Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Namyrra barely made it in the door before being overwhelmed by potential buyers. Blushing a bit from all the attention she set about answering them all in good order.

On 01/11/2016 at 8:37 PM, wiz said:

Cedric walks up to the Fenarian who posted the notice. "That Schmitar interests me. How about 80 gold and a mulled wine now, and 100 gold later?"

"Kid, I have to admit that's a bit less than I was thinking, the amethyst imbued in it alone is worth 150 gold, so you're basically offering 85 gold for the blade itself."

On 01/11/2016 at 9:09 PM, Palathadric said:

"Namyrra, I would like to purchase a Garnet and Sapphire from you. Do I have any item of interest to you? Or do you prefer I pay in gold?"

"Certainly master Pretzel, they're yours. And if I remember correctly from our recent quest you're in posession of two scrolls of blindness, surely you only need one? So would you be willing to give me one plus 150 gold for the gems?"

22 hours ago, Flipz said:

"Ah!  Thank you, Namyrra.  Might I trouble you to exchange 500 of that gold for a Cornucopia from the Sungold store?  I'm also in the market for a Ruby, if you're open to it."  Arthur slides back the requisite 650 gold total.  "I'm glad to hear the gloves are serving you well.  Out of curiosity, where exactly did they serve you?  It's been quite some time since we made our deal, but I don't think I've seen you since.  Long Quest?"

"Ok, I guess I can get you one of those.. and certainly, the ruby you can have. As for where we've been we just returned from the town of Goetia in the Heartland where we banished another archdemon and killed the witch known as Baba. Though that last part was all due to master Hybros' impressive proficiency as a marauder, he took care of her very thoroughly."

2 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald notices a lot of fuss around him. He stands up and looks for the source. He sees someone is selling a lot of items. Torald makes his way over and sees a shield.

hmm.. maybe I can use that. I can go as high as 70 gold for this fine shield. Is that a deal?

"That's a fair enough price, master whoever-you-are, the shield is yours."

Althior returns to the hall after a while. He supports his weight on his cane, a twinge if gray going through his hair. He had gotten older over the years. He slowly makes his way up to the bar, stopping by Jinnipher before he progresses. "250 for the gloves," he states, not requests.

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"And what do you mean by that, Missy? I hope you're not getting all self-righteous on me. My loyalties are with Heroica and if I can help other heroes get what they need to do their work, then I'll do it. The marketplace owes its existence to me, so no, I don't feel bad if I use the discount they give me to help other heroes. I have been helping heroes in this way for years, if others want to run counterfeit businesses, that's their business, they can copy me if they like, but copycats rarely have the good intentions of the founding artists."

"It's good to see you again, Arthur. What have you been up to lately? I had a rather fulfilling quest just now with Namyrra and quite a few of the other gents around. And how have you been Jinnipher? Don't seem to have gotten any sweeter since we last met."

Jinnipher snorted. "If I was talking about you old man, you would know it. What's the point in these house alliances if heroes are just going to turn around and sell their wares on the black market for profit? There's no honor or loyalty in that, and if I were the Hinckwells or Shadeaux I would be quick about removing any turncoats in my ranks."

"Being sweet has never been my mission. If it was I'd probably be buried in ash back in Moone, along with the rest of my people. Fortunately I have the gall to behead anyone who gets in my way. I'd be surprised if you survived this long with just sugar and spice, atar."

24 minutes ago, K-Nut said:

Althior returns to the hall after a while. He supports his weight on his cane, a twinge if gray going through his hair. He had gotten older over the years. He slowly makes his way up to the bar, stopping by Jinnipher before he progresses. "250 for the gloves," he states, not requests.

The Moon Elf surveyed Prophet with a raised eyebrow for a moment before producing the Gloves of the Aspirant Zieg-friend (Spellpower +5, Max Ether +5; suitable to those with reputation among the Ziegfrieds only; if reputation is great, values are doubled; if reputation is outstanding, values are tripled; handwear), from her bag and handing them over in exchange for the gold. "Gods know I'll never use these. Spellcasting is for pansies, and they're not even my color."

16 hours ago, Quarryman said:

"Certainly master Pretzel, they're yours. And if I remember correctly from our recent quest you're in posession of two scrolls of blindness, surely you only need one? So would you be willing to give me one plus 150 gold for the gems?"

"I will be keeping the two scrolls as one of them I will be merging into an artifact," I cough apologetically.

"I do hope you can find a good scroll though. I could lend you one of mine for now as I'm not ready to train as a Cleric again yet."

I hand Namyrra 300 gold.

16 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"No, we've met before. I distinctly remember speaking to you about demons and other things, although in terms of questing together, that's another story." Karie carefully lifts up the fiddle, looking it over, her fingers running over the instrument. It's smokey maroon wood had a singed smell to it as Karie inspected the fiddle closer.  She tunes it, playing a quick and jaunty couple of notes. She could feel an unnatural warmth rise from the instrument as she played. "It's nice. It's really nice.  How does 200 gold sound?"

