Sign in to follow this  
Julandrius

Moons of Endor

That tree is actually awesome. Just really, really nice. The only thing I would suggest is to spread the plants on the ground a little more. But that's just what I would do. Well done!

That tree is actually awesome. Just really, really nice. The only thing I would suggest is to spread the plants on the ground a little more. But that's just what I would do. Well done!

I agree with this totally. Well done Julandrius :thumbup:.

I guess the ground is indeed quite boring. Thanks for the idea, I might extend this, if I do I'll pay more attention to detail in the grass.

~Julandrius

The tree looks awesome, and contrary to the others I love the design of the ground. Whilst simplistic, it is very effective for mine.

Well done! :thumbup:

The tree isn't quite the type that were on Endor, but it's lovely. :wub: Nice work on the 74-Z, too.

That is awesome! Not at all what was expecting. Who's to say if that's the tree type or not, it's a forest planet with tons of different trees.

I think it's very clever, and looks great.

That is awesome! Not at all what was expecting. Who's to say if that's the tree type or not, it's a forest planet with tons of different trees.

I think it's very clever, and looks great.

It's California, and yes, there were more than just Sequoias on Endor. I do like the tree, but feel some variety of different leaves on the ground would help.

It's refreshing to see organic shapes captured so well in Lego. Your tree design is elegant and actually quite beautiful providing the centerpiece for a well executed minimalist Star Wars theme.

I really like it! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing this one...

WOW, thanks for all the kind replies people. Really cheers me up.

Anyways, I know there are lots of differebt trees on Endor, but I still have the feeling it looks quite out of place. I guess it would look better on Kashyyyk. So that is probably what my next MOC will be, but then a diorama that's way bigger as 16 x 16.

I'll try to make it movie-accurate, I will try to add custom vehicles. Not just the sets unless the sets are good the way they are.

I hope I can get on with this ASAP, and I thank all of you for the C&C, it's much appreciated.

Also glad you like the speeder Brickdoctor :sweet:

It's California, and yes, there were more than just Sequoias on Endor. I do like the tree, but feel some variety of different leaves on the ground would help.

Correction: Northern California.

Great looking tree.

A very nice 'slice' of Endor with this pretty neat vig Julandrius, ten more of these and you can create a bigger Endor diorama (but that would be too much to ask I guess) :wink:. Still, good job and looking forward for your Kashyyyk one! :thumbup:

A very nice 'slice' of Endor with this pretty neat vig Julandrius, ten more of these and you can create a bigger Endor diorama (but that would be too much to ask I guess) :wink:. Still, good job and looking forward for your Kashyyyk one! :thumbup:

I'm not sure if my collection of leaves will let me. But as for the brown tubes, I was able to get 2000 of bricklink very cheap :D

So I might extend, but it will be Kashyyyk instead of Endor I think, or are these trees good enough for Endor? I mean, Kashyyyk would look better right?

So I might extend, but it will be Kashyyyk instead of Endor I think, or are these trees good enough for Endor? I mean, Kashyyyk would look better right?

This type of tree is better suited to Kashyyyk yes. Sounds good :thumbup:.

Yes, I think this type of tree would fit better with Kasyyyk than Endor too. The trees at Kashyyyk seem to be curve shaped, while the ones at Endor are just straight up.

Nice speeder btw, do you have any close up shots?

Nice speeder btw, do you have any close up shots?

It's basically thisone:

5891440336_3efb605656_z.jpg

An earlier design of me, but then with a more accurate/fixed back, the front is the same though.

And thanks all :D

As far as I can see the current speeder you used in the build is way better than the earlier design. I think the front looks really good and accurate. Maybe you can even add the laser cannon (using a black screwdriver for example) to make it even more realistic.

As far as I can see the current speeder you used in the build is way better than the earlier design. I think the front looks really good and accurate. Maybe you can even add the laser cannon (using a black screwdriver for example) to make it even more realistic.

Indeed, the back of the first veroin was totally not accurate. I think the 2nd version is way batter, though it's a little to flat IMO.

Thanks for the screwdriver idea, might try that.

A beautiful tree design Julandrius and a very nice vignette. You've captured the feeling of movement with the speeder bike very well and I don't think the ground is boring at all - I like it. :thumbup:

Wow , that tree is a total success , and your approach of the speeder is also very interesting ( a worthy opponent for Brickdoctor 's design ) . All in all , it's one of the best mocs that I've ever seen ....