Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Tell me again, who was it trying to get me into bed the other night?"

"I never said I didn't make bad decisions too."

CHOSEN PARTICIPANTS:

Quest#124: The Song of My Heart

~ Darksten, Level 12 1/2 Ranger (Comrade Commander) *Party Leader*

~ Bobby “Young” Bucks Jr., Level 4 Rogue (Zepher)

~ Leofwein Twynam, Level 4 Barbarian (Capt.JohnPaul)

QM Note: The quest won't probably launch until Tuesday or Wednesday, because I have a busy day ahead tomorrow.

The Door of the Hall bangs open, and Vindsval walks in. He moves oddly, as if he is off balance. He moves deeper into the room, after a few more steps you realize what it is. He sin't quite all the creature he used to be. If place of his left arm, he has only a polished metal disk.

img_0411.jpg

Vindsval walks awkwardly over to the quest board. He is immediately drawn to the tale of young lilly Ziegfried.

There seems to be no limit to the peril to younglings in this town. I hope I can be of assistance.

Vindsval signs up for Quest 125.

​After doing so he leaves the hall for the Marketplace.

Vindsval moves to the bar and orders a meal of roast beef and potatoes.

Tell me Mistress Sheherazade, does the hall have a library open to adventurers? I have a little reading I need to do.

Tesni looked at the quest board again, there was one other that seemed acceptable as she had no ken with the mad wizards. "I thought I was done with sheep when I left the mountains but it seems those wool-bags are dozy wherever in the world I am!" She signed her name under #122

Vindsval moves to the bar and orders a meal of roast beef and potatoes.

Tell me Mistress Sheherazade, does the hall have a library open to adventurers? I have a little reading I need to do.

Benji hears the question and taps Vindsval on the shoulder.

"Ey there, how are you doing? Ehmmm, your arm, it ehhh went where?... Anyways, there is a library here, and you just need to go down the hallway and you should find it. Byblos, the librarian, could also answer any questions you may have."

Edited by Flare

Bobby pats Warlen on the back as he stands up. "Yo, no worries, my rents are pretty dope people, nice dudes. I gotta bounce real quick though. Nice meeting you, my man." Bobby bounds over to Benji and Vindsval. "Bro, what happened to you?!" he asks, alarmed but trying to keep his cool. He nods to Benji. "How's it hanging boss man?"

"Yeah, I could've sworn you had at least two arms while we were questing," piped in Miderun as she nods from a few seats away, enjoying a bowl of stew of some sort.

Edited by CallMePie

​Vindsval Snorts at both Benji's,Mideruns, and Bobby's mention of having more limbs when last they met.

I did indeed. It would seem that there are medical practitioners within this good city that leave a little to be desired. Though if truth be told, he did perhaps save me and all of you here from a wasting disease worse than death. The cost of that saving was a little steep on all sides.

Vindsval looks down at Carvenhall,

It would seem, though mine might be the more sever of the two, you have changed a good deal since out last meeting.

Vindsval Sniffs the air.

You have the smell of Trickster Kin about you no longer. And you are attired as one of the wise folk. What changes have you to tell us of?

Edited by Asphalt

Mhinak finds a seat at the bar, right next to Vindsval.

1cpWsov.png

"I hope the seat isn't taken. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your arm? Surely you had one there before laddie, am I right? Perhaps some day I could fashion you an arm that is as tough as steel but just as gentle as any mans' grip."

Mhinak orders an ale and a meaty stew.

Edited by Goliath

He looks down at the Dwarf, signs slightly, he gets the feeling he may be telling the tale more than once.

My last employer fancied himself a "Doctor." While playing a god he created a disease, a pestilence of incredible power. In the process of destroying the now living source of the Pestilence I contracted it myself. My flesh began to give way to the disease. He claims he removed my arm to save the city. Though my former companion believed he removed my arm to save his own reputation. We were compensated with a sack of coin, and a begone from my home for the trouble of eliminating his "distraction" for him.

Mhinak looks up at Half-Giant with a slight frown and responds.

1cpWsov.png

"Sorry to hear. Look on the bright side, you saved many people who could have gotten sick with the engineered disease that doctor created. Sometimes, we all have to sacrifice certain things even though we don't want to. Like I said, you could always get yourself a new arm. Other inventors like myself tend to call them mechanical-arms since they run on a series of levers and steam to move. I don't want to bore you so I'll just leave it at that. It's something to look into I suppose."

Indeed, I had a run in with some fully Mechanical men while in the doctors dungeons. It may take some research, but I may yet bear a shield.

Benji nods and smiles timidly

"Yes, a bit has changed."

Benji nods and smiles timidly

"Yes, a bit has changed."

I feel a power within you, my first friend of the City. Please tell me why it is . . . and what it is that seems to align our paths more closely?

Coming back to check the quest board.

And then saw Vindsval with his "story". Then said: Wait a minute, your saying your "boss" cut off your arm? I might of kicked his @$$, if he tried some thing like to me. But, my arm would probably just grow back. Not that I ever had my arm cut off, but I had other body parts ripped apart. I guess that is one of the benefits of being a "demon". After hearing about the "mechanical arm" added: If you build it right you could just put the shield in the "arm" along with other "things".

Then notice Warlen and hollered: Does any one have a "Flaming Skull" for sale? Trying to be funny, but more wondering where is his "ghostly friend" is located.

I guess that is one of the benefits of being a "demon". After hearing about the "mechanical arm" added: If you build it right you could just put the shield in the "arm" along with other "things".

Interesting ability that.

My first problem will be the research to meld the will and flesh to the machine. It would be all to easy to simply craft an arm, but if it has no function I might as well nail a club to my shoulder. I believe the answer lies with automata. It will take both magic and mechanics to make this a reality.

Vindsval picks up his meal and places it at a sturdy table. He goes back to look at the quest board a second time.

Disappearing livestock. hmm, perhaps a night under the stars would do me good.

Vindsval signs up for quest 122.

He then goes back to his seat, an overturned half barrel, and begins to eat his meal. Obviously disconcerted that he has to put down his meat to drink his ale.

Edited by Asphalt

Coming back to check the quest board.

And then saw Vindsval with his "story". Then said: Wait a minute, your saying your "boss" cut off your arm? I might of kicked his @$$, if he tried some thing like to me. But, my arm would probably just grow back. Not that I ever had my arm cut off, but I had other body parts ripped apart. I guess that is one of the benefits of being a "demon". After hearing about the "mechanical arm" added: If you build it right you could just put the shield in the "arm" along with other "things".

Then notice Warlen and hollered: Does any one have a "Flaming Skull" for sale? Trying to be funny, but more wondering where is his "ghostly friend" is located.

"Ahh, yes. About that." Warlen looks around nervously. "See, on my last quest, we had to visit a bar. And he fell asleep. And I didn't notice he wasn't there until we arrived at our next destination. And so, he has a new "Home" now."