Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

~The Fields of Glory are open for sign-ups again!~

Kiray signs up again as well, just in case.

Keliim signs up for Fields of glory, if it somehow had gone missing.

The big man brings over a plate of different drinks from the bar, mead,red vine, ale etc. He takes one of the meads and sits down. He asks Arthur, "Wh're ye one o' th' heroes who wh're on th' Guffington quest while back, th' one around th'world?"

Edited by Mencot

"Believe me, lady, I don't need pointers from dragons," Eric replied, purposely misinterpreting the Elf's words. "Besides, I could show you a thing or two myself, be it on the battlefield or beside it. See you around."

Jinnipher frowned at the man's nonchalant attitude. "Yeah, we'll see about that scruffy. I'll see you before you see me." She swayed her hips as she walked away.

"Yeah, nice to do some stuff that's, uh, more shtimulating, y'know? Then washing pigs. Don't s'pose you've ever had any boring jobs, before becoming a hero?

Though I guess it isn't all sunshines and rainbows. Some people in Eubric aren't the best, like that weird fella that made a pass on you. Good job on telling him off, powerful stuff."

She takes another swig from her flask. "Well thanks, kid." She passed it to Terry again. "Reading from books was boring, I call tell you that much. My parents always wanted me to be a scholar or leader of some sort, even to work under King Faust some day." She snorted. "Imagine that, me in politics. Even when our numbers are so few the Moon Elves can't seem to figure out that they need to pick up a sword and swing it before any real change is going to happen."

Na'im strolls back into the hall, and finds it the same old place, bustling with heroes toing and froing, arguing and bartering-much like a microcosm of Eubric itself-the city and its heroes were more alike than either group imagined.

He makes his way over to the quest board where he pins up a large notice:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Items for sale:

Wrath Lance (WP:16, causes enraged and burned by 10; lance)

Prices/trades/loans etcetera are negotiable. See the well dressed Fenarian by the salon for further details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The elf raised her eyebrow at the notice, but saw Vindsval lumber over right away. She frowned and turned her head.

Miderun pushed open the doors to the Hall and slipped inside after a fairly lengthy absence (nothing compared to her last venture, but even still), to find a place far, far busier than the last time she'd been there. Clearly she'd been mistaken about the heroes being called on to fix more of Eubric's problems. No, surely the caretakers of the city would continue to allow its issues to fester.

The orc let out a slight sigh as she found a seat. Two years now? And still no sense of belonging. Her red eyes darted around the nearby strangers, idly wondering if any of them saw Eubric in the same light.

Who could say. Greed makes a nice blindfold.

"Mauwalt Scheherezade, another of those...the gavnmauws, the sweet drinks. With the fire. And the little umbrella."

Mock me if you want. One or two "Spell Bees" are not a problem (they are only about the size of a house cat. It is the swarms (or mobs) that attack and they all most always attack in mobs. Not to mention their "Magic Missile" seems to go right through any armor. I did not even mention "Spider Cats" or "Lazer Chickens".

Sensing a what coming. "Spider Cats" have the head of a cat and a body of a spider, and about the size of a horse. Plus, their venom not only poisons you it will shrink you in the process. Oh, they can also spit webbing at you. Now "Lazer Chickens" look just regular chickens but bigger, they are as tall as a average size tree. Now what they can do shoot "Energy Beams" out the top of, I think it is called a "comb", you know that flat thing on top of their head. If you every have to fight one of those things, is to remember they have poor eyesight.

"You are quite right master Germ…nasty things they were…nasty indeed to send us fleeing back to the farmyard with lady Miderun unconscious..." his voice trails off

If you wouldn't mind, might I see the Lance you mentioned in your posting?

Na’im quickly soothes out the creases in his outfit and smiles broadly

"Indeed you have come to the right place-Vindisval is it not? I believe we may have met before at some point, in this very hall…well, it matters little at any rate, come, take a seat, make yourself at home my friend. Can I get you a drink? Mead, mulled wine, flaming gumball…what be your poison master Vindisval?"

