Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Oh, I have something for you," Johon says, passing a purse of 1500 gold to Lind.

"That is a lot of coin!" I note in some surprise. "I suppose it is the wealthy who have time for heroing, isn't it?"

"Work your way up," Johon replies. "perhaps someday you'll be able to toss your money around." He jokes. "Ahh, looks like there's finally a quest up." Johon says.

"Work your way up," Johon replies. "perhaps someday you'll be able to toss your money around." He jokes. "Ahh, looks like there's finally a quest up." Johon says.

Windus peeked into his satchel, and found it empty of coin. His eyes followed the transfer of money.

"Work your way up," Johon replies. "perhaps someday you'll be able to toss your money around." He jokes.

"Yep. It takes time, but you'll start to see the cash coming in." The Black Knight pointed towards the doctor's Bag of Holding. "A shovel's a good first investment, that or a bedroll. Bedrolls are useful too."

"Ahh, looks like there's finally a quest up." Johon says.

"Yep. Killing some plants for someone who I'm guessing is an arbormancer. The reward's not terribly great - just an emerald - but it's the first quest that wasn't a Fields trip in ages."

"Did you sign up?" Johon asks, trying to decide if he should join.

"I signed up, but I have a few second thoughts about it - wondering if I should wait for something a little more profitable to come along. Also, an emerald isn't really worth risking not being here when the current crowd of questees starts coming back, all loaded down with gold and looking to lighten themselves a bit - or even worse, not being here and having someone else start cutting me out of the market while I'm gone.

But, there's always the lure of the quest, the lure of action, instead of just sitting here in the Hall. So, my name's still on the board."

"Which reminds me..."

The Black Knight added a new item to his list of wares.

1xheroica-lastwishpowder.jpgLast Wish Powder (Turns the targeted enemy into an undead that will join a necromancer’s army automatically after being defeated; if there is no necromancer present, the enemy will be fully revived as an undead type and will have to be fought again, but it won’t drop anything; cannot be used on demon, holy, ethereal or mechanical enemies.)

Costs 300 gold, price negotiable.

"Yep. It takes time, but you'll start to see the cash coming in." The Black Knight pointed towards the doctor's Bag of Holding. "A shovel's a good first investment, that or a bedroll. Bedrolls are useful too."

"Yep. Killing some plants for someone who I'm guessing is an arbormancer. The reward's not terribly great - just an emerald - but it's the first quest that wasn't a Fields trip in ages."

"I indeed have a shovel."

Thalion enters the Hall and stops by the Quest Board. Seeing there is a new quest on it, he signs his name for Quest #142 Day of the Triffid.

Thalion enters the Hall and stops by the Quest Board. Seeing there is a new quest on it, he signs his name for Quest #142 Day of the Triffid.

"Master Thalion! Good to see you again!" Lind called, and waved for the knight to join their table.

Johon decides it couldn't hurt to sign up for quest 142.

"That's a very excellent sword you have there," the black knight said, pointing to the Gladius. "What's the story behind it? Where'd you get it from?"

"Hmmm...a shovel? I suppose if we are going to be fighting off fiendish plants we may need to bring a shovel along to help out with the gardening. I don't usually spend my time engaged in that manner...seems a waste of talent...but perhaps I'll go purchase the shovel."

Meanwhile, Pretzel stroll over to the board, but seeing the quest available, turns away again.

"Master Thalion! Good to see you again!" Lind called, and waved for the knight to join their table.

Thalion turns around, "Ah, master Lind... Good to see you again! Sorry, in recent times I often get lost in thoughts and find myself meditating in the forest outside Eubric." He takes a seat at the table, "How have you been?"

Thalion turns around, "Ah, master Lind... Good to see you again! Sorry, in recent times I often get lost in thoughts and find myself meditating in the forest outside Eubric." He takes a seat at the table, "How have you been?"

"Quite well, thank you! I've joined the Crescent Union, entered into politics, and opened a bit of a store, dealing in Crescent goods."

"Is this man a hero too?" I whisper to Lind.

