Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

On 11/4/2016 at 5:41 PM, Flipz said:

"Zed??  Oh, you mean Zeus...I liked him.  He--wait, what?!"

Arthur looks back and forth from Namyrra to Pretzel to Hybros.  "...she's dead?  Truly, finally dead?"  Arthur focuses on Hybros.  "Then you have my thanks.  And likely the thanks of my family, too, were it not for the...ridiculous political nonsense we've let ourselves get wrapped up in.  If there's anything I can help you with...anything at all...let me know.  The Ziegfrieds owe you a debt, even if we can't officially admit it, and I would be happy to help repay it."

"Heheh, it was really a team effort. Baba was no match for the combined might of the five-- ehehm, six of us at the time. We were not without casualties and Byblos is... no longer with us."

On 11/6/2016 at 3:11 PM, StickFig said:

"Sungold Alliance?" Matthias looks puzzled; it's obvious that he's still not caught up on events since his journey to Etheria. "Are they a new House in the City?"

The gnome rubbs his head confusedly until Ziegfried speaks up, then the memory arrives. "Ah, of course!" Fishing out the Toxic Hood from a pouch, Matthias extends it towards the imp. "Zeus charged me 200 gold. I had quite forgotten why I bought it."

"Hm, yes, well here is a little extra for your troubles." Hybros handed over 250 gold. "I do not suppose you have yet chosen a side in all this chaos in Eubric? Without Baba the lines between the factions seem a little clearer."

Hybros eyes the helmet that the Moon Elf standing some distance off was twirling in her hands.
MimeAvGold.jpg
"Ehem, I could not help but to notice... that helmet, it seems quite rare and would perhaps fit well with my other equipment, heheh..."

berserker.jpg
"Piss off, demon, it's not for sale."

Not to be discouraged, Hybros pushes a little more.
MimeAvGold.jpg
"Perhaps you would be interested in some rare items of my own... You could use a new weapon and shield, no? How about this Rumble Mace and Tusk Shield?"

Jinnipher appraised the items.
berserker.jpg
"Huh, not bad. But you have no idea what it took to get this helmet. You try hitting an ancient dragon enough times to pump him full of poison. It's not easy bringing down a creature that old or that big."

MimeAvGold.jpg
"Poison, you say? If that is your weapon of choice, perhaps this will interest you." He held forward the newly-acquired Toxic Hood. "You would be able to heal yourself in a pinch with this, while stunning your enemies with the mace and shield."

Jinnipher considered for a moment.
berserker.jpg
"Three for one... Well, I've got to say the magical properties that I'm told this helmet has do nothing for me. You drive a hard bargain, small fry. Hand them over."

Jinnipher trades the Immortal Helm for Hybros' Rumble Mace, Tusk Shield and Toxic Hood.

MimeAvGold.jpg
"A pleasure doing business with you, heheh."

Jinnipher simply rolled her eyes and turned away, inspecting her new items.

On 11/6/2016 at 6:03 PM, wiz said:

"The Sungold Alliance is the Bonapartes, the Hinkwells, and the Ziegfrieds banded together against the Crescent Union, which is the Ji Pei, the Shadeaux, and the Guild of Invision. Both sides also oppose the Wolfgang."

4 hours ago, JimBee said:

"Hm, yes, well here is a little extra for your troubles." Hybros handed over 250 gold. "I do not suppose you have yet chosen a side in all this chaos in Eubric? Without Baba the lines between the factions seem a little clearer."

Matthias happily accepts the imp's gold. "I hadn't heard of it until today. What is the big deal? Everyone knows the Bonapartes hate the Ji Pei, the Shadeaux hate the Hinckwells, et ceterea, et cetera, et cetera. What makes these new alliances any different? Do they have a purpose, or a unifying aim?"

7 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias happily accepts the imp's gold. "I hadn't heard of it until today. What is the big deal? Everyone knows the Bonapartes hate the Ji Pei, the Shadeaux hate the Hinckwells, et ceterea, et cetera, et cetera. What makes these new alliances any different? Do they have a purpose, or a unifying aim?"

"They each elected a king they want to appoint over Eubric. The king of the Alliance is some hero called Boomingham, the king of the Union is some blue-faced Ji Pei, and the Wolfgang wants Urlic to be king."

Seeing others do the same, I post up a note in the hall.

Now Selling:
White Ninja Cowl (Once per battle, the wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; Headwear)
Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1; Vermin with level less than half of the wearers are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; Bodywear)

Cloak of the Barbaric Runecaster (SP: 3; wearer creates and deploys a Skeleton Decoy at the start of every battle; Suitable for Battle Mages, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear)
Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2, Max Ether +4; Backwear)

PS: Let me know if you're interested or I will sell them to Fabian whenever he's ready to purchase again.

On 11/8/2016 at 5:00 AM, wiz said:

"They each elected a king they want to appoint over Eubric. The king of the Alliance is some hero called Boomingham, the king of the Union is some blue-faced Ji Pei, and the Wolfgang wants Urlic to be king."

