Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Oh. Huh. And, what, you...were there? Ya' saw the dead there?" Atramor raised an eyebrow. "Don't s'pose the bit 'bout 'walkin' towards the light' is true or not? I'd like to know what to steer clear of." He chuckled a bit, not entire sure if Hybros had the full picture. Then again, with the things he'd seen, waltzing into hell and back didn't seem all that absurd...or even remotely unlikely, really. What kind of things could he possibly doubt any more?

"Yes, and we were able to come back just as easily." Hybros scratched his head. "I suppose it was made of light. In the center of Etheria there is a big beam of light that pierces the clouds. That is the Font. I think it also interferes with how time and space work, but do not ask me about that for I have no idea, heheh." He sipped his drink. "Why are humans so worried about death anyway? You are rather young for a human are you not?"

"It was very different. Still getting used to everything. Thought the world was crazy back then, but it barely holds a match to the way it is now. Mostly you just kept to your own kingdom, looked after your own folks and yourself. Fought a war if someone invaded, or if you needed to invade them, but mostly we just kept to ourselves. Don't think the world is quite like that anymore. But who knows? Seems like a lot of these threats have been brewing for centuries, so might be I just didn't see them before."

"It sounds like much of the same today. Everyone wants something, and they are willing to invade or kill others for it. The Wolfgang, or the Order Imperial for example."

Hybros idly examined his Dastan equipment after the conversation died down.

A cloaked figure enters the hall, flipping a coin in his hand as he looks around. Pulling off the hood, he looks around the hall, noticing some new as well as old faces.He pockets the coin and trudges over to a table where a small band of heroes sit.

"It sounds like much of the same today. Everyone wants something, and they are willing to invade or kill others for it. The Wolfgang, or the Order Imperial for example."

"At least some of us are still around, eh?" Johon says, approaching the edge of the table. "Well... at least you all..." the raider trails off. It'd been months since he'd last quested at all, and still didn't know how to deal with the situation. Partly unable to forgive himself for his actions but conflicted that he had been trying to help. "How many people are still around here anyways?" he inquires.

"At least some of us are still around, eh?" Johon says, approaching the edge of the table. "Well... at least you all..." the raider trails off. It'd been months since he'd last quested at all, and still didn't know how to deal with the situation. Partly unable to forgive himself for his actions but conflicted that he had been trying to help. "How many people are still around here anyways?" he inquires.

Hybros looked up at the newcomer. He vaguely remembered the wild man in the Hall causing a ruckus or two. "There are a few," he replied, gesturing towards the others at the table which included a pirate, a king, an elf, and an ogre. The Hall was filled with other heroes but it appeared they had all become focused on their drinks or such other diversions. "You must have been gone for sometime. Why do you not take a seat?" he asked a little warily, unsure if the man would go swinging from chandeliers again.

The burly man shrugs, "Sitting tires me." he replies. "Besides, I'm probably going to head to the marketplace to sell some junk." he motions with his head to some artifacts tossed over his shoulder. "Been weighing me down long enough. I'm just trying to decide if I'll settle down or try and actually fight for a cause. This city... it's dying. I just don't know if and what there is to do anymore..."

The burly man shrugs, "Sitting tires me." he replies. "Besides, I'm probably going to head to the marketplace to sell some junk." he motions with his head to some artifacts tossed over his shoulder. "Been weighing me down long enough. I'm just trying to decide if I'll settle down or try and actually fight for a cause. This city... it's dying. I just don't know if and what there is to do anymore..."

Hybros noted a grey cloth among the pile of artifacts. "Perhaps you would be willing to part with that... hm, well I suppose very Nondescript Cape." He held up the Dastan Helmet (SP:4, immune to Earth; headwear). "Would this be a sufficient trade?"

"As for a cause to fight for... Are you not sided with the Sungold Alliance or Crescent Union? It would seem the battle lines are drawn, and this city is about to be as lively as ever... heheh."

"Why not?" He shrugs, accepting the trade.

"As for a cause to fight for... Are you not sided with the Sungold Alliance or Crescent Union? It would seem the battle lines are drawn, and this city is about to be as lively as ever... heheh."

"Well, I'd hate to start a fight, now wouldn't I?" He jokes. "In all seriousness though, this probably will all come to... an unfortunate end for Heroica, or at least it's already, hmm... glorious reputation..."

"Why not?" He shrugs, accepting the trade.

"Well, I'd hate to start a fight, now wouldn't I?" He jokes. "In all seriousness though, this probably will all come to... an unfortunate end for Heroica, or at least it's already, hmm... glorious reputation..."

Hybros nods and accepts the cape in return for the helmet. "If you are going to the marketplace I think I will join you." Hybros rises and the pair begin to walk. It was a pleasant spring day. "What makes you think Heroica will be gone by the end of this conflict in the city? We do much more than choose sides, I think... heheh."

CURRENT SIGN-UPS:

heroicaquest148.jpg

1. Atramor Gibbin, Level 42 1/5 Rogue Thief (CallMePie)

2. Monk Pretzel, Level 35 Artisan (Palathadric)

3. Namyrra Uq, Level 51 1/5 Necromancer (Quarryman)

4. Althior Emorith, Level 55 2/5 Prophet (K-Nut)

5. Hybros, Level 44 4/5 Marauder (JimButcher)

6. Thalion Dwinlas, Level 33 Mystic Knight (-obelix-)

QM Note: It shouldn't take too long of a wait now. I still have the renovation issue going on but it looks like it'll be finished soon.

