Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Two

Quite simply because when I originally messaged you, you said you thought contact was a good idea, said you were a vanilla townie, and asked me if I'd learned anything since I sent out the messages. Everyone else I contacted immediately closed up and told me nothing, and I had to work to try to get them to contact me. The only person who would immediately jump at the chance of contact, but would not send our messages themselves, would be a scum. They would also claim to have no action, and would also try to find out if their contact had information. No one else asked me for information, nor did they open anything about themselves up.

Wow, this new revelation certainly is startling! Why would Yan accuse Petr of being scum because of the network when he thought it was a good idea in the first place? This requires an explanation from Yan...

Although I do find Yan's behavior rather suspicious, I'm also quite suspicious of Barbara. She's been completely un-helpful this whole time, and when accused, gives weak defenses full of flawed logic.

As I said earlier, voting our Petr just doesn't seem like the right decision to me, so I will

Vote: Barbara (Bob the Construction Man)

I'm going to go take a nap now, and I probably won't be back for the rest of the day, so this is goodnight.

When/if I'm voted off, take note of those who did NOT vote for me in the final hours. When I'm this close to a final vote, it would be so easy for a scum, knowing I'm town, to simply walk along, place the hammer, and be lost in the crowd. That's what a smart scum would do, so those unvoting me, or not voting for me when I'm this close to a conviction should be held in higher regard tomorrow, if I am killed. I suppose if I'm not convicted, only I will know to hold them in higher regard. :laugh:

Really? That makes little to no sense, as usual. I would think the scum would try to avoid contact in this case. I was simply trying to judge your trustworthiness. Of course I would like private contact when I can't trust or be suspicious of anyone, when private contact can offer me an opportunity to judge someone individually.

Although I don't agree with your interpretation of what scum would do, I think you've provided a sufficient explanation of your behavior to diminish my new suspicion.

Finally, to note, I WAS NOT KILLED LAST NIGHT, even though I was suspect to the town apparently.

If your story about waking up with a headache is true, who's to say you weren't kidnapped? So even if a vigilante tried to kill you they failed? A theory, to compliment your shaky explanation.

Mod note: Yes.

It wasn't mentioned in the rules... of life. Thanks. :thumbup:

Wow, this new revelation certainly is startling! Why would Yan accuse Petr of being scum because of the network when he thought it was a good idea in the first place? This requires an explanation from Yan...

To my understanding, Yan was suspicious of the network as soon as Petr opened it. Yan already countered Petr's accusations. I think you need to get your head in the game.

I don't think Yan is acting very suspicious. Petr definitely is acting strangely. His "plan" was doomed from the start.

I didn't feel comfortable with doing so earlier when you were just acting crazy but I will

Vote: Petr (Zepher)

Your evidence against Yan is hardly compelling. Your continued existence does not prove he's scum. And his behavior does not seem odd to me at all. What did you expect with a plan like yours? Even pretending that you caught a scum with it was ludicrous.

Just to clarify I don't think Petr was making any hard accusations agaist Yan, just giving suspicions and thus his evidence did not have to be hardly compelling. While I am also hesetant that such a plot could truly uncover a scum, I'm not sure you have really backed up assumption of uncovering a scum with any hard evidence either. Take the time to read the past conversations, it doesn't add up from a scum's perspective, why would any scum attract as much attention to himself as Petr has, if anything he would be backpedaling like a madman trying to get back under the radar, not plunging forward and throwing out his suspicions with all guns blazing. As of the moment I'd be more comfortable going against Barbara before I'd vote Petr even though the case against her isn't the strongest, but it's better I think than what we have with Petr. So it seems I'm at an impass, on the one hand there are several individuals who fit Barbara's bill, so should we still vote for her? On the other hand, there is no one else who is quite like Petr, but because of all of his erraticness should we still suspect him of being scum? I'm going to read through the statements again and try and come up with a sensible vote. There has got to be something more solid out there that we can go on. :wacko:

Well, the sun in setting and we clearly are letting this day go to waste largely because of Petr's crazy plan. If Petr really is town, he has certainly done the scum a huge favour.

