Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Ezeran heads over to the board and sees his name on the list. He waves towards the others at the table and heads for the marketplace. He would like to resupply some things before heading out to the fields. The symbiont is widely awake and grinning ferociously.

Keliim drinks his mead. And follows Ezeran to the questboard. He can see his own name as one that had been choosen.

"A good group but the lack of a healer will make it harder." He thought to himself and was a bit disappointed that master Vindsval was not among the choosen. Then he and Fenri the wolf left for the marketplace.

Edited by Mencot

Vindsval Watches the chosen fielders leave the hall.

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

He calls as they head off to their new adventure.

Chosen Heroes for Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

Ezeran Yavarr (Mystic Modulus)

Kiray Nastayo (KotZ)

Keliim the Warrior (Mencot)

Siercon (Siercon & Coral)

The Demon Germ (samuraiturtle)

Please report to the fields within 24hrs.

Hhhmmm, I might want to get some armor.

OoC:

I "might" be a little slow getting out there, just a heads up incase.

Vindsval Watches the chosen fielders leave the hall.

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

He calls as they head off to their new adventure.

"Trust me, there is little hunting," remarked Miderun as she pulled up a chair to Vindsval's table with a smile, punching the half giant in the shoulder in greeting. Or maybe to see if the armor was adequate enough. "The suulo just walk right up to you. How are you il cend? It seems as though both of us have taken up a shield."

Safer maybe, happier certainly. He was never one to be held within walls.

My friend our companions seem to receive more than enough grievous blows to keep 10 times our number busy for a lifetime. You have little need to fear our services being rendered unneeded.

"Ah, then you have little reason to worry, my friend."

Na'im chuckles "Doubtless that is so, but too few seem to recognise the usefullness of a good healer these days, given that those who take our path are becoming fewer and fewer."

"Trust me, there is little hunting," remarked Miderun as she pulled up a chair to Vindsval's table with a smile, punching the half giant in the shoulder in greeting. Or maybe to see if the armor was adequate enough. "The suulo just walk right up to you. How are you il cend? It seems as though both of us have taken up a shield."

Na'im nods at Miderun as she comes over to talk to Vindisval, but says nothing, content to sip his drink and listen to the old friends talk

Edited by Enceladus

After a long absence, a figure clad in all black, a mask clinging to his face, pinching the pale skin where it connects, shuffles back into the Hall. He finds a dark corner and sulks there, as he guesses he has to do now.

Vindsval Hears Germ Muttering about armor.

If you wish for armor, I may have a set to lend.

Almost not hearing he he goes up to him and ask.

What did you have in mind. I was thinking of getting the "Midnight's Armor".

But, if you are loning out stuff how about that "wood sword" (or that "ice sword") it would help if I run into some "zombies" out their.

Jinnipher wondered how she was forgotten on the sign up sheet for the Fields of Glory, but shrugged and took another swig from her flask.

"Yeah, but explodey dragons are notoriously - NOTORIOUSLY - dangerous, it's not like... Well, I have no clue where I'm going with this.

But half the cropulation... That's, that's no good. Your family and friends and whatever are 'kay, after that, right?"

"As okay as anyone can be after something like that. Who's to say someone else won't come along and try the same thing? I can't always be there to protect them."

Naim glances apologetically at the elf "I really do apologise my dear, but master Vindisval really does appear to have a better deal. Nothing personal at all. Maybe some other time."

Naim claps his hand and laughs "Well there seems to be quite a tale to me! I have heard legends of the lost generation of heroes, but I never heard one re-joined Heroica after all these years. What called you back: adventure, glory, gold beyond measure?" Naim suggests

Naim smiles wryly "Of a sort-our origins are now so shrouded in myth, superstition and petty religion that no one really knows how we came to be anymore, least of all ourselves." he sighs "We are more alike than you imagine my dear-you could be describing my people there. We too are a dying race, our population only sustained through opening our borders to refugees and outcasts. If we do not learn to cooperate with the star elves I fear we will both become little more than footnotes in history in time-lengthy footnotes, but footnotes all the same."