"Ah, yes, quite. I remember now. No wonder your face looked so familiar. Apologies for forgetting. Normally, I would see 200 gold as being a rather small offer for this instrument. However, considering that I've got far too much in my inventory and I have no use for them, I am tempted to consider...
...Would 250 sound agreeable to you?"

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Ah, yes, quite. I remember now. No wonder your face looked so familiar. Apologies for forgetting. Normally, I would see 200 gold as being a rather small offer for this instrument. However, considering that I've got far too much in my inventory and I have no use for them, I am tempted to consider...
...Would 250 sound agreeable to you?"

"Eh, no problem. I've forgotten folks as well." Karie remarks, waving her hands. "250 gold, eh... yeah, I can do 250 gold." Karie adds the extra coins before handing 250 gold over to Pretzel (1827-250=1577 gold). She takes the Demonic Fiddle and begins to tune it. "My appreciation, Pretzel."

21 hours ago, Quarryman said:

"That's a fair enough price, master whoever-you-are, the shield is yours."

Nice. Thanks! Torald searches around in his pockets and manage to find 70 gold. He hands it over and takes the shield. Thanks again, nice doing business with you! By the way, the name is Torald. But master sounds good too. 

Edited by Alfadas

16 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Eh, no problem. I've forgotten folks as well." Karie remarks, waving her hands. "250 gold, eh... yeah, I can do 250 gold." Karie adds the extra coins before handing 250 gold over to Pretzel (1827-250=1577 gold). She takes the Demonic Fiddle and begins to tune it. "My appreciation, Pretzel."

"Not a problem. I hope it enables you to liven up the hall and do much good in the world."

On 11/1/2016 at 7:32 PM, JimBee said:

"Ehehm, that reminds me, did you ever pick up that item that I forgot to buy from Zed? I just returned from Goetia... We managed to prolong our time on this world by fending off those from another, heheh. Another archdemon is slain, along with this Baba witch that everyone has been so worried about here lately..."

"Zed??  Oh, you mean Zeus...I liked him.  He--wait, what?!"

On 11/2/2016 at 0:13 PM, Palathadric said:

"Of course, of course. I'll go get them for you at once."

"And what do you mean by that, Missy? I hope you're not getting all self-righteous on me. My loyalties are with Heroica and if I can help other heroes get what they need to do their work, then I'll do it. The marketplace owes its existence to me, so no, I don't feel bad if I use the discount they give me to help other heroes. I have been helping heroes in this way for years, if others want to run counterfeit businesses, that's their business, they can copy me if they like, but copycats rarely have the good intentions of the founding artists."

Having said that, I turn on my heels, heading to the marketplace.

I return shortly later with Arthur's purchases and hand them to him.

"It's good to see you again, Arthur. What have you been up to lately? I had a rather fulfilling quest just now with Namyrra and quite a few of the other gents around. And how have you been Jinnipher? Don't seem to have gotten any sweeter since we last met."

"By the way, Arthur," I say in a quieter voice. "I know where to get Mythril, if you're interested. I can get it for 1000 gold, so I'd charge you 1180 or something. No pressure, but I know a lot of heroes were interested in that stuff a while ago."

On 11/2/2016 at 2:04 PM, Quarryman said:

"Ok, I guess I can get you one of those.. and certainly, the ruby you can have. As for where we've been we just returned from the town of Goetia in the Heartland where we banished another archdemon and killed the witch known as Baba. Though that last part was all due to master Hybros' impressive proficiency as a marauder, he took care of her very thoroughly."

Arthur looks back and forth from Namyrra to Pretzel to Hybros.  "...she's dead?  Truly, finally dead?"  Arthur focuses on Hybros.  "Then you have my thanks.  And likely the thanks of my family, too, were it not for the...ridiculous political nonsense we've let ourselves get wrapped up in.  If there's anything I can help you with...anything at all...let me know.  The Ziegfrieds owe you a debt, even if we can't officially admit it, and I would be happy to help repay it."

"Baba's dead? Good riddance." Karie states, raising a glass to the homecoming heroes. "Never met the woman myself, but from what I heard she was nothing but bad news. Glad to hear the world's a little bit safer."

23 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur looks back and forth from Namyrra to Pretzel to Hybros.  "...she's dead?  Truly, finally dead?"  Arthur focuses on Hybros.  "Then you have my thanks.  And likely the thanks of my family, too, were it not for the...ridiculous political nonsense we've let ourselves get wrapped up in.  If there's anything I can help you with...anything at all...let me know.  The Ziegfrieds owe you a debt, even if we can't officially admit it, and I would be happy to help repay it."

The sudden commotion perks Dyric's ears, and hurries over.

The witch has been killed? Are we sure of this? 

On 11/1/2016 at 1:52 PM, Quarryman said:

Looking for:
Sigil of the Cold Circle

Hoke let's the marauder contemplate his offer and moves to talk to the pale necromancer.

