Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

I return to the hall after a spot of good business. My shopping since this last quest has gone well thus far and my sales have bolstered my financial arm.

Now, only one step left...

I enter the hall and my eyes briefly survey the scene around me, until they alight on one individual in particular sitting alone at his table.

My hands close around my favourite weapon, the weapon I've only had the chance to use in one fight thus far.

"Demon," I say in a low and harsh voice, hoping those around will not be needlessly alarmed or feel the need to rush to the aid of the loot-grabber, "I believe you have something of mine. It belongs to our party. You can't just claim the loot you stole as your own, especially as I gave loot out liberally, not taking the blackness of your soul into account. Now, you will hand me that sword, you know the one of which I speak, or..." I pause and let my steak show a little.

Dreyrugr pokes an eye open.

"A bit greedy aren't we? You do already have a selection of good weapons, and you didn't do badly at all gathering new items. Those slippers still doing you good? What about that grating stone, made a pretty penny of that. What of value did you give me except for this shield which was traded for my old one? Isn't it interesting, I offered almost everything I stole off the enemies but you wouldn't accept a dime and yet now you say I stole something off the party? If I did steal from the party than why didn't you mention it while they were around, didn't you want them to see your greed? I have a good memory, shall I bring up the list of the items everyone lost and gained. It seems rather fair to me bending slightly in your favour though. Take this sword off me and what then. Shove off and let me get back to my sleeping you greedy monk."

Benji sees Pretzel re-enter the hall and as he comes close Benji thinks that he is here to try to cause damage to himself. But the monk passes by and starts threatening another hero, Benji thinks to himself that maybe this is time to teach that bully a lesson.

"Pretzel!" Benji strides over. "Why are you pestering and bullying other heroes? Cut it OUT!" Benji ragefit transforms into a raptor, looking around with gleaming reptilian eyes. He sees Pretzel's cart, and quickly pushes himself in between Pretzel and the cart, staring and grinning at the Monk to indicate what better happen if he wanted the cart back in one piece.

"Greedy! Now, now, you are one to talk. You have no respect. Still I can see how one such as yourself would assume anyone who claims anything for themselves as greedy being that you have know mind of your own and are subject to the wills of another, hence all you have really belongs to them."

At the mention of their party, Pretzel shift uncomfortably. "Well, I see no need to bring them into this. I just want to ensure that the loot was divided fairly. Hence I would have taken the sword and sold it to divide the spoils between us, but you insisted on claiming it for your own. Nevertheless, I know the worth of the sword and I shall make up for it."

I plonk 250 gold on the table in front of the demon.

"This is what I would have sold the sword for and divided the money between us. Still, I find that the sword may be useful for my purposes, so I shall give you the worth in gold. If your conscience forces you to share it between our other party members, so be it. If not, well then I cannot say I have not tried to do what is right."

I turn to Benji and gasp in somewhat shock, reaching for Conspirator, but not finding it. I see it in the cart the raptor-ed Benji.

My mind goes blank for a moment, but then I chuckle.

"Ha, ha! Don't think you can pull that off on me. I have fought an actual dragon before and a furious one full of the most venomous disease. Do not think that I am afraid of you."

I reach into my cloak...

"So nur, how does magic work? I know it's a loaded question, but how do you percieve it?"

"Hm, as a lad I was fortunate enough to spend a full four months at the dwarf Lirfa Quartzcutter's Primary School of Magic. According to one of the tomes, " Nur stared straight ahead without focusing on anything as if reading the words from a recovered memory. "the textbook answer to your question is, 'Magic is the ability possessed by some individuals to manipulate the ambient energies of the world to produce desired results. Arcane magic, commonly referred to as the Art, requires study while divine magic which is referred to as the Power relies on faith in one's deity.'" Nur blinked and looked back towards the barbarian.

"The tome serves as a nice introduction for youngin's but I feel a lot of the material is outdated. For instance it mentions that only some possess the ability to manipulate ether but in my experience it seems just about everyone can learn to command magic if they're so inclined. I believe the guild library has tomes with more widely accepted concepts on the subject. As for my thoughts, I simply ask ether to do what I want and hope for the best."

"Greedy! Now, now, you are one to talk. You have no respect. Still I can see how one such as yourself would assume anyone who claims anything for themselves as greedy being that you have know mind of your own and are subject to the wills of another, hence all you have really belongs to them."

At the mention of their party, Pretzel shift uncomfortably. "Well, I see no need to bring them into this. I just want to ensure that the loot was divided fairly. Hence I would have taken the sword and sold it to divide the spoils between us, but you insisted on claiming it for your own. Nevertheless, I know the worth of the sword and I shall make up for it."

"This is what I would have sold the sword for and divided the money between us. Still, I find that the sword may be useful for my purposes, so I shall give you the worth in gold. If your conscience forces you to share it between our other party members, so be it. If not, well then I cannot say I have not tried to do what is right."

