Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

Or just memorize the hex codes you want to use and type them into the opening Color tag. If you do it often, eventually it becomes a lot easier than copy-pasting.

I just wanted to throw some ideas into the building of quests here. So if any quest host wants to use these or incorporate them, be my guest.

Quest ~ Fort related

length ~ MedLong - Long

- Enemy grounds, heroes have to establish HQ

- Heroes have to spy around, find way to break into enemy base

- Find weaknesses in fort, find out enemy plans

- Build war machines, use different tactics to attack

Quest ~ Sneaky

Length ~ short

- Heroes have to infiltrate a gang base stealing goods from civilians, pose as gangsters to get inside info

- Heroes have to chase down one of leaders who poses as a mayor, have to dodge guards and use parkour (use maps so heroes can decide course of action) to get from building to building so they can capture 'mayor' without being spotted.

The first idea sounds awfully similar to "Princess Panic", just without the Croise/Fantome storyline. :sceptic:

I will admit, the second idea sounds rather interesting, though. :wink:

Why not just turn the editing mode back on and not have to bother with BBcodes? :wacko:

Possibly, like me he accesses primarily through an iPad or moblie. There is no option for editing modes.

Edited by Chromeknight

Possibly, like me he accesses primarily through an iPad or moblie. There is no option for editing modes.

Exactly, though I just got my other computer repaired, and the one can now edit texts. The problem with that computer however is it sometimes loses posts, and I can't copy/paste into it, at least last time I checked. Still, I only have access to that computer at certain times.

Advice to all QM's: READ OTHER QUESTS. Some people have already designed some AWESOME drops/specials. Steal them.

The amount of unique drops out there is awesome, but I'm sure no one would complain if another lifestealer popped into existence. Soon it's going to get crazy with the amount of different unique items out there. Reuse the ones you like!

Same for specials. I'm finishing off the Wren Quest (still... I keep making it harder :devil: ), and shopping around for specials I like. Some QMs already have designed amazing specials. STEAL THEM. People on my quest, for a preview of some of the specials you'll face, read 35, 42, 48 (a lot) and 14... and any other Wren Quest. No reason to not reuse things, especially because you see how they work in battle already and you can judge if you think they were fun/challenging/could have used some sort of complimenting ally/effect.

There was an opportunity to get a Whiskey (an interesting item I found in Quest 25) in Quest 51. I also tried to incorporate the original Automaton's special into the advanced one. But I think creating both specials and items is a very cool part of being a QM. There should be a good balance between tying in the old stuff and creating new stuff. I was very happy to see the Glass Dagger pop up in Quest 39. :classic:

Advice to all QM's: READ OTHER QUESTS. Some people have already designed some AWESOME drops/specials. Steal them.

The amount of unique drops out there is awesome, but I'm sure no one would complain if another lifestealer popped into existence. Soon it's going to get crazy with the amount of different unique items out there. Reuse the ones you like!

Same for specials. I'm finishing off the Wren Quest (still... I keep making it harder :devil: ), and shopping around for specials I like. Some QMs already have designed amazing specials. STEAL THEM. People on my quest, for a preview of some of the specials you'll face, read 35, 42, 48 (a lot) and 14... and any other Wren Quest. No reason to not reuse things, especially because you see how they work in battle already and you can judge if you think they were fun/challenging/could have used some sort of complimenting ally/effect.

Just how much are you taking, Mr. Zepher? :tongue:

Nah, just kidding. I'm fine as long as a Progg doesn't pop up :tongue:

Endgame, you have a gift for battle balancing passive specials. I think your quests use passive specials the best, so I'm stealing tons of them. :tongue::wub:

The amount of unique drops out there is awesome, but I'm sure no one would complain if another lifestealer popped into existence.

No! :angry:

No! :angry:

Why not? Lifestealer is another Sapper. :tongue:

Endgame, you have a gift for battle balancing passive specials. I think your quests use passive specials the best, so I'm stealing tons of them. :tongue::wub:

They are pretty awesome. It's like throwing a curveball to the party, but only when they nail it do they discover it was in actuality a grenade. :laugh:

With the amount of gold you have, you could just buy it off whoever got it and have it melted down. Everyone wins. :grin:

With the amount of gold you have, you could just buy it off whoever got it and have it melted down. Everyone wins. :grin:

I think he only has two hundred Gold left, actually.

On another note, I know Scuba's new title is because of the discussion of leet in Rules and Discussion, but I have no idea what it says. :wacko:

I think he only has two hundred Gold left, actually.

On another note, I know Scuba's new title is because of the discussion of leet in Rules and Discussion, but I have no idea what it says. :wacko:

Scubacarrot rulez. It's a disgrace.

Scubacarrot rulez. It's a disgrace.

Ah, I see. The parentheses were throwing me off. :blush:

Back on topic, I don't really mind if items Docken has are given out again (which is not to say I want someone else to have a Dread Hat, but I don't really mind), but I think I'd like it if the QM dropping it checked with the QM who originally gave it out, in case that QM intended for it to be a unique weapon. Not a requirement, but out of courtesy. (and you'd still have to check with Sandy before you dropped it, of course) But I think it should be the decision of the QMs, not of the player who currently owns the existing item.

I agree for the MOST part. Generally it's fairly clear. I'd never give out... I don't know, a Staff of the Elven Necromancer, for example. Venoms/consumables... most likely yes. But I did actually check with Endgame, who I'm stealing most of my things from. :sweet:

The Staff of the Elven Necromancer is nothing more than a Darkness-elemental staff. :laugh: It's one of the weapons that you could just rename and probably not have to ask to use. But I agree, it's usually pretty clear which items are off-limits, like Zoot's Plaything.

And Amulets of Elven Horse Riders. :snicker:

Only items off limits from me is book of a thousand creatures, I think. Any other item just rename or something and use it, totally cool.

The Staff of the Elven Necromancer is nothing more than a Darkness-elemental staff. :laugh: It's one of the weapons that you could just rename and probably not have to ask to use. But I agree, it's usually pretty clear which items are off-limits, like Zoot's Plaything.

And Amulets of Elven Horse Riders. :snicker:

Don't forget Lucky Dies. :enough:

Satchel of Awesomeness was just put out there and has the same effect. I had thought that we were done with those, but oh well. I think a lot of QMs are too obsessed, also, with putting out really awesome drops. There should only be so many unique drops per quest. I'd be a-okay if someone dropped me a few meads from time to time.

Satchel of Awesomeness was just put out there and has the same effect. I had thought that we were done with those, but oh well. I think a lot of QMs are too obsessed, also, with putting out really awesome drops. There should only be so many unique drops per quest. I'd be a-okay if someone dropped me a few meads from time to time.

Handing the heroes consumables. Hahahahaha. Good one.

Handing the heroes consumables. Hahahahaha. Good one.

For the ones who aren't completely addicted to them, it makes sense. :laugh: I'd kind of like to see Mulled Wine show up sometime again, if it doesn't in the Marketplace.