Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Even though he seemed calm the people around the table could probably detect a fiery red glint of demonic fire in the eyes of Ezeran. "She was masked and maybe she wasn't a woman but she sounded like it. Many of the cultists that were defeated had etheriumbased equipment on them like my pauldrons here. There is one thing that reassures me though, they are zealous in their hate of magic and users of magic and that blind hate will make them weak. I'm sure our organisation can withstand them if we prepare ourselves. But lets not make the same mistakes ourselves." Ezeran points at the group of people with the uncorteous Wakorian in the middle. "Even hate against realistic threats can blind you and if we act stupid enough, without courtesy, tact and empahty we will make the same mistakes as the Crimson Crown, and we will surely become as dangerous..."

Keliim had calmed himself but one could still see twitching in his arms and the bloodveins around the demonmarks were darker.

"Aye, hate 'nd rage will make one just weak, th' Crimson Crown kultist se work'd with, her name was Avina, she was blind'd by th'beliefs. But it is true th't everyone has tae watch what path they are taking"

He pulls up the sleeve on his right arm and shows the mark of the dark one. "I also have some demonic presence inside o' mi. It is th' mark o' mi former master, form time tae time I can feel his presence strong especially if I get angry 'nd there is bloodshed. On th't quest when we work'd with Crimson Crown, I almost got out o' control 'nd lost it. After th' quest I had tae get out o' th's all."

As he speaks the new guy comes around. Fenri turns to him and snarls.

Noticing that the man with a mouth-for-a-torso pointing in his general vicinity, Addok-Zo goes to listen to his conversation. He chuckles. "Hate is a good motivation to kill, besides gold, of course. Unless you're one of those crazies who kills for the fun of it then hmph, bravo to you. But I will give you credit where it's do - keeping a clear and concentrated mind makes for a deadly killer." He chuckles again. "And about before, just realize that I am not how you say 'courteous.' I never heard of a polite warrior so I don't consider myself to be one. But I will remain open-minded towards you and others and treat you all fairly... for now." He extends his hand out for a handshake. "Fair?"

"Why kill at all. Th't should be th' last option, after all what I have done 'nd seen th' pacifist 'nd helpin' path what I have take now is a better way. Th're is battle ye cant get out o' without bloodshed, but tae keep it tae minimum th' better 'nd in th' end ye have not need tae kill tae th' end battle."

Edited by Mencot

"Why kill at all. Th't should be th' last option, after all what I have done 'nd seen th' pacifist 'nd helpin' path what I have take now is a better way. Th're is battle ye cant get out o' without bloodshed, but tae keep it tae minimum th' better 'nd in th' end ye have not need tae kill tae th' end battle."

"Because actions speak louder than words. Killing solves problems... permanently. And it is far more easier to accomplish. Talking just buys you time, eventually you'll have to shed blood."

"To your health!" echoes Naim

"Simply marvellous!" Says Na'im clapping his hands merrily after the demonstration "A mighty fine weapon indeed! I have no doubt it has served you well!"

Indeed it has, though I see you carry a similar weapon as well. It has a strange energy about it. Does it have any gifts of its own?

"A noble sentiment." agrees Na'im he looks the giant up and down "Many of your kind do not share your views then? I have heard of the great works the giants have built in Dupolvia but have never met one in the flesh."

I fear I very little first hand knowledge of the views of "My people." After my birth, my father and I found no place either among the Ogre clans or the Giant tribes. I was anathema to them all, a Half Born monstrosity. We spent much of my youth among the human and elf lands. It was there that I was truly learned that I was a monster. My father taught me that I must never let my inner beast loose, lest I truly be that which men called me in fear and ignorance. This is the first place I was truly accepted. I am able to help here, and occasionally unchain that which I hold bound within me.

Na'im nods "I suppose it is a worthy path, though I have hardly given it much thought since I picked up this trinket…so much has happened since, I have not had much time to reflect on what it means for my future-though if a Shaman I am to be, I will need many more weapons to back my decision."

