Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"...That...is a very wide spectrum."

"indeed. Well, shall we head to the bar while we await more members?"

"indeed. Well, shall we head to the bar while we await more members?"

"Quite." The Black Knight nodded to Johon to follow them. "So - water for me, what'll you have?"

"Quite." The Black Knight nodded to Johon to follow them. "So - water for me, what'll you have?"

"I'll have a blind ale."

The doors of the hall swing open and in strides a confident-looking shrimp.

petaldan_parfenius.jpg

"This is it. 'Heroica Hall' said they. I cannot say it looks like much from here. Time to find someone in need of rescue."

Petaldan Parfenius casts his eyes round the hall in search of something noble to do with his time.

Edited by Palathadric

petaldan_parfenius.jpg

"This is it. 'Heroica Hall' said they. I cannot say it looks like much from here. Time to find someone in need of rescue."

Petaldan Parfenius casts his eyes round the hall in search of something noble to do with his time.

Windus looks over at the boy. "Hey, care to join us," he pats Lind on the shoulder, "in a quest?" he points over at the quest board.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#142 by Sandy)!~

petaldan_parfenius.jpg

Lind smiled as he watched the new addition enter the Hall. "That brings back memories...Granted, I was all dressed in black - hard to find a rogue that isn't - but big rush of memories..."

Windus looks over at the boy. "Hey, care to join us," he pats Lind on the shoulder, "in a quest?" he points over at the quest board.

The Black Knight nodded to the new arrival. "Welcome to the Hall, friend."

"Quest? No. No. I'm here to do hero work. Are you per chance in need of a noble act of kindness?"

Lind smiled as he watched the new addition enter the Hall. "That brings back memories...Granted, I was all dressed in black - hard to find a rogue that isn't - but big rush of memories..."The Black Knight nodded to the new arrival. "Welcome to the Hall, friend."

"Thank you, kindly! What assistance are you in need of? It seems all the heroes are out then? I suppose that means I arrived at the right time, when I can be of the most use."

Edited by Palathadric

"Quest? No. No. I'm here to do hero work. Are you per chance in need of a noble act of kindness?"

"I'm in need of a steady customer base, pretty set on noble acts of kindness.

There might be some rats in the basement that need killing, though..."

"Thank you, kindly! What assistance are you in need of? It seems all the heroes are out then? I suppose that means I arrived at the right time, when I can be of the most use."

"There's a new quest on the board, someone bought the wrong type of plant seeds and they're a-hunting him. Or something.

I thought there was going to be a quest to collect Ten Dire Wolf tails, but that hasn't popped up yet for some reason..."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"I'm in need of a steady customer base, pretty set on noble acts of kindness.

I stare at Lind blankly.

There might be some rats in the basement that need killing, though..."

"Rats!" I say disappointedly. "I have killed 384 ogres in my day. Rats seems a bit low to stoop, but I suppose if that's the greatest help I can be."

"There's a new quest on the board, someone bought the wrong type of plant seeds and they're a-hunting him. Or something.

"Quest? Ah, is that what they call hero's acts of kindness. Well, perhaps I should head out on this quest then. Where do we go? Do we have any knowledge as to the villain's whereabouts?"

I thought there was going to be a quest to collect Ten Dire Wolf tails, but that hasn't popped up yet for some reason..."

I stare at Lind blankly once again.

Edited by Palathadric

"Quest? Ah, is that what they call hero's acts of kindness. Well, perhaps I should head out on this quest then. Where do we go? Do we have any knowledge as to the villain's whereabouts?"

"Yes, indeed it is what they are."

I"Rats!" I say disappointedly. "I have killed 384 ogres in my day.

"That...must have been a lot of ogres."

"All there on the board." Lind stepped forward again, and pointed. "The Hanging Gardens - there's a map in the Library. Our employer is being attacked by his plants. Apparently they've become carnivorous.

Huh. That'll be right in the middle of Sungold territory."

He said the name pointedly.

"Y'all have any understanding of the current political situation in Eubric?"

"Yes, indeed it is what they are."

