Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Just now, The Legonater said:

Dyric raises his mug in the newcomer's direction. Always a pleasure, Hoke. How have things been?

Hoke clinks Dyric's mug with his newly arrived mug, spilling a bit of the contents on the table.

"Not as exciting as it used to be," he says with a chuckle,"To be honest, I have been considering lately about going back home.  I've set out to do what I needed to do, and that was accomplished a long time ago.  Not sure there is much else for me, or us, to do around here."

He talks a good drink from his mug.

"Mayhaps we did what we did a little too well."

Kiray looks at the other heroes, overhearing bits about the houses. No, she wasn't brave enough for politics, but she'd gladly talk about other things. She gets up from her seat and approaches. "Mind if I join you?" she asks. She turns to Hoke. "Home. Weird to think about. We've been here so long. Do you think it'll be feeling like a foreign place when we return home to our respective lands?"

10 hours ago, KotZ said:

Kiray looks at the other heroes, overhearing bits about the houses. No, she wasn't brave enough for politics, but she'd gladly talk about other things. She gets up from her seat and approaches. "Mind if I join you?" she asks. She turns to Hoke. "Home. Weird to think about. We've been here so long. Do you think it'll be feeling like a foreign place when we return home to our respective lands?"

Hoke sat upright, as if he had been splashed with cold water, and slumped his shoulders.

"You know, I never thought of that," he said, taking a sip from his mug,"I pray tis not so.  Mayhaps it will be, but I hope it's simply home."

Hoke looked into his mug, swirling the contents a bit, and takes another drink.

"I'm more than ready to assume my place.  I know it will be waiting for me."

17 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Not as exciting as it used to be," he says with a chuckle,"To be honest, I have been considering lately about going back home.  I've set out to do what I needed to do, and that was accomplished a long time ago.  Not sure there is much else for me, or us, to do around here."

He talks a good drink from his mug.

"Mayhaps we did what we did a little too well."

"What was it you set out to do and, if you don't mind me asking, how did you accomplish it?

"Interesting that you say we may have done it too well. Do you think it's true that there will always be a new villain, a stronger villain, to fight, no matter how many we put down and that, perhaps, just leaving them be would end their purpose in existing at all? That would be most strange. But I can't say it's unbelievable these days."

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"What was it you set out to do and, if you don't mind me asking, how did you accomplish it?"

"Acts of chivalry, courage, etc, etc,"Hoke says, clearing his throat,"In my family, and in most of my country, when we attain our knighthood, we are sent out immediately to make a name on our own with only the most basic supplies.  We are not allowed to use our family's name, coat of arms, or colors in our endeavors.  Once we have committed what we believe to be enough acts, we are allowed to return home, recite our deeds, and, if they are found to be sufficient, and we are granted a portion of our inheritance, and began or resume courtship." 

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Interesting that you say we may have done it too well. Do you think it's true that there will always be a new villain, a stronger villain, to fight, no matter how many we put down and that, perhaps, just leaving them be would end their purpose in existing at all? That would be most strange. But I can't say it's unbelievable these days."

"Do you see any quests pinned to the board?  Seems that no one wants or needs our help anymore.  My hope is that we, as Heroicans, inspired those that we helped to help those around them."

"But then you look at Eubric itself and...if anything the city seems to be regressing and not progressing...but maybe I am just exceptionally gloomy."

Just now, Palathadric said:

"But then you look at Eubric itself and...if anything the city seems to be regressing and not progressing...but maybe I am just exceptionally gloomy."

"Mayhaps, but when was Heroica ever asked to help the city?  We've helped the Houses for sure, and maybe a few of the citizens, but the city?"

Hoke finally takes a bite of his meal and chews for a second, to savor the flavor and to think.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, samurai-turtle said:

I got somethings I'm willing to depart for whole sale. 