Would you enhance that which you already hold? Or perhaps begin to train with that which you will later need to wield. Your own broom will be come formidable in time if you work with the smith. He pulls a handful of gemstones from a small pocket within his cloak and places four on the table in front of him. ​The powers of the elements would aid you in that as well. But if you would reach for a more formidable piece, a blade to be held as a true warrior shaman perhaps this. He lays a large heavy sword upon the table near the gems. The two handed weapon bears a thick one edged cleaving blade. A shimmering black powder coats its length. Much could be done wielding something such as this.

Current Sign-ups for Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

Ezeran Yavarr (Mystic Modulus)

Kiray Nastayo (KotZ)

Keliim the Warrior (Mencot)

Addock-Zo Obbex (Goliath)

Zannaquim (Flipz)

Siercon (Siercon & Coral)

As the group surrounding the Fields hopefuls begins to diminish, Arthur passes near Boris, happening to see a familiar-looking bottle poking slightly out of his pack. "Hmm..." After digging through his own belongings, Arthur pulls out his Staff of Ennon--a weapon he would likely never use again--and approaches Boris. "Excuse me, sir, I couldn't help but notice you have a tin of Bright Polish there...would you care to trade it for, say, this staff and 50 gold?"

Boris notes Arthur's keen eye and jumps as he realizes he had actually won something from the lottery. "Perhaps, my good sir. I don't know if we've met before, the name is Boris." The vampire offered his hand. "The staff is indeed quite a catch, though the glow's a bit harsh don't you think. Tell me, what do you know of that long sword you carry?"

OOC: you forgot vindsval on the signup list. And I think Arthur as well.

Edited by Asphalt

Indeed it has, though I see you carry a similar weapon as well. It has a strange energy about it. Does it have any gifts of its own?

"Ah, you ask about the nimbus broomstick I presume? I obtained it from a feared star elf magician in Spelesia: major El-Aquiest, a devoted soldier to the end and quite a talented spellcaster at that. He tried to capture us in our quest to Spelesia not so long ago."

"It is perhaps even more curious than your own-through some charm or other, applied by the good major, it sometimes hits harder than should be theoretically possible, and at other times not. Indeed, I still have no idea as to how it works, or how to replicate it-more the pity reall-it could be quite helpful."

I fear I very little first hand knowledge of the views of "My people." After my birth, my father and I found no place either among the Ogre clans or the Giant tribes. I was anathema to them all, a Half Born monstrosity. We spent much of my youth among the human and elf lands. It was there that I was truly learned that I was a monster. My father taught me that I must never let my inner beast loose, lest I truly be that which men called me in fear and ignorance. This is the first place I was truly accepted. I am able to help here, and occasionally unchain that which I hold bound within me.

Na'im shaes his head indignantly "Pay them no heed my friend! You certainly seem civilised enough to me! I know of no monster that would be able to hold a conversation about a particularly treasured weapon of his!"

"Your father was a half giant as well then?" asks Naim curiously "Or did your kin simply hate him for what he represented? And what of your mother?"

Noticing that the notice had refreshed himself and omitted his name, Arthur signs up for the Fields of Glory.

OOC: If it's between Arthur and Zanna, I'd rather Zanna go, though Defend and Phalanx would go a long way towards keeping her safe. I should also point out that Zanna is explicitly not on permadeath and likely never will be, unlike Arthur.

Boris notes Arthur's keen eye and jumps as he realizes he had actually won something from the lottery. "Perhaps, my good sir. I don't know if we've met before, the name is Boris." The vampire offered his hand. "The staff is indeed quite a catch, though the glow's a bit harsh don't you think. Tell me, what do you know of that long sword you carry?"

"Arthur Ziegfried," Arthur replies, shaking the vampire's hand. He listens to the rest of Boris' assessment.

"This sword?" Arthur inquires, producing the Sword of the Vampir. "I don't know much. An Assassin friend of a friend sold it to me--I don't recall her mentioning where she found it." Or ever showing up in the Hall again, come to think of it. "It carries a powerful curse of misfortune, but my own equipment protects me. I suppose I could part with it if you really want, though I don't know how useful it would actually be to you as a Cleric." Arthur considers for a moment. "I could remove the Diamond from the staff if you're interested in it, though it would cost the Gold I was going to pay you. If I did that, I could give you the staff and my Sapphire, if you're worried about Light--or if you wanted, I could take some Gold and an Artifact of yours and imbue the Diamond into it so you'd be protected from light entirely." Arthur's keen tactical eye passes over Boris as he makes his own assessments, trying to see how best the vampire's loadout can be improved. "I'd offer to pay for the imbuement myself, but I'm a bit short on Gold at the moment."

