Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickAvenger

Retreat from Russia (December 1812)

[pid][/pid]192A

Hello hello !

This is my latest creation that adds to my series on the Napoleonic Wars: The Retreat from Russia :

On the evening of October 18, 1812, after the defeat of the Battle of Winkowo, Napoleon decided to bring the Grand Army in Europe. But the temperature in December is around -35 ° C and the last remnants of the Grand Army retired painfully struggling to Lithuania, pursued by the Cossacks of Czar Alexander. About forty thousand French soldiers will find death the next few weeks.

retraitederussie.jpg

par TheBrickAvenger, sur Flickr

You can find other creations on the Napoleonic Wars here:

Bonaparte at the Pont d’Arcole (17th November 1796)

Tres de Mayo (3rd May 1808 )

Waterloo (18th June 1815)

:pir_laugh2:

Figs look great as usual. My favorite part is the dead cavalryman whose comrade is picking up his hat, for lego people it's pretty touching. :pir-blush:

Great job :thumbup: .

Nice MOC! It almost looks as though it was made in LDD for some reason (the picture looks almost like from a computer screenshot.)

You did a nice job making it full of action; the minifig poses are excellent. :pir-classic: I'll just move this topic to the MOCs forum.

I love the way the zombie head goes fine as a frozen head!

very nice MOC, I love the napoleontic era and the era that came before.

As do I love your Napoleontic MOCs

Greetz Bjornu

I love the way the zombie head goes fine as a frozen head!

I actually think that's a Vader head, much more subtle.

Great work though, you really get a sense of feeling, as they rush away and retreat, the broken bridge and just look of stumbling is very cool and gives it a realistic feel.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Wow, it's really great. The figureplacement is great. The small details are nice. I specially like the bird... a little vulture waiting to pick another bone clear :pir-wub:

It's really a nice adtion to your Napoleonic Mocs... but b]Bonaparte at the Pont d’Arcole [/b] is still my favorite so far...

Can't wait for the next... :thumbup:

I think this is my favorite simply because you rarely see Shako's and Snow mixed together, it's very interesting.

Thanks for building it :thumbup:

I love it. It actually looks cold there, and the posing is brilliant the really look defeated and to be stumbling home. The vulture is just great.

Austerlitz, looking forward to that, you doing the camp and the pyramid?

Bart

Nice MOC and great series of projects! Like all of them, and some interesting use of parts. Very sombre and just like the mural painting.

This is an excellent MOC! Well done :thumbup:

You portrayed the scene very well with the right faces and equipment and the broken bridge was a good idea as well.

I'm not sure if there were vultures present but they do make the scene look more dramatic.

Perhaps a dark background would also add to the dramatic effect, but the MOC itself is very nice.

Excellent recreation of a turning point in history 'TheBrickAvenger', you could change the soldiers and weapons then say it's 1943/44 eh ? :pir-wink:

Fantastic work and Brick On 'TheBrickAvenger' ! :pir-grin:

Thank you all for the comments that make me all extremely fun! And I thank the person who blogged me because it's the second time on this forum and that too, it's extremely fun!

Austerlitz, looking forward to that, you doing the camp and the pyramid?

It's not always easy to find an idea to make an original scene, but I want to do again a battle scene for Austerlitz:)! Speaking of Pyramid, I hope to make a scene on the Spanish campaign:)!

I'm not sure if there were vultures present but they do make the scene look more dramatic.

Perhaps a dark background would also add to the dramatic effect, but the MOC itself is very nice.

True, but you can imagine it is a bird of prey like the hawk or the tip:)!

I would have put the black but I have very little!

Excellent recreation of a turning point in history 'TheBrickAvenger', you could change the soldiers and weapons then say it's 1943/44 eh ?

Oh yes, it can work! But must I invest in weapons and helmets brickarms:)!

I love it, one of my Fav MOCS that I have seen on here, the solders look awesome, I like everything about it.

Wow this MOC is great, too back napoleon and his grand armee had to fall back in the winter.

A good MOC/ oversized Vignette. :pir_laugh2:

I would like to see more of your Napoleontic creations!

Tib

This is great! Can feel the cold just by looking at your MOC! You seem to have somehow captured the temperature in the MOC!

you can get some German soldiers and then convert it to Retreat from Russia (WW2)!

This is great! Can feel the cold just by looking at your MOC! You seem to have somehow captured the temperature in the MOC!

you can get some German soldiers and then convert it to Retreat from Russia (WW2)!

Yes, that could be possible :) ! Thank you !

Hell TheBrickAvenger, They're right the other, you have the gift of synthesis, in a small diorama there's anything you want to tell.

Compliments.