Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

Hoke ventures to the Marketplace, where it seems he hasn't been for a long time.  He unloads a few of the items he picked up on his last quest.

Hoke sells:
Longsword (WP: 5) for 25 gold
Fleuret (WP: 5, Longsword) for 25 gold
Simple Halberd (WP: 10, Halberd) for 50 gold

100 + 1133 = 1233

Edited by UsernameMDM

I sell my Marauder's Mantle for 250 gold.

On 5/24/2017 at 1:36 PM, StickFig said:

Matthias sweeps off his Dapper Hat and carefully settles the new chimney on his pate. It fits perfectly, with just the right weight, and as he admires his height in Fabian's mirror, he hands the half-elf a gob of coins. "What price could you give me for this Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a ⅙ chance of being Encouraged at the start of any battle, headwear)? 10 gold?"

The half-elf proprietor unable to give him a price, Matthias decides to keep the Dapper Hat. He departs the marketplace, but only a few minutes later is back in Fabian's boutique. "Master Fabian, would you be so kind as to merge this Scroll of Blindness into my Gentleman's Hat?"

"Of course, my dear little man, it's what I do!Half-elf, hat, scroll, and 50 gold disappear into the back room. Matthias hears a crash, a tiny explosion, a shriek of despair, and a bit of rummaging before Fabian returns, slightly disheveled and carrying the Gentleman's Hat with what appears to be a pair of googles attached, sitting above the brim. "Unfortunately, my dear little man, your scroll was destroyed before it could be properly imbued into the felt. However, I just happened to have this excellent example of eyewear on hand, which provide all the same benefits! I've attached them to your hat to make quite the spiffing Steampunk Stovepipe if I do say so myself!He polishes out an imagined speck on one lens, giving a dramatic flourish before handing the hat to Matthias with a slightly anxious expression.

"I paid good money for that scroll!Matthias begins, but he can't help but think how dashing the goggles look strapped to the front of the hat. "You know what? I'll take it.He settles the stylish topper on his head and departs the market.

785 - 50 = 735 gold remaining

After selling some stuff off at "Hall". Germ is wandering the marketplace eventually coming to the smith shop. 

You can upgrade these two Kobold Sharp Wings? 

After getting a yes. The Smith takes them and works on them for a little bit. Returning them to Germ after getting paid for his work. The Smith also mentioned he could work on Germ's other weapons. 

I better think about any more upgrades. 

OoC:

Starting Gold 1466 - 90 - 90 = 1286 Gold left

Torald sells his Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP3) for 15 gold, his Spear (WP5) for 25, 2 tricorne (SP3) for 60 gold each, his White Ninja Cowl for 30 gold and finally his Black Knights Armour for 100 gold. 15+25+60+60+30+100=290 gold. 

Torald now has 266+290=556 gold. 

Torald removes a gem from the Spark Hammer. It no longer is Wood elemental, and Torald gains an Emerald, but looses 50 gold. 

556-50=506 gold.

Torald buys 3 grand tonics for 90 gold. 506-90=416 gold. 

Torald once again visits the market, this time only removing a Topaz from the spark hammer. He pays 50 gold. 416-50=366 gold.

On 5/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, Palathadric said:

"May I inquire as to how much I can get for the Cloak of the Barbaric Runecaster (SP: 3; wearer creates and deploys a Skeleton Decoy at the start of every battle; Suitable for Battle Mages, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear)?"

The elf inspects the cloak, taking measurements and stretching the material to assess how much wear the cloth had seen.
heroicanpc-fabian.jpg
"250 Gold for these filthy rags. They smell of death, I'll be surprised if I can turn any profit on an item such as this."

After the annoyance at the "Hall", Germ is wandering the city. At some point we find Germ in the marketplace, and he sells off some items. 

OoC:

Items sold off.

White Ninja Cowl for 30 gold,

Gold Bar for 50 gold,

Two Gold Rings for 15 gold each or 30 gold.  