I turn to Benji and gasp in somewhat shock, reaching for Conspirator, but not finding it. I see it in the cart the raptor-ed Benji.

My mind goes blank for a moment, but then I chuckle.

"Ha, ha! Don't think you can pull that off on me. I have fought an actual dragon before and a furious one full of the most venomous disease. Do not think that I am afraid of you."

I reach into my cloak...

Benji sees Pretzel handing money over, instead of trying to rip off the other hero. Assuming that he dealt with the issue successfully, Benji turns back into a human, and hands Pretzel his cart back. Before walking off to the bar he remarks dryly "Stop trying to rip off other heroes, Pretzel, no one believes you to be righteous and your mockery doesn't help you." With that he walks off to get another drink.

Hoke wonders how in all of the world did the heroes accomplish so many deeds and save all of Eubric with such witless and temperamental fellows crowding the hall. He takes a long drink, slowly places the mug on the table with a slight thud, gets up, and leaves for some fresh air and less company.

Edited by UsernameMDM

"So does magic just manipulate the enviroment through movement, or does it create the enviroment, or both?" Johon pulls out his topaz and holds it in his hand, aiming it at the ceiling, almost wincing. "So what do I do now?"

Benji sees Pretzel handing money over, instead of trying to rip off the other hero. Assuming that he dealt with the issue successfully, Benji turns back into a human, and hands Pretzel his cart back. Before walking off to the bar he remarks dryly "Stop trying to rip off other heroes, Pretzel, no one believes you to be righteous and your mockery doesn't help you." With that he walks off to get another drink.

I smirk.

The bluff worked. He shrunk back to his human self right quick. Oh, he still has to look all big and powerful, but he fears!

Hybros wakes from a daze, dreaming of where his plans would take him next. The time for action would come soon, but for now there was nothing to do but kill time. He walked over to the Questboard and signed up for the Fields of Glory.

Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory Sign-Ups

Althior Emorith, Level 36.5 Necromancer (K-Nut)

Johon, Level 26 Raider (Bricksandparts)

Hybros, Level 27.33 Assassin (JimButcher)

Sign-Ups will close in 24 hours.

Dreyrugr notices Pretzel flinch bringing a momentary smile to his face.

"Like I said, if this was a case of fair distribution you would've bought the rest of the party along. I'm surprised that you actually were going to trade money for it in the first place. Very well have this sword."

Dreyrugr scoops up the bag of gold whilst throwing the sword over Pretzel neatly landing in his cart.

"Good day to you." Dreyrugr ends sarcastically. Dreyrugr then notices the fields of glory.

Might as well.

Dreyrugr signs up to the fields of glory with a note underneath his name.

Will leave on a whim (new quest or such), and will not attend if other heroes find this unacceptable.

Benji signs up for the Unlimited Quest.

"I'll want to be back in time for the marketplace quest. If you fellows have a problem with I'll sign out."

Dreyrugr scoops up the bag of gold whilst throwing the sword over Pretzel neatly landing in his cart.

I ignore Dreyrugr's comment, snatch up Muckraker and inspect it quickly.

Gemstones remain intact. Good sign.

As I pass the Quest Board, I notice one quest about the Fields of Glory.

May as well pass my time.

I sign up for the Fields of Glory on conditions expressed by others.

I then head out to the marketplace again, but on my way there...

"Listen up. I'm buying Grating Stones. I'm looking at you, Tesni the barbarian, and Pretzel the monk."

I look up and hand the crafty-looking barbarian my Grating Stone, awaiting payment.

I scrawl my name under the unlimited quest.

Hoke enters the Hall and sees things have calmed down a bit, save for a few heroes at the questboard.

Benji signs up for the Unlimited Quest.

"I'll want to be back in time for the marketplace quest. If you fellows have a problem with I'll sign out."

"As do I."

Hoke signs up for the Fields of Glory.

Hoke enters the Hall and sees things have calmed down a bit, save for a few heroes at the questboard.

"As do I."

Hoke signs up for the Fields of Glory.

"Aye Hoke, weren't you just in there??"

"Tis true, but signing up does not guarantee I will get in."

"That is true. However I would like to fight alongside you, and see how well that flagpole really is."

Edited by Flare

"That is true. However I would like to fight alongside you, and see how well that flagpole really is."

"I would like to test it out as well, and mayhaps enchant it a time or two." the Mystic Knight said with a grin.

En Sabah Nur signs up for the Unlimited Quest. Looking for at least 3 battles before leaving to open up artifact slot.

"So does magic just manipulate the enviroment through movement, or does it create the enviroment, or both?" Johon pulls out his topaz and holds it in his hand, aiming it at the ceiling, almost wincing. "So what do I do now?"

"Hm, point it at that knight over there carrying that flagpole and imagine a lightning bolt discharging from the gem towards your target. Say some words like, 'I have the power!'. It usually helps. Won't hurt the lad a bit." As long as he has that electro gear from the Fields equipped...