Na’im is very much in his element acting as the pawnbroker and lays the lance carefully on the table and rubs his hand together "Have you any scrolls or elemental weapons-they seem to be very hard to come by these days-for myself at least! I only have one weapon on me for that matter..." he adds gloomily

The elf raised her eyebrow at the notice, but saw Vindsval lumber over right away. She frowned and turned her head.

"Ah, do not be disheartened my dear women-a bit of friendly bartering never hurt anyone! Come, sit with us you may find it to be worth your while." Says Na’im gesturing to a nearby bar stool

Addok-Zo signs up for the Fields of Glory.

OoC: I know the FoG is not meant for Level 1's but some action is in desperate need. :tongue:

Na’im quickly soothes out the creases in his outfit and smiles broadly

"Indeed you have come to the right place-Vindisval is it not? I believe we may have met before at some point, in this very hall…well, it matters little at any rate, come, take a seat, make yourself at home my friend. Can I get you a drink? Mead, mulled wine, flaming gumball…what be your poison master Vindisval?"

Na’im is very much in his element acting as the pawnbroker and lays the lance carefully on the table and rubs his hand together "Have you any scrolls or elemental weapons-they seem to be very hard to come by these days-for myself at least! I only have one weapon on me for that matter..." he adds gloomily

Indeed we have me, though I believe only briefly. And not recently, we have both seen many miles beneath our feet since then. He looks to the bar, and grins. ​Surprise me sir. The mistress of this place has never been known to disappoint.

I have many weapons, elemental and otherwise, and not a few stones with which to mount adorn them. What powers do you seek? Of scrolls I have but a scant two, one which I could not part with. Would you cause your foes bones to shatter beneath your touch? That I can help you do. What are your plans for this realm? On which Path would you set your foot?

Vindsval leans as lightly as he can against the wall, opens his belongings so that his "host" can see what it is he has to offer in trade, and awaits to see what exotic beverage Sheharizad and Na'im would concoct for him.

"Ah, do not be disheartened my dear women-a bit of friendly bartering never hurt anyone! Come, sit with us you may find it to be worth your while." Says Na’im gesturing to a nearby bar stool

Jinnipher's pointy ears perked up as she listened to conversation. "I have nothing of what you seek, unless you want..." she dug around in her bag and placed the Vorpalis Conquerors on the table, along with a bottle of Myyrh, which she had no idea she owned, "these. I also have gold. But it seems the giant is armed to the teeth with blades and can make deals from thin air."

Zannaqim signs up for the Fields of Glory as well. *I may be weak, but this wondrous medal the Arthur has given me will grant me great strength and defense, or with the cowl he gave me I may hide back and observe and learn. I can stand with the strongest of the tribe, if only I am given the chance!*

---------------

As the group surrounding the Fields hopefuls begins to diminish, Arthur passes near Boris, happening to see a familiar-looking bottle poking slightly out of his pack. "Hmm..." After digging through his own belongings, Arthur pulls out his Staff of Ennon--a weapon he would likely never use again--and approaches Boris. "Excuse me, sir, I couldn't help but notice you have a tin of Bright Polish there...would you care to trade it for, say, this staff and 50 gold?"

She takes another swig from her flask. "Well thanks, kid." She passed it to Terry again. "Reading from books was boring, I call tell you that much. My parents always wanted me to be a scholar or leader of some sort, even to work under King Faust some day." She snorted. "Imagine that, me in politics. Even when our numbers are so few the Moon Elves can't seem to figure out that they need to pick up a sword and swing it before any real change is going to happen."

"A deskjob? You? Nahh, no way, no how, I can see that. They didn't get you some really basic jobs though? Like, I sweeped floors at the merchant's shack for a year or two... But are most moon elevs really lassifish, errr, pacifists?"

Jinnipher's pointy ears perked up as she listened to conversation. "I have nothing of what you seek, unless you want..." she dug around in her bag and placed the Vorpalis Conquerors on the table, along with a bottle of Myyrh, which she had no idea she owned, "these. I also have gold. But it seems the giant is armed to the teeth with blades and can make deals from thin air."

“Deals from thin air?” Na’im lets out a tinkling laugh “That is indeed something new! A supremely useful talent though, would you not agree?”