"Elected? A king? Two kings?" Intrigued, but not convinced, Matthias wrinkles his face in distaste at Cedric's racial slur but lets it slide because the man's news is so interesting. He climbs onto the table and raises his voice to the Hall. "If there is a hero called Boomingham here, I would like to meet them."

Stepping down from the table, the gnome seeks out Pretzel. "I need some work done on this cannon," he says to the artisan, holding out his XX Replica Handcannon and an Ethereal Ruby. "Would you mind havving this gem merged for me? What would be your price?" Opening his purse, the druid waits for the man's reply.

Edited by StickFig
formatting

I take a look at the exquisite gem.
"This is a very unique gem. I don't think I've seen it's like before. I am tempted to ask you to part with it for a sum of gold, but I have the feeling that it's worth much more to you than anything gold can buy.
"Anyway, I assume Anwyl would charge the same price as his regular fee of 50 gold, so I could get him to do it for...43 gold, I think.
"I'm afraid my discounts are not worth much for such small deals," I cough apologetically.

Matthias nods, having anticipated most of Pretzel's answer. "Perhaps not worth it to you, but it always seems like I'm a few pennies short of my needs. And while I'm not selling that gem, or this one," the gnome puts his Ethereal Garnet on the table and reaches into his pouch to pull out two Ethereal Opals, "I might part with one of these, for the right price. In any case, I would like the Ruby merged with that cannon, and the Garnet and one Opal merged with these greaves as well." The tiny gnome unstraps his Greaves of the Aubergine Dragoon - which are obviously too big and causing him no small discomfort - and pushes them towards the artisan. "Maybe you can have your colleagues readjust the greaves to fit a smaller frame as well? Would 128 85 gold be sufficient to cover those expenses?" Adding a pouch of gold to the pile, Matthias looks up at Pretzel.

Spoiler

XX Replica Handcannon - Merge Ethereal Ruby - 50 43 gold
Greaves of the Aubergine Dragoon - Merge Ethereal Garnet and Ethereal Opal - 100 85 42 gold

Raising his voice, Matthias adds for the whole room to hear, "If anyone here is interested in a Pongcanis Crossbow, a Crocodile Handbag, or a pair of Winged Sandals, let me know!"

Edited by StickFig
Ruling on one ethereal gem per item

"Readjust the size?" I laugh incredulously, then, realizing the gnome was serious, I cough politely. "Ahem! I will see what I can do about that. That money won't cover the resizement, but I half suspect they wouldn't do it anyway...well, maybe I can talk to them, and afterwards we can talk about that other gem of yours."

Returning to the hall, I hand Matthias the cannon and the boots in replace of his greaves.

"I got them upgraded. Boots are trending again these days according to the fashionistas, you know?"

I say it as casually as possible.

Matthias picks up the greaves Gnomish Rocket Boots admiringly. "Rocket boots? Those will do nicely!" He kicks off his sandals and pulls the boots on. "Much more comfortable than those cumbersome greaves. Thank you."

"You seemed interested in this last Ethereal Opal," the gnome adds, once he has the boots adjusted to his liking. He lays out a few other items on the table. "I'm also looking to get rid of this Grating Stone, a Crocodile Handbag, this Pongcanis Crossbow, and a pair of Winged Sandals, each for the right price. Anything you fancy?" Never a confident salesman, the gnome rushes through his list and blushes slightly under his top hat.

On 11/10/2016 at 9:04 PM, StickFig said:

"You seemed interested in this last Ethereal Opal," the gnome adds, once he has the boots adjusted to his liking. He lays out a few other items on the table. "I'm also looking to get rid of this Grating Stone, a Crocodile Handbag, this Pongcanis Crossbow, and a pair of Winged Sandals, each for the right price. Anything you fancy?" Never a confident salesman, the gnome rushes through his list and blushes slightly under his top hat.

Oops, didn't realize I never got back to you on this. :blush:

"I find it rather amusing that a hero is trying to sell a handbag. Good luck with that!" I laugh merrily. "I don't think I'm in need of any of those particular items. But the Ethereal Opal is tempting. What would you say to 250 gold?"

"Hold it right there." Jinnipher strode over to the gnome and monk bartering over a gem. "I'm prepared to offer 300 gold and this Myyrh for that Ethereal Opal."

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I find it rather amusing that a hero is trying to sell a handbag. Good luck with that!" I laugh merrily. "I don't think I'm in need of any of those particular items. But the Ethereal Opal is tempting. What would you say to 250 gold?"

1 hour ago, JimBee said:

"Hold it right there." Jinnipher strode over to the gnome and monk bartering over a gem. "I'm prepared to offer 300 gold and this Myyrh for that Ethereal Opal."

"Monk Pretzel, I admit I prefer the lady's offer. Care to start a bidding war?" Matthias turns to the conversation's newcomer. "A well timed counter-offer, Lady ...?"

Edited by StickFig
wow this formatting engine sucks

Just now, StickFig said:

"Monk Pretzel, I admit I prefer the lady's offer. Care to start a bidding war?" Matthias turns to the conversation's newcomer. "A well timed counter-offer, Lady ...?"