Red Shield (SP:8) 40 Gold or best offer 

Simple Halberd (WP:10) 50 Gold or best offer 

Black Knight's Armor (SP:4; immune to stunning; suitable to Black Knights only; bodywear) 100 Gold - or best offer 

Unholy Armor (SP:5; immunity to Light and Darkness; suitable to paladins and dark knights; bodywear) 250 Gold - or best offer 

Unicorn Horn (WP:8, healing becomes nurturing, removing negative effects as well; Light-elemental staff) ??? Gold but I think I will want to keep the gem in stalled 

Shadow Cloak (SP: 1; immune to darkness-elemental; backwear) ??? Gold, I probably want to keep the gem in this just for your information 

It didn't seem like anyone around wanted to buy his stuff, but figuring patience might pay off, before just selling the items in the marketplace. As he waited...

Took out the Bright Polish and dumped it on the Dastan Armor and try it on. At the same time he seem to be calculating something. 

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

2 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Do you see any quests pinned to the board?  Seems that no one wants or needs our help anymore.  My hope is that we, as Heroicans, inspired those that we helped to help those around them."

"If I can jump in, there will always be villains of some sort, and there will always be those willing to fight them, be it in an organized group like us or not. I'm sure that we won't stop feeling the call to help either, until we're too old to fight."

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

2 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Mayhaps, but when was Heroica ever asked to help the city?  We've helped the Houses for sure, and maybe a few of the citizens, but the city?"

"The Houses benefited the most from us. Thought we were supposed to help the little guy more often. That would've been doing some good for the city if we did more of that.

23 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Pfft, this city is my respective land." Karie proclaims, taking a swig of Falana Wine. "I was born in this city, and I'll probably die in it as well, and if that's going to be the case, I'm going to make this organization the best it can be for this city."

8 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke finally takes a bite of his meal and chews for a second, to savor the flavor and to think.

"Several times. I've saved this city from being annihilated off the face of Olegaia by a dragon claiming to be the father of dragons. There's a reason I'm standing here and this city still stands."

The doors of Heroica Hall creak open, and...

...an unfamiliar face steps through. Friend or foe? Hero, or not? A new quest? He was a nervous looking man, hunched over and shoulders curled, his blue-gray robe dragging behind him as he shuffled across the hall. Seeing that the Quest Board wasn't the appropriate bulletin for his message, the man glumly pins the crumpled up notice to a neighboring wall, and swiftly makes an exit.

To whom it may concern:

Vitus, (or, as I have been told he is more commonly known as in these parts, Sorrow) has fallen very ill. He has requested that his malady be communicated to his fellow Heroes, so that any unfinished business could be resolved within the next few days. For those without any unfinished business, he has also stated that anyone and everyone is welcome to attend the sale of his estate and his possessions, should they "find anything of mine that they fancy, after all is said and done."

He can be found on 36 Repose Lane.

-Elijah Mannus, Priest and Representative of the Church of Helvetia

14 hours ago, Palathadric said:

There's certainly a precedent. Wren, then Regret, then Baba - next what? Maybe this chaos with the houses. Maybe something bigger on the horizon. Whatever it is, if we aren't prepared for it, then Eubric certainly isn't.

11 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Unlikely. We were getting calls in from across the world, sudden silence is not a good thing. If anything they gave up on us, like we gave up on them. If we rebuild ourselves, if we make Heroica a name that means something again, then our quest board will be filled like it once was. At least, one can only hope.

On 11/20/2017 at 9:14 PM, KotZ said:

Dyric looks the newcomer up and down. You look familiar, but I can't place you. Have we met?

Either way, Eubric is home for me now. I've made about as much of a return to my homeland as I'm willing to. Despite whatever is going on there, Eubric is what needs me. 

28 minutes ago, Endgame said:

...an unfamiliar face steps through. Friend or foe? Hero, or not? A new quest? He was a nervous looking man, hunched over and shoulders curled, his blue-gray robe dragging behind him as he shuffled across the hall. Seeing that the Quest Board wasn't the appropriate bulletin for his message, the man glumly pins the crumpled up notice to a neighboring wall, and swiftly makes an exit.

Noticing the estate sale and figured it might be worth a look. If he could find his way to this place ...

Spotting a pair of "boots" and wonder if I could get them for some Gold. Greaves (SP:2, immunity to slowed and hastened; footwear) 

38 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Unlikely. We were getting calls in from across the world, sudden silence is not a good thing. If anything they gave up on us, like we gave up on them. If we rebuild ourselves, if we make Heroica a name that means something again, then our quest board will be filled like it once was. At least, one can only hope.