(OoC: In case Johon doesn't return from the marketplace in time.)

When Johon returns, passing by the quest-board he quickly scribbles his name down under quest 148.

Edited by Bricksandparts

The air is briefly static in Heroica Hall - the sort of tension right before the strike of lightning and clash of thunder in a storm. And for once, it is not in fact a metaphor for restless heroes or enormous quests.

Lightning does literally strike inside, yet not a mark is left upon the floor of a saloon. A tall, oddly slender orcish woman, that certainly was not present before, gives a lazy smile and brushes the tiniest bit of soot off the hem of her dress, while a more sturdily built nordic fellow seems to be mid-sentence.

26053455493_b5214846ec.jpg

26657446325_1f3e6b0324_t.jpg

"-on't work if there's-" He pauses, and blinks a few times, looking around with an odd sense of recognition. His brow furrows and he scratches his beard. "Bloody hell Bastala, can you give me a moment of warning next time?"

26630643736_a9447209dd_t.jpg

"Well, you seemed doubtful. I thought perhaps a proper demonstration was in order....ooh, wine." Without missing a beat the woman scoops up a goblet off the counter and takes a sip. Scherazade looks about ready to bite her head off, perhaps also literally, but upon noticing the nord she's served plenty over the years, as well as the list he's carrying, she stifles her rebukes into a growl and continues cleaning a few plates.

"Are the drinks always this lovely here in this sweet little city of yours? Mmh, such a strange flavor...and free, you say?"

26657446325_1f3e6b0324_t.jpg

"Aye, it's....hold up, do you mean Eubric, or the wine?"

"Heehee. Ah, a shame we can't stay longer, but I daresay we may be running just a sliver behind schedule anyhow...the heroes, if you would, dear?"

The nord pins a note on top of one of the current quests on the quest board, and goes to stand beside the woman, who is now sampling yet another drink, both now awaiting the arrival of the party at their spot at the bar.

Chosen Heroes for Quest #150: A Moment of Silence

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 36.25 Vindicator (Zepher)

Skrall, Level 43.4 Hunter (Waterbrick Down)

Thalion Dwinlas, Level 32 Mystic Knight (-obelix-)

Nerwen Calmcacil, Level 40.4 Shaman (Chromeknight) *Party Leader*

Hybros wanders back to the Hall. It was even emptier than before. Strange how people come and go so quickly. He sat down and removed the Black Hat, disappointed that Fabian had been unresponsive to his offers. He began twiddling his thumbs, wondering how long Heroica would wait on the sightings in Goetia.

Goliath watches as the imp enters the hall and sits down. Goliath slowly approaches him, staggering as he walks on his steel peg leg. The clangor of the automaton consumes the room with the tunes of gears and other parts turning. Unable to sit with the imp, he stands and speaks,

MPtrovU.png

"WHY. YE. BE. SO. DISTRAUGHT?"

Hybros jumps in his seat. The mostrosity of metal parts was even bigger than Skrall. "Oh! Er... distraught? I think you might have me mistaken, auto... auto... ehem, whatever it is that the Tritech call you."

MPtrovU.png

"APOLOGIES. ME. NAME. BE. GOLIATH." He pauses for a second. "WHAT. BE. YER. NAME?"

Edited by Goliath

Althior walks up to Hybros and drops 100 gold on the table. "Will that cover the hat?"

Hybros tensed up at the machine's booming voice. "Erm, Hybros." He kept his hand to himself for fear of it being crushed. "I was not aware that the Tritech inserted one of their own into Heroica. What is it that they hope to achieve?"

Althior walks up to Hybros and drops 100 gold on the table. "Will that cover the hat?"

Hybros slid over the Black Hat and scooped up the gold. The hat had fit him well over the years, but it was no longer needed.

MPtrovU.png

"WHO. BE. THIS. TRITECH. YE. SPEAK. OF?"

Edited by Goliath

Bastala.

Looking at the note pinned to the quest board Nerwen grins a wolfish grin.

Oh this will be fun.

"Good lucky, Nerwen! If you have any purchases to make, I can negotiate with the marketeers for you."

Boomingham salutes Hybros and Atramor. "Stay safe, boys." He glances over at his employer, but decides to take a quick trip to the market first.

Nerwen accepts the scroll of elemental aura from Arthur to give to Thalion, who was currently in discussion with the Orc who made her sudden appearance. She, in turn hands him a package.

For Vindisval: Razor (user is Blessed and Immune to Bleeding, Enraged, and Encouraged; May take up any artifact slot; requires a shaved head), Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14; Light-Elemental, Meditate becomes hits; longsword),400g.

Speaking to Pretzel she says More alcohol Master Monk. Shamaning is thirsty work. Two mulled wines and three meads if you please.

She waits for Pretzel to return before joining the others.

I bring the items to Nerwen

"That will be 132 gold.

MPtrovU.png

"WHO. BE. THIS. TRITECH. YE. SPEAK. OF?"

"Your creators I would assume..." Hybros thought of Jeaux, who also had no idea what he was talking about. "Unless you came from somewhere else..."

I bring the items to Nerwen

"That will be 132 gold.

"Ehehm, Monk. If you are giving discounts at the marketplace, I would like 2 Nostrums and 3 Meads, if you do not mind."