Na’im stroked his chin "Well it does appear a powerful trinket, but I am not sure smiting things is especially my style-here, you keep it-you have a warrior’s air about you-I am sure you can put it to better use than I."

Na’ims face brightens as he examines his fellow hero "Say you are a moon elf my dear? I have not seen one in many a year-what be your story miss…?"

Indeed we have me, though I believe only briefly. And not recently, we have both seen many miles beneath our feet since then. He looks to the bar, and grins. ​Surprise me sir. The mistress of this place has never been known to disappoint.

"Too long indeed master Vindisval. A cocktail it shall be!" he summons over Secherazade and murmurs a list of ingredients to her "In Fenario, we call this the ‘Crimson Spelesian dawn’ something of an inside joke really among us Fenarians really-" Secherazade returns with a glass and a small pile of ingredients which Na’im goes about arranging with a look of intense concentration on his features "-You see, all Fenarians have been accused of being vampires at some point or other in their lives-" Na’im carefully adds a small volume of rum and then a couple of drops of elvish wine "-And we have an age old rivalry with the star elves, so it is something of a joke that we should claim drink the blood of our most bitter rivals after a victory!” Na’im crushes the juice out of a large bulbous fruit and stirs the finished drink triumphantly "Feeling particularly vampiric master Vindisval?" says Na’im with a slightly maniacal gleam in his eye, as he offers Vindisval his glass

I have many weapons, elemental and otherwise, and not a few stones with which to mount adorn them. What powers do you seek? Of scrolls I have but a scant two, one which I could not part with. Would you cause your foes bones to shatter beneath your touch? That I can help you do. What are your plans for this realm? On which Path would you set your foot?

Na’im pauses in reflection "Well, when I was in Fenario I felt drawn to this item." he holds out the Shamanic plate "Coincidence, no? Whatever the case, I feel I must become stronger and hit harder, much like our barbarian friends, to become a viable force-there are more heroes than ever in our organisation, and quest places are becoming more competitive than ever. Na’im chuckles "But they will always have need of healers like you and me, eh master Vindisval?"

Na’im draws in a breath "My, oh my that broomstick of yours-simply marvellous-where on Olegia did you find it? (Verkenner (WP:10, Darkness elemental Broomstick,(X2 against Humanoid and Holy/Luminous)ranged)) Would you be willing to part with it? For the right price of course."

Keliim while drinking his mead, he thinks about who had signed up, including himself, for the fields so far. He looks through the hall to see all of them.

In the same table there was Ezeran and Kiray, Zannaqim, Siercon.

Then there was Vindsval, Jinnipher and Arthur had maybe he´ll sign up.

Then he also spots the newcomer Addok-Zo.

He asks Kiray, "Ye came back fr'm th' fields recently, what kind o' party did ye have 'nd how didst ye fare?"

Edited by Mencot

"It was me, Miderun the barbarian, a rogue named Germ, and Na'im a cleric. I'd say we fared pretty well until our luck ran out, for some reason. There were some heated moments between us, but we managed to pull through, mostly."

"Aye, alrecht." Talks a bit more quiet, "Germ, th't wast th' strange one th't bought mi longsword, right?"

Empties another mead and asks Ezeran, "So ye said ye wh're tae Zylstra on a quest recently, what wast th't ye said it was burn'd down? Wh't 'bout all th' gnomes 'nd other citizens?"

Fenrì the wolf wakes form its sleep and circles away from behind Keliims chair, it walks beside Ezeran and lies down and looks with intrest but slight confussion on the slumbering demonbelly.

"Aye, alrecht." Talks a bit more quiet, "Germ, th't wast th' strange one th't bought mi longsword, right?"

Empties another mead and asks Ezeran, "So ye said ye wh're tae Zylstra on a quest recently, what wast th't ye said it was burn'd down? Wh't 'bout all th' gnomes 'nd other citizens?"

Fenrì the wolf wakes form its sleep and circles away from behind Keliims chair, it walks beside Ezeran and lies down and looks with intrest but slight confussion on the slumbering demonbelly.

