Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

IC: De'kra startles from his wonderment, to find something before him. As a mysterios red clothed orc shimmies away, the echo reaches for it shakily. It is a Kanohi, a mask of his home. "Arthur," he smiles as he grips the mask. It feels...right. Its carves in the shape of a Kanohi Mask of X-Ray Vision, though he can feel that its power is different. Casrefully he stroked the Kanohi, before mounting it upon his face.

OOC: A sidewise Aviator helmet works pretty well.

De%27kra_dreary.png

Drake looked carefully at his new Ultrascope, a telescope which he could use to see different dimensions. "This will be useful in my... research..." Drake whispered to himself before folding up the Ultrascope, putting it in his pocket and walking out the hall, not looking back.

Meanwhile, in the sky, 3 special stars lined up and glowed extra bright...

IC: De'kra suddenly realizes a message has been sent by the journal. Quickly he reads over it, concern growing. Finally he replies;

Understood. Thank you for the Kanohi by the way, it has been much too long since I have seen one. It should help get the memories flowing, in theory. I still am unsure of who I was, though I did remember that my birthday, or something like it, was the 30th of last month. I think...I think I am now twelve years old. Or at least my people's years.

I will try to inform the other heroes. Good luck, and remember when facing Wren that chaos is an extreme. While chaos is said to be unpredictable and wild, it also lacks the ties of order. Wren betrays and tortures so many, I doubt anyone will stand with her in the end, if I understand her right. Maybe even minions will turn on her. Balance is the key, not too ordered, not too chaotic. Maybe you can use this against her. Just I thought, I only have second hand experience and her.

Racing to the other heroes in the hall, De'kra clicked, "I receive message from Quest 53. It appears Wren might come here, if questing heroes understand right. Might anyone here have heard of something call Doors of Chaos?"

The doors to the hall opened as a mysterious figure passed through them. This man seemed to be made of metal and wood, and the sound of clicking gears could be heard as he stepped into the hall. He was painted a pale white color and dressed in a brown coat and black cloak, a sling of arrows hanging over his shoulder.

He strode up to the bar and addressed the person serving drinks, "I've heard the stories and legends surrounding the heroes of heroica. I'd like to think I fit the bill when it comes to hero material. I don't suppose you would know if anyone was in need of my services at the moment."

The bartender replied, "You can check the quest board downstairs, but I don't think there are any open requests at the moment."

"Very well, I'll have G&T while I wait. I understand the first drink's free."

Edited by joeshmoe554

The mighty doors of the hall swung open once more. A tall, imposing figure confidently strode through them. His blonde hair was swept back across his skull and gleamed in the sparse sunlight. A grin adorned the hero's smug face as he slammed the doors shut and continued his way into the saloon, the metal rings of his chainmail armour making a tinkling noise as he did so.

Eric the Nord had returned to Heroica Hall, haughty and self-assured as ever. The Raider seemed to have ditched his previous Eubric-bought, Southern-styled outfit in favour of a new one – different one would be a more apt way of describing it. His “new” outfit was hardly new at all and looked as if it had seen better days. The worn and tattered look of Eric’s new armour stood in stark contrast to the Nord’s own natural good looks. For a man who prides himself in a good appearance, it was a surprise to see him dressed so commonly utilitarian now. Gone were the highly detailed metal clasps, exquisite tailoring and expensive fabrics that marked his previous outfits. They had been replaced with a simple black, studded and hooded gambeson. Eric, however, found the hood impractical and let it down, so now it hung around his neck. A broad leather belt was slung across his shoulder holding Grom, his axe, on his chest, while Godricsleif hung on his back. Like most of his clothing, the belts, too, were covered with stains of mud, grime and likely blood.

Hobnailed, knee-high boots that reminded of fishermen, or more likely and worse: pirates, completed the Nord’s most recent outfit. All of this, coupled with a faint scent of saltwater the Raider brought in with him, strongly suggested an origin of dubious corsair-y or pirate-y nature to Eric’s latest gear.

Head high and chest forward, Eric arrogantly marched towards the bar, not really paying attention to any of the hall’s occupants. Once arrived, he sat down. He took the pendant that hung on his chest in the palm of his hand. It had the shape of a kraken, a mythical creature that often features in the songs of Nordic skalds, intricately crafted in metal. As soon as Scheherazade walked up to him, he let go of the token.

“I’ll have the usual”

eric_3_zpsf6fea595.jpg

Jeaux looked down the bar at the newcomer who had just strolled in. His clothes were simple and cheap, unlike the rest of him. The sword he carried in his hand and the axe clasped to his body both looked sharp and well made. This was a warrior Jeaux thought, a man who cared more about his fighting ability than his outward appearance. He could see from the way others in the hall interacted with the raider that he was not new to Heroica, but had likely been away for some time.

Jeaux knew it was beneficial to have connections, and since he was new in town that was something he lacked at the moment. He gave a slight wave to the stranger saying, "My name's Jeaux, I just got into town a short while ago."

