Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Perhaps we should, but the arena's full enough already, don't'cha think?"

"Deal."

Atramor nods sharply and orders another rum.

Alexis watches as some mage, who she thinks is Arthur, wacks Dre'ka with a spell.

"Hey that wasn't very nice! Come over here and Althior will tell you that's not what you do." At this point she leans over and kisses Althior on the cheek, and wishes him good luck! "If Althior won't teach you any manners, I suppose a few rounds in the arena with me wouldn't hurt."

"Don't worry, it's just a bit of am exhibition, nothing too serious. I see De'kra is alright, so there's no harm done. Plus I actually like this guy. He's not some rogue who will stab you in the back while you're not looking," :look:

"You got it Atramor."

"Don't worry, it's just a bit of am exhibition, nothing too serious. I see De'kra is alright, so there's no harm done. Plus I actually like this guy. He's not some rogue who will stab you in the back while you're not looking," :look:

"Who Arthur? Or Dre'ka?"

"Hey, I only ever stabbed someone when they irritated me....and it was only to distract 'em while I took their coin."

"Hey, I only ever stabbed someone when they irritated me....and it was only to distract 'em while I took their coin."

"Thanks, that makes me feel so much safer being in the same room with you," :hmpf::laugh:

"Who Arthur? Or Dre'ka?"

"Arthur, De'kra kinda freaks me out sometimes. :look:"

"That is the part I don't like about Rogues, always thinking about money."

"Arthur, De'kra kinda freaks me out sometimes. :look:"

"Oh, I haven't met him yet. I know you've mentioned him though."

"Yeah, but you're an elf. Not everyone can just live off what'cha can conjure out of a tree. Most of the time thievin's how I got by. But, well, bein' a Witch, there are more...what'd the guy say... intricacies, yeah, than just stealin' from enemies. For example, makin' 'em bash their own head against a wall."

"I don't have anything wrong with taking something off of a body, but stealing seems wrong. But I do see why other people might need to."

Noticing his fellow barbarian, Helm slowly walks toward him and then nods a greeting.

Xander noticed Helm walking towards him, extending his hand and a warm greeting. He rose slightly to accept the firm handshake, then began to speak in an even tone:

"You did well in the battle at the fort; although you joined our party late, you provided tremendous support. If there is anything that troubles you in the art of becoming a barbarian, do not hesitate to ask." Xander talked with the wisdom of many battles and travels, and he silently noted that Helm would be a welcome addition in any future quest.

Arthurs snorts as he glides away from the Arena on his ice ramp; two other Heroes had jumped in with a challenge of their own and propmtly gone to sleep. :hmpf_bad: (OOC: :tongue: ) He slid moodily up to the bar, wondering when the Curse of the Emerald was going to end.

Arthurs snorts as he glides away from the Arena on his ice ramp; two other Heroes had jumped in with a challenge of their own and propmtly gone to sleep. :hmpf_bad: (OOC: :tongue: ) He slid moodily up to the bar, wondering when the Curse of the Emerald was going to end.

"Arthur, you okay? You've seemed a bit moody ever since we got back to Eubric,"

Not always. There's some of us who's thoughts dwell on... other matters.

I add nothing more to my cryptic coment from the table beside the group.

Skrall glanced up, he must have been dozing when Cronk stepped out. He noted Dyric's presence near by and motioned him to take a seat next to him. "Evenin' Rone, how have ya been as of late? Signed up for any new classes have ya?"

Dak, eavesdropping from the shadows, suddenly speaks, rather quietly. "Some of us do take offense at that, you know. Nothing against you personally, but that is the general misconception about rogueish people in general. I see it more as looking out for myself, personally. You spiritually-oriented people get so boring sometimes, it's all 'Ennoc this' and 'Random God that'. Boring. To me, a fight's a fight and a person's a person. Ain't no higher powers in the world, and if there are, they don't give a damn about all of us. What do they care who lives or dies? We gotta look out for ourselves, and that's it. Nothing changes. We can't do anything like that." Dak took another large gulp of his drink. He'd taken up drinking a bit more than he had wanted to after his last Quest, and he wondered if that was a good thing.

Not always. There's some of us who's thoughts dwell on... other matters.

I add nothing more to my cryptic coment from the table beside the group.

Noticing another Rogue, Dak's hand raises in greeting, then falls quickly. Compassion is weakness, he reminded himself. Never show weakness.

Skrall glanced up, he must have been dozing when Cronk stepped out. He noted Dyric's presence near by and motioned him to take a seat next to him. "Evenin' Rone, how have ya been as of late? Signed up for any new classes have ya?"

Su'cuy, Skrall, old friend!

No, as I haven't signed up for any Quests, either. I've largely recovered from the horros of the Battle with Wren, but there's still something holding me back. I can't place it. And what have you been up to?

Dak, eavesdropping from the shadows, suddenly speaks, rather quietly. "Some of us do take offense at that, you know. Nothing against you personally, but that is the general misconception about rogueish people in general. I see it more as looking out for myself, personally. You spiritually-oriented people get so boring sometimes, it's all 'Ennoc this' and 'Random God that'. Boring. To me, a fight's a fight and a person's a person. Ain't no higher powers in the world, and if there are, they don't give a damn about all of us. What do they care who lives or dies? We gotta look out for ourselves, and that's it. Nothing changes. We can't do anything like that." Dak took another large gulp of his drink. He'd taken up drinking a bit more than he had wanted to after his last Quest, and he wondered if that was a good thing.