Ezeran draws a sad sigh when Zylstra is mentioned. He lets one of his arms drop so that the wolf could smell it. "It's a sad story. We were called upon by the imps because they had been accused of a murder of a gnomish woman. It was me, the boy knight Petaldan, Ellaria the alchemist, Hunkan the dwarf, Kid Reddson and some kind of pirate infused in a badly welded automata. After an investigation of the crime scene we could easily conclude that the imps were wrongly accused and likely framed by a third party. We later found a hidden mine where someone had been mining etherium."

Ezeran shows his pauldrons, shimmering in the dim light of the hall the others around the table could see a tint coming from the embedded etherium. "Now this is nasty stuff in the wrong hands! It can easily block out magic and that was the true intention of the mine, an operation to mine enough etherium to block out entire cadres of mages or imps."

Ezeran drank som more mulled wine before he continues. "A mysterious figure called 'the admiral' had served as an advisor to the gnomish mayor and she turned out to be a leader of the infamous 'Crimson Crown', an sect devoted to eradicate magic. We were ambushed by them and in the wake of the battle the cardinal fled and they set Zylstra on fire. Many gnomes and imps made it out of there but probably not all of them. One of the imps fighting beside us died and now it seems that Zylstra is place of ash and soot." Ezeran sighs again. "The cardinal will probably be back and I sure hope the houses will be prepared. Even though I don't care much for the Ziegfrieds they too must be careful in the future." The symbiont stirred in its sleep, probably dreaming a dream not understood by mortals.

Edited by MysticModulus

"It was me, Miderun the barbarian, a rogue named Germ, and Na'im a cleric. I'd say we fared pretty well until our luck ran out, for some reason. There were some heated moments between us, but we managed to pull through, mostly."

And like magic Germ falls out of the sky...(more like the rafters). Aaaaoooo. Some ones talking about me. He looks at Kelm then back at Kairy. Oh, I am now a Dark Knight or was it Black Knight...Maybe is was Midnight.

The symbiont stirred in its sleep, probably dreaming a dream not understood by mortals.

Then spotted the dark creature wondering what it was "exactly".

Edited by samuraiturtle

"Too long indeed master Vindisval. A cocktail it shall be!" he summons over Secherazade and murmurs a list of ingredients to her "In Fenario, we call this the ‘Crimson Spelesian dawn’ something of an inside joke really among us Fenarians really-" Secherazade returns with a glass and a small pile of ingredients which Na’im goes about arranging with a look of intense concentration on his features "-You see, all Fenarians have been accused of being vampires at some point or other in their lives-" Na’im carefully adds a small volume of rum and then a couple of drops of elvish wine "-And we have an age old rivalry with the star elves, so it is something of a joke that we should claim drink the blood of our most bitter rivals after a victory!” Na’im crushes the juice out of a large bulbous fruit and stirs the finished drink triumphantly "Feeling particularly vampiric master Vindisval?" says Na’im with a slightly maniacal gleam in his eye, as he offers Vindisval his glass

Na’im pauses in reflection "Well, when I was in Fenario I felt drawn to this item." he holds out the Shamanic plate "Coincidence, no? Whatever the case, I feel I must become stronger and hit harder, much like our barbarian friends, to become a viable force-there are more heroes than ever in our organisation, and quest places are becoming more competitive than ever. Na’im chuckles "But they will always have need of healers like you and me, eh master Vindisval?"

Na’im draws in a breath "My, oh my that broomstick of yours-simply marvellous-where on Olegia did you find it? (Verkenner (WP:10, Darkness elemental Broomstick,(X2 against Humanoid and Holy/Luminous)ranged)) Would you be willing to part with it? For the right price of course."

Vindsval accepts the offered concoction, taking it gingerly in his enormous hand. It would not do to break any more of the mistress' glassware.

He raises it to his host. To your health, may your path be ever interesting.

The Path of the Shaman you say? Tis a good and noble one. There can be great power in embracing the beastial nature we hold within our breasts. Though I fear it was not an option I could have considered. I must never allow myself the chance to lose control. My beast must stay ever changed if I am to be viewed as a man. You and yours can sympathize with my existence I suspect.

At the mention of his broomstick, he pulls the work Rock Broom from its scabbard at his side. Its grip is worn smooth from use, the wood and the steel reinforcing bands surround it polished by the hand that wielded it. The long weapon appears but as a wand when the Giant lays it flat on his palm.