If nothing else comes up, I guess we have to decide between Petr and Barbara, but the most interesting accusation seems to have been largely ignored, namely Yuri apparently knowing about Ruxana's 'nasty' night action (Petr's words). Neither Yuri nor Ruxana herself seems to want to say something about it so far. Whereas 'nasty' sounds scummy, I simply cannot imagine someone knowing about a scum's night actions so early in the game, unless of course it was through investigation on night 1. But I don't know at what time this news came to Petr: yesterday or today? So it might as well refer to a town night action (I'm sure the scum are paying full attention to what we're saying, so I don't think I'm 'informing' them about it now, blabbermouth Petr took care of that).

Well, I'm standing by my vote. I don't see the logic behind voting for Barbara, and frankly Petr hasn't really given a convincing argument to defend his actions yesterday, in my opinion. In my experience, it is often the devious amoung us that first try to reach out to as many people as possible so that they will be able to manipulate them. Approaching 8 "random" people just doesn't seem like the sort of thing a cautious townie would do, especially when these 8 people are all meant to "share" information through Petr the puppet master. No, that just doesn't make any sense at all to me, and his accusations seem more like desperate attempts to divert our attention than actual substantial and helpful remarks.

Mod note: If you proxy your vote and your proxy places a vote, and then you unproxy that person, that counts as your one unvote. *huh* Yes, that's the way it works...

Well, the sun in setting and we clearly are letting this day go to waste largely because of Petr's crazy plan. If Petr really is town, he has certainly done the scum a huge favour.

But I don't know at what time this news came to Petr: yesterday or today? So it might as well refer to a town night action (I'm sure the scum are paying full attention to what we're saying, so I don't think I'm 'informing' them about it now, blabbermouth Petr took care of that).

Your first paragraph, well, I feel I have to defend myself. My goal with my plan was to get information moving, and it did that alright. What else did we have to go off today? We were discussing Samuel not being able to vote and... I'm sorry, nothing else? At least SOME thoughts cropped up today.

The news came to me today. Early today Yuri contacted me, and said he wanted a contact and I was it. He then went on to ask if I was in contact with Roncantor. When i asked why he chose me, and why the Roxana question, he responded with "just a gut feeling" and that he thought Roxana had a night action. That is all I have on the matter.

Approaching 8 "random" people just doesn't seem like the sort of thing a cautious townie would do, especially when these 8 people are all meant to "share" information through Petr the puppet master. No, that just doesn't make any sense at all to me, and his accusations seem more like desperate attempts to divert our attention than actual substantial and helpful remarks.

My accusations stood before I had to "divert attention", thank you very much. As I've stated before, these are not vengeful, Donil can prove that I had these thoughts before hand. And I'm not a cautious townie, I've stated before, I'm a vanilla townie with nothing of value to lose for the town, so I decided to branch out. I encouraged my "puppets" to contact each other to verify my claims, and when someone chose to not respond to me, I said I understood and would not pressure them, and left it totally at that. I was encouraging general contact, because frankly, seeing how this has been going so far, we need someone to pick someone to trust to be their mouth for their results.

If nothing else comes up, I guess we have to decide between Petr and Barbara, but the most interesting accusation seems to have been largely ignored, namely Yuri apparently know about Ruxana's 'nasty' night action (Petr's words). Neither Yuri nor Ruxana herself seems to want to say something about it so far. Whereas 'nasty' means scummy, I simply cannot imagine someone knowing about a scum's night actions so early in the game, unless of course it was through investigation on night 1. But I don't know at what time this news came to Petr: yesterday or today? So it mfer to a town night action (I'm sure the scum are paying full attention to what we're saying, so I don't think I'm 'informing' them about it now, blabbermouth Petr took care of that).

It was just a suspicion I had and shared with petr because I wanted to hear his opinion. I didn't have any solid evidence to back up my story and ruxana proved to me via pm that my theory was untrue. So thats all there is to know.

And now chances for a conviction are looking really slim, so I guess tonight we'll find out how bad the penalty for not reaching a conviction is.. can't say I'm looking forward to it. :sad:

And now chances for a conviction are looking really slim, so I guess tonight we'll find out how bad the penalty for not reaching a conviction is.. can't say I'm looking forward to it. :sad:

Neither am I, but the least I can do is to cast my vote. While voting for Petr still doesn't feel to me like a good option, Stanislav may have hit something with his comment about how the vote thief appears to protect Barbara by focusing on Samuel. It may be mere coincidence, or it could be something more. In the current circumstances with very little time left in the day and pending any hard evidence, it would appear that this is the only avenue left to explore.