"Are you looking for this?" he asks as he holds out the Sigil of the Cold Circle.

7 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke let's the marauder contemplate his offer and moves to talk to the pale necromancer.

"Are you looking for this?" he asks as he holds out the Sigil of the Cold Circle.

"Oh, hi master Ablesword, it's been a while, what have you been up to? And yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for, would 350 gold be acceptable?"

On 11/1/2016 at 8:25 PM, wiz said:

"I can't help but overhear; I get my wares from the Sungold Alliance. You non-Sungolds give me money, and I buy from their shop. You could join, too, I'm sure they'd accept you after that slaver fiasco.

"Sungold Alliance?" Matthias looks puzzled; it's obvious that he's still not caught up on events since his journey to Etheria. "Are they a new House in the City?"

On 11/1/2016 at 9:32 PM, JimBee said:

"Ehehm, that reminds me, did you ever pick up that item that I forgot to buy from Zed? I just returned from Goetia... We managed to prolong our time on this world by fending off those from another, heheh. Another archdemon is slain, along with this Baba witch that everyone has been so worried about here lately..."

On 11/4/2016 at 5:41 PM, Flipz said:

"Zed??  Oh, you mean Zeus...I liked him."

The gnome rubbs his head confusedly until Ziegfried speaks up, then the memory arrives. "Ah, of course!" Fishing out the Toxic Hood from a pouch, Matthias extends it towards the imp. "Zeus charged me 200 gold. I had quite forgotten why I bought it."

Edited by StickFig
Spelling

On 11/4/2016 at 11:41 PM, Flipz said:

"Truly and finally dead," I affirm. "Along with her archdemon cohort. Don't be like that Arthur. We all wanted to see her dead, anyone who knew her at least. You don't owe us anything."

2 hours ago, StickFig said:

"Sungold Alliance?" Matthias looks puzzled; it's obvious that he's still not caught up on events since his journey to Etheria. "Are they a new House in the City?"

"The Sungold Alliance is the Bonapartes, the Hinkwells, and the Ziegfrieds banded together against the Crescent Union, which is the Ji Pei, the Shadeaux, and the Guild of Invision. Both sides also oppose the Wolfgang."

19 hours ago, Quarryman said:

"Oh, hi master Ablesword, it's been a while, what have you been up to? And yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for, would 350 gold be acceptable?"

"Indeed," Hoke says as he hands of the artefact and pockets the gold.

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Truly and finally dead," I affirm. "Along with her archdemon cohort. Don't be like that Arthur. We all wanted to see her dead, anyone who knew her at least. You don't owe us anything."

Well then - it's over. I will admit to being a bit remiss that I was never able to confront the witch - but I suppose I've had plenty of witch-confronting in my life.

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Well then - it's over. I will admit to being a bit remiss that I was never able to confront the witch - but I suppose I've had plenty of witch-confronting in my life.

"Glad to know you think so highly of me." Karie muttered moodily under her breath before taking a large swig of the drink she toasted with earlier.

Just now, Kintobor said:

"Glad to know you think so highly of me." Karie muttered moodily under her breath before taking a large swig of the drink she toasted with earlier.

I don't recall saying anything of you, Alderflask - not do I recall you being so quick to offend.

11 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I don't recall saying anything of you, Alderflask - not do I recall you being so quick to offend.

"Oh, sorry, you must of misheard me. I said I'm glad to know the hall will never run dry of mead." Karie retorts with a wry smile, surprised Dyric heard her. She returns to her drink, lifting it in a mocking toast, laughing to herself.

Edited by Kintobor

Just now, Kintobor said:

"Oh, sorry, you must of misheard me. I said I'm glad to know the hall will never run dry of mead." Karie retorts with a wry smile, surprised Dyric heard her. She returns to her drink, lifting it in a mocking toast, laughing to herself.

Very true. I swear - even if the whole building were to be torn down, by some miracle the taps would keep flowing.

2 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Very true. I swear - even if the whole building were to be torn down, by some miracle the taps would keep flowing.

"Well, I suppose we agree on one thing." Karie nodded back civilly. She still hated Dyric and what he and Thothwick forced upon her, a decision she ultimately partook in. It had been years. Thothwick and Dyric's betrayal was years ago. She thought on her own past, and the act she pulled with the Syndicate. Was that any worse off than what Dyric did? She still felt hurt after what he did. It gave context to her own betrayal, and it made her feel even more guilty. She simmered over her drink as she turned her attention elsewhere. She stood up and headed for the doors of Heroica Hall, bundling herself up as she left.

---

The doors to Heroica Hall opened broadly as Annienal returned, with a steaming mug of cocoa in her armoured hands. She blew on it gently before ascending the steps to the bar. She grabbed a seat and took of her helmet, her cheeks rosy from the cold. She quickly began taking brief sips of her drink, attempting to warm herself up.

11 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Indeed," Hoke says as he hands of the artefact and pockets the gold.

"Excellent." Namyrra hands over 350 gold and equips the Sigil.