana would not accuse you so openly and directly unless she knew you were scum - because lying would only cause us to lynch her tomorrow. She could be a Townie who has been tricked by someone, but in that case I think she would've worded her accusation to be less direct and affirmative. She is not the investigator either, because it would be too risky to reveal herself at this stage of the situation.

Or she could just be overconfident. If what Ruxana says is true, then there's no way she could "know", for sure, that Donil was scum. She saw him target Yuri, and that's it. That is far from confirming anything, except that Donil has a night action.

I'll reserve my judgement for a little while longer, and see what else comes up. I would like to see what else Donil has to say.

On the other hand, it's also a possibility that Donil is with the same scum as Ruxana. Considering she was really one of the roles you mentioned, it would make sence to sacrifize an actionless mobster to protect someone like that.

I really agree that it's quite a coincidence that exactly the day we are about to convict Ruxana she comes up with a useful role and solid evidence.

I don't think Ruxana and Donil would be on the same team. It's hard to imagine Ruxana having such an important role that scum would sacrifice a partner to cover for her.

But that second point is the part I'm up in the air about. I was thinking that Ruxana was the most suspicious looking, but was much of the town planning to vote her out? It's possible that this is a scum play to postpone a death for a day, but it seems to be a little early to make a play like that. At the same time, why would a townie out their role like that and give themselves a death sentence :wacko:

As for Donil, he admitted targeting Yuri, so Ruxana is telling that much truth.

Ruxana and Donil, you're going to have to make some good cases for yourself today.

At the very least, we have a much better case for voting today than the last two days. I can almost smell the dead scum now :sweet:

I don't think Ruxana and Donil would be on the same team. It's hard to imagine Ruxana having such an important role that scum would sacrifice a partner to cover for her.

Unless Ruxana has multiple abilities. If Ruxana is scum, she knows what her fellow scum are going to do, so she can say she followed one of them and claim Tracker/Follower. Then she can be using some other action instead, like killing, and if she can't be blocked, then she has a rather important role.

I hope that made sense.

Oh, and a similar theory could be applied if Ruxana was a Town Tracker who couldn't be blocked. That would justify her claim that she needed to stay alive for the Town to win.

Actually, almost every special role is worth sacrificing an actionless fellow. Also, if it "clears" her to be a trusted townie with a crucial ability, it's even better.

But that second point is the part I'm up in the air about. I was thinking that Ruxana was the most suspicious looking, but was much of the town planning to vote her out?

That's a fair question. I'm not sure, but before she came up with this, I might have done so. The question is, what else could she have done, if she is scum? She could have claimed to be a vanilla, but then I would have voted for her for sure. She could have claimed to have another action, without accusing anyone, but she might have been investigated or people might even have wondered about the word "nasty". I'd like to know from Petr, if he really added the word "nasty" by himself.

If she was town, of course, she would have said nothing but the truth.

It's possible that this is a scum play to postpone a death for a day, but it seems to be a little early to make a play like that. At the same time, why would a townie out their role like that and give themselves a death sentence :wacko:

As for Donil, he admitted targeting Yuri, so Ruxana is telling that much truth.

Postponing is an interesting idea if you consider the propability of a conversion at night. If she was the converter, she would do a lot to live one more day. But I doubt that, because how would she have known about Donil targetting Yuri? :wacko:

By the way, Ruxana has neither confirmed nor denied Sandy's statement that she can't be blocked. I'd like her to explain.

Quite simply, before we vote, we need to ask two things of the two candidates. Why could Yuri not block you Ruxana, and what on earth were you doing to Yuri if not killing him Donil. It sure as hell wasn't protecting him.

Well since I'm pretty much a dead man walking anyways, I'm a "snoop", I sneak around people's houses at night and see if they're out and about doing their clandestine actions. After some research at the library I found that we" snoops" go by many other names, most noticeably as "reporters". After Yuri's appeal for targets of the towns' night actions, I thought he was smelling pretty scummy trying to either frame or do some other nefarious deed against the town. So I snuck into his house last night and found it empty (metaphorically speaking since we were all at the party last night). There are a few people that can confirm my innocence if I last another night, however as of the moment I probably look the guiltiest right now and I bet the mafia are just laughing their socks off at their good luck of targeting Yuri the same night I did. :angry:

Well since I'm pretty much a dead man walking anyways, I'm a "snoop", I sneak around people's houses at night and see if they're out and about doing their clandestine actions. After some research at the library I found that we" snoops" go by many other names, most noticeably as "reporters". After Yuri's appeal for targets of the towns' night actions, I thought he was smelling pretty scummy trying to either frame or do some other nefarious deed against the town. So I snuck into his house last night and found it empty (metaphorically speaking since we were all at the party last night). There are a few people that can confirm my innocence if I last another night, however as of the moment I probably look the guiltiest right now and I bet the mafia are just laughing their socks off at their good luck of targeting Yuri the same night I did. :angry:

Does anyone else know about you targetting Yuri? Because, if nobody else does and you are town, Ruxana will have told the truth. And I don't think the unblockable scum tracker is a very likely role. :sceptic:

020.jpg

The citizens of Moonlight are trying to clean up the street after the Full Moon Festival. They figure maybe cleaning up the town literally will help to clean it figuratively. But not figurative like suspense, so shut up.