"Because actions speak louder than words. Killing solves problems... permanently. And it is far more easier to accomplish. Talking just buys you time, eventually you'll have to shed blood."

"Aye, easy it be when ye cross th't line. Anyone can swing somethin' tae kill. Killin' doesn't solve problems, usually it just opens up more. But everybody has th'ir own view on things 'nd have tae live with th' choices they make..." The big man looks at the Wakorian. "Hopefuly ye be wise enough tae not make th' wrong ones!" Then he looks away and concentrates on what happens at the table.

Kiray Nastayo (KotZ)

Zannaquim (Flipz)

I knew it. I should of waited until the official sign up sheet was put up.

Putting his name down on the sign up sheet. He add a note to it.If anyone wants to do a quick run in the Fields of Glory let the "Dark one" know about it. -The Demon Germ-

"Ah, you ask about the nimbus broomstick I presume? I obtained it from a feared star elf magician in Spelesia: major El-Aquiest, a devoted soldier to the end and quite a talented spellcaster at that. He tried to capture us in our quest to Spelesia not so long ago."

"It is perhaps even more curious than your own-through some charm or other, applied by the good major, it sometimes hits harder than should be theoretically possible, and at other times not. Indeed, I still have no idea as to how it works, or how to replicate it-more the pity reall-it could be quite helpful."

A named weapon with a history behind it. May you then wield it long enough to add to both its tale and your own.

Na'im shaes his head indignantly "Pay them no heed my friend! You certainly seem civilised enough to me! I know of no monster that would be able to hold a conversation about a particularly treasured weapon of his!"

"Your father was a half giant as well then?" asks Naim curiously "Or did your kin simply hate him for what he represented? And what of your mother?"

I appreciate the sentiment, though there has been many a man with blade and torch over the years of my travel that told me otherwise. My father was a Green Skinned Ogre of Baltrok. He was a powerful druid, but prone to spending more time among the wilds than within the cities of his people. It was in his travels that he met my Mother, a Giantess of the Yoten. One of the tribes of the great frozen north. I know little of their meeting. Only that she died not but a few years after their courtship and my birth. He spoke very little of those times. With her gone he took up his travels once more, returning to his home only to be turned away because of the abomination of my birth. We became travelers in the truest sense. Have no origin, nor a destination. It was in these travels that I was visited by the high God of my Mother's people. He whom I call the Wanderer. I came into power through worship of him. And through his guidance I have walked the Path leading me to this here and now. I believe I have done some good in my time among men.

He shakes his head drawing himself out of his musings.

But we were speaking of weapons. Your lance intrigues me and it seems that it would be little use to you now or in your future. What would you offer me in exchange for the blade I have shown you, it is called Severa's Slasher and this diamond. He pushes the clear bright stone forward, and returns the rest to his cloak pocket. ​I believe they would serve you well both now and in your intended future.

Especially if you were to return to the Fields of Glory. There are forces of the dark within its borders is there not?

I see that the notice has been reposted. I will sign my name to it as well. I have never been to this farm, but if there are those who wish to put themselves against its challenges they will need a shield and healing hand if they wish to live long within.

Vindsval signs up for the fields of Glory.

Noticing that the man with a mouth-for-a-torso pointing in his general vicinity, Addok-Zo goes to listen to his conversation. He chuckles. "Hate is a good motivation to kill, besides gold, of course. Unless you're one of those crazies who kills for the fun of it then hmph, bravo to you. But I will give you credit where it's do - keeping a clear and concentrated mind makes for a deadly killer." He chuckles again. "And about before, just realize that I am not how you say 'courteous.' I never heard of a polite warrior so I don't consider myself to be one. But I will remain open-minded towards you and others and treat you all fairly... for now." He extends his hand out for a handshake. "Fair?"

Ezeran shakes his hand. "Fair enough, but remember: being a member of Heroica is not the same thing as being a warrior. It's a lot more to it than that, you represent the entire organisation and the spirit of the veterans. Be mindful of that." Ezeran continuea to listen to the others.

