Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

As Atramor come over to Althior, Alexis sees that he has much more hair than when she saw him last.

"Good to see you again Atramor, I quite like your new outfit. Does it go with your new training?"

Atramor glanced sideways at Alexis, and nodded.

"Aye. Might be a Witch now, but robes 'n pointy hats don't suit me. I reckon I look like one enough, but I can't help but miss my old armor. 'Least I've got this cloak," he adds, with a shrug. "I don't intend to be doin' much healin', but I guess it couldn't hurt in a scrape."

"Lemme see that staff..."

"Here you go, and I'll take that." He caught the pouch. Althior wasn't sure if he should give the staff to the hippy-like rogue, but he had gotten 50 gold from it, so he was happy.

After sleeping rather uncomfortably in the corner (for some reason a guard had woke him up in the middle of the night asking him if he was a homeless bum, he had left after Helm drew his sword), Helm gets up and stretches. Wondering why passersby are giving him strange looks for shaving with his sword, he ran up the stairs to the saloon and orders his morning ale.

Atramor held up the staff to the torchlight, Emerald embedded in the top glittering. He wondered vaguely how he would use it. Just...hit his enemies with the thing and hope it hurt?

"Thanks, mate."

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Arasmyth walks over to Althior, whom he has now been on two Quests with. The elder mage - or was it Sage, now? - had just completed a transaction with a shady looking character with dreadlocks and very Draidan garb. "Who's the hippy?" he mutters out of the corner of his mouth, eying the other man warily as he observes the staff he had purchased.

McCafferey looks up from a half-eaten cob of corn laid out on the table for her, for an interested look at Arasmyth. Atramor merely blinks at the elf, also looking up, though his eyes have been fixated on the staff.

"What are you looking at?" he snaps.

Drake then glanced at an unusual looking man with a bird by his side. He stared with confusion and didn't notice anything else around him because he was too interested.

"And who in blue blazes are you my good man? I would also like to point out that you look ridiculous."

After a long night of sleep, the best he's had in a long while, Althior sees Haldor was still there.

"Haldor! I've been doing fine, finally beat those elves after what seemed like 90 pages many months. Alexis and I signed up for the same quest, thank god we're not being separated so soon. I also have picked up the power of healing as well. The powers of a Sage are nice. Healing and Magic are not to be messed with. Alexis is fine, she's picked up a few more animal companions since I last saw her. I thought I heard something bad happened to Jess, but it's good to hear that she's fine. Now tell me, what was this quest you went on dealing with, what was her name? Wren I believe?"

"There was a war, a rebellion. The rebels were nasty, the witch tricked us into thhinking they were the good ones. A friend was replaced with a doppleganger who decieved us. In time we realised the truth and it was not too late. We defeated the bad rebels and slayed Wren's beasts, but she fled. I learnt much over there."

"There was a war, a rebellion. The rebels were nasty, the witch tricked us into thhinking they were the good ones. A friend was replaced with a doppleganger who decieved us. In time we realised the truth and it was not too late. We defeated the bad rebels and slayed Wren's beasts, but she fled. I learnt much over there."

"Sounds bad, and worse that the witch runs free. The fort was fine. We had to protect from elves, create siege engines to take them out, Finnegan made me drink dragons blood (not fun!), and I myself defeated two of their three great elven lords. I heard that afterwards they signed a peace treaty. Glad to hear that the ordeal is over now."

Atramor chuckles at Althior, and waves his hand at Quest 31.

"Aye, and what a fantastic job you've done of calmin' things down."

It irritated him somewhat that this was the second witch heroes had had to do battle with, directly or not. Of course, not all were bad, as Elphaba demonstrated. Still, it gave him a rather unpleasant feeling.

"Just a group of mutineers. They'll be sorted out shortly. And we did a far better job than some sort of - what are you supposed to be, anyway? Pirate? Shaman? Witch doctor?"

Atramor glanced sideways at Alexis, and nodded.

"Aye. Might be a Witch now, but robes 'n pointy hats don't suit me. I reckon I look like one enough, but I can't help but miss my old armor. 'Least I've got this cloak," he adds, with a shrug. "I don't intend to be doin' much healin', but I guess it couldn't hurt in a scrape."

"I agree with you. Never been much for hats myself. I prefer to have my hair showing. I don't know much about healing, though I'm sure Ellaria could fix that. McCafferey, how are you doing?"