"Indeed he is, although I've yet to have the pleasure of questing with him. This is Master Thalion Dwinlas, Mystic Knight. Master Thalion, meet Petaldan Parfenius, Knight."

"Quite well, thank you! I've joined the Crescent Union, entered into politics, and opened a bit of a store, dealing in Crescent goods."

"Politics? The last this Eubric needs is more politics, but I am glad you are doing so well for yourself. This Cresent Union; what is that, pray tell...? And tell me more about that store of yours."

"Is this man a hero too?" I whisper to Lind.
"Indeed he is, although I've yet to have the pleasure of questing with him. This is Master Thalion Dwinlas, Mystic Knight. Master Thalion, meet Petaldan Parfenius, Knight."

"I apologize, I did not introduce myself. Indeed I am! Thalion Dwinlas, and it is my pleasure to meet you master Petaldan." Thalion said with a slight bow.

"Politics? The last this Eubric needs is more politics, but I am glad you are doing so well for yourself. This Cresent Union; what is that, pray tell...?

"Thank you! Well, the six houses finally have come to heads, and are drawing up battle lines. Zeigfried, Bonaparte, and Hinckwell have formed the Sungold Alliance - they think that Eubric's just fine the way it is - and the Jei Pi, Guild of Invision, and the Shadeaux have formed the Crescent Union. We think that Eubric has some good parts to it, but we also think that some change does need to happen, for the good of the city.

Currently, each house is trying to elect a king over Eubric, and they're reaching out to the heroes to choose whom is elected.

I was just signing up to vote, and I was trying to pick a candidate - the houses each have their own pet nominee, and that alchemist Guts - who's a Marauder, now, apparently - when a though suddenly struck me. Who, throughout history, have been the leaders to be least easily corrupted? Well, the ones that were elected without wanting to be elected. Those who didn't want that kind of power. And, I for one, don't want that kind of power - unlike, I calculated, quite literally every other candidate on the ballet. So, following historical logic, I placed myself in the running."

The black knight shrugged.

"Admittedly, the logic of the whole thing would have worked a bit better if someone else had nominated me, but...still."

And tell me more about that store of yours."

"Ah!" Lind smiled broadly. "I can hook you up with some of the nicest gear and trinkets you can find. Want your weapon to damage undead and ignore defense? I can hook you up with just that attachment. Grating stones, Mobius rings - well, here's a copy of my selling sheet and you can take a look for yourself."

"Oh? I did not know heroes had time for meditation and such things. Isn't there too much good that needs to be done?"

I stare at Lind as he talks about becoming king of Eubric.

"Scary! My mom always told me that I should not let power get to my head. It seems a bit of a stretch to put a claim for kingship when apparently no one supports you. ...or maybe this is all over my head..."

I stare at Lind as he talks about becoming king of Eubric.

"Scary! My mom always told me that I should not let power get to my head. It seems a bit of a stretch to put a claim for kingship when apparently no one supports you. ...or maybe this is all over my head..."

"It's not a claim, it's a ballot. I'm not asking people to vote for me, nor am I saying that I'm more qualified than anyone else for the job - I'm not. (Beyond a childhood filled with studying history, that is.)

But I am saying I'm the one person on that list who doesn't want that sort of power. And that it's the person who wants power the least, that takes the longest to be corrupted by it."

The black knight shrugged. "Although, yes, it would probably have been better if someone else had put me on the ballot..."

Having reached the end of the discussion with Pretzel, Nerwen looks around. Hearing bird-boy mention the Cresent Union she wanders over and casually asks,

Guts wants to lead the union? Have you spoken to him about it? Did he say why?

Having reached the end of the discussion with Pretzel, Nerwen looks around. Hearing bird-boy mention the Cresent Union she wanders over and casually asks,

Guts wants to lead the union? Have you spoken to him about it? Did he say why?

"No, I just saw that he'd put his name down on the ballet."

Did you vote for him also?

"No, through a long and complicated string of logic, I voted for myself, because the people that have taken the longest to be corrupted by an office are those who least want that office. And I most assuredly don't want that kind of power. So, I was the most logical candidate." Edited by Lind Whisperer