"Fine then." She swiped up the gold and Myyrh again. "Certainly not the company. I've been hearing that Eubric's been going through some changes. I came to see them for myself. It looks like the city is barely being held together, with Heroica in the middle of everyone's business. It's the perfect place to set up shop for someone like me."

Jinnipher snorted at the mention of Star Elves. "A bunch of stuck up pansies who think they're too good for anyone else. You'd be better off finding a new place to live than argue with them, if you ask me."

He is waiting for Vindsval to make up his mind.

Oh, their was hunting out there. It was we were the one being hunted. It might be a new experience for you being hunted not the hunter.

Vindsval Hears Germ Muttering about armor.

If you wish for armor, I may have a set to lend.

If it would help. You could hold on to this Gold Bar. While I use one of those swords.

Here take these for the time being.

Vindsval unslings The Ignis Blade and the Gia Blade and hands them hilt first to the Demon Germ.

Good Luck

Vindsval loans the Demon germ

Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, (Beasts, Icey, and Plants) gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; great-sword)

Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores SP foes weak to Wood,(aquatic and Rock) gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; great-sword

Here take these for the time being.

Vindsval unslings The Ignis Blade and the Gia Blade and hands them hilt first to the Demon Germ.

Good Luck

Vindsval loans the Demon germ

Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, (Beasts, Icey, and Plants) gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; great-sword)

Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores SP foes weak to Wood,(aquatic and Rock) gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; great-sword

Cool, Thanks. He takes the Gold Bar and puts it in Vindsval big hand. Little relive not having to carry the heavy object for the time being. Don't worry I won't lose the blades.

Done with that he ends up heading up heading to the Fields of Glory.

Vindsval reaches out and grips Miderun affectionately across the shoulders, and gives her a firm squeeze. He refrains from lifting her into the air as he did Annie. Thought could go poorly for both of them. He smiles broadly.

​I am well and Well met Little Sister. I have indeed donned the shield since we last fought together. The Wanderer came to me in a vision. I had learned all I could from the Witchery Way. He was in need of a warrior priest to spread the word of him though this land. He has grown concerned of the weakness he sees in these southern lands. I was instructed to take the sigil of our first mighty beast. The scorpion of the isles, you remember it do you not? I have taken the mantle of Scorpion Knight, First Paladin of the Wanderer. This shield served me most well in the battles against the Lord of the Sky. What path do you now follow Miderun, surely not that of a knight.

Cool, Thanks. He takes the Gold Bar and puts it in Vindsval big hand. Little relive not having to carry the heavy object for the time being. Don't worry I won't lose the blades.

Done with that he ends up heading up heading to the Fields of Glory.

He looks down at the lump of gold in his hand.

The collateral was unneeded Master Germ, but I will hold it for you.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#154 by Mencot)!~

"Fine then." She swiped up the gold and Myyrh again. "Certainly not the company. I've been hearing that Eubric's been going through some changes. I came to see them for myself. It looks like the city is barely being held together, with Heroica in the middle of everyone's business. It's the perfect place to set up shop for someone like me."

Naim nods "Ah, well that I can understand-when I first came upon the shores of Uland I heard tall tales of armed robbers lurking in every alley, and dastardly gangsters that kept the city in their wretched grip through the exercise of terror. Now, while that may be true, it is dangerous in a different way too, and one far worse at that, with the situation with the houses. Still it keeps Herocia in business does it not?"

Jinnipher snorted at the mention of Star Elves. "A bunch of stuck up pansies who think they're too good for anyone else. You'd be better off finding a new place to live than argue with them, if you ask me."

Naim chuckles into his drink "You have that right-I take it you are familiar with our insufferable neighbors then? I returned to Spelesia very recently on a quest, and alas, things had not changed one bit!"

Na'im reads the new sign on the quest board "A simple quest sounds good to me-you will be signing up too I presume? he asks Jinnipher "Although this ages quest givers seem to getting poorer and poorer these days...100 gold!" Na'im shakes his head, exasperated "They will get away with offering us freshly baked cakes next!"

