Sign in to follow this  
@l3x

MOC: Hero Factory Mickey Mouse

EDIT (10/5/2011):

Hero Factory Mickey Mouse (or as I like to call him, MECH-E Mouse) began life as an oddball quick build, but I grew attached to the project and decided to improve/refine it. The main areas of concern for me were the lack of buttons on his pants and the empty, abstract look of his head. I finally got some minifig skeleton legs to mount the yellow buttons on, and the head has been completely reworked with additional Technic/Bionicle parts.

So here's what he used to look like....

6049012638_14b9457a23_b.jpg

....and here's what he looks like now:

6214932198_4c106d579b_z.jpg

6214864208_4110f0852c_z.jpg

The ears are fully articulated to create the same illusion that happens in the animation, where they roll along the top of his head in frontal view at all times.

6214872616_2c6b4ff605_z.jpg

6214885486_12ffe5c285_z.jpg

Much better, I think.

my photostream on flickr

Edited by @l3x

Looking amazing @l3x! :thumbup:

this is actually the first time I visit this forum (I know --> Bad :tongue: ) But I'm just not into these sort of figures, but today, as I was bored after almost two years on Eurobricks, I went into this and I stumbled on this amazing creation! I'm a complete noob in Hero Factory figures so maybe this is considered average or bad, but I think it is amazing!

So, this might be an "unprofessional" comment, but it's right from the heart :wink:

I have no idea if it is possible, but would there be any special possibility to make the ears round? Or at least a more circular shape?

Once again, I'm totally a novice on the Hero Factory theme so then again I don't know what's possible or not, just speaking my mind :grin:

Keep up the good building!

Edited by Geertos13

Thanks for the comment Geertos. Hero Factory MOCs can be pretty awesome, but most of the time I find that people don't try hard enough to be creative with it and just create "Generic Hero X." I always concentrate on going as far out of the box as possible, especially when limiting myself to this new building system. For example, Mickey here is centered on an upside down torso piece with Drilldozer's chest armor as shorts (although I really wish they made that piece in red already...).

Regarding rounder ears, there's not much in the Hero Factory parts palette that would look any better. There's a Bionicle piece that would work perfectly, but I don't have it on hand and I think it looks fine for now.

I've updated the first post with Hero Factory Mickey Mouse V2. Improved details and particularly an improved head, not to mention better photography.

Edited by @l3x

I like this. Making Mickey out of HF parts is definitely unconventional, and I think that the end result looks nice. It has a very ominous look to it though.