"Hear hear! The gods, if they even exist, have little concern for the mortal realm. There's only one thing with which I disagree: we ought not to look out only for ouselves, but for those around us as well, lest we find ourselves Heroes and leaders of a barren, empty world."

Arthur slides up to the bar and extends a hand to Dak. "Arthur Justus Regulus, the Seventh, Mage of Heroica. And you are...?"

Su'cuy, Skrall, old friend!

No, as I haven't signed up for any Quests, either. I've largely recovered from the horros of the Battle with Wren, but there's still something holding me back. I can't place it. And what have you been up to?

"Well I tried a shot at trackin' down Wren, now that I'm a hunter, but to no avail, it was like trackin' a falcon on a clouded sky. Got back and had a little archery tournament with Bartholomew Docken the one-eyed warden in the arena, set off to try my hand at trackin' Wren again but had to turn back due to some unsavory visitors at the gate. Finally, I just acquired this here new crossbow from the Paladin Cronk." Skrall removed the crossbow from his back and set it upon the table. "Isn't she a beaut' 10x stronger then my pea shooter I had before, but she does have a nasty habit of knockin' people out of reach after a shot."

Drake noticed someone asking everyone if they wanted a drinking contest. Drake casually walked up the stairs as a few people watched in confusion, and he stepped onto the rails and shouted "I want to have a drinking contest!" pretty loudly. Then he stepped into the saloon, ordered a large keg of beer and sat down at a table.

Mizuki replies "bring it on," and orders another keg of beer just like Drake ordered.

Mizuki replies "bring it on," and orders another keg of beer just like Drake ordered.

Erik crosses over to Drake and Mizuki. "Mind if I join in the drinking contest? How does this work, do we just drink until we pass out, or are there some rules?

I heard about an old drinking game they used to play here from Scheherazade (OOC: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58807&st=150&p=1050208entry1050208 )

Then he turns to Drake: "Sorry I missed your challenge in the arena. I was around, just not doing much except eavesdropping on peoples conversations."

Then he crosses to the bar, grabs a large bottle of strong absinthe and a lot of water, returns to the table, drinks the water, removes his brain in preparation for the absinthe and slowly begins to sip from the absinthe.

OOC: We dont really need a judge, because we can just go back and check the posts.

I edited this bit in in response to post #3922, because I didn't want to add a reply that was all ooc.

Edited by Myrddyn

Erik crosses over to Drake and Mizuki. "Mind if I join in the drinking contest? How does this work, do we just drink until we pass out, or are there some rules?

I heard about an old drinking game they used to play here from Scheherazade (OOC: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58807&st=150&p=1050208entry1050208 )

Then he turns to Drake: "Sorry I missed your challenge in the arena. I was around, just not doing much except eavesdropping on peoples conversations."

Then he crosses to the bar, grabs a large bottle of strong absinthe and a lot of water, returns to the table, drinks the water, removes his brain in preparation for the absinthe and slowly begins to sip from the absinthe.

"Yes, that's how we will play, whoever can get the most drinks by 20th April 12AM EST wins." said Mizuki before taking a swig of beer. After she drunk a full mug, Mizuki says "We need a judge to prove who wins." Mizuki then yells across the room "Does anyone want to judge the drinking contest."

Edited by zakura

"I have never mentioned gods at all, in fact I'd never heard of them until I came here. The people here have all of the gods, not the elves."

"Yes, that's how we will play, whoever can get the most drinks by 20th April 12AM EST wins." said Mizuki before taking a swig of beer. After she drunk a full mug, Mizuki says "We need a judge to prove who wins." Mizuki then yells across the room "Does anyone want to judge the drinking contest."

Drake suddenly took a large swig from his massive keg, and let out a loud burp. "I agree. We do need a judge." Drake said with a serious face. As the woman next to him yelled, Drake waited with patience and when she was done, he shouted "WHAT SHE SAID!".

"Hear hear! The gods, if they even exist, have little concern for the mortal realm. There's only one thing with which I disagree: we ought not to look out only for ouselves, but for those around us as well, lest we find ourselves Heroes and leaders of a barren, empty world."

Arthur slides up to the bar and extends a hand to Dak. "Arthur Justus Regulus, the Seventh, Mage of Heroica. And you are...?"

Dak takes the hand rather tentatively, and speaks slowly, in reluctant tones. "Dak Shadeaux. Pleasure, I'm sure."

"I have never mentioned gods at all, in fact I'd never heard of them until I came here. The people here have all of the gods, not the elves."

"That might be so, but it would seem everyone in this hall worships one god or another. Mages, Clerics, Rogues, Rangers, Knights....all of them. Not sure if that's just the people I've met or not, but it seems like everyone thinks that someone else in the sky is controlling their life. Your clan might not have worshipped gods, but from the stories my mother told me, her clan did. Forest elves, they were."