"I agree with you. Never been much for hats myself. I prefer to have my hair showing. I don't know much about healing, though I'm sure Ellaria could fix that. McCafferey, how are you doing?"

"Watch out! She'll bite your finger off when you're not looking!" :look:

Atramor glanced with worry at his companion as her awaited her response. To his extreme surprise, she actually did so, polished voice resounding in Alexis' head.

"I fare well, young evoker. How is the phoenix?"

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

"See? Told you I wasn't crazy..." :hmpf_bad:

Atramor glanced with worry at his companion as her awaited her response. To his extreme surprise, she actually did so, polished voice resounding in Alexis' head.

[That is good. Mandy, who flies up at this point, she is doing well.]

"Finnegan, this is a fine chicken. I don't know what you're afraid of."

[How are you my friend? I heard that you went with Atramor on his latest quest.]

"Aura, if you wish to be of any better assistant to your master, perhaps learn some skills or provide moral support rather than annoyance and sarcastic comments."

She turned her heads towards Mandy now.

"Indeed. Just the usual mortal humanoids rabbling about for gold and power, I'm afraid. Luckily this next one will be a much more worthy venture...perhaps our paths will cross in Dastan."

Atramor merely watched his chicken, rather bewildered at her sudden talkativeness.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

"De'kra? Are you ok?" Arthur asked with some concern. Before he could say anything else, though, a messenger stepped between them with a pair of wrapped packages, sent from the Marketplace to Arthur. Arthur tipped the man, then tore open the smaller of the two, the one containing the flawless Amethyst liberated from the staff. He hoped the modifications he had asked for would work, but he decided to examine that later. He turned back to De'kra, but the shade appeared to be busy staring off into the distance. He decided to let the shade talk about what had happened in his own time.

Arthur noticed Atramor seemed fascinated by his own chicken. Having nothing better to do, he stared intensely at McCafferey as Atramor did, unconsiously turning his new Amethyst over and over in his hands as he did...

Arasmyth sees the glistening purple gem in the young mage's hand. "An Amethyst." he states bluntly. "Be careful, boy. Dark magic is powerful, but not to be trifled with. It's been known to do strange things to people... And not of the good sort."

"Dark is not interchangeable with evil," McCafferey advised to both Arasmyth and Arthur. She was cut off, however, by Atramor snatching her off the table, glaring, eyes orange, back into her own beady orbs. "I don't need you yammrin' off to every other hero that walks in," he warned, as the chicken merely stared right back, fury evident.

He quickly released her, however, and she proceeded to mumble to herself in some foul-sounding tongue whilst pecking at the last of the corn cob. Atramor leaned back in his chair, arms crossed. Whatever the hell McCafferey was, he certainly didn't feel comfortable with her giving advice to the other denizens of the hall...

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

"Never said it was. However, it is undeniably one of the elements most known to affect its bearer aversely."

Alexandre sees, with some alarm, that one of his fellow questers, (Arhtur) is staring at a chicken. "You okay friend?"

Being bored again, William plonks himself down next to Arasmyth and Arthur, "Darkness may be the element that affects the most. But it is the most useful element against humanoid enemies as demonstrated by Althior when he took down the necromancer and Davril." "I would kill for an amethyst, too bad Elphaba doesn't carry them."

"Dark is not interchangeable with evil," McCafferey advised to both Arasmyth and Arthur. She was cut off, however, by Atramor snatching her off the table, glaring, eyes orange, back into her own beady orbs. "I don't need you yammrin' off to every other hero that walks in," he warned, as the chicken merely stared right back, fury evident.

He quickly released her, however, and she proceeded to mumble to herself in some foul-sounding tongue whilst pecking at the last of the corn cob. Atramor leaned back in his chair, arms crossed. Whatever the hell McCafferey was, he certainly didn't feel comfortable with her giving advice to the other denizens of the hall...

"Thank you, now if only you could tell that to the closed-minded freaks back home. 'Course, to them, different is 'evil'." Arthur snorted derisively. "They're ones to talk, 'specially since most of their elders used to be priests of Zo--" Arthur stopped suddenly, realizing he was talking to a chicken...who had just talked back. "Uh...did someone make me a Ranger while I wasn't looking, or did..." he trailed off, staring at the gem in his hands. He turned back to McCafferey. "Did this gem...somehow...let me talk to you? Or was it...have you ever known Emeralds to be cursed?"