This is Verkenner. It means Pathfinder in my mother's tongue. You ask where I found it? Truly I tell you here in our very own marketplace. The dwarves smith had a desert rock broom among his wares. He and I crafted it into what you now see. You see the clawed head here? He points to the hooked end of the device the people of the foothills of the near north use it to pry stones from the ground at the entryways of the homes and knock them away. But this is a strangely magical weapon. Watch. See why I named it Pathfinder.

The giant looks around the hall and sees a particularly large knothole in the far wall.

Keep an eye on that blacked circle of wood above the far tables.

He gives the Broomstick a flick with his thumb and it begins to spin on his palm. With a slinging motion, as used by a youngling to skip a stone, he sends the broomstick rocketing strait at the knothole. The tip strikes it squarely in the recenter, rebounds and returns to his waiting hand.

Magnificent is it not? I have felled many foes with this humble tool. The smith and I have strengthened it in many ways since first I bought it. Not the least way in this. He points to a polished amethyst. This adds to its power. It causes it to seek the life of men, and beings from the higher planes. Against those, its strength is much increased. While not my first weapon. It was the first from this hall. I have carried it for quite some time.

He places it lightly on the table.

It has served me quite well over the years.

And like magic Germ falls out of the sky...(more like the rafters). Aaaaoooo. Some ones talking about me. He looks at Kelm then back at Kairy. Oh, I am now a Dark Knight or was it Black Knight...Maybe is was Midnight.

"Seems like a good fit for you. It's Black Knight, by the way."

Ezeran draws a sad sigh when Zylstra is mentioned. He lets one of his arms drop so that the wolf could smell it. "It's a sad story. We were called upon by the imps because they had been accused of a murder of a gnomish woman. It was me, the boy knight Petaldan, Ellaria the alchemist, Hunkan the dwarf, Kid Reddson and some kind of pirate infused in a badly welded automata. After an investigation of the crime scene we could easily conclude that the imps were wrongly accused and likely framed by a third party. We later found a hidden mine where someone had been mining etherium."

Ezeran shows his pauldrons, shimmering in the dim light of the hall the others around the table could see a tint coming from the embedded etherium. "Now this is nasty stuff in the wrong hands! It can easily block out magic and that was the true intention of the mine, an operation to mine enough etherium to block out entire cadres of mages or imps."

Ezeran drank som more mulled wine before he continues. "A mysterious figure called 'the admiral' had served as an advisor to the gnomish mayor and she turned out to be a leader of the infamous 'Crimson Crown', an sect devoted to eradicate magic. We were ambushed by them and in the wake of the battle the cardinal fled and they set Zylstra on fire. Many gnomes and imps made it out of there but probably not all of them. One of the imps fighting beside us died and now it seems that Zylstra is place of ash and soot." Ezeran sighs again. "The cardinal will probably be back and I sure hope the houses will be prepared. Even though I don't care much for the Ziegfrieds they too must be careful in the future." The symbiont stirred in its sleep, probably dreaming a dream not understood by mortals.

Fenrì gets closer to Ezeran and his hand and carefuly sniffs it.

Kellim listening to the story of Zylstras destruction and it bothered him much, so many innocent people had to suffer. "Crimson Crown...!" A anger kind of state went through the big mans eyes, his mouth twitched and he gripped his fist when he heard that Crimson Crown was behind the thing. The just a second ago so calm and laid-back warrior changed totally, he poured the mug of mead down his throat to calm him self down.

"Could had guess'd those air-heads w're behind something like th't... th' Cardinal, ye said it was she. Ye saw her face or did she use one o' those white masks?

'nd She got away, tae my knowledge th' Cardinal is th' leader of th' dread'd cult. Disturbin' news. Do ye know if they have more o' this Etherium?"

