Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

12 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Rone steps into the old familiar Marketplace, for what very well may be the final time. He lays the Crossbow of Incessant Warmongers on the smithy's bench and drops the pouch containing Atramor's 1240 gold. With the money, he upgraded the Crossbow to 30 Wand then inserted a Mythril shard to raise it to 40 WP. He also buys three smelling salts and meads for the trip.

(1518-270-280-290-300-100-75-45=158)

As the smith finishes the upgrade, he notes an envelope sitting by his forge.
Heroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard
"Keep safe Dyric Rone, ensure the words of this letter are not validated with that weapon I just upgraded for you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portia's stock of Smelling Salts and Meads is now depleted

Hoke makes his way on the back of his dragon to the Marketplace.

Phoenix Essence x2 -100
Remedy x2 -20
Neutralizer -50
Nostrum -35
Mulled Wine -55

1256 - 100 - 20 - 50 - 35 - 55 = 996

Edited by UsernameMDM

11 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As the smith finishes the upgrade, he notes an envelope sitting by his forge.
Heroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard
"Keep safe Dyric Rone, ensure the words of this letter are not validated with that weapon I just upgraded for you."

Of course, Anwyl, and take care of yourself. Eubric's going to look a lot different in the coming days. 

Dyric hefted the Mythril Crossbow of Incessant Warmongers, and laid it on his back. He gave a final handshake to the smithy, then took the envelope. Rone was stepping, reading the letter when the dragon swooped into the marketplace. Surprised, the assassin looked Hoke and his steed up and down.

Well, I suppose it sure beats walking. 

Throlar entered the marketplace with 620 gold. He first went to Fabian's, where he sold his Crow Helmet (SP: 1; Flying-type enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; suitable for Knights and Dragoons; headwear) for 60 gold, his Lion's Plate (Max health +5, Power +1; wearer is immune to weakened; suitable for Knights and Barbarians; bodywear) for 75 gold, his Counterstrike Gloves for 40 gold, and his Nunchaku for 250 gold. Following that he went over to Anwyl's Smithy where he had the opal removed from his Mopagsaber for 50 gold before selling the Mopagsaber for 60 gold, leaving him with a total of 1,055 gold.

Following that, he had the opal and the amethyst removed from his Elven Shield and imbued them into the Unicorn's Horn for a total of 200 gold. In addition he had his newly freed opal imbued into his Weathered Shield for 50 gold, and Upgraded the Unicorn's Horn to WP 9 for 90 gold.

With his remaining 715 gold he purchased;

x2 Tonics, x1 Grand Tonics, x1 Elixir, x1 Phoenix Essence, x2 Nostrums x1 Soma, x2 Mulled Wines, x1 Ambrosia, and x1 Myrrh from Portia for 515 gold.

x1 Sleep Bomb, x1 Seal Bomb, x1 Blind Bomb, and x1 Confuse Bomb from Dain Almight for 200 gold.

At the end he was left with 0 gold.

Kiray comes in and purchases:

3x potions -15
3x Grand potions -30
Remedy -10
Ambrosia -65

Goes to 120 gp; 769-120=649 gold

She then moves to the dwarf and sells:

Two Fanged Orcish Shield (SP: 7, Immune to Darkness, Shield Bash Replaces Meditate)  - 35
Spesialian Shield (SP:6, Immune to Blinded, Shield) - 30
Wooden Stool (WP: 5, Improvised Melee Weapon)  - 25

90+649=739 gold

Then she goes to Fabian and adds:

Emerald to Spesialian spiked pauldrons: -50

739-50=689 gold

She then goes back to Anwyl and upgrades:

Deadly Crossbow (WP:16) - 170
Orcish Shield (SP:11) - 120

689-290=399 gold

Avoiding the patrols, Germ buys some items before returning to the "Temple" he just came from. 