Ezeran shakes his hand. "Fair enough, but remember: being a member of Heroica is not the same thing as being a warrior. It's a lot more to it than that, you represent the entire organisation and the spirit of the veterans. Be mindful of that." Ezeran continuea to listen to the others.

"Well, perhaps Heroica needs new veterans." Karie mused. "It seems most of the veterans are doing diddly squat to stop the house's influence in this organization."

Na’im stroked his chin "Well it does appear a powerful trinket, but I am not sure smiting things is especially my style-here, you keep it-you have a warrior’s air about you-I am sure you can put it to better use than I."

Na’ims face brightens as he examines his fellow hero "Say you are a moon elf my dear? I have not seen one in many a year-what be your story miss…?"

Jinnipher raised an eyebrow and hefted the lance. It was indeed a powerful weapon - not really her style, but it certainly would be useful if she wanted to keep a larger distance between her and her foes. "I don't need charity you know. Here." She slid over the the Myyrh and dropped a bag of 150 gold on the table. "And if the giant gives you a better price, take it."

"I am a moon elf, one of the few left in this world. What's there to know? I was in Heroica some time back before everything went to shit and now I'm back. Not much has improved and I'm probably the organization's best chance at saving face. Even the veterans are incompetent, taking in children or worse, someone who would rather jeopardize quests for their personal gain." She tossed her hair and rolled her eyes. "You must be one of those Fenarians. Once elves but since banished to the underground for dark magic or something like that?"

"A deskjob? You? Nahh, no way, no how, I can see that. They didn't get you some really basic jobs though? Like, I sweeped floors at the merchant's shack for a year or two... But are most moon elevs really lassifish, errr, pacifists?"

"That's the long and short of it. If what's left of my people don't figure out what's good for them they won't be around much longer. Especially since the whole world knows some lizard with bad breath waltzed his way into Moone and killed half the population."

A named weapon with a history behind it. May you then wield it long enough to add to both its tale and your own.

But we were speaking of weapons. Your lance intrigues me and it seems that it would be little use to you now or in your future. What would you offer me in exchange for the blade I have shown you, it is called Severa's Slasher and this diamond. He pushes the clear bright stone forward, and returns the rest to his cloak pocket. ​I believe they would serve you well both now and in your intended future.

Especially if you were to return to the Fields of Glory. There are forces of the dark within its borders is there not?

I see that the notice has been reposted. I will sign my name to it as well. I have never been to this farm, but if there are those who wish to put themselves against its challenges they will need a shield and healing hand if they wish to live long within.

"The lance for your severa slasher and a diamond?" Na'im holds out his hand and makes the exchange "As good a deal as any I have seen. I hope you find it a…worthy... implement, and can make better use of it than I could." he adds awkwardly

"Oh indeed-many more than I would like!" he quips "Sometimes I wonder why the good farmer does not gather all the heroes he can muster and have them raze the fields to the ground!"

I appreciate the sentiment, though there has been many a man with blade and torch over the years of my travel that told me otherwise. My father was a Green Skinned Ogre of Baltrok. He was a powerful druid, but prone to spending more time among the wilds than within the cities of his people. It was in his travels that he met my Mother, a Giantess of the Yoten. One of the tribes of the great frozen north. I know little of their meeting. Only that she died not but a few years after their courtship and my birth. He spoke very little of those times. With her gone he took up his travels once more, returning to his home only to be turned away because of the abomination of my birth. We became travelers in the truest sense. Have no origin, nor a destination. It was in these travels that I was visited by the high God of my Mother's people. He whom I call the Wanderer. I came into power through worship of him. And through his guidance I have walked the Path leading me to this here and now. I believe I have done some good in my time among men.

"Your father must have been a good man indeed says Naim quietly after a while, with perhaps a hint of bitterness "I can think of many lesser men who would have abandoned their child In this situation, to save face. Men can be a curious people at times can they not? They seem to squabble with each other more than with races other than their own!"

Na'im nods slightly indignant "Well, I certainly hope so master Vindisval!"

It honors me to hear you say as much of my father. I hope to meet with him again one day and tell him of what I have accomplished because of him. We parted ways shortly before I joined the Hall. It has been some years years now since I have seen him.