I've rushed through what everybody's been saying and need to make a quick vote before my phone dies while I'm awake.

I don't think that Petr's scum with the way he's acting today. Barbara hasn't done anything particularly scummy, but she hasn't done anything town either.

vote: Barbara (bob)

I'm actually hoping neither Petr or Barb get convicted today, but I'd like to have placed a vote in that case.

Stanislav may have hit something with his comment about how the vote thief appears to protect Barbara by focusing on Samuel.

I still think it's far more likely that Samuel simply can't vote and was not made aware of his inability to vote. But I agree, it's a concrete thought and certainly a possibility.

I'm afraid we wasted the day and again are solely talking about townies as suspects again. I still think we should reach a conviction for the same reason as yesterday: to avoid the penalty if possible. Considering time is ticking away quickly and the current number of votes for both, I doubt it is going to be Barbara though. Therefore:

Vote: Petr (Zepher)

I should be around to turn this around if necessary, but at the current rate, I doubt we will reach a conviction today.

Neither am I, but the least I can do is to cast my vote. While voting for Petr still doesn't feel to me like a good option, Stanislav may have hit something with his comment about how the vote thief appears to protect Barbara by focusing on Samuel. It may be mere coincidence, or it could be something more. In the current circumstances with very little time left in the day and pending any hard evidence, it would appear that this is the only avenue left to explore.

Perhaps Samuel should try to vote for someone else other then me? He appears to be dead set on wanting to get me out of the game.

Vote tally

Barbara (Bob the Construction Man) 6 votes ([Zepher], Peanuts, Brickdoctor, Captain Tamamono, Fugazi, def)

Petr (Zepher) 11 votes (CallMePieOrDie, JimButcher, [inconspicuous], Quarryman, Shadows, Bob the Construction Man, Dragonator, The Crazy One, CorneliusMurdock, Roncanator, Rick)

Non-voters 7 (iamded, Pandora, WhiteFang, badboytje88, Waterbrick Down, Masked Builder, KartoffelViking)

Day 2 has ended without a conviction. Please get your night actions in within the next 24 hours. Late night actions will not be accepted.

A conclusion should be posted shortly, but I'm so happy this day is over because I started it at 3am for some reason and this is not acceptable to be filming a conclusion at 3:30 am, when I need to be up for work in 2 hours. :blush:

018.jpg

It was a long day and the citizens of Moonlight weren't able to reach a decision on who to convict. It is now nighttime and the end of voting couldn't stop Yan and Petr from arguing.

"It was a very simple plan!" Petr shouts.

"It was a simple-minded plan, retard." Yan laughs back.

019.jpg

"That's it!" Petr said as he shoves Yan, "You want to mess with me? I'm union, pal!"

020.jpg

Yan is quick to fight back and tackles Petr to the ground.

However, the fight is interrupted by The Cross-Dressing Construction Man.

"Look everybody!" he shouts, "It's a full moon!"

021.jpg

"Hooray!" Everyone cries.

022.jpg

"Why is everyone so excited about the full moon?" Agent Veronica asks.

"Oh, is very simple explanation," Ivan tells her, "In Moonlight, we have time-honored tradition to get dressed up in costume and be very drunk when there is full moon."

"But, everybody seems surprised," Agent Veronica says, "You can check the calendar to see when there's a full moon."

"Not in Moonlight," Ivan explains, "Full moons come very randomly. We never know when we will get one."

"So, no play tonight?" Agent Veronica asks.

"No," Ivan tells her, "Play only take place on night where we reach vote to ki...o...llaborate...um...on agreed idea!"

"Collaborate starts with a 'c.'" Veronica explains.

"How about we stop talking now?" Ivan suggests, "Let us go take walk in moonlight."

"Do you mean the light of the moon or the town?" Agent Veronica asks.

"Do you not see the lower case 'm?'" Ivan responds.

023.jpg

And so the Full Moon Festival (lifted directly from def's last game on another site. :blush: ) commences. Everyone is in costume and on their way to The Green Door Tavern, where the booze is now free.

024.jpg

But, it's probably going to be a strange night ahead. People act differently when there's a full moon. Things can get insane...