Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

On 11/17/2016 at 0:52 PM, Palathadric said:

"Ugh! Thank God, no. If you think I was once a baby and grew and am increasing in age and headed for my deathbed, you are wrong little lady."

"That is generally how time works, yes."

There seemed to be a lot of wheeling in dealing in the Hall.  Hoke made his way to the questboard, ready to get out in the field again, but saw that it was empty.

"I'll come back to hear your answer," he says to Guts as he walks out of the Hall and into the city.

On November 17, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Palathadric said:

"Ugh! Thank God, no. If you think I was once a baby and grew and am increasing in age and headed for my deathbed, you are wrong little lady."

"Um... are you insinuating that you merely came into existence in your current state? I, um, find that hard to believe." Annienal poked into the conversation, lowering her book in order to focus on the bearded man. "Although, if you did, I'd, um like to know how you did so." 

"Some things are...difficult to explain to those who have never known something other than the workings of this world."

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"Some things are...difficult to explain to those who have never known something other than the workings of this world."

Annienal placed her current book down in favour for her personal notebook. Grabbing her pen, she opened to the first blank page she could find and looked back at the bearded man. "My mind is, well, um, ready."

I look at the knight critically.
"Of what interest is it to you how I originated?"

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I look at the knight critically.
"Of what interest is it to you how I originated?"

Annienal looked curiously at the bearded man. "Um... well, I find your lack of a clear answer fascinating, and I want to figure out what you mean by that. If you were not born into this world, then how did you get here?" She pondered on the question herself, her scholarly pursuits making think about the man's claims.

20 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval nods to the gruff little man.  Welcome back.

"Nice to see you too Vind, what's been happening to you lately?"

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Nice to see you too Vind, what's been happening to you lately?"

Since returning from the battle with the Elder Wyrm, very little.  It has been very quiet in the hall and city as of late.  While it was a welcome change for a time, it has grown tense.  It worries me that pressures may be building that are, as of yet, hidden from us.

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Since returning from the battle with the Elder Wyrm, very little.  It has been very quiet in the hall and city as of late.  While it was a welcome change for a time, it has grown tense.  It worries me that pressures may be building that are, as of yet, hidden from us.

Drinking silently in his seat next to Arthur, Matthias hears Vindsuval's voice without quite being aware of its origins, the deep rumbling forebodingly resonant to the half-giant's words.

On 12/7/2016 at 4:21 PM, Asphalt said:

"Wyrm? What wyrm? I am not omniscient Vindsval, please don't make cryptic allusions to events I know nothing about."

Just now, Lord Duvors said:

"Wyrm? What wyrm? I am not omniscient Vindsval, please don't make cryptic allusions to events I know nothing about."

Nothing cryptic Throlar, I speak of the great serpent Imortallis.  It was he who caused the fires and storms that threatened the city.  I thought all knew of it.

Edited by Asphalt

12 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Nothing cryptic Throlar, I speak of the great serpent Imortallis.  It was he who caused the fires and storms that threatened the city.  I thought all knew of it.

"Oh yes, that, I spent the whole time indoors, thought it was just a big storm. So, who was this Imortallis fellow?"

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Oh yes, that, I spent the whole time indoors, thought it was just a big storm. So, who was this Imortallis fellow?"

Not a poor decision to make.  He fancied himself the Father of dragons, a timeless immortal force of nature.  From what I saw, aside from the Immortal part, he made have spoken truth.  

20 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Not a poor decision to make.  He fancied himself the Father of dragons, a timeless immortal force of nature.  From what I saw, aside from the Immortal part, he made have spoken truth.  

"Ah I see. Who else was with you on this quest?"

BAM

Olivia slams through the front door, red-faced and panting. Light-headed, she tries to find the nearest wall to lean against in the case that she faints, but instead of a wall her hand blindly connects with another being.

"Oh, sorry Sir." She says in the general direction of the folk she just encountered. Gasping for air in between every word or two, Olivia speaks "This corset doesn't allow for much breathing, you see. And I just ran here and got dizzy and now I can't see and..." Olivia trails off as she regains her balance, and in a few short seconds she can see again. "Oh, ah! Sorry, Ma'am!"