Vindsval secures the Lance to his harness. Somewhat glad the conversation of Lances was over. It reminds him much of the great bear spears of his mother's people. Compared to his enormous frame it would be used as such. He slides the sword an gem over to the cleric.

I hope they aid you well. There are very few healers remaining to the Hall, I would not see our number dwindle any further.

It seems the hall has quieted. Cooler heads have prevailed perhaps. Save for some.

Kiray Nastayo (KotZ)

Zannaquim (Flipz)

Vindsval (Asphalt)

Arthur (Flipz)

The Demon Germ (samuraiturtle)

Sign-ups end in approximately 20hrs.

"Arthur Ziegfried," Arthur replies, shaking the vampire's hand. He listens to the rest of Boris' assessment.

"This sword?" Arthur inquires, producing the Sword of the Vampir. "I don't know much. An Assassin friend of a friend sold it to me--I don't recall her mentioning where she found it." Or ever showing up in the Hall again, come to think of it. "It carries a powerful curse of misfortune, but my own equipment protects me. I suppose I could part with it if you really want, though I don't know how useful it would actually be to you as a Cleric." Arthur considers for a moment. "I could remove the Diamond from the staff if you're interested in it, though it would cost the Gold I was going to pay you. If I did that, I could give you the staff and my Sapphire, if you're worried about Light--or if you wanted, I could take some Gold and an Artifact of yours and imbue the Diamond into it so you'd be protected from light entirely." Arthur's keen tactical eye passes over Boris as he makes his own assessments, trying to see how best the vampire's loadout can be improved. "I'd offer to pay for the imbuement myself, but I'm a bit short on Gold at the moment."

"Pay no heed to my clerical background, I've had some experience with a blade before. How about the Blade and Staff? I'll pay to have the diamond removed and you can hold onto it."

"Pay no heed to my clerical background, I've had some experience with a blade before. How about the Blade and Staff? I'll pay to have the diamond removed and you can hold onto it."

"That seems quite fair." Arthur makes the trade, taking his newly-acquired Bright Polish and applying it to his Shadeaux Cape. "May it serve you well."

"Well, perhaps Heroica needs new veterans." Karie mused. "It seems most of the veterans are doing diddly squat to stop the house's influence in this organization."

"Hear, hear," Arthur calls, overhearing Karie's suggestion. "I mean, I'm not one to talk given my parentage and my loyalties, but still...more and more I am beginning to question their actions...and even their motives. Especially when they still refuse to get rid of that damned Nornish relic."

---------------

Zannaqim listens closely in quiet confusion. She may not know what these "Vet-er-ans" are, but from the context they sound similar to the elders of her first tribe...so why is the Arthur--and this other clear warrior of experience--railing against them? She thinks back to her mother's training.

*'Notice when you are confused, for that is the time for caution. Seek the source of your confusion, for there you will find both danger and truth.' Those were her words.* Zanna takes a deep breath.

*I notice I am confused.*

*The words of the Arthur and the elder of instruments are confusing me.*

*The elder of instruments was the source of these words.*

*I should seek out the elder of instruments.*

Her decision made, Zanna approaches Karie. "If it would not be rude to ask, why do you and the Arthur not like these...'vet-er-ans'? From your words they seem like a kind of tribe elder...but are you and the Arthur not both elders of this tribe? How can they stand up to your...strength?" The word, though spoken with confidence and understanding, leaves a foul taste in her mouth. The language of the Selkreeth has at least eighty-seven words for strength--and those are just the ones she knows--each with their own distinct nuance and meaning...but from what she could gather, Common had but one. The lack of subtlety had enraged her when she first realized it, but by now she is able to keep her temper...if only just.

---------------

OOC: WBD, for convenience here's the stats of the weapons:

Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed; longsword), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4),

Boris catches the weapons and hands over the Bright Polish before slipping out of the hall to have the smithy complete his work. Upon the vampire's return, he tosses Arthur the promised Diamond, wiping his hands afterwards on his cloak. "Thanks, I'm going to need gloves if I want to handle anything like that again."

"Hear, hear," Arthur calls, overhearing Karie's suggestion. "I mean, I'm not one to talk given my parentage and my loyalties, but still...more and more I am beginning to question their actions...and even their motives. Especially when they still refuse to get rid of that damned Nornish relic."