3 - Deadly Venom; 4 - Holy Bomb(s); Telescope & Magic Compass 

Starting Gold 411-(50×3)-(5×4)-40-50= 151 Gold Left 

Petaldan spends 75 gold on two Grand Tonics and a Tonic.

248-75=173 Gold remaining.

He then spends 100 Gold on upgrading 5 WP:1 Slimy Swords to WP:2.

173-100=73 Gold remaining.

Heading to the marketplace with my remaining 1625 Gold, I visit Portia's and buy 2 Somas and 2 Elixirs.

I then turn to Dain's explosives where I purchase 1 Sleep Bomb, 3 Blind Bombs, 3 Seal Bombs, and 3 Smoke Bombs.

Additionally, I make two combinations each comprising of a Blind Bomb and a Seal Bomb.

I then head to Anwyl's and have him Mythrilize Heaven and Hell.

Finally, I traipse over to Fabian's and ask him to merge my Scrolls of Weakening, Frailty, and Sleep into my Cloak of the Grand Vizier.

All said and done, I spend:

170+360+4+100+150*.75=588 Gold Spent.

Leaving me with 1037 Gold.

Lastly, I sell Boris Bo's Knuckle Dusters for 45 Gold.

Leaving me with 1082 Gold.

On 1/21/2018 at 5:50 PM, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke makes his way on the back of his dragon to the Marketplace.

Phoenix Essence x2 -100
Remedy x2 -20
Neutralizer -50
Nostrum -35
Mulled Wine -55

1256 - 100 - 20 - 50 - 35 - 55 = 996

A few hours or is it a day (or two it is hard to tell time when you don't have a working clock) after the "Roiser Incident", we find Germ still exploring the underground. At one point Germ comes across a treasure chest and not really thinking to look for traps, he triggered the worse kind of trap...a mimic! 

44903376064_1d4cf8b7c2.jpg

As the mimic's tongue wrap around Germ's left arm in an attempted to pull him in it's mouth, Germ started to punch and kick the mimic. Until Germ grabbed a dagger and cut it's tongue at witch point it let go of Germ's arm. After wards Germ stumbles back a little bit and then takes out a sword and gets ready to attack the mimic. But at the same time the mimic was reading and attack of it's own. Before Germ could launch his attack, the mimic spit out Golden Pieces furter knocking Germ down. And then the mimic jumps up with it's mouth wide open in an attempted to swallow Germ. But Germ took his sword and stabbed it in it's "hinge", as the mimic was stuck on Germ's sword he lifted upwards then quickly spinned around once and tossed it against the wall. Germ thinking he defeated the mimic started to shake off the dust from the battle. That is when Germ notice the mimic was still alive but it was acting different as if was now enamored with him. As Germ moved on, the mimic seemed to follow him around hopping around slowly...

A few hours later Germ ended up tripping over something, something familiar looking but haven't seeing one like it in some time. 

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg 

What the??? No way a Warbot! It looks damage, but why is it in one piece? It should of blown itself up. I bet I could fix this thing. As Germ fix the thing with the mimic still hanging around in the background, he notices differences from the models he use to make. All right BbSGEOq will this start you up...

super-battle-droid-square.png 

In a mono tone voice. 

/// System back online, damage detected, unit 8654309 request instructions. /// 

8654309 ??? Boy, was I off. It kinda sounds like a song though. You said you are still damage, can you run a diagnostic on yourself? 

But before it could answer Germ a couple of "Rat Mobs" come attacking the make shift party. Germ just started to "dual wield" with his swords even if it a little sloppy handling on his part. The mimic on the other hand just started grab the rats with his tongue and eat as many of them as "he" could. But 8655309 was having a little more trouble, it was trying to activate it's "arm-cannon". All that was coming out of it was just sparks...

/// Weapon system malfunction, switching to sub battle tactics...Sensor damage has been detected recommend repair or replacement. /// 

As 8654309 goes into a martial arts stance, the party finally finished off the "Rat Mobs" with minor wounds. 