"I agree with the rebuilding aspect." Karie stated, gripping her cup of wine. "We're better than a bunch of muscle for hire. Heroica needs to stand for something, otherwise we'll fall for anything." Karie then motioned to Kiray, motioning for her to sit with the rest of the group.

38 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Dyric looks the newcomer up and down. You look familiar, but I can't place you. Have we met?

Either way, Eubric is home for me now. I've made about as much of a return to my homeland as I'm willing to. Despite whatever is going on there, Eubric is what needs me. 

"Kiray's alright in my book. She's a lot more on the up-and-up than some other people in this hall." Karie didn't trust a lot of people in this hall, but Kiray seemed trustworthy enough during this lull. She grinned at her, raising her glass. Throughout the past year of seeming quiet in the hall, this communion of ragtag heroes was enough to make Karie happy. She would've hoped, deep down, that everyone could've been here, Em, Jeaux, Skrall, Nessa, Jinnipher, and Lind could've been there to enjoy this peaceful moment of introspection and planning. It felt like something Arthur would've enjoyed. Karie hoped in that moment that he'd managed to find peace with himself and that he hopefully reconnected with Myrriam. Her thoughts rested on Sorrow. 

It didn't feel like five years to Karie. It all went by so quick. She took a hearty drink from her wine and laughed to herself. In this one moment, she was happy. 

Noticing the message posted nearby, she motions for a heavily armoured elf packing her bags to pass the noticed to her. Bringing it back, Karie begins to look over the notice, her expression of joy faded away as she set her glass down and read through the notice.

44 minutes ago, Endgame said:

To whom it may concern:

Vitus, (or, as I have been told he is more commonly known as in these parts, Sorrow) has fallen very ill. He has requested that his malady be communicated to his fellow Heroes, so that any unfinished business could be resolved within the next few days. For those without any unfinished business, he has also stated that anyone and everyone is welcome to attend the sale of his estate and his possessions, should they "find anything of mine that they fancy, after all is said and done."

He can be found on 36 Repose Lane.

-Elijah Mannus, Priest and Representative of the Church of Helvetia

Karie set the note down, moving her hands through her hair.

"... I need to head out soon... if anyone wants to come with me. My..." Karie bites her lip, stopping herself from finishing her initial sentence. She can feel her emotions swell up. Taking a deep breath, she suppresses them for the time being. "Sorrow doesn't have much time left, and I intend to go see him."

Edited by Kintobor

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Several times. I've saved this city from being annihilated off the face of Olegaia by a dragon claiming to be the father of dragons. There's a reason I'm standing here and this city still stands."

"Not exactly what I meant.  We've all saved a city or two here, but we've rarely done anything in Eubric to change the political and social landscape.  I know a few have helped out here and there, but there doesn't seem to be a united call for change.  However..." Hoke says, tapping the newspaper.

7 hours ago, The Legonater said:

"When did that change come about?  When did we ever let down those we went to help?"

Hoke snatches the parchment out of the air and brings it down onto the table.

"Hmmm...." he contemplates as the unconsciously rubs his Crescent Union badge with his thumb.

"There is a mutiny in the Bonapartes? Too bad, they seemed to be one of the only houses that had some sense.Cedric says before he drinks some of his mead.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:47 AM, Endgame said:

23 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Noticing the estate sale and figured it might be worth a look. If he could find his way to this place ...

Spotting a pair of "boots" and wonder if I could get them for some Gold.

Greaves (SP:2, immunity to slowed and hastened; footwear) 

As he examine the "boots" . He realized they were not as good he first thought, not that they where bad. Thinking start the bid off low and see what happens. 

Is 50 Gold good for these "boots". Or is it like me peeing on you and telling you that it is just rain? 

On 11/22/2017 at 7:04 AM, UsernameMDM said:

"When did that change come about?  When did we ever let down those we went to help?"

Rone waves a hand at the near-empty Hall. I'd bet about when we strayed one step away from civil war, and responded by abandoning Eubric. 

Hell, you see this? Now the Crescent Union is falling apart, too. This city is falling apart on itself. Soon there'll be nothing left but the wards. 

