hi,very good modification...i saw in your video you have a briefcase in which you put your lego bricks...where did you buy it?

thanks in advance

daniele

I bought it at a local hardware store (I have 4 of those + several other. Most hardware stores have something like it), but i would only recommend it for larger bricks. The sidewalls between compartments can be moved, and smaller bricks have a tendency to slip under the walls. This can be frustrating, so for smaller parts i recommend this:

415fi0Rk%2BhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It can be bought at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QWYF?ie=UTF8&tag=valkmindstorm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00005QWYF

-ED-

here is a vid of the naked mechanism

Wow that's very simple yet functional. Thanks for rebuilding it!! I will try to incorporate it into my 8043.

tim

simple solutions are the best solutions. is the vid enough or do you want some pics?

I think the videos perfect! Thanks for making it.

tim

I bought it at a local hardware store (I have 4 of those + several other. Most hardware stores have something like it), but i would only recommend it for larger bricks. The sidewalls between compartments can be moved, and smaller bricks have a tendency to slip under the walls. This can be frustrating, so for smaller parts i recommend this:

415fi0Rk%2BhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It can be bought at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QWYF?ie=UTF8&tag=valkmindstorm-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00005QWYF

-ED-

thanks for this info..i'll probably buy one of those as i really wanted to categorize all my bricks..and you know some technic ones are vey small...

thanks again

Unfortunately, i am classifying my project of a huge demolition excavator as a failure :sad: ./ The LAs just don't have enough power to lift the boom, and i cant make the boom any smaller. I am however excited about my next project!!

Picture: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=483193

tim

Have you tryed useing a bit of string to help raise the boom,can you insert a pic of what ever you were trying so we can see it brickshelf will take a while for it to be moderated.

Have you tryed useing a bit of string to help raise the boom,can you insert a pic of what ever you were trying so we can see it brickshelf will take a while for it to be moderated.

Brickshelf keeps giving me a weird error saying that the pictures cant be opened because they contain errors. IL try re-uploading late today.

tim

damn , this thread makes me want 8043 . i didnt get it because of poor performance . any pros and cons ?

Pro's:

4 small pf motors

2 receivers

2 controllers

4 LA'S

And a lot of usefull parts especially if you like making gearboxes. :thumbup:

cons:

£130 price

The gear box takes up a lot of power i removed it and added another receiver and 2 more motors.

Pro's:

4 small pf motors

2 receivers

2 controllers

4 LA'S

cons:

£130 price

The gear box takes up a lot of power i removed it and added another receiver and 2 more motors.

Thanks man ! :)

Your pics are live tim mayby you could show us the gearing set up to the boom? :classic:

Tim's Demolition excavator (8043 mod)

Yes. Think I could take some more pictures. My 8043 is kind of mangled at the moment because i took off the boom and LA's for my latest project.

Pro's:

4 small pf motors

2 receivers

2 controllers

4 LA'S

cons:

£130 price

I would agree exactly! The gearbox is underpowered and wastes a lot of room. You are much better off adding motors/recievers.

Tim

Hi!

I'm not in technics since my dark ages...but yesterday I received an 8043, and I'm very happy with it!!!Today I added some lights to the model. They come from an old city set, lights, cable and battery box (9V, square battery). It add some extra weight to the front, but I think there is no problem. Of course, the best solution for lighting would be this: My link led lights, but I dont have any of these!!Here some pics:

http://www.flickr.co...57627639123544/

Hi!

I'm not in technics since my dark ages...but yesterday I received an 8043, and I'm very happy with it!!!Today I added some lights to the model. They come from an old city set, lights, cable and battery box (9V, square battery). It add some extra weight to the front, but I think there is no problem. Of course, the best solution for lighting would be this: My link led lights, but I dont have any of these!!Here some pics:

http://www.flickr.co...57627639123544/

Nice mod!! Its good to be out of the dark ages!! IF your feeling ambitious, you might want to try some of the mods in this thread.

tim

in the photo above was the 8043 with various things and there was a bucket on his arm! how did you do it?

I think he means the one in post #16.

I have already taken that bucket apart, but I think you can see enough detail from the picture to build it yourself.

tim