Edited by joeshmoe554

Eric turned around to see who was addressing him. Some newcomer, a rookie who had yet to find out that Eric the Viking was rather picky in choosing those he talked with. Either the collocutor had to have proven himself in combat, had to be of Nordic stock (or any other warrior folk) or had to have something of value the Norse Raider could proft from. From the the looks of it, this one had none of these qualities. What upset Eric even more, was the fact that the "man" in question was not a "Man" at all, rather he was an automaton, a concoction of wood, gears and magic. He had seen similar fabrications before, when he was under the employ of the Bonaparte family to track down the pirate Jolly Roger.

The cocky smile on his face made room for a more sinister expression. Eric loathed the automatons. To him, they represented the sad state of current affairs in the world. People of all races were becoming cowards, too afraid to pick up a blade and defend their own honour. Instead, they turned to soulless fabrications such as this one to do the fighting for them. Worse yet, these things were not even fueled by a passion for battle, a religious duty or physical strength, instead they lived their sorry life powered by ether. Magic, the weapon of the weak.

"Talking furniture, who would've guessed? What do you want?", Eric grinned, visibly amused by his jab at the newcomer.

IC: De'kra spotted an automaton entering the room. "Greetings," he clicked, "It has been some time since other heroes were at hall, most are on quests. What bring you here?"

A small dark shadow appeared on the automaton's face. It moved across the smooth white wood like ink running over a canvas before resolving itself into the shape of a question mark. Jeaux was slightly confused by what the man said. The question mark dissappated as Jeaux shrugged off the comment assuming it must simply be an expression he was unfamiliar with. The wizard whom up until recently had been his traveling companion had used many similar expressions, equally odd in their meaning. A couple that stood out his memory were "Leapin Lizards" and "I'll be a monkey's uncle".

The tone in the raider's voice was clear, he obviously had a distaste for strangers and was not likely to warm up to Jeaux any time soon. Though what could one expect from a raider, they made their living by stealing from the honest. Not exactly a friendly bunch.

"Just trying to make some light conversation friend, but if you'd rather drink alone then don't let me stop you."

Jeaux heard a clicking sound that resembled speech from off to his right. He turned to see a short shadowy figure wearing a cape and an oddly shaped helmet on his head. Jeaux had never seen an individual like this before, or least he was pretty sure he hadn't. Though if this were one of the many heroes of these hallowed halls, then he definitely deserved Jeaux's respect.

"Good to see not everyone here is quite so combative. I'm a man with many questions in search of some answers. The adventures had here are known throughout the land and my hope is those adventures may help reveal some of my past."

Edited by joeshmoe554

Hoptet staired in wonder at the latest hero of Heroica, but couldn't quite work out what it was. A species from a far off land? The workings on an eccentric Eurbician? A prophet of an rising demigod? Tentatively, Hoptet approached it.

"Who... made you?"

The shadow appeared on Jeaux's face again, this time forming into a simple mask with a rather large smile. Jeaux laughed at the question, before responding,

"My mommy and daddy did. I could go into more details, but I'm not sure that would be an appropriate conversation for this venue." :laugh:

"[He has parents? SO, he isn't a mechanical being. Makes things easier, though he's definitely a new one on me... Eubric really confonds me sometimes...]"

Shaking off his confusion, Hoptet extended his arm.

"Hello, I Hoptet."

Jeaux looked at the large metasimian. He had seen a few intimidating characters since entering the city, this was after all a port that seemed to draw all sorts, but this person was quite possibly the largest he had laid eyes on yet. While his outward appearance was alarming his behavior and the look on his face seemed to reflect a kindness that matched his size.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Hoptet, My name is Jeaux. I've only recently arrived in Eubric, and am still learning my way around."

IC: De'kra nodded, "I past lost to me for time, but it come back. I still not know my real name though. I remember I people though, you remind me little of them. They were made of gears and flesh, woven into bodies of living metal. Though they not...have children, new Matoran had to be made."

De'kra paused, and clicked, "you not hear of someone name Wren, or Doors of Chaos, have you?"

OOC: I might make a new NPC, maybe.

Jeaux thought on the shade's words. Here was someone who might better understand him, who might be able to help him retrieve his identity. The shade had mentioned something about beings comprised metal and flesh that confused him. He wasn't quite sure what parallels the hero could see between them and himself, but he dismissed the thought quickly as the meaning must have been lost in translation.

"Fortunately my name is one of the things I do remember. I have some memories of my past but they are... fuzzy, almost broken in a sense. I remember my parents voices but not their names or faces. I remember growing up in the forest, but I cannot remember which one. The earliest clear memory I have is waking up on the side of a road about a year ago. I had been severely injured and an old, odd Wizard managed to save my life. I traveled with him until I was healthy enough to venture out on my own and seek some of the answers to who I once was."

"As for the individual named Wren, I've spent some time in the Eubric library trying to improve my knowledge of this world in the hopes of adding some clarity to my memories, and I remember reading a bit about her kidnapping heroes and pitting them against each other for sport, but that is all I know. I am afraid to say I have neither read nor heard anything about the doors of chaos."

