Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

After whatever luck he had digging in the Fields...

The grey-cloaked rogue slipped into the bar, and across to the Quest Board, where he signed a name onto the sheet for Quest #122, just above the Mystic Knight's and the Battle Mages. He scribbled a small circle around the the three names, indicating that they were together as a party.

The Grey Foxer - Level 14.5 Rogue

Purpearl Berthadhiell - Level 18 Mystic Knight

Siercon - Level 16 Battle Mage

He then walked across to the bar where the Half-Giant was sitting, and slid 3 Gold along the countertop towards him.

"Thanks for the loan."

He finally went, and stood by the Mystic Knight.

"In the case that we are accepted for this incident of disappearing sheep, I was wondering if you'd mind letting me nibble on your Level-Up Mushroom? It would just push me beyond the requirements for a Black Knight, and I could pay you back with another Mushroom as soon as the quest is over."

He then walked across to the bar where the Half-Giant was sitting, and slid 3 Gold along the countertop towards him.

"Thanks for the loan."

Vindsval looks down at the small human who just handed him the coins.

It would appear that it was indeed not a dream. He chuckles deep in his chest.

How did you fair in your endeavors? I fear I was eliminated fairly quickly in the contest.

Grimwald spies someone he had not seen in a long time at the quest board.

"Hello there, Kiray. Don't think I've seen you since our first quest at the Foubdation Day Ball! How have you been fairing?"

Vindsval looks down at the small human who just handed him the coins.

It would appear that it was indeed not a dream. He chuckles deep in his chest.

How did you fair in your endeavors? I fear I was eliminated fairly quickly in the contest.

The rogue shrugged. "I was eliminated in the first bracket."

The grey-cloaked rogue slipped into the bar, and across to the Quest Board, where he signed a name onto the sheet for Quest #122, just above the Mystic Knight's and the Battle Mages. He scribbled a small circle around the the three names, indicating that they were together as a party.

Matthias walks into the Hall, surprised to see most of the Heroes whom he'd just left in the Fields already back. Shrugging off his wonder, he makes his way to the quest board, pulling up a chair to reach the parchments. Reading the sign-up list for Quest #122, he lets out a groan. "Does the man's arrogance know no bounds?" he mutters to himself, scribbling his name. "I wonder if Berthadhiell and Siercon even realize he's riding their names - and does he really think he can pick his own party, one that doesn't even meet the quest requirements?" Shaking his head, Matthias signs up for Quest #125 - may as well - then pushes his chair back where it came from and heads up to the saloon for a pint.

Miderun made damn sure her name was signed up under Quests #122 and #125, looking up from reading her book intently as more heroes filed into the Hall. There was more non-humans than there first appeared to be, although that still amounted mostly to elves and gnomes.

He finally went, and stood by the Mystic Knight.

"In the case that we are accepted for this incident of disappearing sheep, I was wondering if you'd mind letting me nibble on your Level-Up Mushroom? It would just push me beyond the requirements for a Black Knight, and I could pay you back with another Mushroom as soon as the quest is over."

"There are reasons why they remain as they are, unconsumed. You would need more than just seasoning to quench that after taste." Purpearl pulls out the mushrooms from her bag-of-holding and they instantly let out an irresistible pungent odour. "These are not just normal mushrooms you find in the Fields. These mushrooms are the spoils of quelling giant sized myconids that dwell in the caverns of Baltarok. Orcs of Clan Irlaz undergo trials to prove their worth to lay claim on the clan's leadership. One of these trials involve slaying these hulks. A number of Heroes, me included, have helped the former leader of Clan Irlaz regain his former glory." Purpearl puts the mushrooms back into her bag-of-holding, "If you know how the quest system works around here, the employers choose the Heroes. If you are chosen, I'm sure the demands of the quest will push your abilities beyond the requirements of a Black Knight. There's no need for a mushroom."

Benji crosses off his name from Quests 122 and 125.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#126 by KingoftheZempk)! Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory is open for sign-ups as well!~

A weird reptilian creature wearing a butler's outfit walked into the Hall and posted something on the Quest Board. The heroes present had seen much weirder things, so many didn't even bother to turn their heads.

CHOSEN PARTICIPANTS FOR QUEST #125:

~Althior Emorith, Level 44 Necromancer (K-Nut) *Party Leader*

~Alexis Fenral, Level 47 Assassin (Masked Builder)

~Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 34 2/4 Dragoon (Flipz)

QM Note: The quest will start either tonight or tomorrow, depending on if I can get everything ready.

Vindsval is rather disappointed to hear that he was not chosen for the quest to help the child. He returns to the board and is surprised to see Tridentia once again mentioned. He SIGNS UP FOR QUEST 126 perhaps a visit back to the island will do him good.

Alexis moves over to the board, and to her surprise she's chosen to go on the quest. She keeps reading, "Oh wonderful. I'm stuck with two losers." She sighs, resigning herself to what will probably be a miserable quest.

Mhinak sighs, perhaps out of disappointment.

1cpWsov.png

"Perhaps I should see what this is all about."

Mhinak signs up for Quest #126

Edited by Goliath

Althior smiles when he see the post from the Ziegfrieds. He turns around to face the assassin he'd be questing with who had been looking at the board as well. "See you there," He said with a smug look on his face.

Benji puts his hand on his friend Vindsval's large shoulder.