Starting Gold 1286 + 30 + 50 + 15 + 15 = 1396 ending Gold amount

On 6/8/2017 at 4:32 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg
"250 Gold for these filthy rags. They smell of death, I'll be surprised if I can turn any profit on an item such as this."

"Ha, ha! Dear Fabian. I know that you can turn any cloth into a wonderous piece of merchandise. But I will accept your 250 gold."

So saying, I hand Fabian the Cloak of the Barbaric Runecaster (SP: 3; wearer creates and deploys a Skeleton Decoy at the start of every battle; Suitable for Battle Mages, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear) and accept his 250 gold.

"By the way, I just so happen to be extremely interested in that Heavy Armour."

I slip Fabian 173 gold for it.

Pretzel brings 8 WP:1 Slimy Swords and upgrades them to WP:2 = 80*.75=60 Gold Spent.

He also purchases 4 Grand Potions for 40*.75= 30 Gold.

Matthias checks in with Portia for 5 Nostrums and 5 Smelling Salts.

735 - 5*35 - 5*25 = 435 gold remaining

Vindsval goes to the potion stall and purchases

Grand Potion X5, Remedy X3, Mulled Wine X3, Ambrosia X3

1104-50-30-165-195=664

Roaming the city we find The Demon Germ at the marketplace. Feeling something coming Germ decided to be ready best as he can be...

Removes the Emerald from the Shadow Cloak and puts it in to the Brilliant Dagger. And then decides to call it the "Sporing" Brilliant Dagger. 

And then gets his Ruby install in the Flying Talon. And then called it Flying Talon "of the Salamander". 

Finally gets 2 Grand Potion(s) & 2 Remedy(s). 

Starting Gold 1396 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 10 - 10 - 10 -10 = 1206 Gold Left 

Cedric buys a Skadi Bomb from Dain, leaving him with 25 gold.

He also buys a Tonic and a Grand Potion, leaving him broke. Again.

Edited by wiz

We don't know what compelled Germ to get another suit of armor. Maybe it was more flexible or having more "energy" defenses. 

Dastan Armor (SP: 3, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators; bodywear) 

Starting Gold 1206 - 300 = 906 Gold left 

Here I am, back at the marketplace. I might as well move some gems around. 

Removes the Diamond from the Unicorn Horn, and from the Shadow Cloak an Amethyst. Putting the gems into the Dastan Armor. 

Starting Gold 831-50-50-50-50=631 ending gold 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Fixing an issue

Thinking he would not be able to sell some items in the "Hall" Germ sold off some "gear". 

Black Knight Armor for 100 Gold 

Unholy Armor for 250 Gold 

Winged Sandals for 40 Gold 

Red Shield (SP: 8) for 40 Gold 

Simple Halberd (WP: 10) for 50 Gold 

Starting Gold 631 +100+250+40+40+50= 1111 Ending Gold 

Then ended up buying a bunch of "potions" (10 each of): Grand Potion, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Nostrum 

Starting Gold 1111 -(10×10)-(10×10)-(25×10)-(35×10)= 411 Ending Gold 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

Matthias stops by Smokebeard's Smithy to have the faux dwarf remove an Emerald from the Wood Spear [-50 gold]. He lets the Smith keep the spear [+20 gold].

Throlar strode quietly through the streets of the city, seemingly lost in thought. It had been some time since he had last been in the city, months even. And to be honest his time away didn't seem to have changed him much.

(Throlar enters the marketplace with 150 gold)

Well, there was one difference, his Elven Longsword was gone.

(Throlar sells his Elven Longsword for 25 gold)

Throlar suddenly looked up from the ground (which he had been staring at with the intensity of someone who was only looking in that direction because he wasn't looking anywhere else) and found himself in the marketplace. He stood in place for a few moments before apparently coming to a decision and hurrying off to one of the stalls.