He pauses They will be back, 'nd will probably hit hard'r th'n... against Heroica also, we are enemies now in th'ir eyes... but I atleast will be waitin'"

Edited by Mencot

Even though he seemed calm the people around the table could probably detect a fiery red glint of demonic fire in the eyes of Ezeran. "She was masked and maybe she wasn't a woman but she sounded like it. Many of the cultists that were defeated had etheriumbased equipment on them like my pauldrons here. There is one thing that reassures me though, they are zealous in their hate of magic and users of magic and that blind hate will make them weak. I'm sure our organisation can withstand them if we prepare ourselves. But lets not make the same mistakes ourselves." Ezeran points at the group of people with the uncorteous Wakorian in the middle. "Even hate against realistic threats can blind you and if we act stupid enough, without courtesy, tact and empahty we will make the same mistakes as the Crimson Crown, and we will surely become as dangerous..."

Edited by MysticModulus

Noticing that the man with a mouth-for-a-torso pointing in his general vicinity, Addok-Zo goes to listen to his conversation. He chuckles. "Hate is a good motivation to kill, besides gold, of course. Unless you're one of those crazies who kills for the fun of it then hmph, bravo to you. But I will give you credit where it's do - keeping a clear and concentrated mind makes for a deadly killer." He chuckles again. "And about before, just realize that I am not how you say 'courteous.' I never heard of a polite warrior so I don't consider myself to be one. But I will remain open-minded towards you and others and treat you all fairly... for now." He extends his hand out for a handshake. "Fair?"

Vindsval accepts the offered concoction, taking it gingerly in his enormous hand. It would not do to break any more of the mistress' glassware.

He raises it to his host. To your health, may your path be ever interesting.

"To your health!" echoes Naim

"Oh no, I wouldn’t say that about my path master Vindisval! Sometimes…sometimes I think I would prefer getting away from all this and enjoying the simple life, but then again I doubt I’ll ever tire of seeing new lands, meeting new people or experiencing new customs-that is what being a member of this organisation-a hero if you may, though I feel that sounds rather bigoted-is at heart to me."

At the mention of his broomstick, he pulls the work Rock Broom from its scabbard at his side. Its grip is worn smooth from use, the wood and the steel reinforcing bands surround it polished by the hand that wielded it. The long weapon appears but as a wand when the Giant lays it flat on his palm.

This is Verkenner. It means Pathfinder in my mother's tongue. You ask where I found it? Truly I tell you here in our very own marketplace. The dwarves smith had a desert rock broom among his wares. He and I crafted it into what you now see. You see the clawed head here? He points to the hooked end of the device the people of the foothills of the near north use it to pry stones from the ground at the entryways of the homes and knock them away. But this is a strangely magical weapon. Watch. See why I named it Pathfinder.

The giant looks around the hall and sees a particularly large knothole in the far wall.

Keep an eye on that blacked circle of wood above the far tables.

He gives the Broomstick a flick with his thumb and it begins to spin on his palm. With a slinging motion, as used by a youngling to skip a stone, he sends the broomstick rocketing strait at the knothole. The tip strikes it squarely in the recenter, rebounds and returns to his waiting hand.

Magnificent is it not? I have felled many foes with this humble tool. The smith and I have strengthened it in many ways since first I bought it. Not the least way in this. He points to a polished amethyst. This adds to its power. It causes it to seek the life of men, and beings from the higher planes. Against those, its strength is much increased. While not my first weapon. It was the first from this hall. I have carried it for quite some time.

He places it lightly on the table.

It has served me quite well over the years.

"Simply marvellous!" Says Na'im clapping his hands merrily after the demonstration "A mighty fine weapon indeed! I have no doubt it has served you well!"

The Path of the Shaman you say? Tis a good and noble one. There can be great power in embracing the beastial nature we hold within our breasts. Though I fear it was not an option I could have considered. I must never allow myself the chance to lose control. My beast must stay ever changed if I am to be viewed as a man. You and yours can sympathize with my existence I suspect.

"A noble sentiment." agrees Na'im he looks the giant up and down "Many of your kind do not share your views then? I have heard of the great works the giants have built in Dupolvia but have never met one in the flesh."

Na'im nods "I suppose it is a worthy path, though I have hardly given it much thought since I picked up this trinket…so much has happened since, I have not had much time to reflect on what it means for my future-though if a Shaman I am to be, I will need many more weapons to back my decision."