Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"A Tricorne, you say? How much were you selling it for?"

"Hmmm... I'm not sure. I was really waiting to go on the neverending quest but I suppose that I can accompany you... if I knew which quest you are talking about :tongue:"

"And you wanted my tricorne?"

Skrall commented from the Arena as he waved his greatsword in a figure eight fashion back and forth, "Yes I believe I remember hearin' somethin' like 92 and a 1/2 gold? Why don't we round her to 93 and call it a deal?"

She was wandering around that Great Hall after noone was willing to help her. She was depressed. She noticed all that hesitation for those "quests". So she walked to that board where a lot of sheets were hanging. She read through all those anouncements when suddenly she saw it. What did the elf say?

"The only dwarf just arrived is Stigveladi Kötturin, but I think will not be very willing to discuss, at least not with an elf. Also there is no need to have all this haste."

Stigveladi Kötturin, that was the name. It was written under the "Quest #54". Not really knowing what she does, Nessa signs up for Quest #54, hoping to be choosen and finally find the thievish dwarf who stole her precious. Whenn all the memories came back she nearly lost her mind. All the things she had to go through. She nearly had no strength left for these kind of discussions. The memories returned. And it hurt. Painful she closed her eyes.

Edited by herrJJ

After studying the rest of the hall, Nessa decides to search for the dwarf elsewhere. Good, she thought by herself, nobody seems to notice.

Skrall commented from the Arena as he waved his greatsword in a figure eight fashion back and forth, "Yes I believe I remember hearin' somethin' like 92 and a 1/2 gold? Why don't we round her to 93 and call it a deal?"

"Deal!"

Benji tosses the tricorne to Skrall and takes the 93 gold.

Edited by Flare

Arthur sighs. "Now I remember why even the Ancients were hesitant to embrace time travel." Arthur drops off 130 gold to Alexander Vagrant (again) in exchange for the Spider Leg, and mumbles something indistinct to De'kra about avoiding the Library.

"Thank you again for the gold" says Alexander again.

OOC: Excuse me for yesterday, but when I was posting my internet connection falled :sad:

Gripping his Sabre to once again attack Skrall from the front row, Thothwick franticly listened into the conversation the Ogre and his friends were having. He recognised Mr. Carvenhall, allbeit after doing a double take to see through his change attire. The Sorcerer looked familiar, and Thothwick vaguely recalled him from Dastan. The third was the Pirate. Maybe, if in such company, he was infact not a Witch?

"I beg your pardon, but did you say Wren schemes to bridge the gap betwixt a mortal and immortal life, so that she may join the ranks of the divinities? I'm flabbergasted!"

Skrall noted the Tricorne fall to one side of the Arena, he quickly cut loose a small purse of 93 Gold from his side and tossed it up to the watching Benji.

"It would seem that way."

"Yes, and it seems she has all the elements she needs for her plan. I wonder what poor soul she has kidnapped to replace Ella..."

"Oh, great. The Watch. Here's hoping Vaygas hasn't set them against me..." Then again, would he really want to draw attention to himself like that? Especially with Caroline here... "Speaking of what you've heard, what have Felton, Hans, and Sir Poletad been up to since we left them in Ennon?"

DSCN0003.jpg

"I don't keep tabs on most people, but Felton has sent word of their locations, in case anyone needed to be in contact with them. They actually split up for a short while. Felton and Hans went to their respective home towns in the High Kingdoms, to, you know... well, it ain't a pretty thing to say, but I think they were saying good bye to their families and friends. They don't know if they're going to survive or not. Felton was some high ranking fellow in his village when he was taken to the Arena, and I hear Hans has got a ma that he needed to leave some gold with. They reconvened and set out towards Haddon, from the sound of it. Apparently Felton doesn't like entering the town, so he stayed out on the outskirts while Hans went to grab McColt. Last I heard Felton had convinced some fisher to give them a ride this way. He's a smart fellow. I could use him, if he lives and all."

"Poletad hopped his way to the Convent of the Sacred Frog, this place where the Frog Paladins live, from what I could tell. Apparently most humans don't know where it is. He wanted to meet with Pylon to get his blessing, you know for, similar reasons. May be dead sooner rather than later and all that. Felton told the fisherman to swing on by and grab him too. And then, of course, we've got that quest notice."

DSCN0003.jpg

"Hey hey hey. We start with names, mister. Mine's Johnny Everyman, who are you?"

