Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"By the way, what happened to your hair?"

Matthias winces as Wineghilm asks the question. Never question a woman's hair, he thinks to himself, and worse, she's an elf!

My hair? Nerwen laughs softly,

When I first came to the hall it was dyed brown. When I took the role of paladin, the angel who came, Seraphael, stripped the artifice away.

But that seems like a long time ago. 

Edited by Chromeknight

Update for Quest 154 

Cedric the knight (Wiz) has been chosen to replace Zanna  (Filpz).

On December 14, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Fox Womb said:

"Sure thing" Olivia smiles and makes her way up the stairs, trying not to go too fast as she doesn't want to faint again.

Karie goes to her usual table, sitting in the corner where her name had been scratched into the wood. She motions for Olivia to join her. "Anything you enjoy drinking? Wine? Beer? Ale? If it exists, this place probably has it... somehow.

Needless to say, I've got a dozen and one stories I could tell you about what I've done. I've fought demons and dragons, routed out political schemes, heck, I survived the Regret and put him where he belonged, in a hole in the ground. What kind of story would you like to hear?"
Karie asks. "Of course, I'm interested in hearing about yourself, as well. I'm nosy like that."

On December 18, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Asphalt said:

Wanted

Everlasting Venoms and their ilk

Magical Scrolls, especially those granting luck and speed.

Interesting Oddities.

If you have something you would like to sell or trade speak the the Green Knight

Vindsval The Half-Born

"Define "interesting oddities" for me, Vind." Karie asks in a dry tone.

---

Annienal looks to the quest board, noticing the update. She'd spent far too long polishing her armour and nosing about in her books studying. She was ready for more adventure.

Annienal Anavar signs up for quest #155.

6 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Define "interesting oddities" for me, Vind." Karie asks in a dry tone.

---

Annienal looks to the quest board, noticing the update. She'd spent far too long polishing her armour and nosing about in her books studying. She was ready for more adventure.

Annienal Anavar signs up for quest #155.

We all come across unique items along our Paths.  Each region of this world has that which it calls its own.  A unique flavor to its food, its drink, its magic.  Not everything falls within the strict definitions of weapon, armor, potion, Interesting Oddities.

He peers at the newest notice on the quest board.

A chance to return to the frigid lands of the North.    

Vindsval Signs up for Quest #155.

Edited by Asphalt

Torald, being born in the far north and thus used to cold, signs up for quest #155. 

Edited by Alfadas

Monk Pretzel looks at the Quest board and roars with laughter.
"Ha, ha! Somebody is stealing someone else's Grogmas presents! What a joke! Maybe those Mopags would do better to stop celebrating an orcish tradition rather than calling heroes to help them get their presents back. Well, I suppose I could use a fun little quest. There's nothing else going on anyhow and getting out of the hall would be good for my bones."
So saying, Monk Pretzel signs up for the Quest #155.

Petaldan also sees the notice on the board.
"Hmm...it doesn't seem like a job worthy for a hero...but I suppose no job is too small. Besides, would I be happy if somebody stole presents from me? No. I would go get them back, but maybe these Mopags aren't brave enough to do that."
Petaldan quickly signs up for Quest #155.

"Stealing presents and decorations just because you don't like the holidays? Now that's just petty."

Throlar signs up for Quest #155

Nerwen and Matthias had become preccoupied with other entertainment, but Hybros still sat in his seat at the bar, examining Zoot's Reaper. Even with all its upgrades, the scythe held its original presence about it, sometimes whispering to the imp. It seemed to be reacting to something nearby. Hybros eyed Nerwen's pack cautiously. "Ehehm, I, well, my scythe, could not help but notice something in your possession. Do you know what that may be?"

14 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie goes to her usual table, sitting in the corner where her name had been scratched into the wood. She motions for Olivia to join her. "Anything you enjoy drinking? Wine? Beer? Ale? If it exists, this place probably has it... somehow.

Needless to say, I've got a dozen and one stories I could tell you about what I've done. I've fought demons and dragons, routed out political schemes, heck, I survived the Regret and put him where he belonged, in a hole in the ground. What kind of story would you like to hear?"
Karie asks. "Of course, I'm interested in hearing about yourself, as well. I'm nosy like that."

"Ale would be nice." Olivia smiles and follows the gesture, taking a seat across from the woman. "About myself, since you're interested... I come from a small town about five days from here, I sort of ran away. They don't like me there, and I don't like the way they want me to live. They expect me to cook food and bear children, I want to explore. I've often said, 'there's not a place I'd rather be than everywhere at once,' and there wasn't room for that." She's looking at the floor now, gazing off into nothing. "So the past week I've been a passenger, riding along with other people, or walking by myself where necessary. I've realised that being everywhere at once isn't practical, and I don't really know what I'm doing..." Olivia trails off. "Sorry, I'm rambling. What's the "Regret"?"

