Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

A soldier of the Town Watch marches into Heroica Hall and puts a new list under the pitch for Quest#6.

Heroes chosen to participate on Quest#6: WANTED! Donny Dozenhands

~ En Sabah Nur, Level 1 Mage (Jebediahs) *Party Leader*

~ Skrall, Level 1 Ranger (Waterbrick Down)

~ Haldor Skovgaard, Level 1 Cleric (Scorpiox)

These three were instructed to arrive to the Town Watch Barracks in a few days.

Haldor rushes back into the hall and is ecstatic to see that he has been chosen to track down the notorious theif Donny Dozenhands. Finally! A chance to prove himself to Jess, Haldor hopes that with the quests success he'll be able to woo the stunningly beautiful elf (:wub:).

Haldor sees that he'll be on the trail with the mysterious and slightly creep mage En Sabah Nur, and also the gigantic ogre Skrall. An unlikely partnership, but one that will hopefully prove effevtive. Haldor Scribbles out his name on the Quest #*8 sign up as it would be selfish to take a place up when he's already been chosen for a quest.

Skrall the ogre walked into the hall, he grinned upon seeing his friend En Sabeh Nur's name affixed before his. He pondered upon the name of the other, it obviously hailed from the Northern lands and he had seen the barbarian Eric leaving on his quest earlier, so that only left the cleric whose behavior with the elf the other day Skrall had tried to explain to the rogue De'Kra. Skrall looked up around the bar as he walked up the stairs. He noticed the afore mentioned norseman at one of the tables and went to join him..

"Good mornin' to ya. Haldor ain't it? My name is Skrall and I believe we're to be fellow thief catchers in a day or two, so I thought I'd best come over an' introduce myself. I can tell from yar clothes and forename that ya hail from up North, but what brings ya to these fair weather lands?"

"Hello Skrall! :classic: I'm eager to get going, and we'll see if we can bag ourselves a theif :excited:.

I came to the Eubric because the only options for a Norseman is hunting, feasts and conquest."

Haldor recounts his tale.

Since birth Haldor had been different from the other young men of the tribe, they always drempt of battle and hunting whereas Haldor was quiet, thinking of the world and why it was as it is. Haldor was bullied for not being as strong or as violent as the others, and laughed at for reading great tomes and muttering to himself. Haldor tried to be like the others, but he did not enjoy killing, he much prefered to try and give life back to things that were dying. He trained under the healers and wise men of the village but was infuriated at the ignorance of them, they still thought amputating a limb was the cure for everything!

Life went on as it had done for many years untill an ill-fated hunting trip had turned Haldor's world upside down. For Haldor had always had this unusal touch, beetles that were crippled had moved again, dogs that were rotting had awoken , even bulls that were condemmed by disease had been as good as new. This power was to change Haldor's life in the coming weeks. As usual in the autumn months the men of the village rode out into the forest to stock up the supplies for winter, this was one of those trips, it went as smooth as ever with plentiful deer and wolves. But one of those wolves did not belong there, it had been twisted by a great sorcerer and thus stalked the hunters like wild rabbits. The cheiftain, Throdric, had spotted it and decided it would make a great prize, he decided to take it on single handedly. It didn't end well to say the least.

Haldor had been trapping a hare when he heard the terrible screams, he rushed over to see the wolf savaging Throdric. He called for help and the wolf was quickly slain by the hunting party. But the cheiftain was mortaly wounded. The healers were called to do anything they could to save him, but he was fading. One of the healers had seen Haldor use his power and so Haldor was told to use all his strength to help ease the pain. Haldor began muttering and soon he lost control of his energy, he twitched and writhed as his magic was evaporating the wounds and removing all traces of the cheiftain's injury. After what seemed like hours Haldor awoke to see what he had done.

Haldor was called a hero and appointed cheif healer of the village, but after months of reviving headstrong children and foolhardy warriors he grew bored, he wanted to use his powers for a purpose. He heard whispers of a free port where anyone was welcome and he could meet other people who were blessed as he was. Haldor gathered his things and journeyed to this fabled port, the road was hard and he found many dangers on the way, but after 3 years of hardship he stumbled upon a ferry bound for the free port of Eubric.

"Well that's my story, so what made you come here yourself Skrall?"

En Sabah Nur bumped into a soldier from the Town Watch on his way into the Hall. "Watch it, hero." The venom in the guard's voice was thick.

"My apologies, good watchman," Nur said with a bow and a grin.