Nonetheless, Na'im signs up for quest 154

Edited by Enceladus

Noticing the bulletin on the quest board, Annienal signs up for Quest #154.

---

"Hell yes," Arthur says without hesitation as he takes a seat. "You've been around almost as long as I have, and accomplished a frankly insane amount along the way. You've survived demons, dragons, and several of the most dysfunctional parties in Heroica history, and most importantly, when you want something done, you put yourself out there and get it done, you don't just sit back and use everyone else as pawns. Take real risks, make real change--that's what Heroica ought to be, and you're a poster child of that."

---------------

"My name is Zannaqim," Zanna replies, almost automatically, to the introduction. With some hesitation--especially as the Arthur sits down--Zanna pulls up a chair. "I still do not...this thought is still strange to me. If the...Vet-er-ans...are the tribe elders, why are they not here? Or are they here, but too weak to defend their place as elders? How can they be elders if they do not lead the tribe into battle? And why are they..." Zanna tries and fails to parse the Karie's complex statement, *hmpf*-ing in frustration. *Putting bait into water for huts? And something about mshrksk on a stick?* She risks a bluff of understanding to gain more clues. "Why do you say they are...col-lu...'col-li=sion and all to geth-er-chum-my-at-i-tude with the how-ses'?" As soon as she gets out "collision" Zanna knows she's made a terrible mistake, but she tries (and fails) to keep her embarrassment off her tentacled face. *I wanted to impress these elders--err, [[experienced-tribemembers]]--not do the opposite! Kshrksk...*

Karie grinned. She hadn't really thought of it like that, but she had accomplished quite a bit in time with Heroica, more than what most people would've. "I appreciate the sentiment, Arthur. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but I do consider you one of the few people I can trust."

She turns her attention to Zannaqim, seemingly having difficult with the common tongue. "Why aren't the veterans here? An excellent question. They're off doing their own little things. I'm certain they're somewhere in this hall, but I wouldn't know where." Karie looked around, finding herself somewhat the centre of attention for a small group of heroes. "As for their ties to the houses who run this city and are currently driving it into the dirt, it's become all the more obvious ever since the houses began currying favour with heroes in their alliances. This cities on the edge of war, and two Heroicans currently sit as the leaders of these alliances. If I had my way, I'd expel them from these halls. We don't need outside influences getting their hands in the affairs of an organization that should be defending those who can't defend themselves.

Enough about me, though. I'm certain you don't want to hear me rag on about my thoughts on this place forever. What about yourself? Why are you here?" Karie asked, her eyes looking over the curious figure.

I am loath to agree with you Mistress Karie, but the way they handled the Storm Crisis leads me to believe you may be right.

"Vindsval, please, sit. I'm in need of good company and those who can provide it!" Karie beckoned over, happy to see her new friend.

Edited by Kintobor

Petaldan looks questioningly at the quest board.

"Doesn't seem like a particularly heroic thing to do. Why don't they just have their soldiers protect it? Ah, well, I guess no task is too small for a hero."

So saying, Petaldan signs up for Quest #154.

Vindsval reaches out and grips Miderun affectionately across the shoulders, and gives her a firm squeeze. He refrains from lifting her into the air as he did Annie. Thought could go poorly for both of them. He smiles broadly.

​I am well and Well met Little Sister. I have indeed donned the shield since we last fought together. The Wanderer came to me in a vision. I had learned all I could from the Witchery Way. He was in need of a warrior priest to spread the word of him though this land. He has grown concerned of the weakness he sees in these southern lands. I was instructed to take the sigil of our first mighty beast. The scorpion of the isles, you remember it do you not? I have taken the mantle of Scorpion Knight, First Paladin of the Wanderer. This shield served me most well in the battles against the Lord of the Sky. What path do you now follow Miderun, surely not that of a knight.