Well, that was annoying! Mmmmm, 8654309 if you want me continue fixing you up, I suggest we go somewhere where I have better light. These Candles just don't put out much light... You might as well come along too "hoppy". 8654309, what was your mission down here? 

/// It is highly efficient to let you continue to repair me...My orders was to map the underground maze with the rest of my squad. /// 

As the party finally gets to the surface, Germ notice they were near the marketplace and that it seem to be open. 

Mmmmm if I am going to fix you up, I should get some parts and the marketplace seems like the best place to get them. Besides I can do a few other things...

Germ stopped at Smit's shop first to upgrade his Fish-Sword from WP:8 to WP:10. Then basically bought an "Arm-Cannon" (WP:5; hand-cannon) for 8654309. And finally spotted some Vanbraces (SP:5; shield) witch Germ just had to have for some reason. Plus, took the "gems" out of the "Flying Talon", "Brilliant Dagger" & "Dastan Armor". The next stop was for some "tool" for 865430; an odd Bedroll, Magnifying Glass (lens), Telescope (lenses) & (Modified) Magic Compass. As Germ made his way to the Potion Shop, he bought five Remedy(s), five Grand Potion(s) & eighteen Potion(s) almost wiping out their stock again. 

Starting Gold 1041 - 90 - 100 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 10 - 30 - 40 - 50 - (5×10) - (18×5) - (5×10) = 131 Ending Gold 

To be continued

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

Germ finds a quiet place to fix up 8654309, the Mimic was tasting random things. Until it tasted one of Germ's weapons... 

What the, hey spit that out! 

After the mimic spit the weapon out. 

That is odd, I figured this thing would be covered in slime. Mmmmm I wonder, could I actually store items in you? I should try a "mind meld" with you hoppy. 

It took Germ some time but he was finally able to "mind meld" with the mimic. As the exchanges happen Germ realized he was able to store items in the creature and the mimic was able to sell items if it wanted to do such things. 

All right, let's get this mimic shop set up. We should set it up some where out of the way... 

/// I might know of a few suitable places. /// 

Committed to a shaky plan, a former "Hero" sets up a mimic shop. Deep underground the city of Eubric, if you can find it and you can convince it to sell you the item(s). Maybe you to can buy item(s) from...Germ's Mimic Shop 

Rosier's Thorn (WP= Poisoned; Dagger) = 50 Gold sold 

Flying Talon (WP:10; Steals one drop at Random from Enemy; whip) = 100 Gold 

Obsidian Scimitar (WP: 20; Amethyst/Darkness-elemental; longsword) = 200 Gold 

Dwarven Portable Catapult (WP:10; Double Damage to Enemies Visibly Larger than the User; Throwing Weapon) = 100 Gold 

Fellcrest Hand Axe (WP:8; deals Bleeding 5 on successful hits;throwing weapon) = 100 Gold 

Winter Shield (SP:10; absorb Ice but takes double damage from Fire; shield) = 100 Gold 

Crested Shield (SP: 13; shield) = 130 Gold 

Snake Eye Charm (Protects from Petrified-effect; accessory) = 35 Gold 

Blessed Amulet (Protects from Cursed-effect; accessory) = 35 Gold 

Sterile Gloves (Protects from Poisoned- and Bleeding- effects; handwear) = 75 Gold 

Spesialian Helmet (SP: 2; +2 SP if wearer's Star Elf; Health +2; Power +2; Suitable for Anyone; headwear) = 100 Gold 

Dastan Armor (SP: 4; +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment; Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators; bodywear) = 400 Gold 

Greaves (SP:2, immunity to Slowed and Hastened; footwear) = 65 Gold 

Bone (×6) = 5 Gold each 

Deadly Venom (×6) = 45 Gold each 

Smelling Salts = 20 Gold

Nostrum (×3) = 30 Gold each 

Fire Bomb (×9) = 5 Gold each 

Holy Bomb (×4) = 5 Gold each 

Faerie Dust (Allows the user to change their age, size, and gender for a short period of time. +1 Stealth) (×2) = 20 Gold each 