Karie shrugged. "This hall needs people spearheading this organization, and the ones in charge I feel have become bloated with comfort. They have no reason to fear for their position being challenged because they have backing from the houses and, I suppose since you brought it up, the Norn relic." Karie leaned on her chair. "Lets say, Arthur, and this is just me throwing this out there, I were to become a veteran. Would you support my claim to such a position?"

Her decision made, Zanna approaches Karie. "If it would not be rude to ask, why do you and the Arthur not like these...'vet-er-ans'? From your words they seem like a kind of tribe elder...but are you and the Arthur not both elders of this tribe? How can they stand up to your...strength?" The word, though spoken with confidence and understanding, leaves a foul taste in her mouth. The language of the Selkreeth has at least eighty-seven words for strength--and those are just the ones she knows--each with their own distinct nuance and meaning...but from what she could gather, Common had but one. The lack of subtlety had enraged her when she first realized it, but by now she is able to keep her temper...if only just.

Karie noticed the new girl approach as she took a nip from a glass of wine. She lowered her glass and motioned for her to sit. "Well, I suppose they are, but myself and Arthur aren't. I mean, sure, we're experienced, but they're the ones who run this place." Karie responded, gesturing to the hall. "I don't like the veterans because they're collusion and altogether chummy attitude with the houses that run this city is becoming apparent. I came here seeking my fortune, not to get involved with political dogma." Karie huffed, getting riled up. She grinned, looking amused. Her anger seemed to wash away. "I'm sorry, I should introduce myself. The name's Karie, and you are?" She held out a hand to greet the newbie.

Boris catches the weapons and hands over the Bright Polish before slipping out of the hall to have the smithy complete his work. Upon the vampire's return, he tosses Arthur the promised Diamond, wiping his hands afterwards on his cloak. "Thanks, I'm going to need gloves if I want to handle anything like that again."

"Much obliged." Catching the Diamond one-handed, the Skirmisher briefly adds, "You might try a Hood of the Elementalist for that, if you can find a blank one. They've been popping up lately, and they're dead useful. Just a thought." The Skirmisher nods in farewell, then makes his way over to Karie's table.

Karie shrugged. "This hall needs people spearheading this organization, and the ones in charge I feel have become bloated with comfort. They have no reason to fear for their position being challenged because they have backing from the houses and, I suppose since you brought it up, the Norn relic." Karie leaned on her chair. "Lets say, Arthur, and this is just me throwing this out there, I were to become a veteran. Would you support my claim to such a position?"

"Hell yes," Arthur says without hesitation as he takes a seat. "You've been around almost as long as I have, and accomplished a frankly insane amount along the way. You've survived demons, dragons, and several of the most dysfunctional parties in Heroica history, and most importantly, when you want something done, you put yourself out there and get it done, you don't just sit back and use everyone else as pawns. Take real risks, make real change--that's what Heroica ought to be, and you're a poster child of that."

---------------

Karie noticed the new girl approach as she took a nip from a glass of wine. She lowered her glass and motioned for her to sit. "Well, I suppose they are, but myself and Arthur aren't. I mean, sure, we're experienced, but they're the ones who run this place." Karie responded, gesturing to the hall. "I don't like the veterans because they're collusion and altogether chummy attitude with the houses that run this city is becoming apparent. I came here seeking my fortune, not to get involved with political dogma." Karie huffed, getting riled up. She grinned, looking amused. Her anger seemed to wash away. "I'm sorry, I should introduce myself. The name's Karie, and you are?" She held out a hand to greet the newbie.

"My name is Zannaqim," Zanna replies, almost automatically, to the introduction. With some hesitation--especially as the Arthur sits down--Zanna pulls up a chair. "I still do not...this thought is still strange to me. If the...Vet-er-ans...are the tribe elders, why are they not here? Or are they here, but too weak to defend their place as elders? How can they be elders if they do not lead the tribe into battle? And why are they..." Zanna tries and fails to parse the Karie's complex statement, *hmpf*-ing in frustration. *Putting bait into water for huts? And something about mshrksk on a stick?* She risks a bluff of understanding to gain more clues. "Why do you say they are...col-lu...'col-li=sion and all to geth-er-chum-my-at-i-tude with the how-ses'?" As soon as she gets out "collision" Zanna knows she's made a terrible mistake, but she tries (and fails) to keep her embarrassment off her tentacled face. *I wanted to impress these elders--err, [[experienced-tribemembers]]--not do the opposite! Kshrksk...*

Edited by Flipz

"That's the long and short of it. If what's left of my people don't figure out what's good for them they won't be around much longer. Especially since the whole world knows some lizard with bad breath waltzed his way into Moone and killed half the population."