"I'm not sure they're looking in the right place to find all the changes." The Cross-Dressing Construction Man says.

"Well, it's unprecedented so it may take some time." Agent Veronica answers.

021.jpg

"Why are you still in your costume?" The Cross-Dressing Construction Man asks Agent Veronica.

"Costume?" Agent Veronica asks, "Oh no. This is my underwear. Speaking of which, I'm surprised that you are wearing tighty-whities, Cross-Dressing Construction Man. I thought you would wear ladies' undergarments."

"Ladies' underwear?" The Cross-Dressing Construction Man scoffs, "Ew, gross."

022.jpg

"When I was having breakfast this morning with Ivan, we were talking about all the murder in the last couple of days," Agent Veronica says, "5 deaths in two days. This is the highest crime rate I've experienced since graduating from the academy. Our field agents haven't seen anything like it for some time."

"It always happens around here." The Cross-Dressing Construction Man says.

023.jpg

"I'm particularly concerned by Sarah's death." Agent Veronica says, "It's such a creepy feeling to know that any one of us could just drop dead like that without any warning."

024.jpg

Whump! Max falls to the street next to them.

025.jpg

"Wait a minute! I've just figured something out!" The Cross-Dressing Construction Man says, "If you had breakfast on Ivan's balcony in your underwear, you slept over!!"

"Um..." Agent Veronica replies.

026.jpg

The citizens of Moonlight and some wildlife gather around Max to see if he is OK...and if he is ready to eat.

"Does your field office have a coroner?" The Cross-Dressing Construction Man asks, "Or an animal control unit?"

027.jpg

Max (Masked Builder) was the Godfather of the Russian Mafia.

The Deceased

benji_dead.jpg

Benji, a businessman, married to Irene, played by Big Cam - convicted on Day One (Town)

eugene_dead.jpg

Eugene, a manager of The Green Door Tavern, played by Eskallon - murdered on Night One (Town)

sarah_dead.jpg

Sarah, a retired piano teacher, married to Samuel, played by Sirius Black - died mysteriously during Day Two (Town)

yuri_dead.jpg

Yuri, a personal trainer, played by badboytje88 - Murdered on Night Two (Town)

elena_dead.jpg

Elena, a college professor, played by Inconspicuous - murdered on Night Two (Town)

max_dead.jpg

Max, a lawyer, played by Masked Builder - died mysteriously during Day Three (Scum)

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. With 22 players left it takes 12 votes to lynch.

:excited: Yes! Finally! Thank you, vigilante-with-poison-whoever-you-are! :sweet:

On another note, I noticed god specified which mafia group Max was Godfather of. I think this greatly increases the chances that we're dealing with multiple mafias here.

WOW. *oh2*

Now THAT is some damn good luck right there.

I should note that in my earlier post, I was rather excited and skipped over the fact that the poisoner could be Neutral or a member of another Scum group.

On another note, I noticed god specified which mafia group Max was Godfather of. I think this greatly increases the chances that we're dealing with multiple mafias here.

Hmmm. Now that you mention it, that is pretty interesting.

But also now that you mention it, it's possible the other scum poisons. Then again, it is more likely they kill by firearm.

Wow, another poison death, but this the poison killer got a scum! :head_back: This proves that the poison killer is either a vigilante or the serial killer (although I suppose he/she could be from the Baritone family if there is one).

And it appears that voting is now open, and I think I'll be casting my vote for Ruxana (after she clarifies what the whole Strong-arm business is about). My theory is that both she and Donil are scum, and Donil's planning to 'take one for the team'. What other explanation is there? It's almost like Donil's trying to get himself lynched by role-claiming a role that a scummy schoolteacher had in a book called Werewolf that I once read.

Oh. Well, good for us, Max is dead. Yay! :sweet:

Anyway, looks like Max was Padme during the Festival. Earlier today it was pointed out that the mad scientist was seen pouring Padme a drink... whoever this is must be the poisoner.

And, it's confirmed that we have three killers. Due to the wording of Ivan:

Godfather of the Russian Mafia

...I believe that we are dealing with two mafia families here, very much like the film Eurodina. Maybe the Godfathers can switch off between killing and converting each night.

And I suppose we should be looking for differences in the pictures, for things that have "changed".

And I suppose we should be looking for differences in the pictures, for things that have "changed".