"New quest selection is up. But I don't see how one such as you would be chosen. Hah ha."The guard went on his way with a guffaw. Perhaps he recognized me as a former thief? No, it must be something else as I haven't done any thieving in these parts. Nur's eyes widened as he was struck by a revelation.

"I do remember hearing many rumors of the Town Watch's corruption." Nur thought aloud. "It must be embarassing to request help from us." Nur approached the quest board. Excellent. This task will be most challenging, especially undertaking it with an ogre. Nur chuckled. I recognize the name of that love-struck cleric from the letter I saw lying around. Perhaps we shall find him a new love interest along the way because I don't think that elf is interested. It could be worse I suppose, I could be partnered with the shade.

En Sabah Nur walked to the stairs to find his companions but paused suddenly and ran from the 'Hall.

(OOC: I must attend an emergency meeting. Will be back later :-D)

Alf nods his head at the last of the heroes leave. "humph. Hopefully I go on last quest..." Alf sits down in corner and hopes that he will be chosen. Alf feels he is being left out. :pir-cry_sad:

"Hello Skrall! :classic: I'm eager to get going, and we'll see if we can bag ourselves a theif :excited:.

I came to the Eubric because the only options for a Norseman is hunting, feasts and conquest."

Haldor recounts his tale.

"Well that's my story, so what made you come here yourself Skrall?"

Skrall nodded at Haldor's tale, "As I've said to me friend En Sabah Nur, the mage who should be joining us shortly, I respect a man who forges his own path for himself. As for myself, I'm a traveler from the South, I grew up on the move with my family always fleein' from the hatred and oppression that met us in every 'civilized' village. When I got older I decided to make a name for myself, fightin' the oppression against the orc kind. My siblins had either gone into politics or academia, so I took up the life of a highway-troll, you know "Stealin' from the rich snobish races to give to the poor sufferin' orc". Well I sent what loot I hauled in to the family back home, but as of late the travelers 'round here have taken to arming their convoys with spell casters and the like, and while my arrows will pierce through plate armor, they've got no use against the wards and shields the mages are using these days. So here I am, ready to make a decent livin' plying my bow to fightin' for justice and all that, if it still exists for the orc kind. I've gotten some mixed reactions, but no ones tried to skewer me yet :sweet: ."

Amorith walked up to the quest board and saw that he had not been chosen to track down Donny Dozenhands.

He felt disappointed but at least there was one more quest left open.

Boomingham sits, alone. The hall is empty. He orders drink after drink and drinks them all. He is bored. He uses the flat side of his sword to try to squash bugs against the table. "Damn Orcs," he mutters under his breath. "Taking up all the good questing spots."

...but no ones tried to skewer me yet :sweet: ."

"And let's hope they don't succeed if they do try." The dark mage clasped his friend on the shoulder. "Who is your friend? Might this be the lovesick Norseman I've heard others talk so much about?" Nur moved his hand to his chest. "I am En Sabah Nur. I believe we will be working together on the next quest. Rest assured we shall find this rogue. After all, you'll be traveling with a pair of thieves."En Sabah Nur grinned before his tone became serious.

"Have you two heard the rumors concerning the Town Watch? I'm concerned that our employer may not be the most trustworthy group of individuals. What do you gentlemen think?" Nur pulled out a piece of parchment and studied it. It appears to display information on clerics, rangers, and other topics. Nur was thankful for the few days to prepare.

Edited by Jebediahs

"Ah Nur good to see ya join us, pull up a bench and order a drink! Barmaid I'll take a tankard of ale and some of that pork shank I smelled earlier." Turning to the mage, Skrall introduced him to the Norseman, "This fine gentleman is indeed Haldor Skovgaard, and take pity on the chap, do ya know how hard it is to woo an elf maiden, an experienced rogue at that? But down to business, and don't worry my good cleric, Nur and I have cleaned up our acts for the time bein', in hopes of better prospects, so you shouldn't have to worry about yar purse," the ogre chuckled.

"I am concerned about the town watch meself, it would seem like we're helpin' the bandit catch the thief, but I ain't goin' to complain as long as the task will allow me to send a few coins home and put a dangerous no-good-doer behind bars. Concernin' stratagy, 'tween three of us we're ain't got much to bolster against a heavy fightin' force so we may need to plan accordingly should we come across any large groups of rifraf. You, Nur, should be able to handle any elemental beasts that may cross our paths as we're givin' chase, and my new ice bomb trinket should come in handy against any vermin. As far as findin' and catchin' this Dozenhands character, there in lies the actual challenge, though I expect our employer may have a few more details for us come the next day."