The woman walks off as if nothing happened, and Olivia stands in place trying to take in her surroundings. Never before has she been in a place of gathering with so much activity! The largest gatherings she's seen were the harvest festivals in her home town, but those were nothing next to this.

Thinking out loud, the awestruck girl speaks. "Dearie, I think I'm lost."

b3cX3i2.jpg?2

Olivia Valeriya Lorraine (Fox Womb)
17 year-old female skank Mage
Level I
Power: 4
Health: 5/5
Ether: 5
Gold: 10
Equipment: Non-ornate Elilian stave of basic ritual (WP:3)
Inventory: Potion, Topaz

((Just tell me if I'm doing any of this wrong.))

Edited by Fox Womb

15 hours ago, Fox Womb said:

Thinking out loud, the awestruck girl speaks. "Dearie, I think I'm lost."

Karie opens the door to the hall, inspecting the doors for damage. She'd been away for a few days, and decided to return before festive activities would inevitably consume her. She notices a bewildered stranger speak to herself.

"Hello. Can I help you in any particular way?" Karie asked the woman. 

---

On December 1, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Palathadric said:

"I was not born so much as...sent."

Annienal pondered on the man's words, curiously trying to decipher what he said. "Sent by, um... who, exactly?"

Hybros entered the Hall, his newly-upgraded scythe hanging over his shoulder. He peered around looking for some old company. Seeing none, he headed to the fireplace with a steaming mug of tea to contemplate by himself. Some sense of concern and discomfort hovered above his head like a cloud, reflecting the dreary weather outside.

14 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Karie opens the door to the hall, inspecting the doors for damage. She'd been away for a few days, and decided to return before festive activities would inevitably consume her. She notices a bewildered stranger speak to herself.

"Hello. Can I help you in any particular way?" Karie asked the woman.

"Well, nothing in particular... I'm to stay in this town for a while, and I've but ten gold to live off of. So I'm going to need a job or something... It's been said that this town is "rich in adventure" or something of the sorts by my folks back home." Olivia looks around her once more. "Heck, it is quite a busy place. Would you know of anything I can do to make myself of use? Either for you or for someone else? I really do need gold, and holding out a hat on the street for pocket change wouldn't make good of my image."

1 hour ago, Fox Womb said:

"Well, nothing in particular... I'm to stay in this town for a while, and I've but ten gold to live off of. So I'm going to need a job or something... It's been said that this town is "rich in adventure" or something of the sorts by my folks back home." Olivia looks around her once more. "Heck, it is quite a busy place. Would you know of anything I can do to make myself of use? Either for you or for someone else? I really do need gold, and holding out a hat on the street for pocket change wouldn't make good of my image."

Karie nodded her head, understanding where the newbie was coming from. She'd been in similar circumstance before, eerily similar circumstances, and felt somewhat obligated to helping out this potential prospect of a hero. "They'll be no need for begging. You've potentially come to the right place. I can tell you from experience that my current job pays out well enough if you're willing to get your hands a little dirty. See, you're in Heroica Hall, we're sort of a questing guild, and the door is open to everyone, for better or worse. Tell me, what is it that you do in terms of a profession? Are you a priest? A student of magic?" 

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie nodded her head, understanding where the newbie was coming from. She'd been in similar circumstance before, eerily similar circumstances, and felt somewhat obligated to helping out this potential prospect of a hero. "They'll be no need for begging. You've potentially come to the right place. I can tell you from experience that my current job pays out well enough if you're willing to get your hands a little dirty. See, you're in Heroica Hall, we're sort of a questing guild, and the door is open to everyone, for better or worse. Tell me, what is it that you do in terms of a profession? Are you a priest? A student of magic?" 

"Heroica Hall sure is a beautiful place... And I don't have a profession, so to speak, but I guess you could say I'm a student of magic... I know the basics of magic, not much more, though I do wish to learn. And I definitely don't mind getting my hands dirty if it'll mean I don't have to go back home." Olivia pauses and looks around again, still in awe of her surroundings. "What kind of quests, might I ask?"

On 12/13/2016 at 2:53 AM, Kintobor said:

Annienal pondered on the man's words, curiously trying to decipher what he said. "Sent by, um... who, exactly?"

"Well, it probably won't do you a whole lot of good to hear the name, since you don't know the man. So let me just say, and at the end of the day, that is Who willed it, by God."