"Paladin?" Miderun outlasted Vindsval's hug, no small task, and sat down, looking a bit suspicious now. "That word does not fit you. I know what a paladin is, and you are not one. Takanvy is the word for 'warrior healer' and I like that better. But your Wanderer seems like he is of the right mind." She shrugged. "This place need to be taught strength more than anyone. No king is going to solve their problems. Not even Tarokai could fix this kind of corruption. Maybe they need a less...." Miderun paused in the middle of laying her massive blade down on the table. "...a more...gentle hand. If so, then you are the one to do it, Vindsval."

"Me? No. But a shield makes a nice counterbalance. And it might prevent this." She tugged at the bandages ensconcing her right arm. "I am not so reckless these days...but I am told I can become somewhat angry, and the Copper Fox, the tartirn of this Hall, he taught me to use it."

Karie grinned. She hadn't really thought of it like that, but she had accomplished quite a bit in time with Heroica, more than what most people would've. "I appreciate the sentiment, Arthur. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but I do consider you one of the few people I can trust."

"Likewise." Arthur sits back in his chair, glad to have a chance to sit and relax for once instead of gallivanting around the world or spending a night in the shivering pain of damp armor. He is about to say more, when...

After a long absence, a figure clad in all black, a mask clinging to his face, pinching the pale skin where it connects, shuffles back into the Hall. He finds a dark corner and sulks there, as he guesses he has to do now.

Arthur stares at the boy, gaze semi-unwillingly affixed to the champion of Zoot. The ex-Chaomancer--and current living weapon of Chaos--fights an urge to run to the figure and kneel at his feet. Good gods, even I didn't have an aura like that when I practiced! The Pheles Rod, bound weapon of Mephisto himself, didn't even feel like that! If I didn't know any better, I'd wonder if he was as powerful as Ziegfried himself...

He continues to stare at Bobby, face a near-even mixture of horror and awe...

---------------

She turns her attention to Zannaqim, seemingly having difficult with the common tongue. "Why aren't the veterans here? An excellent question. They're off doing their own little things. I'm certain they're somewhere in this hall, but I wouldn't know where." Karie looked around, finding herself somewhat the centre of attention for a small group of heroes. "As for their ties to the houses who run this city and are currently driving it into the dirt, it's become all the more obvious ever since the houses began currying favour with heroes in their alliances. This cities on the edge of war, and two Heroicans currently sit as the leaders of these alliances. If I had my way, I'd expel them from these halls. We don't need outside influences getting their hands in the affairs of an organization that should be defending those who can't defend themselves.

Enough about me, though. I'm certain you don't want to hear me rag on about my thoughts on this place forever. What about yourself? Why are you here?" Karie asked, her eyes looking over the curious figure.

Zanna nods along as she slowly tries to piece together the [[song-warrior]]'s many new words. "'Curry-flavor'...I was warned of this. The other of my kind on the boat here said that it will burn you for a long time if you per...part...par-take in it." Unaware of the inadvertent double-meaning of her words, Zanna finds herself distracted by the flurry of activity around the Quest board. She shakes her attention back to Karie.

"I came to join the tribe of Heroica when my first tribe ran out of challenges to face. I..." Once again Zanna finds herself drawn to the Quest board, and this time her distraction is enough to break that of the Arthur.

The Arthur smiles at her. "Go. We'll be here when you get back."

Nodding at the Elder's--er, the [[experienced-tribesmember]]'s--advice, Zanna stands up and goes to the Quest board. Seeing a new call to arms posted, but the previous one missing, she signs up for Quest#154, before returning to Karie's table, even more confused.

The Arthur notices her perplexion. "What's wrong?"

"...I am...I do not know the meaning of..." she fights futilely to express the thought in Common.

"Something you didn't understand?"

"Unn-der-stand?" Zanna files away the word for later analysis. "Maybe...does that word tell how I feel in my head?"

"Oh, no, it doesn't. 'Understand' is more...'to know' or 'to know the meaning of'. If there's something you don't understand, perhaps you're feeling...confused?"

Zanna perks up. "I have heard that word! There was a heavy tin hat a person wanted to sell to me, he said it pro...protek...stops you from being confused." *Perhaps I misjudged that dinged-up old helmet, if it was truly a repository of vast knowledge--*

The Arthur chuckles awkwardly. "That's...a little different. Same word, different meaning--that one is more of a magical effect." The Arthur shrugs apologetically. "Common is weird."