"Just Jinnipher. I might have the looks, but I'm no lady." She rests a manicured hand on the gnome's shoulder, having to bend over slightly. Her elven genes lent themselves to a tall and slender form. "Your hat says you're a gentleman but that cannon twice the twice of you would suggest otherwise. Let's have a drink over it, shortcake." She waved for a couple of meads to be brought over.

Matthias' senses tingling, SHE'S A BLOODY ELF, the gnome nonetheless pushes his cannon onto a chair and perches on it so he can reach the proffered tankard. "Well, Lady Jinnipher, 300 gold sounds pretty good, and I've never used Myrrh before... but I was hoping to get another gem in trade to extend my collection. It seems there's no good source of gems - or scrolls, for that matter - around Eubric at the moment, so I can't part too readily with the ones I have."

"As much as I hate to bump a lady out of business, I do not feel half badly about it this time since she was the one who interrupted a deal and I'm sure that I can match anything she can offer unless she's offering..." I trail off.
But tell me, what gem are you looking for, gnome? ...Er, I don't believe I know the name...?"

Matthias tips his hat to both Pretzel and Buchaire. "My name is Matthias; what am I looking for?" Pondering for a moment, Matthias realizes his lack of gem and scroll pricing knowledge means he could very quickly be out of his depth. "I'm looking for Adamatite, diamonds, sapphires, emeralds - gems of all kinds but opals... scrolls... and lots of gold." Trailing off, he finishes weakly, hoping that the two - and others - will bid themselves up without much goading.

Edited by StickFig
Ruling on one ethereal gem per item

9 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias' senses tingling, SHE'S A BLOODY ELF, the gnome nonetheless pushes his cannon onto a chair and perches on it so he can reach the proffered tankard. "Well, Lady Jinnipher, 300 gold sounds pretty good, and I've never used Myrrh before... but I was hoping to get another gem in trade to extend my collection. It seems there's no good source of gems - or scrolls, for that matter - around Eubric at the moment, so I can't part too readily with the ones I have."

"All I have is another Opal that I'd have to take out of my sword. Myrrh... I don't know. I think it makes you feel tingly and if spellcasting is your thing, it helps with that."

"As much as I hate to bump a lady out of business, I do not feel half badly about it this time since she was the one who interrupted a deal and I'm sure that I can match anything she can offer unless she's offering..." I trail off.
But tell me, what gem are you looking for, gnome? ...Er, I don't believe I know the name...?"

Jinnipher rolled her eyes, but then smirked. "Don't tell me you've ever had the pleasure of fruitful negotiation in your long, illustrious career, monk. I'm sure you were once ripe and voluptious, long ago."

3 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias tips his hat to both Pretzel and Buchaire. "My name is Matthias; what am I looking for?" Pondering for a moment, Matthias realizes his lack of gem and scroll pricing knowledge means he could very quickly be out of his depth. "I'm looking for Adamatite, diamonds, sapphires, emeralds... ethereal gems of all kinds but opals... scrolls... and lots of gold." Trailing off, he finishes weakly, hoping that the two - and others - will bid themselves up without much goading.

The moon elf frowned. "I don't have any of those precious items you're looking for. Now look, I offered a good deal. If the monk doesn't have anything better to offer than you'd better accept mine."

1 hour ago, JimBee said:

The moon elf frowned. "I don't have any of those precious items you're looking for. Now look, I offered a good deal. If the monk doesn't have anything better to offer than you'd better accept mine."

The truth will out, Matthias thinks to himself. Bloody elves. He looks hard at Buchaire. "Maybe. Or maybe I'll just wait."

Edited by StickFig
Can we have a code (not WYSIWYG) editor again, please?

"Hmm...I could give you a Diamond, but I will have to remove it from one of my weapons which will cost...How about a Diamond and 250 gold?"

"Hmm...I could give you a Diamond, but I will have to remove it from one of my weapons which will cost...How about a Diamond and 250 gold?"

Matthias lets the man's offer hang in the air for a moment, wondering if anyone else wants to bid. Hearing nothing, he accepts. "I think that will do. The diamond and 207 gold, if you'll have the gem merged with my XX handcannon."

Dejected from yet another failed deal, Jinnipher rises from her seat and goes to sit alone at the bar. "Hmph."

"Well, Matthias. It's a deal. Just hand me your cannon."

"Now, now, elf. Don't be so distraught. You surely didn't expect your charms to work on the poor gnome. Save it for when you're questing."

On 11/15/2016 at 3:14 AM, JimBee said:

"Don't tell me you've ever had the pleasure of fruitful negotiation in your long, illustrious career, monk. I'm sure you were once ripe and voluptious, long ago."

"Ugh! Thank God, no. If you think I was once a baby and grew and am increasing in age and headed for my deathbed, you are wrong little lady."

Heading out to the marketplace, I return with Matthias' cannon, and hand him the 207 gold on top.

"I hope it serves you well." I say, nodding towards the cannon.

Edited by Palathadric

22 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I hope it serves you well." I say, nodding towards the cannon.

Matthias tips his hat to Pretzel. "I'm sure it will."