Nerwen rummages in her satchel, eventually pulling out the demonic goo that was all of left of the Irk.

Do you mean this? Do you know what use it has?

1 hour ago, Chromeknight said:

Nerwen rummages in her satchel, eventually pulling out the demonic goo that was all of left of the Irk.

Do you mean this? Do you know what use it has?

Zoot's Reaper buzzed. "I do not, but perhaps that jelly is as old as whatever my scythe is made of. I could try to find a use for it... stranger things have happened to me, I suppose. Would you be willing to part with it?"

Nerwen shrugged.

I should check with Skrall and Boomingham, but I haven't seen them since the end of the quest and the didn't show interest in it then. So I'll just give them a share of what you pay.

Does 200gold seem reasonable?

Edited by Chromeknight

Current Sign-ups for Quest 155:
Annienal Anavar (Kintober) - Level 20 Mystic Knight
Nerwen Calmacil (Chromeknight) - Level 40.4 Shaman
Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-) - Level 34 Mystic Knight
Vindsval Halfborn (Asphalt) - Level 34 Paladin
Blizzard (Rider Raider) - Level 1 Barbarian
Hoke Ablesword (UsernameMDM) - Level 56 Paragon
Torald Waruelf (Alfadas) - Level 13.5 Barbarian
Monk Pretzel (Palathadric) - Level 36 Artisan
Petaldan Parfenius (Palathadric) - Level 12 Knight
Throlar Wineghilm (Lord Duvors) - Level 17.5 Warden

"That sounds fair." Hybros handed the 200 gold over in exchange for the Eldritch Jelly. He held it in his hands but before he could get a good look at it the goo snapped to Zoot's Reaper like a bee to honey. Maybe it was the other way around. The goo quickly solidified before their eyes, forming an intimidating spike that ran from the middle of the scythe's staff to the bottom. Zoot's Reaper let out a violent, raspy scream before falling completely silent. Hybros looked at his weapon with mild awe, though this was far from the first time the thing had acted up. A presence even eerier than before lay dormant in the scythe, lending its power. 

"I... suppose it will need a new name. Again."

As Nerwen and Hybros begin their transactions, Matthias follows the crowd to the quest board and signs up for Quest #155 before returning to his seat with a fresh pint of cider.

As Nerwen slips out of the Hall, holding her sunburst badge, Matthias follows, deciding more or less on a whim to join the Sungold Alliance.

Edited by StickFig
Continuity fix

12 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

Nerwen hand 50gold to Thalion.

Could you use either of these? holding out the Razor and the Sword of Light.

Thalion approaches Nerwen and Hybros, looks at Nerwen and politely rejects the gold she hands him, "Thank you mistress Nerwen, but you should keep it."

Thalion picks up the Razor and looks it over, "Yes, I believe I can use this. And, while the sword is nice, I already have a very nice selection of weapons." He gestures to the pair of weapons on his back and more in his backpack. "But, if you have no use for it, that Helm of the Lord of Light seems like something I can put to good use... " He turns and rummages through his backpack, "What do you make of these?" he takes out Emerald Hood and Vexing Vestments, "Perhaps they can be of better use to you than they are to me..." he adds with a smile.

Awaiting the response from Nerwen, he turns to Hybros and bows, "Ah, master Hybros it is so good to see you again! How have you been?"

Vindsval finishes leaving his notice on the quest board and returns to his barrel seat at the bar.  As he is reaching for a fresh tankard a disk of carved stone, roughly the size of a dinner plate, drops from the air with a POP and lands on the bar in front of him.  He starts slightly, not certain of what is going on, and then he realizes what it is.  A gift from the Lord Grogmas.  He reaches out and runs a sharp black nail along the intricate knot work and imagery carved into its surface.  It appears to be a stylized image of a helmed warrior standing at a crossroads.  In his right hand he holds an enormous sword, in his left a shield.  The aged warrior is flanked by a pair of leather winged creatures.  Vindsval's eyebrows raise as he recognizes it as an image of The Wanderer himself.  There is a magic radiating from the disk.  As he touches it once more A jolt runs through him and a voice echoes in his ear.

A new Path opens before you my Paladin.  Be certain of your choice before you decide.  You may serve me as your are, or become my avenging hand among these people.  Will you heal and wield the power of the Witchery Way, or will you strike off the hand of those who would harm your flock?  Decide Emissary.

Vindsval opens his eyes and smiles.  Now realizing what the object is.  The VINDICATOR'S SEAL that he had heard rumors tell of.

You never leave a Path straight for too long do you my Lord?

He places the Seal in his cloak and goes back to the bar.  A small smile pulling at the corner of his lip.

Edited by Asphalt