"As for this Vipera fellow, can't say I've heard of him. What is he, some Emperor across the sea or something? Listen, you want to know which Bloodpaw was killed last week and how much gold he had in his house before a certain dashing young man came along and took it, because you know he wouldn't be using it anyway so why not wet your whistle, you come to me. Anything out of Eubric, you'll have to grab yourself another source. Though that being said, you want to hire someone to track down this Vipera, I can set you up with a connection, though I'll of course take a small finder's fee. You understand."

OoC: Johnny doesn't know Vipera, but she has shown up since you freed her, and talked about you quite a bit. If you haven't yet, go read Quest 30!

Arthur spots Thormanil asleep in a darkened corner of the Hall. Slipping away from the Arena for a moment, he utilizes his Rogue skills to sneak up beside him and silently drop off a bag of 76 Gold for the Raider.

Returning to the Arena just in time to hear Hoke's mention of Vipera, Arthur adds, "Yes, Vipera was an invaluable ally to all of us in Dastan. Of the Dragons, she was the only one willing to go up against the Chimaera, and the only one interested in contact with non-Dragon races. It was her connection to the spirit pools that allowed us to coordinate our actions in the Battle of Drakencourt, and her arguments that finally convinced the Dragons to re-enter the world to protect Dastan once more. Had you not rescued her back in Haddon, the entire Empire would have fallen, Emperor Phil would be dead, and Princess Ella Septrine would be the victim of Wren's plot. In a way, you single-handedly saved a couple dozen Heroes, countless Dastanian lives, and an entire Empire with one single action, Sir Ablesword. It is curious that we suffer so much turmoil and misfortune--or avoid such--at the whims of such seemingly small deeds. That is the Chaos of the universe at work, I suppose; in such things the Lady draws her power." Arthur notices a few stares aimed at him; this had been the longest conversation he'd had since returning to the Hall, and only a few of the Heroes present were familiar with his customary long-windedness. He extends a hand, gloved but still wrapped in the same strip of tattered gauze Hans and Sir Poletad had granted him in Dastan, to the Mystic Knight. "Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Sorcerer of Heroica. I'm a friend of Hans, Felton, Sir Poletad, and the other Wren hunters. From my studies and my experiences, both in my homeland and in Ennon with Captain McColt and the rest of the party, I'm something of an expert on Wren and Chaos."

DSCN0003.jpg

"Hey hey hey. We start with names, mister. Mine's Johnny Everyman, who are you?"

"As for this Vipera fellow, can't say I've heard of him. What is he, some Emperor across the sea or something? Listen, you want to know which Bloodpaw was killed last week and how much gold he had in his house before a certain dashing young man came along and took it, because you know he wouldn't be using it anyway so why not wet your whistle, you come to me. Anything out of Eubric, you'll have to grab yourself another source. Though that being said, you want to hire someone to track down this Vipera, I can set you up with a connection, though I'll of course take a small finder's fee. You understand."

"My sincerest apologizes. I let my excitement get the best of me. You uttered names of old comrades from what seems ages gone by. I am Hoke Ablesword. As for your offer of assistance, I will have to decline for now."

Hoke sat back down wondering where Vipera could be, and if her land and family had been restored.

Sign-ups for Quest 54: Taking Out the Laundry

Ellira Arbour (Sandy)

William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

Talion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Stigveladi Kötturin (Psykater)

Alexander Vandangrant (Wedge09)

Nessa Anárion (herrJJ)

QM Note: Note sign-ups end today.

"Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Sorcerer of Heroica. I'm a friend of Hans, Felton, Sir Poletad, and the other Wren hunters. From my studies and my experiences, both in my homeland and in Ennon with Captain McColt and the rest of the party, I'm something of an expert on Wren and Chaos."

"It is in those small acts that we build our lives. I hope my life is built on helping those that I can. Vipera is yet just another example of what can happen when you reach out to those in need to make a difference."

Hoke stands to his feet and takes Arthur's outstretched hand.

"Hoke Ablesword my good sir."

A messenger in black robes appears in the entryway of Heroica Hall. After surveying the list of names on the sign-up sheet for Quest 54 he calls out.

"Could I please have a Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher), Ms. Elliara Arbour (Sandy), and Mr. William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik) report to the Cathedral of Commerce within one day's time. Thank you."

With that the messenger proceeded back outside heading towards the cathedral.

Ellaria heard she was going on another quest with Sir Boomingham, and this time she felt glad about it. As despicable as his manners were, the old paladin somehow made her feel safe. She had seen how far he was willing to go to protect his companions, and that was something she admired greatly. Ellaria was determined to push her problems aside for this quest and do her best, to show Boomingham she was a worthy companion.