Oh GOD. Please tell me the cannibal holding the magnifying glass in the first picture isn't the same one who died 5 minutes later... :ugh:

Holy shit, the boss! :sweet:

It should be noted, however, that god specifically said: "Max (Masked Builder) was the Godfather of the Russian Mafia."

Does this mean he had to say "Russian Mafia" to differentiate from another mafia, or is he just being clear? Crap. I hate this game of life sometimes. :wacko:

And it appears that voting is now open, and I think I'll be casting my vote for Ruxana (after she clarifies what the whole Strong-arm business is about). My theory is that both she and Donil are scum, and Donil's planning to 'take one for the team'. What other explanation is there? It's almost like Donil's trying to get himself lynched by role-claiming a role that a scummy schoolteacher had in a book called Werewolf that I once read.

That might be the stupidest plan I've heard. Donil is likely the scum killer, and if so, killing him first seems slightly more important than guessing that it's all some complicated scam. We can always take care of Ruxana later, maybe someone could even investigate her first.

As for Donil, I said I'd vote (and we'd hold Ruxana responsible if it turns out wrong), so here we go.

Vote: Donil (Waterbrick Down)

Oh GOD. Please tell me the cannibal holding the magnifying glass in the first picture isn't the same one who died 5 minutes later... :ugh:

It is. Good catch. Unfortunately, I think that Elena was our investigator. :hmpf_bad:

Also, notice the interaction between the queen, the witch, and the goblin/orc thing. First, the witch is talking to the goblin, and the queen doesn't look happy about that. The queen then talks to the goblin, and little later they're seen dancing. I assume that this means that they are a couple. Finally, there's some dynamite on the ground near them.

What could this all mean? I don't know, I'm not one for subliminal messaging, but maybe it doesn't mean anything at all. :shrug:

It is. Good catch. Unfortunately, I think that Elena was our investigator. :hmpf_bad:

I remember that mentioned a few hours ago, but I had assumed there would be no clues in god's recollections of last Night. Now, though...

Finally some progress! Whether the poisoner meant to take out a scum or not this the best thing to have happened in days. Makes me wonder how the poisoner is picking targets, though.

I agree that Max being identified as the Russian Mafia godfather means definite multiple mafias. So we know that for a fact now. Not good that there are multiple but good that we know for sure what we're dealing with.

As for the Donil/Ruxana debate, neither are exactly smelling like roses. I'll have to think more before deciding who is scummier.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Enjoy being dead, Max :wink:

I should note that in my earlier post, I was rather excited and skipped over the fact that the poisoner could be Neutral or a member of another Scum group.

I really think the poisoner is the SK or, I have another, much more wacked out idea....

Makes me wonder how the poisoner is picking targets, though.

The most obvious thing is they were targeting low participators. Sarah and Max only 'spoke' twice each on day one (I kept count for about 80% of the day). This would put Vera and Dmitri at risk as well... if it's a SK. The best reason to target the non-participators is that they are safer to kill, having attracted less attention and are less likely to be watched or protected. This is what I think happened, but simply me saying this means they'll probably change their approach on night three.

My wacked out idea is that it's God's way of increasing participation in the game. By simply killing off the least active person, we all learn a lesson about participating, and the 28 of us will shrink down a lot quicker. But that's just my over-active imagination speaking. God would never play a dirty trick like that.

My wacked out idea is that it's God's way of increasing participation in the game. By simply killing off the least active person, we all learn a lesson about participating, and the 28 of us will shrink down a lot quicker. But that's just my over-active imagination speaking. God would never play a dirty trick like that.

It would be sorta funny to kick non-particiapters in the pants like that but I don't think god would mess with the balance of this whole, um, situation by killing a godfather because he didn't talk much.

Your other theory of a SK killing off unprotected targets sounds more reasonable.

Going by the pictures, is Padme Max, then? She drank the potion from the mad scientist. But she also killed Elena and I thought that godfather normally didn't do their own dirty work. I've never been good with these kinds of clues...

Another supposed clue, maybe. Here were the last words of Day 2:

But, it's probably going to be a strange night ahead. People act differently when there's a full moon. Things can get insane..

And then this morning, when talking about Yuri:

...except for the Musketeer, who is having a weird night.

"I'm having a weird night." The Musketeer says.

See? Told you so. The Musketeer turns to R2-D2

I don't know what it means, but I thought it should be brought up for speculation. What makes Yuri's night a weird one?

Nika, I do believe that Max was Padme. See what I said earlier.

As for the Ruxana/Donil case, I'm completely unsure of what do to do right now. I've trusted Donil all along, and he doesn't deny targeting Yuri last night. I have a feeling that both of them may be town, and voting them off will get us nowhere. I guess there's only one way to find out, but I will hold my vote for a while longer, to see what happens.

I noticed this in god's account of the midday events:

"I'm not sure they're looking in the right place to find all the changes." The Cross-Dressing Construction Man says.

We were already noticing things in god's account of last Night's events before midday, so does this mean that those clues mean nothing?