IC: De'kra nodded and clicked, "Similar story to I, though I woke up on shore of Uland. Now...there is hero who has lot of knowledge, about many things. He can be dangerous, but I find him to be good person at heart, if intense. Perhaps he would know something about you origins? He know some of mine, and I not from this world. Something to consider at any rate."

Continuing he added awkwardly, "As for Wren, she has...been a poison on Olegaia for long time now. She plans to steal power of god, and become god herself. Currently some heroes confront her, and doors are said to be part of her plan. I worry about that group...some of them have met her before. And at least a few have been change by their encounter."

"Hail! I am Sir Brickington and I decided to join. I am at the service to anyone who needs it."

8413447785_7f6f6ba3b0_t.jpg

Sir Brickington (Brickington)

19 year old human male knight

Level 1

Power: 4 (Level 1 + WP: 3)

Defense: 2 (SP: 2)

Health: 10/10

Gold: 10

Equipment: Great Sword (WP: 3) and Triangle Shield (SP: 2)

Inventory: Potion

This may sound dumb, but what do I do now?

Edited by Brickington

Eric didn't really feel like engaging in further conversation with the automaton and continued drinking his beer. He couldn't help himself hearing bits of the conversation the automaton was having with another hero, though. The other hero was Tothwick, one of the many apemen roaming Eubric city, he reminded Eric of Tothwick, but it wasn't him. Turns out the apeman found some company, seeing as he was trailed by another specimen of his kind.

"My mommy and daddy did. I could go into more details, but I'm not sure that would be an appropriate conversation for this venue." :laugh:

The Nord was just drinking his beer as the automaton finished his sentence. Eric nearly choked on his ale and coughed, surprised by the words of the wooden thing. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and rolled his eyes. He softly shook his head and gave Jeaux a condescending look. Did the wooden automaton really believe that? Did he actually think he was put on Olegard by a loving father and mother, like a real Human being? He had to be kidding. What nerve to view himself as an equal of true living Beings. Eric's blood was boiling, but kept he his cool. It wasn't worth the hassle to get into a discussion over this. Inside, the viking Raider just knew he was right and didn't need the opinion of others on the subject to verify that. His opinion was the only right one on the matter.

Annoyed over the spilled beer, Eric ordered a fresh pint. As he started drinking, his mind wandered off, perhaps deliberately so he didn't have to listen to any of the things the monkey-men and the walking tree were saying. It didn't really work as he was soon pulled to the ongoing conversation once more.

"As for the individual named Wren, I've spent some time in the Eubric library trying to improve my knowledge of this world in the hopes of adding some clarity to my memories, and I remember reading a bit about her kidnapping heroes and pitting them against each other for sport, but that is all I know. I am afraid to say I have neither read nor heard anything about the doors of chaos."

Wren. Eric remembered the witch, well, even though it was about a year since they had met. Eric had been one of the heroes fighting in the Arena. Tothwick, the apeman, was his opponent. Eric eyed the apeman standing nearby and smirked. The fight had been good and the Nord had been able to claim victory. Eric turned his gaze back to his glass of beer and drank what was left. Raising his hand and signalling the Orc, he ordered another one.

Edited by Khorne

Sir Brickington walks in extremely bored. He sits at the bar, but does not take a drink.

"I am so bored! Are there any new quests coming?"

Jeaux heard the new arrival exclaim in a weary voice that he was in desperate need of some entertainment. The hall had seemed rather quiet since Jeaux had arrived, and there did seem to be little need of heroes at the moment. Thinking about the current situation Jeaux surmised that was probably a good thing, as the work of Heroica spawned from the problems in the world, and a lack of work would seem to indicate a lack of problems, or that the problems in the world were already in the capable hands of the heroes that normally populated the hall. He was confident someone would be in need of the hall's services before too long as peace was often short lived.

"Hello Sir Knight, my name is Jeaux. It is good to see another fresh face here, I was beginning to think I might be the only one. What brings you to Heroica?"

"Hello Sir Knight, my name is Jeaux. It is good to see another fresh face here, I was beginning to think I might be the only one. What brings you to Heroica?"

Sir Brickington was very surprised! Yet happy someone wanted to talk to him.

"I come to Heroica for adventure! For surprises! To help people in need of my services. To not let my swordsmanship skills go to waste, what brought you to Heroica?"

Edited by Brickington

"I came in search of answers for the questions that plague my past. Who I am and who I was."

Jeaux stared into the distance for a moment, before taking a sip of the drink before him. As the liquid neared the smooth wooden surface of his face a circle appeared, black as a overcast night. When the beverage came into contact with that ebony mark it seemed to vanish into nothingness. He set down the drink and looked back to the knight.

"I look forward to working alongside you in the future, perhaps we will find some of the adventure that you seek."

"Hopefully we will find that Adventure."

He looked around the room of people and gave a message to everyone.

"If anyone is looking to do a quest, I'm in!"

A brightly-clad figure in green and white strides into the Hall, bow strung on his back, white cloak giving him an oddly majestic look that contrasted his somewhat rugged visage. He looks around, obviously in search of someone. He is soon distracted by the Hall itself, inspecting it. He nods to himself, obviously impressed, before resuming his search.