Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Jinnipher rolled her eyes from a corner at the bar. "If you got Gabriel in here on the piano you could start a band." She snorted. "With the giant as the frontman. Now that would liven this place up."

"An excellent idea." Karie replied, ignoring Jinnipher's obvious and noted sarcasm. "You of all people should know where he is. Why don't you go fetch him for me?" Karie smirked.

"Weird how none of the minstrels here seem to play much... Maybe they can only do it in battle? Weird adrenaline thing, maybe." I ponder, still nursing a mead.

22 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Weird how none of the minstrels here seem to play much... Maybe they can only do it in battle? Weird adrenaline thing, maybe." I ponder, still nursing a mead.

"If that's a request, in that case." Karie began to strum on her guitar, trying to add a bit of musical ambience to the hall.

6 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

Blizzard wakes up from the green one's singing. He angrily roars at him.

"Oi! Conduct yourself properly mate, or you'll find yourself with a guitar shaped indent on the side of your head." Karie barked back. She continued to play her guitar but keep an eye on the yeti.

The door of the Hall opens and Torald hurries inside. He looks around the Hall, sees an empty chair near a fireplace and sits down into it. Not long after the sounds of snoring fill the Hall, clashing with the music. 

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Oi! Conduct yourself properly mate, or you'll find yourself with a guitar shaped indent on the side of your head." Karie barked back. She continued to play her guitar but keep an eye on the yeti.

"Sorry. Blizzard gets angry when he gets tired. And green giant man wake Blizzard."

I smile as the music starts.

"Took you for a singer, not a guitarist. You're pretty good, though."

Edited by Endgame

On 10/19/2016 at 11:04 PM, Kintobor said:

Karie shuffled over to Vind, guitar in hand.

"You make that tune up yourself? Can't say I've heard it before."

An old song of the North, It brings back . . . memories.

On 10/21/2016 at 0:03 PM, Kintobor said:

"An excellent idea." Karie replied, ignoring Jinnipher's obvious and noted sarcasm. "You of all people should know where he is. Why don't you go fetch him for me?" Karie smirked.

The corner of Vindsval's mouth curls up slightly as Karie cuts back at their bitter traveling companion.

Wonderful suggestion Mistress.

2 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

"Sorry. Blizzard gets angry when he gets tired. And green giant man wake Blizzard."

Calm yourself White One,  You do not wish to anger that one.  Or me for that matter.  If you want sleep, leave.  If you would welcome companionship, temper your tongue and join in.  Your kind know the rhythm of the ice.  Bend your knuckles and strike the beat.

Edited by Asphalt

"Well, Blizzard more of a singer than a player..." Blizzard lets out several long, beautiful, roars in harmony. "... But Blizzard see role gone. Blizzard will go to the library and nap. It so quiet there. Blizzard wonder why." And with that, Blizzard goes to the library.

7 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

"That's still no reason to shout." Karie responded. She turned her attention away from the yeti and back to Vindsval.

5 hours ago, Endgame said:

I smile as the music starts.

"Took you for a singer, not a guitarist. You're pretty good, though."

"You'd be surprised what I can do." Karie grinned, although it quickly turned into a sheepish smile. "That was, um, not meant to be an innuendo... seriously though, do you know how many times I've fixed the doors to Heroica Hall?"

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

The corner of Vindsval's mouth curls up slightly as Karie cuts back at their bitter traveling companion.

Wonderful suggestion Mistress.

As much as she felt off by it, Karie realized Vindsval was never going to stop calling her mistress. "Can't say it's one I've heard before. Then again, I can't say I've heard a lot about giant culture before I joined Heroica." Karie stated. She'd been looking for someone to collaborate with her on something. She didn't expect to find it in Vindsval. "It's been quiet these past few months. To be honest though, I've been really enjoying it. The fight against Immortalis put a lot of strain on me, and I've been wanting to find a way to spend my time doing something alongside looking after my daughter. So, I took some of that time and applied it to writing a small play with musical interludes. To be honest though, t's a bit... half cooked. Vind, how familiar are you with the theatre arts?" Karie asked inquisitively. Her lips curled up in a curious smile as she clasped her hands together and raised them closer to her face.

9 hours ago, Asphalt said:

"You might not be so foreign to the orocund as you think. It reminds me of our own songs," added Miderun from another side of the saloon, after taking a seat moments before. She'd, briefly, tried getting used to the inactivity of the Hall to no avail. "...only Common is....very....." she shrugged. "..it still does not sound right."

12 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"You'd be surprised what I can do." Karie grinned, although it quickly turned into a sheepish smile. "That was, um, not meant to be an innuendo... seriously though, do you know how many times I've fixed the doors to Heroica Hall?"

"I wasn't going to interpret the remark like that, goes to show where your mind has been.

And no. I wasn't aware they ever broke."

16 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"That's still no reason to shout." Karie responded. She turned her attention away from the yeti and back to Vindsval.