On 11/22/2017 at 12:40 AM, Kintobor said:

"... I need to head out soon... if anyone wants to come with me. My..." Karie bites her lip, stopping herself from finishing her initial sentence. She can feel her emotions swell up. Taking a deep breath, she suppresses them for the time being. "Sorrow doesn't have much time left, and I intend to go see him."

Hearing the news, Dyric gives a somber nod.  I didn't know Sorrow well, but I knew him enough to see how was a good, if troubled, soul. I'll go with you, pay him my respects. For a hero to die simply by age and not the sword is something worth remembering, cherishing. 

36 Repose Way was a quaint little place. The surrounding neighborhood suggested that the house must've once been a wreck, but it seemed like a fair amount of work and effort had gone into reversing the home's decay. Still, some signs of age lingered - the porch creaked, the handrails were wobbly, And tossed out on said porch were all of Sorrow's belongings.

Well, tossed was a harsh word for it. They were placed under the overhang in an organized manner, with a a small little bowl set out to collect gold from potential buyers. Each item was labelled with a price, and sure enough, the Greaves were marked with an asking price of 50 gold. Any passerby could probably loot the porch if they felt so inclined, but perhaps that wasn't the best way to respect a dying Heroican.

Sorry if the initial posting was unclear on what I intended for this, samurai turtle! The boots are yours for 50 gold regardless.

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

Well, tossed was a harsh word for it. They were placed under the overhang in an organized manner, with a a small little bowl set out to collect gold from potential buyers. Each item was labelled with a price, and sure enough, the Greaves were marked with an asking price of 50 gold. Any passerby could probably loot the porch if they felt so inclined, but perhaps that wasn't the best way to respect a dying Heroican.

Sorry if the initial posting was unclear on what I intended for this, samurai turtle! The boots are yours for 50 gold regardless.

It took The Demon Germ minute to realize that it was more of looking for donations than estate sale. As he finally spotted the tag on the "boots" he ended up just giving an extra 25 Gold (for a maximum of 75 Gold). Leaving a note with the Gold: 

I don't think you know me from Heroica Hall. But from the notice I seen from the Hall you seem to be "moving on". I thought maybe you would like to know where your old "boots" are heading. P.S. I gave you an extra 25 Gold for the "boots". - The Demon Germ 

Nocking on the door in a little diddy in an effort to get someone's attention. Germ hang around the place for a little bit mostly to make sure the Gold went to the proper place before moving on. 

OoC:

Where you just giving the stuff away? Oh well, that is fine. I got some plans for Germ too, no big deal to me. Plus, it seems like Sorrow has doubles of some items. It looks like an editing error to me.

4 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Hearing the news, Dyric gives a somber nod.  I didn't know Sorrow well, but I knew him enough to see how was a good, if troubled, soul. I'll go with you, pay him my respects. For a hero to die simply by age and not the sword is something worth remembering, cherishing. 

"Thanks. In that case, we'll be back in a bit." Karie stood up and headed out the door, and into Eubric's cold streets.

---

Making her way to 36 Repose Way, Karie noticed the large 
amount of stuff left on the porch. She recognized most of it as Sorrow's. She then spotted the man on the doorstep. She scowled.

54 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Knocking on the door in a little diddy in an effort to get someone's attention. Germ hang around the place for a little bit mostly to make sure the Gold went to the proper place before moving on. 

"Excuse me, just what exactly are you doing here?" Karie questioned the man at the door. She never got his name, but she remembered his hostility from their previous encounter.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

---

Making her way to 36 Repose Way, Karie noticed the large amount of stuff left on the porch. She recognized most of it as Sorrow's. She then spotted the man on the doorstep. She scowled.

"Excuse me, just what exactly are you doing here?" Karie questioned the man at the door. She never got his name, but she remembered his hostility from their previous encounter.

Hearing a some what familiar voice. Then recognize one of the "clowns" from Heroica. Well if you must know, I am buying some "boots". Then showing Karie the bag of (75) Gold with the note on it. Apparently this guy is retiring. I figured someone would be keeping an eye on this stuff. But I was just going to leave it in this bowl here. As the pointed at the bowl on the "porch". Not that I know what concern it is of yours.