Some months ago she would have rather jumped off the ship they were sailing on rather than do that, but things had changed since then. Drastically.

Barty zips around high up in the air as Boomingham makes his way down the streets of Eubric, having finished up his instructions to Sevrus. The little angel pops his head into the Hall and reports to Boomingham that he has been selected for another quest.

"Cathedral of Commerce. Sounds like a good time. Perhaps a little gold changing before we go there. Care to stop by the market, you little pest?"

"There are things in life worth more than gold."

"Yeah yeah. I'm working on it. You keep trying to learn too." Boomingham exits the hall and makes his way towards the market. On the way he hears the clatter of weapons and pokes his head in the arena. Skrall and Thothwick are locked in combat. Boomingham gives an encourging wink to Thothwick before glancing around. Hespots the young mage, Arthur, his pockets filled with gold, standing next to Hoke and a roguish man Boomingham doesn't recognize. Boomingham grins and saunters over. "Hello, boy-o. Long time no see. I've got a favor to ask you, if you don't mind. Seems I'm headed off to another quest, and I'm dangerously low on gold. I need to be able to provide for my party... so, how's about you help an old war buddy out. I can maybe do something in return... perhaps loan you this scroll of mine for 200 gold, and then when I get the money I'll buy it back off of you? The monocle could go on loan too, though can't say I see you wanting it what with your two perfectly good eyes and those lens you've got on them already."

Edited by Zepher

"Ah, I'd not part you with that Monocle, I know from experience the value of a good lens...and much as I'd like to get ahold of that Scroll, my Gold's got a future home in a fair stock of Smelling Salts and Nostrum, and a Grand Tonic for good measure. Tell you what, I figure I've got enough Gold that I can spare 79 to loan to you, no security needed--just keep an eye out for me in the future, maybe put in a good word with the gods or something. If you sell that simple Shadeaux Shield you've got there, you'll already be more than halfway to your goal." Arthur rubs his eyes tiredly. "I'd really like to offer you more, I really would, but I'm just now in the spot where I can afford some of these drinks, and I don't want to miss out."

Noticing a bit of fabric sticking out of Boomingham's back, he adds, "Say, why aren't you wearing that Dress Uniform? It'd look good on you, and you don't appear overburdened with Artifacts or anything at the moment..."

"Well, I'm trying to improve my wardrobe over-all, and I think I've got my eye on something that will replace it quite nicely. Thank you, Arthur. I'll certainly keep you in my prayers."

"As if you have any."

"Now, now, don't embarrass me in front of my friends. Hoke, best of luck out there. I hope your blade isn't too rusty from your rest. And you, what was your name?"

DSCN0003.jpg

"Johnny Everyman, don't you know? And you?"

BoominghamMock2.jpg

"Lord Lawrence Boomingham of the Lost Kingdom. Well, best of luck to you too, Johnny. Keep an eye on these magic users. Hope you enjoy Heroica."

Boomingham pats Arthur on the back and sets out towards the market.

DSCN0003.jpg

"Boomingham? What a strange name! Ha!" Johnny chortles after Boomingham's left. "He could use a work out, I'll tell you that! Am I right, or am I right? Ha!"

Edited by Zepher

Amma comes back in the Hall after her little excursion to the Library. She goes to the quest board and notices that she is not selected to help Mercutio's priest. Not the worst thing, I guess, after what I read about him.

She notices that there is another quest announced as well. Well, let's try again, she thinks, signing up for Quest 55.

She looks around if she can see Ellaria somewhere, but she seems to be gone yet. With a small sigh she strolls to the fireplace again and slumps into a free chair. A bit resting will do good now.

Current Sign ups for Sang Des Hommes:

Dreygur (played by Vash the Stampede)

Stigveladi Kötturin "Amma", (played by Psykater)

Thailon Dwinlex (played by –obelix-)

"Now, now, don't embarrass me in front of my friends. Hoke, best of luck out there. I hope your blade isn't too rusty from your rest. And you, what was your name?"

"Best of journeys to you my friend!"

Alexander approaces to the Quest Board after shopping in the Marketplace and having rested in the Hall and when he sees he was rejected for Quest 54, he is a bit disappointed but when he sees a new quest: "All isn't lost, there is another Quest. I'm tired of waiting in the Hall and I'd like a few more action." After this he sign-up for Quest 55: Sang des Hommes, hoping to be accepted.