Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Nerwen returns to the hall, she had been long away. And on yet another quest that went nowhere. She sighed and checked the quest board.

Without looking around much, she went up to her usual corner in the salon with a drink and and a nod from Scheherazade.

2 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

Nerwen returns to the hall, she had been long away. And on yet another quest that went nowhere. She sighed and checked the quest board.

Without looking around much, she went up to her usual corner in the salon with a drink and and a nod from Scheherazade.

In a contemplative mood, Matthias watches Nerwen select her seat, then grabs a refill of cider from Scheherry and joins the shawoman at the corner table, not saying a word.

3 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

Nerwen watches Matthias slide into a seat. She smiles gently, looking the gnome over.

You've grown. she says quietly.

We all have, Dyric says, smoothly pulling out a chair and sitting in it. It's been too long, Nerwen. 

On December 13, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Fox Womb said:

"Heroica Hall sure is a beautiful place... And I don't have a profession, so to speak, but I guess you could say I'm a student of magic... I know the basics of magic, not much more, though I do wish to learn. And I definitely don't mind getting my hands dirty if it'll mean I don't have to go back home." Olivia pauses and looks around again, still in awe of her surroundings. "What kind of quests, might I ask?"

Karie sighed at the question asked of her. Where did she even begin?

"Well, if you'd like, we have a bar upstairs. Why don't you follow me, we get the drinks flowing, and I tell you what you can expect. Sound alright?" Karie gestured to the upstairs, where most of the hall's noise was coming from.

11 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Karie sighed at the question asked of her. Where did she even begin?

"Well, if you'd like, we have a bar upstairs. Why don't you follow me, we get the drinks flowing, and I tell you what you can expect. Sound alright?" Karie gestured to the upstairs, where most of the hall's noise was coming from.

"Sure thing" Olivia smiles and makes her way up the stairs, trying not to go too fast as she doesn't want to faint again.

Hybros joined familiar company at the bar, greeting Dyric, Matthias, and Nerwen. "Dyric is right, we have all grown since our first quests. Nerwen, you must remember that time we fought an archdemon below this city. And Dyric, our first encounter with Wren was even far before you defeated her, which was years ago. We have only just recently quested together Matthias but you must feel older even now, as I do. The ordeals of our profession weigh heavily on our time... heheh."

Nerwen greets Dyric Lightkiller and the imp, Master Hybros.

Settling back in her seat she says, We have all seen portentous events. But the days grow meaner, the world seems to be flatter. My last quest ended with the colour drained from it and all, but those of heroica frozen like a painting, barely distinguishable from the background. It is not the first time that happened, my second quest ended that way, but it happened two of my last three.

21 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

You've grown. she says quietly.

Doffing his hat in a tiny bow to Calmcacil, Matthias looks down at himself proudly, not noticing his chest swell with pride as he wonders if he really has.

14 hours ago, JimBee said:

"We have only just recently quested together Matthias but you must feel older even now, as I do. The ordeals of our profession weigh heavily on our time... heheh."

"I'm not yet half as old as a gnome expects to grow, but I feel a thousand years old, yes," the gnome intones.

11 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

My last quest ended with the colour drained from it and all, but those of heroica frozen like a painting, barely distinguishable from the background. It is not the first time that happened, my second quest ended that way, but it happened two of my last three.

Matthias shakes his head and takes a melancholy draught of cider.

On 12/10/2016 at 11:45 AM, Lord Duvors said:

"Ah I see. Who else was with you on this quest?"

The giant makes a sound that is somehow half chuckle and half grimace.  A rather strange collection of bedfellows, Thormanil, Siercon, Jinnipher, Lind, Arthur, and myself. There was no shortage of conflict within or without.  

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

The giant makes a sound that is somehow half chuckle and half grimace.  A rather strange collection of bedfellows, Thormanil, Siercon, Jinnipher, Lind, Arthur, and myself. There was no shortage of conflict within or without.  

"Hmm, I know Lind and Arthur, and Lind is not likely to get along well with others, the last time I saw him you were holding him up by the scruff of his neck, do you remember that?"

"Before you ask what I've been doing," Throlar said as he leaned back in his seat, "Not much, I did however help save an orc from being sold into slavery. I feel a great sense of satisfaction in that. Hang on, is that... excuse me a minute, I have a friend to see."

The shock of sudden reappearance in the Hall was visible on Thalion's face, but after a moment he regained his bearings and looked around. He was definitely in the Hall (This is the second time that temporal anomaly has happened...), he thought as he took out a bottle of fine elvish wine and sat over an empty table to ponder the events that happened. (Either the ether fluctuated wildly or someone had manipulated it in order to teleport us here... Whatever the case, it should be investigated...), he thought to himself and took a sip of the wine.

On 12/15/2016 at 4:08 AM, Chromeknight said:

Nerwen greets Dyric Lightkiller and the imp, Master Hybros.