"Yeah, but explodey dragons are notoriously - NOTORIOUSLY - dangerous, it's not like... Well, I have no clue where I'm going with this.

But half the cropulation... That's, that's no good. Your family and friends and whatever are 'kay, after that, right?"

Jinnipher raised an eyebrow and hefted the lance. It was indeed a powerful weapon - not really her style, but it certainly would be useful if she wanted to keep a larger distance between her and her foes. "I don't need charity you know. Here." She slid over the the Myyrh and dropped a bag of 150 gold on the table. "And if the giant gives you a better price, take it."

Naim glances apologetically at the elf "I really do apologise my dear, but master Vindisval really does appear to have a better deal. Nothing personal at all. Maybe some other time."

"I am a moon elf, one of the few left in this world. What's there to know? I was in Heroica some time back before everything went to shit and now I'm back. Not much has improved and I'm probably the organization's best chance at saving face. Even the veterans are incompetent, taking in children or worse, someone who would rather jeopardize quests for their personal gain." She tossed her hair and rolled her eyes. "You must be one of those Fenarians. Once elves but since banished to the underground for dark magic or something like that?"

Naim claps his hand and laughs "Well there seems to be quite a tale to me! I have heard legends of the lost generation of heroes, but I never heard one re-joined Heroica after all these years. What called you back: adventure, glory, gold beyond measure?" Naim suggests

Naim smiles wryly "Of a sort-our origins are now so shrouded in myth, superstition and petty religion that no one really knows how we came to be anymore, least of all ourselves." he sighs "We are more alike than you imagine my dear-you could be describing my people there. We too are a dying race, our population only sustained through opening our borders to refugees and outcasts. If we do not learn to cooperate with the star elves I fear we will both become little more than footnotes in history in time-lengthy footnotes, but footnotes all the same."

It honors me to hear you say as much of my father. I hope to meet with him again one day and tell him of what I have accomplished because of him. We parted ways shortly before I joined the Hall. It has been some years now since I have seen him.

Naim orders another drink "In truth he is probably safer in the wilds and far away from Eubric. By all accounts, we may be living in the last days of the ever changing city if the tension between the houses remains unresolved." Naim says gloomily

I hope they aid you well. There are very few healers remaining to the Hall, I would not see our number dwindle any further.

Naim smiles "True master Vindisval, but I hardly see it that way: the fewer healers there are amongst our organisation, the more we are in demand, therefore the more often we are guaranteed spots on quests-its good business all round, and privately I hope it stays that way!"

I am loath to agree with you Mistress Karie, but the way they handled the Storm Crisis leads me to believe you may be right.

Naim orders another drink "In truth he is probably safer in the wilds and far away from Eubric. By all accounts, we may be living in the last days of the ever changing city if the tension between the houses remains unresolved." Naim says gloomily

Naim smiles "True master Vindisval, but I hardly see it that way: the fewer healers there are amongst our organisation, the more we are in demand, therefore the more often we are guaranteed spots on quests-its good business all round, and privately I hope it stays that way!"

Safer maybe, happier certainly. He was never one to be held within walls.

My friend our companions seem to receive more than enough grievous blows to keep 10 times our number busy for a lifetime. You have little need to fear our services being rendered unneeded.

Chosen Heroes for Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

Kiray Nastayo (KotZ)

The Demon Germ (samuraiturtle)

Please report to the fields within 24hrs.

Kiray sees her name on the board, along with who she was questing with. One she hadn't seen in awhile. If she could get closer to Germ, then maybe Siercon had cooled off after their battle years back. Overall, it seemed like a good group. Before she up and left, she uses her grating stone on her deadly crossbow, giving it +1 WP.