"Aye, I've heard rumours of the town watch being corrupt, but if we nose too deep we could get more than we bargained for. I think that we should be careful where we tread, as the town watch might have left out the details on the theif on purpose. This could be a attempt to get us killed, but we are more than a match for a petty theif. If he's only that of course.

I have a feeling that this theif is not going to be a pushover, I doubt the town watch, corrupt or not, would have hired us just to catch a pickpocket. :hmpf_bad:"

In a quiet corner of the room Elgar heard stuff about the town watch. He joined in "corrupt alright they are, when I first came here I got attacked by a few bandits I could of drafted them till the town guard arrived, they joined In. Eventually our friend Donny turned up, with me winning but injured she took all my money. So do me a faced and win :thumbup: "

En Sabah Nur lowered his head as he contemplated the words of his companions.

"I would not want to-" Before his sentence could be completed, Nur heard a banging sound near the bar. His eyes moved towards the sound. He saw a weathered warrior beating his sword against a table.

Boomingham sits, alone...He orders drink after drink and drinks them all. He is bored. He uses the flat side of his sword to try to squash bugs against the table. "Damn Orcs," he mutters under his breath. "Taking up all the good questing spots."

"I would not want to face any large groups as you propose we may encounter, friend Skrall. Especially with only us three. Not that I doubt our abilities, mind you. I have a few coins on me. Would you suggest I purchase a Smoke Bomb or save my coin in case we must bribe a-" The weathered warrior continued to bang on the table. "Excuse me, gentleman..."

Nur came upon the knight as he mumbled to himself. "Hail knight. I am En Sabah Nur. You appear to have seen many battles. Perhaps you'd like to share the tale of your latest?" Nur signaled the barkeep to stop bringing drinks to the knight's table.

"Of course!" beams Boomingham. "I'm a knight, names Boomingham. I'm also a King, but my Kingdom is gone. My last quest was fantastic. Little bloke named Hybros, he was on it, mighty good fellow. I think he's off in some arena, I do hope the gods are kind to him. And there was a wonderful cleric. I forgot to ask him if he was in the Orcish Invasion. I was. Oh!" Boomingham happily accepts another drink. He looks over at Skrall, trying to not be too obvious about it but failing. "I wouldn't trust him," Boomingham hisses. "I hear times have changed, but still, his kind... eh. I must sound ridiculous to all you, but the last time I saw those creatures... well, I could have lost my life. This building was founded by people who fought against them..." Boomingham takes a swig of his newest drink. "You know, I knew the Golden Dragon. We were good friends, she was a lovely lady."

"Times have changed, indeed." Nur chuckled at the drunken king's disdain for his choice of friend. He moved closer to the knight."Oh I know what you mean. It wasn't my idea to go on a mission with the likes of him. I will be vigilant in watching my backside. He's the biggest flirt in the land. I've heard tell that Skrall fellow is very popular with the ladies. Elves, orcs, humans, gnomes, princesses, you name it. They flock to him. If ye have a woman you'd best hold onto her tightly before she succumbs to the ogrelust."

En Sabah Nur paused and grinned gauging the knight's reaction.

"Aw. Don't trust him with women. Back in the war myself and some of the knights of my kingdom got separated from the main troupe and ran into an ogre in the forest who had been luring woman into a temple and eating them. We luckily dispatched of him. And my wife is the best woman in the world. She won't flock to Skrall. Besides, Skrall lust can't stand up against Boomingham lust." Boomingham pauses, takes a huge sip, and then looks utterly shocked. "I'm afraid I haven't even asked you anything about yourself! What's your story?!"

"Oh, I'm a man of the road looking to finally settle down in one location. Nothing much to tell." En Sabah Nur grinned thinking it best to leave out the exact nature of his old trade and upbringing.

Nur caught the eye of his new cleric companion. "Say Boomingham, have you met Haldor? He seems to be having quite a bit of trouble wooing a certain maiden. I'm sure you have more experience than anyone here in that department, eh? Perhaps you could assist him in his efforts."

Quest 8

A man walks in wearing a turban, and checks off names on a list. Chosen people- come with me to he docks.

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 6 Cleric

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 7 Knight

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 10½ Mage, 19 years old Female Human

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 1 mage 324 year old male elf

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 1 Cleric

Amorith sees his name on the list and is pleased to be able to prove himself. He walks down to the docks with this strange man with a growing sense of excitement.

William Harkenshire stood outside the hall, his life was in ruins and he had nothing to lose. His family resents him for choosing the path of a ranger over that of a knight and the Ranger Corps banished him after a botched mission involving a werewolf. He gathers his courage and enters through the grand doors of the hall. His eyes are haunted as he looks around.