As much as she felt off by it, Karie realized Vindsval was never going to stop calling her mistress. "Can't say it's one I've heard before. Then again, I can't say I've heard a lot about giant culture before I joined Heroica." Karie stated. She'd been looking for someone to collaborate with her on something. She didn't expect to find it in Vindsval. "It's been quiet these past few months. To be honest though, I've been really enjoying it. The fight against Immortalis put a lot of strain on me, and I've been wanting to find a way to spend my time doing something alongside looking after my daughter. So, I took some of that time and applied it to writing a small play with musical interludes. To be honest though, t's a bit... half cooked. Vind, how familiar are you with the theatre arts?" Karie asked inquisitively. Her lips curled up in a curious smile as she clasped her hands together and raised them closer to her face.

I know little of the Theater.  What I have seen has been afar.  Few traveling performers wanted a child like me sitting in their front row when they came to a town to earn coin.   There was once a man who offered to buy me from my father to play the beast in his traveling show, but as you can see the offer was declined.  Human put great stock in the theater do they not?  There are those who devote their lives to becoming someone else.  There are times when I can see the attraction.  Though for entertainment I find myself drawn more to  a masterful told story, in the dead of night, beneath the stars around a roaring fire.  Friends and mead close.  Tell me your story Karie, It would please me to hear it.

Cedric sits down on a chair in the hall, next to Kheyli.

"Rarely do I see a fairy in a mercenary guild, or anywhere for that matter. Where do you come from?"

Matthias wanders into the Hall, orders a cider, and sits at an empty table.

The overall toxicity in the room raises as Heckz theatrically opens the doors and looks for an empty table. As every newbie, rookie or all around person that is lesser than him has taken up every table already, he decides to sit at the bar.

"Wine. And, if possible, I don't want any diseases seeing as you haven't cleaned your hands in ages."

Scheherazade glares at him and spits in his drink while he isn't looking.

He takes out his Fifty Shades of Bley and reads it thoroughly, hoping to distract himself of the painful noise that the 'Too Much Makeup' girl (he forgot her name) was producing.

Torald, in a slightly tipsy state, sees his old quest-mate walk into the Hall. He sneaks up on Heckz, who is busy reading something, and welcomes him with a friendly punch on the shoulder. He politely asks Sheherazade for another ale. He turns to Heckz. So, how's my vain complainer? Doing well I hope?

Hoke enters the Hall once again after a walk about the city.  There was something not right, but he couldn't put a name to it.  He unslung his pack and settled down into his chair to watch the flames dance in the hearth.

On 10/2/2016 at 6:29 PM, Scubacarrot said:

Guts checks the pockets off his coat and pack. He's got a bunch of stuff he has no use for and he's pretty sure not all of it belongs to him...

Hoke notices Guts and sees a pack full of items he is not using.  He makes his way over and sees something interesting.

"What would you take for this," he asks as he holds up the Mail of the Renegade Commander.

20 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald, in a slightly tipsy state, sees his old quest-mate walk into the Hall. He sneaks up on Heckz, who is busy reading something, and welcomes him with a friendly punch on the shoulder. He politely asks Sheherazade for another ale. He turns to Heckz. So, how's my vain complainer? Doing well I hope?

Torald clearly bruised Heckz and as a result the barbarian received a very enraged glare.

"You idiot! How dare you even graze my highly-expensive leather jacket! You may have even bruised my skin! MY SKIN! I don't know if you even learned manners in your little tribe, Albert,  but where I come from we show respect to people that are worth more than us."

He then raises his voice even more.

"As a matter of fact, respect for me is exactly what has been missing in this dreadful hall."

2 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

Torald clearly bruised Heckz and as a result the barbarian received a very enraged glare.

"You idiot! How dare you even graze my highly-expensive leather jacket! You may have even bruised my skin! MY SKIN! I don't know if you even learned manners in your little tribe, Albert,  but where I come from we show respect to people that are worth more than us."

"As a matter of fact, respect for me is exactly what has been missing in this dreadful hall."

Torald starts laughing. Just as I remembered! 

8 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

Matthias groans comically at his table.

On 10/27/2016 at 9:29 PM, Alfadas said:

Torald starts laughing. Just as I remembered! 

Heckz is outright baffled by the barbarian's reaction. Most of the time, idiots would wrongly call him an idiot instead. Heckz seems to calm down and chugs down his whole glass.

"Just... leave me alone."

32 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

Heckz is outright baffled by the barbarian's reaction. Most of the time, idiots would wrongly call him an idiot instead. Heckz seems to calm down and chugs down his whole glass.

"Just... leave me alone."

Torald makes a pretend-sad face. Ooh, okay. See you around then. He walks back to his chair by the fire and starts staring into it. 

On 10/25/2016 at 11:56 AM, StickFig said:

Matthias wanders into the Hall, orders a cider, and sits at an empty table.

On 10/27/2016 at 7:07 PM, StickFig said:

Matthias groans comically at his table.

"Tiring, isn't it?" Arthur says with a sigh as he seats himself at Matthias' table.  "I've been gone for weeks, but I walk back in and it's all the same.  At least a few more Heroes have arrived from their missions, though.  Good to have everyone in one place for once."  Arthur glances around casually.  "So, how are things in the world?  Anything new to be worried about?"