"Your words have more truth than words can say," Zanna grumbles grumpily. The reminder that Common words often had more than one meaning was not a pleasant one...especially with yet another [[experienced-tribesmember]] likely to join them soon. More unfamiliar words, more scrambling to uncover their meaning without losing face...

She does not notice the Arthur study her for a moment before dashing off a quick Z-mail.

Zanna attempts to recompose herself. "To answer your...to answer you, I am...confused. Does your tribe not all go out to battle in one group? I gave my name to the call to arms before, but now it is gone, and only some of our fellow tribe members have left. I would understand if I was left for being new, or weak, or not used to tribe custom, but they even left behind you and the Arthur. And now there is another call so soon? With members of the tribe...ab-sent?"

Arthur chuckles, but decides to let Karie field the question.

Bobby, feeling uncomfortable as a stranger stares him down (even though that was exactly what he wanted...) stalks over to a different shadowy corner, more near his former companions Miderun and Na'im. He bows to the stranger awkwardly as he passes by.

Bobby, feeling uncomfortable as a stranger stares him down (even though that was exactly what he wanted...) stalks over to a different shadowy corner, more near his former companions Miderun and Na'im. He bows to the stranger awkwardly as he passes by.

Miderun does a double take as she sees a figure slide through the shadows. Her hand moves to Orokuul's hilt noticeably...but she stops immediately upon recognizing the stranger's totes legit mohawk. She blinks at the figure she hasn't seen since the disaster in Spesiala.

"...Bobby? What are you doing back there?"

Zanna nods along as she slowly tries to piece together the [[song-warrior]]'s many new words. "'Curry-flavor'...I was warned of this. The other of my kind on the boat here said that it will burn you for a long time if you per...part...par-take in it." Unaware of the inadvertent double-meaning of her words, Zanna finds herself distracted by the flurry of activity around the Quest board. She shakes her attention back to Karie.

"I came to join the tribe of Heroica when my first tribe ran out of challenges to face. I..." Once again Zanna finds herself drawn to the Quest board, and this time her distraction is enough to break that of the Arthur.

Zanna attempts to recompose herself. "To answer your...to answer you, I am...confused. Does your tribe not all go out to battle in one group? I gave my name to the call to arms before, but now it is gone, and only some of our fellow tribe members have left. I would understand if I was left for being new, or weak, or not used to tribe custom, but they even left behind you and the Arthur. And now there is another call so soon? With members of the tribe...ab-sent?"

Arthur chuckles, but decides to let Karie field the question.

The discussion of curry made Karie salivate at the thought of the dish.

"The tribe aspect isn't quite as accurate as you think it is. When you put your name on the board to sign up for a job, the person who put it there is putting it there to look for people to help them with something they need done. The employer, the person giving the job, looks through the list, and chooses the names on the list and hires those they believe would be best fitted for the job. If a job shows up that interests you, sign yourself up for it. If a job doesn't interest you, then ignore it. Does that make sense?"

Arthur's eyes unwillingly follow Bobby once more. He desperately chokes back the words rising in his throat before his mouth can betray him.

'What is thy bidding, my master?' Seriously? What is WITH this guy? And why is he having such a strange effect on me...?

---------------

The discussion of curry made Karie salivate at the thought of the dish.

"The tribe aspect isn't quite as accurate as you think it is. When you put your name on the board to sign up for a job, the person who put it there is putting it there to look for people to help them with something they need done. The employer, the person giving the job, looks through the list, and chooses the names on the list and hires those they believe would be best fitted for the job. If a job shows up that interests you, sign yourself up for it. If a job doesn't interest you, then ignore it. Does that make sense?"

Zannaqim stares at Karie in bewilderment. "Ignore a call to arms? That is all...a-low...the elders let you do this?" Zanna stares off into empty space. "Truly Heroica is a mighty tribe if it needs so few warriors to fight its battles..."

Edited by Flipz