• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you used it before?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you like it?

• Yes
    • No

Hi, I know this has been discussed before: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43559

But I think it would be great to have tapatalk enabled on eurobricks, it makes browsing on phone so much quicker and easier. The skins wont be the same, althought it'll be easier to use and I think it would make it quite a lot easier for people on the forum to use.

Although the app costs to get on your phone,but for forum owners it's free to use: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Could the staff think about it please? :)

Thanks, Ryan.

It looks like a fairly good, useful feature. My only issue is the price, why would I pay for something which I can already use for free by going on Safari?

Still, I support this and if it is free for the site (with some hard work from the admins) then I guess it would be a good thing. :def_shrug:

I do most of my EB reading and posting from my iPhone and have no issues that way. I looked up Tapatalk to see exactly what it was and I would have no use for that. Not to say others couldn't benefit from it but I wouldn't use it.

Although it costs to buy the app, it is free for forums to integrate .. I think the more ways people could communicate on the forum the better :)

As a hardcore phone user in regards to this forum, tapa talk is a fad that will soon be obsolete.

With phone browsers now being capable to render pages just like a regular web browser in practically pc time, specific app's to strip away all the pretty bells and whistles just aren't needed.

Almost any android phone displays eurobricks in perfect viewing form, I know, I'm on my second android phone. Knowing a few people that access the site on iphones and ipods, I get the same info, it displays fine. My brother on law has a windows phone and I did use it once too look at eurobricks and it didn't have any problems, but it was a limited test.

About 3-4 years ago when I had a blackberry, I was an advocate for these types of enhancements, but back then browsers couldn't handle all the coding behind most forums.

My point is with anything made in the last 2 years, you don't need something like tapa talk. Also in my opinion the app sucks and is not totally free. For the very limited number of people who would probably use it, it wouldn't be worth the investment.(timewise)

Tapatalk is now free so that helps a lot. I just recently started using it for forums with poor or no mobile support. I have no issues accessing the mobile version of this site but it would be nice to have to only run one app to access my forums and have a consistent interface for all of them. The centralize notification feature seems more useful than relying on emails. Any previous tapatalk users still using it?

My brother on law has a windows phone and I did use it once too look at eurobricks and it didn't have any problems, but it was a limited test.

It would work better if Eurobricks' mobile theme was also applied for IEmobile: on Windows Phone we get the full version of the site, with no way to switch to the mobile version unlike on Android/iOS.

Cf my post here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69650&st=25#entry1710312

The Tapatalk app seems free on Windows Phone but it still does not seem so useful to implement (i.e. a lot of work) compared to simply enabling the mobile theme for all mobile browsers.

I'm not sure if it's a universal case, but I've viewed some other forums on my phone that use Tapatalk, and I'm constantly bugged by a rather large header advertisement telling me to install Tapatalk. EB's mobile version is already good enough that I would continue using it without Tapatalk even if it was enabled, and I don't think I'd want to see that banner there spoiling EB.

Tapatalk is now free so that helps a lot. I just recently started using it for forums with poor or no mobile support. I have no issues accessing the mobile version of this site but it would be nice to have to only run one app to access my forums and have a consistent interface for all of them. The centralize notification feature seems more useful than relying on emails. Any previous tapatalk users still using it?

I do use it; I'm not certain I understand why we wouldn't want Tapatalk enabled. For those of us who use it, that would be great; for those who don't, it's no big deal.

...If it is free for the site (with some hard work from the admins) then I guess it would be a good thing. :def_shrug:

Agree. The admins don't need more work, but if this can be done easily it would be great.

I'm not sure if it's a universal case, but I've viewed some other forums on my phone that use Tapatalk, and I'm constantly bugged by a rather large header advertisement telling me to install Tapatalk. EB's mobile version is already good enough that I would continue using it without Tapatalk even if it was enabled, and I don't think I'd want to see that banner there spoiling EB.

Almost certain that can be removed, as there are multiple forums I go on (such as Gallifrey Base) that have tapatalk with no such banner.

Two and a half years later to post my personal opinion- I would participate in discussions of EB if tapatalk enabled as all forums I visit are tapatalk friendly so super easy just to swap. But I guess that will is not happening ever.