His first stop was Anwyl's Smithy, where he sold his Huntsman's Bow for 35 gold, his Blackstone Club for 150 gold, and his Viper Scale for 40 gold. Then he ran over to Fabian's Boutique where he sold his Quiver of Homing Arrows for 100 gold and his Monkey Armor for 120 gold. Upon completion of these sales he also asked Fabian what price he would ask for the Lion's Plate and the Crow Helmet.

(Remaining gold; 620.)

Edited by Lord Duvors

Vindsval Returns to the market to replenish his stores before heading to the tavern.  He may be on the road for some time.

He purchases 

2 Grand Potions, 5 remedies, 3 Nostrum, 3 mead, 2 mulled wine, and 2 ambrosia

(839-20-50-105-45-110-130=379

He then Sells

Ignis Blade and Gia Blade, Removes the Amethyst from the Undead Antlers, then sells them, Simgird Windblade, Tiny Chain, Colorful Dagger, 

379+25+25-50+50+60+25+20=534

He then Fuses the Topaz, and Emerald with Ludeus,

Amethyst with Verkenner

The Diamond, Opal, Garnet, Aquamarine, and Emerald with The Twin Sai, and renames them the Bifrost Blades once Again

534-50-50-50=384-250=134

He leaves again, his bags fuller, his purse lighter, and his weapons enhanced.

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Upon completion of these sales he also asked Fabian what price he would ask for the Lion's Plate and the Crow Helmet.

Heroicanpc-fabian
"Hmmm, is that a dead bird on top of that helmet? Disgusting, 60 Gold. As for that plate armor 75 Gold, there's enough lion knights around, I'm sure it'll sell quick enough."

After a couple of years of not being sighted anywhere in Eubric, Heckz Brutenhal ambled his way into the Marketplace, his first stop being Anwyl's.

"I have no use for this rusty garbage any longer. Fortunately, your undomesticated joke of a beard indicates that you deal with such things."

He sold his Wand, his Bone Whip, Rawr, the Assassin's Crossbow and the Torn Whip for a total of 170 Gold (25 + 45 + 45 + 20 + 35= 170).

Now it was time for him to enhance his current weapon of choice, upgrading the Weatherfax Broom to 30 WP, for a total of 1400 Gold (260 + 270 + 280 + 290 + 300= 1400).

In Almight's store he procured a very large amount of Seal Bombs. Seven, to be precise. This cost him 350 Gold.

At Portia's, the harlot almost emptied the store's supply of Phoenix Essences, Nostrums and Smelling Salts. With eight, five and five once again, it appeared that Heckz was addicted to the stuff. This amount of magical liquids knocked him back precisely 700 gold.

All in all, he lost 2450 gold and left with 329 pieces in his bag of holding (2609 + 170 - 1400 - 350 - 700= 329).

Finally he approached his "friend", Fabian. He took out the Rich Man's Trousers and Shirt, as well as the dreaded Buffoon's Hat.

"Long time no see, and as voguish as ever! Nevertheless, my outfit is still superior."

Heckz' clothes smelt like they had not been changed in a very long time. Holes ravaged by moths and spilled liquids, which could be either blood or cheap wine, were also recognizable...

"Anyways, how much do I receive for these fancy garments? I fear that I must return this villainous hat to you as well. It has brought everything but happiness to my life..."

His fiery eyes did scream with the despair of a thousand suns.

A frazzled blond haired woman works her way through a crowd protesting in front of her stall.

Heroicanpc-portia
"Hello all! I've been sent to inform you that we'll be closing up shop soon, what we have left is all we've got. The Guild of Invision would like to thank you for your patronage and your business through out the years."

Portia's Stock has been limited to 3 of each item remaining.

Rone steps into the old familiar Marketplace, for what very well may be the final time. He lays the Crossbow of Incessant Warmongers on the smithy's bench and drops the pouch containing Atramor's 1240 gold. With the money, he upgraded the Crossbow to 30 Wand then inserted a Mythril shard to raise it to 40 WP. He also buys three smelling salts and meads for the trip.

(1518-270-280-290-300-100-75-45=158)