"Yep. And they are disappointingly rare, these days. But when they happen - they happen."

The black knight proudly regarded the wipe sweep of his dragon-winged armor.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"Sir, you look a bit young, might i ask your age?"

OoC: @Palathadric

"That...must have been a lot of ogres."

"Indeed! All the ogres in the realm. I purged it and delivered the land from the foul plague. Vanquished the Giants too, but I was younger and couldn't keep track of the numbers then."

"All there on the board." Lind stepped forward again, and pointed. "Our employer is being attacked by his plants. Apparently they've become carnivorous.

"That sounds like as noble a venture as any!" I proclaim boldly. "To battle then. Let us go and liberate this person from the clutches of her cannibalus plants!"

"Y'all have any understanding of the current political situation in Eubric?"

"Affairs of the lofty with no hankering for heroism!" I proclaim loudly.

Seeing the questboard with names signed on it, I remove a ring from my finger, click it to the edge of my sword, and proceed to stamp it into the parchment.

I remove it satisfactorily, Petaldan Parfenius has now signed-up for Quest #142

"Sir, you look a bit young, might i ask your age?"

"When stating my age, having already spoken of my acts of heroism, I have always been scolded by my parents for bearing too much pride and haughtiness."

"Indeed! All the ogres in the realm. I purged it and delivered the land from the foul plague. Vanquished the Giants too, but I was younger and couldn't keep track of the numbers then."

"You...might not want to go around bragging like that." Lind nodded towards the impressive ogre sitting at the bar. "Heroicans come in all shapes and sizes."

"That sounds like as noble a venture as any!" I proclaim boldly. "To battle then. Let us go and liberate this person from the clutches of her cannibalus plants!"

"I'm pretty sure a "dorf" ending denotes a 'he'."

"You...might not want to go around bragging like that." Lind nodded towards the impressive ogre sitting at the bar. "Heroicans come in all shapes and sizes."

"'Heroicans'? What are they?"

"I'm pretty sure a "dorf" ending denotes a 'he'."

*Blank stare.*

Edited by Palathadric

"Did you come to this Hall to be a Hero?"

I laugh at the silly comment.

"Why else would I be in the Hall of Heroes?"

Edited by Palathadric

"Congrats. You're a Heroican, then."

"All right, then..." I say, not entirely convinced.

"Come join us for a drink, good sir."

"Thank you!" I say, before looking at the barstools. "Perhaps I will sit at this table here. Milk, please!"

"All right, then..." I say, not entirely convinced.

"Thank you!" I say, before looking at the barstools. "Perhaps I will sit at this table here. Milk, please!"

Windus stands up, and walks over to Paladin's table. He gestured to Lind to come and sit with them.

Windus stands up, and walks over to Paladin's table. He gestured to Lind to come and sit with them.

The Black Knight acquired a water from the bar, and joined the two at the table.

Johon approaches Lind and sits at the table.

"Greetings again." Johon says, sitting down. "You two new around here?" He inquires of the two new heroes. "Oh, I have something for you," Johon says, passing a purse of 1500 gold to Lind. "Hoping to get a signet and ring..." He whispers. "You need anything from the alliance?" He asks after giving Lind the payment.

Johon approaches Lind and sits at the table.

"Greetings again." Johon says, sitting down. "You two new around here?" He inquires of the two new heroes. "Oh, I have something for you," Johon says, passing a purse of 1500 gold to Lind. "Hoping to get a signet and ring..."

Lind accepted the purse. "Hmm, items like that would normally be more around 1875, unless you have something to barter..."
He whispers. "You need anything from the alliance?" He asks after giving Lind the payment.

"Ahhh...A sort of steady, standing "you get me what I need, I get you what you need," arrangement, then?

I could go for that. Not with everyone, obviously, but "first come, first served".

No, right at the moment I'm trying to save up 229 gold for Black Knight's Armor and Swift Boots. Or borrow it, if I get picked for a quest, but I'm hoping I can make that much in the interim.

I'll go buy your gear."

Lind leaves the Hall.

Edited by Lind Whisperer