Venom = 5 Gold 

Level-Up Shrooms = 100 Gold 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

As Germ was coming back threw the Marketplace, before he heads out of the city to his the next destination, he thought having a weapon with the power of "fire" might be more useful than he first thought. So taking one of the "rubies" in his possession and have it installed in his sword. Holding the newly power weapon it reminded of another similar weapon, so he decided to call it Shogun Fish-Sword. Plus, have some Gold left over and with his new mechanical "friend" following him around. Germ purchased two Leather Armor(s) for himself and his "friend". 

Staring Gold 131 - 50 - 30 - 30 = 21 Gold left 

On 11/2/2018 at 1:18 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Germ finds a quiet place to fix up 8654309, the Mimic was tasting random things. Until it tasted one of Germ's weapons... 

What the, hey spit that out! 

After the mimic spit the weapon out. 

That is odd, I figured this thing would be covered in slime. Mmmmm I wonder, could I actually store items in you? I should try a "mind meld" with you hoppy. 

It took Germ some time but he was finally able to "mind meld" with the mimic. As the exchanges happen Germ realized he was able to store items in the creature and the mimic was able to sell items if it wanted to do such things. 

All right, let's get this mimic shop set up. We should set it up some where out of the way... 

/// I might know of a few suitable places. /// 

Committed to a shaky plan, a former "Hero" sets up a mimic shop. Deep underground the city of Eubric, if you can find it and you can convince it to sell you the item(s). Maybe you to can buy item(s) from...Germ's Mimic Shop 

Rosier's Thorn (WP= Poisoned; Dagger) = 50 Gold 

Flying Talon (WP:10; Steals one drop at Random from Enemy; whip) = 100 Gold 

Obsidian Scimitar (WP: 20; Amethyst/Darkness-elemental; longsword) = 200 Gold 

Dwarven Portable Catapult (WP:10; Double Damage to Enemies Visibly Larger than the User; Throwing Weapon) = 100 Gold 

Fellcrest Hand Axe (WP:8; deals Bleeding 5 on successful hits;throwing weapon) = 100 Gold 

Winter Shield (SP:10; absorb Ice but takes double damage from Fire; shield) = 100 Gold 

Crested Shield (SP: 13; shield) = 130 Gold 

Snake Eye Charm (Protects from Petrified-effect; accessory) = 35 Gold 

Blessed Amulet (Protects from Cursed-effect; accessory) = 35 Gold 

Sterile Gloves (Protects from Poisoned- and Bleeding- effects; handwear) = 75 Gold 

Spesialian Helmet (SP: 2; +2 SP if wearer's Star Elf; Health +2; Power +2; Suitable for Anyone; headwear) = 100 Gold 

Dastan Armor (SP: 4; +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment; Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators; bodywear) = 400 Gold 

Greaves (SP:2, immunity to Slowed and Hastened; footwear) = 65 Gold 

Bone (×6) = 5 Gold each 

Deadly Venom (×6) = 45 Gold each 

Smelling Salts = 20 Gold

Nostrum (×3) = 30 Gold each 

Fire Bomb (×9) = 5 Gold each 

Holy Bomb (×4) = 5 Gold each 

Faerie Dust (Allows the user to change their age, size, and gender for a short period of time. +1 Stealth) (×2) = 20 Gold each 

Venom = 5 Gold 

Level-Up Shrooms = 100 Gold 

Master Germ, I would have your Rosier's Thorn if you are parting with it.

Vindsval Hands Him 50 gold in exchange for the dagger.

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Master Germ, I would have your Rosier's Thorn if you are parting with it.

Vindsval Hands Him 50 gold in exchange for the dagger.

The mimic looks a little confused, but it heard a familiar name and this big creature looks familiar...

As the mimic spits out Rosier's Thorn at Vindsval it laps up the Gold offered.