Settling back in her seat she says, We have all seen portentous events. But the days grow meaner, the world seems to be flatter. My last quest ended with the colour drained from it and all, but those of heroica frozen like a painting, barely distinguishable from the background. It is not the first time that happened, my second quest ended that way, but it happened two of my last three.

"Flatter? Perhaps to some but the world seems larger than ever to me, heheh. I have been to Azazot and back and many places in between - even the land of the dead. Perhaps the places you have visited do not yet have color or the influence to make it. I have heard of such things like the islands of Tridentia - a simple fruit was able to provide them with color. Perhaps there you will find a solution."

On 12/15/2016 at 3:37 PM, StickFig said:

"I'm not yet half as old as a gnome expects to grow, but I feel a thousand years old, yes," the gnome intones.

Hybros inspected Matthias with interest. "And, ehehm, just how old is that?"

4 hours ago, JimBee said:

"Flatter? Perhaps to some but the world seems larger than ever to me, heheh. I have been to Azazot and back and many places in between - even the land of the dead. Perhaps the places you have visited do not yet have color or the influence to make it. I have heard of such things like the islands of Tridentia - a simple fruit was able to provide them with color. Perhaps there you will find a solution."

Hybros inspected Matthias with interest. "And, ehehm, just how old is that?"

"Fifty, usually... my great-grandfather grandfather made it to fifty-seven, but that was a pretty big deal." Matthias ponders for a moment. "I suppose it's likely I'll outlive him by a long, long time."

Vindsval picks up another cask from the bar.  Good to see some life in here.  It has been too quiet.

17 hours ago, StickFig said:

"Fifty, usually... my great-grandfather grandfather made it to fifty-seven, but that was a pretty big deal." Matthias ponders for a moment. "I suppose it's likely I'll outlive him by a long, long time."

"Hm." Hybros wondered at his own age. "I think I am about as old as your ancestor was. I think imps live about the same amount of time, under normal circumstances, heheh. I have certainly outlived my expectations considering the beating we take out in the field..." He took a sip of tea. "It must be some burden to carry, having both the spell of the Valkyrie's artifact and the power of the Fountain of Youth. You can not die from old age, sickness, or combat."

16 hours ago, Chromeknight said:

I am not deeply concerned. The effect seems to pass in time. Had it not happened though, I would be a high priestess by now.

"What is stopping you now? I am sure the Copper Fox would be willing to help."

48 minutes ago, JimBee said:

"What is stopping you now? I am sure the Copper Fox would be willing to help."

He requires ten quests to be successfully completed, does he not? I have nine, not counting the ones that froze.

3 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

He requires ten quests to be successfully completed, does he not? I have nine, not counting the ones that froze.

Vindsval overhears the last bit. Froze?  The time slips are one thing, time stops are far more serious.  This land, something is truly wrong.

51 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

"I am surprised you only have nine, having been a part of Heroica for so long, Nerwen. Perhaps a short visit to the Fields of Glory might be in order. I am looking to gain a little bit of experience myself, although I think they are occupied for now. I would also like to test out Zoot's Reaper in its completed form... heheh." He held out his scythe to show it off. The mythril blade gleamed a silvery-blue even in the golden candlelight of the Hall.

1 hour ago, Chromeknight said:

A voice interrupted the conversation at this point "Nerwen?" it said, "It's me, Throlar, do you remember me?"

16 hours ago, JimBee said:

"Hm." Hybros wondered at his own age. "I think I am about as old as your ancestor was. I think imps live about the same amount of time, under normal circumstances, heheh. I have certainly outlived my expectations considering the beating we take out in the field..." He took a sip of tea. "It must be some burden to carry, having both the spell of the Valkyrie's artifact and the power of the Fountain of Youth. You can not die from old age, sickness, or combat."

"It is a strange burden; I try not to think about it any more." The gnome keeps drinking.

Vindsval walks over to the board.  Nothing new to sign up for.  He notices that there are a number of for sale and wanted lists posted.  He might as well take a moment to add his own.

Wanted

Everlasting Venoms and their ilk

Magical Scrolls, especially those granting luck and speed.

Interesting Oddities.

If you have something you would like to sell or trade speak the the Green Knight

Vindsval The Half-Born

Edited by Asphalt

On 18/12/2016 at 8:45 AM, Lord Duvors said:

A voice interrupted the conversation at this point "Nerwen?" it said, "It's me, Throlar, do you remember me?"

Ambassador. Nerwen says with a faint trace of coldness.

You seem to have done well also.

42 minutes ago, Chromeknight said:

Ambassador. Nerwen says with a faint trace of coldness.

You seem to have done well also.

"Thanks, but I'm not so certain about that." He said, taking out four gold and offing them to her, "I owe you this," he explained, "You lent me this at the decagon tournament and I've been meaning to pay you back. By the way, what happened to your hair?"