Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

I'm actually glad that we are having more potential sexual things in Heroica. It's a real part of life, and when artfully handled, it can be an important part of fantasy! Game of Thrones plays with it wonderfully! Before we had too many relationships, now we have too few. :tongue:

:hmpf: Oh, no! Game of Throne's biggest screw-up. It could have been great without all that. :sad:

I'm actually glad that we are having more potential sexual things in Heroica. It's a real part of life, and when artfully handled, it can be an important part of fantasy! Game of Thrones plays with it wonderfully! Before we had too many relationships, now we have too few. :tongue:

In moderation, yes, it does make things more interesting. I'd like to see more Ameli type characters, who take an interest in the heroes personally, it makes for some very good roleplay decisions indeed.

Speaking of which, I just wish that Sisco could be more active, Haldor and Jess' relationship was one of the most entertaining things to play. And Haldor gets lonely sometimes. :sadnew:

If I can ask: who is Ameli and Sisco (is a nickname??)?? :classic:

Speaking of which, I just wish that Sisco could be more active, Haldor and Jess' relationship was one of the most entertaining things to play. And Haldor gets lonely sometimes. :sadnew:

Get yourself an NPC, they're always there when you need them! :wink:

If I can ask: who is Ameli and Sisco (is a nickname??)?? :classic:

Sisco is a Eurobricks member, who plays/played the Assassin Jess, who was also Haldor's girlfriend. :wink:

Get yourself an NPC, they're always there when you need them! :wink:

Sisco is a Eurobricks member, who plays/played the Assassin Jess, who was also Haldor's girlfriend. :wink:

Yeah, but it isn't so much fun just playing with yourself. ( :facepalm:)

'Was'? Last time I checked, she still is. :tongue:

Edited by Scorpiox

:hmpf: Oh, no! Game of Throne's biggest screw-up. It could have been great without all that. :sad:

Are you kidding? Don't you listen to Cesari? Politics is sex, and sex is politics. :tongue: Sex is MAJORLY important to that show, and lots of other fantastic stories as well. Don't get me wrong, handled poorly it is both unnecessary and can take a story in the wrong direction, but the desire of sex can be a great character motivation. Humans are animals, we make dumb choices to achieve procreation (and many other things).

Yeah, but it isn't so much fun just playing with yourself. ( :facepalm:)

Oh, really? :tongue: *begins thinking of a way to make fun of that in-character*

Humans are animals, we make dumb choices to achieve procreation (and many other things).

Or in some cases, we make dumb choices just to fail to 'achieve procreation' anyway. :tongue:

Are you kidding? Don't you listen to Cesari? Politics is sex, and sex is politics. :tongue: Sex is MAJORLY important to that show, and lots of other fantastic stories as well. Don't get me wrong, handled poorly it is both unnecessary and can take a story in the wrong direction, but the desire of sex can be a great character motivation.

Okay, I made a mistake in saying that it could have been great without it, I don't think it could have been with or without it. Honestly, I'm somewhat disappointed that they took a perfectly fascinating concept and made a, somewhat lame series from it. But that's just my opinion and in all honesty, I didn't see the whole thing, as it got rather tiresome.

I don't know what I disliked about it though, and it certainly can't only be tied down to the sex, but I think it was just used a bit too much.

Humans are animals, we make dumb choices to achieve procreation (and many other things).

*huh* ...nevermind. :sadnew:

*huh* ...nevermind. :sadnew:

It's a hard truth to accept, but once you accept it, a lot more of human behavior makes sense--or rather, the nonsense of it becomes more understandable. Tom Stoppard once called sex "the attraction Newton forgot" in his play Arcadia, a play that exemplifies some of the ways that logic and illogic, science and art, numbers and nonsense, all go hand in hand. (In fact, Arcadia is an excellent companion read to the Wren Quests, along with the book Sophie's World. Both, of course, are necessary reads to fully understand the mind of one Arthur Justus Regulus VII, as well as that of one human college student who responds to the moniker of "Flipz". :wink: )

That despite all our knowledge and intellect, we're still animals, and we often make dumb choices based on animalistic instinct. (The urge to procreate, of course, being one of the stronger ones, but another inconvenient illogical animal instinct is the urge to lash out at others when we're hurting (physically OR emotionally), even if they just want to help; that's a great instinct when, in the wild, predators will often hunt down the injured, but not so much when we need other people to help us.) Those instincts are HIGHLY valuable to learn about when one is creating realistic characters, however, because these instincts drive--well, pretty much everything. :wink:

I don't know if you can say that. Many of these "instincts" are not born into us as many may think, but are developed as we move on in life, but I guess there's no use arguing about this point.

I guess one of the problems that I see with Game of Thrones is the way that a lot of their attitudes don't match up with the timing (if related to the world) when the story takes place. It seems that modern and medieval way of thinking, etc are kind of forced together in an attempt to make a mixed world, but I don't think it's worth me going on about. I'll just keep quiet about this.

...Until I feel led to start again. :laugh:

I don't know if you can say that. Many of these "instincts" are not born into us as many may think, but are developed as we move on in life, but I guess there's no use arguing about this point.

I guess one of the problems that I see with Game of Thrones is the way that a lot of their attitudes don't match up with the timing (if related to the world) when the story takes place. It seems that modern and medieval way of thinking, etc are kind of forced together in an attempt to make a mixed world, but I don't think it's worth me going on about. I'll just keep quiet about this.

...Until I feel led to start again. :laugh:

Hey, Heroica's got that, too. We have at least two homosexual couples (that I can think of off the top of my head) and a major NPC who's pretty much openly gay. If this were truly accurate to medieval thinking, they would all be dead now. It's my view that fantasy (and make no mistake, both Heroica and Game of Thrones are "fantasy," not "medieval drama") is really just a way of layering the medieval imagery of knights and castles and sorcerery over lessons and stories that need to be told to the modern world. Both Heroica and Game of Thrones would go over VERY differently with their audiences if they were set in the modern world...and there are definite parallels to be found in both, if one takes the time to look...

Yeah, I know. But Heroica, as I see it, should be more light-hearted, and though I enjoy the deep role-playing as well to me, there is a certain balance to it. I guess when it starts getting too "real-world" it starts getting into less of a story and more of a...I don't know how to say it. Obviously, people think differently about this. And I guess it's good, but...well, all is well. :classic:

After much thought, I have come to an idea for a Quest:

Title: I'm working on it (any suggestion appreciate)

The popolation of the city Alexandria is terrorized, a dark and demoniac presence is appeard and became to spread his aura around, from the mountains to the city. Nobody trusts to leave the house, let alone outside the city. The Town Council, through its spokesman Zosimos Eutrakrios, asks to the Heroica to send a group of heroes to investigate.

Any thounght??? :classic:

^Sort of similar to #52

Oh my, Heroica hasn't done a great escape/prison break thing yet.. Well maybe the Arena but I mean more breaking someone else out of jail.

Who are the homosexual couples?

Lyren Hinckwell and Nuitan Shadeaux, and Thothwick and Hoptet. Fabian is attracted to other men as well. :wink:

Oh yeah, I always thought Hoptet was female.

Really? He's running barechested all the time...

heroicaquest14-hoptet.jpg

Fabian is attracted to other men as well. :wink:

But mostly to burly, muscular barbarian-types. :grin:

As Tarn has found out! Although he is lanky more than muscular.

With minifigs, who can really tell the difference? :tongue:

With minifigs, who can really tell the difference? :tongue:

Everybody break out the shirtless torsos!