"My friend, I have sad news to tell you. It has been revealed to me that I must return to my homeland. I must visit my elvish roots and see what insight can bring me to advance my future. Things have become very dark for me, so I feel that I am in need of an enlightening. Anyways, my friend, I wanted to lend you some equipment while I am absent."

Benji hands Vindsval his Medal of Glory and Wonky Shoes. He also hands him the Cape of Extravagance with a note attached to it*. He smiles and takes his last Heroica-provided drink for a while.

* Please deliver to Docken for a price of 350 gold plus one grating stone. It would be appreciated if at least some of the gold would be repaid to me when I return.

Edited by Flare

It saddens me to hear of your departure, but the Wanderer wills what the Wanderer wills. May his light shine upon both your path and your soul friend Carvenhall. I will hold these items in your trust until your return.

Vindsval awkwardly pulls off his robe of the Archmagi, life as a one armed man will take some getting used to, and places the Medal of Glory over his neck. He puts the robes and shoes into his bag.

He looks at the bundled cloak and the note attached.

I will find this Docken upon his return to the hall. He will have his package and I will keep the payment until I see you once again.

Vindsval lifts his flagon. TO CARVENHALL

Edited by Asphalt

Disappointed that he had not been chosen to help the child, Warlen halfheartedly signed up for Quest #126 and grinned happily when he signed up for the Fields of Glory in big letters.

Seeing Vindsval toasting a sad-looking prophet, Warlen shouted: "To Carvenhall!"

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

Ahh mage and ranger, it would be good to see the Island again. Perhaps we shall have the chance to travel together.

Noting the commotion at the Quest Board, Matthias wanders over to sign up for Quest #126 - his strict policy of signing up for every quest would probably never change. The shouts of toasting reach his ears from the saloon, and he wonders what's causing everyone to toast the Dragonslayer. He returns to his seat and his ale, watching the others raise their glasses.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#126 by KingoftheZempk)! Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory is open for sign-ups as well!~

A weird reptilian creature wearing a butler's outfit walked into the Hall and posted something on the Quest Board. The heroes present had seen much weirder things, so many didn't even bother to turn their heads.

CHOSEN PARTICIPANTS FOR QUEST #125:

~Althior Emorith, Level 44 Necromancer (K-Nut) *Party Leader*

~Alexis Fenral, Level 47 Assassin (Masked Builder)

~Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 34 2/4 Dragoon (Flipz)

QM Note: The quest will start either tonight or tomorrow, depending on if I can get everything ready.

Arthur returns to the Hall much less armored than when he had left. He spies his name on a list of Heroes chosen to help... What is she, my...second-cousin once removed? Gods that's going to be hard to keep track of. I'd better get this business taken care of so I can spend some time practicing the names Val--mom taught me.

First, he scans the bar, looking for Skrall. Unable to find him (but knowing he had to be around), he leaves a package with Scheherazade for the Ogre, consisting of 1 Grand Potion, 3 Mead, and 1 Smelling Salts. Next, he looks around for a certain Elven Knight.

Purpearl reenters the Hall and approaches the quest board, signing up for Quest #122. Noticing another new open quest, Purpearl signs up for Quest #125. "The people whom I've stood by in the past had dealt with necromancers or are one themselves." Massaging her forehead, "Ëven this... perhaps a visit to the Ziegfrieds would be kind, there's no harm getting to know more about the family, by helping them."

Arthur spies a familiar elf in the Hall and breathes a sigh of relief. Good, she's here. Arthur walks over to the Mystic Knight.

"Hail, Purpearl!" the Weather Mage says. "I see you've already gone to work on that shield. Good on you! I...hesitate to ask but..." he slides his Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned) over to her. "Mind starting over with this one? I recently acquired it from Xu, and I think it'll be a better fit for me once I resume being a Dragoon." The miffed-looking golden reptile following him sniffs disdainfully, prompting Arthur to give her a sorrowful look. "I'd be happy to pay you for the work you've already done on the Crescent Shield," he says, jingling a bag of 130 Gold, "and I'd be happy to let you hang on to it in the meantime in case you end up needing it. Does that seem fair to you?"

Edited by Flipz

Vindsval sits and reads over the notes he took in his meeting with Byblos

the Ji Pei. . . Follows of Legonardo . . . Tritech Corporation... It would seem I have several quests ahead of me. It may be far longer and far more complicated than I expected before I am whole again.

He pulls the Toxic Hood from his bag and examines it.

Now if I were able to find a Scroll of Poisoning. Those two in combination could be of great providence.

Vindsval sits and reads over the notes he took in his meeting with Byblos

the Ji Pei. . . Follows of Legonardo . . . Tritech Corporation... It would seem I have several quests ahead of me. It may be far longer and far more complicated than I expected before I am whole again.

He pulls the Toxic Hood from his bag and examines it.

Now if I were able to find a Scroll of Poisoning. Those two in combination could be of great providence.

"The weather mage has one. I don't think he's selling, though..."

The rogue stepped across the Hall to where the local half-Demon was sitting.

"Excuse me for the interruption, but I happened to notice that you have a Level-Up Mushroom in your possession. In the event that I am selected for #122, I was wondering if you'd let me borrow yours? Certain...reasons would make it much more preferable for certain...ends, if I was a Black Knight if and when I investigate these...thieves.

The reward for #122 is another Mushroom, so I could pay you back in full, and I could pay you with a little bit of gold and some meads/potions up front, to sweeten your end a bit."