Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Town watch, Paladins of Ennoc, vampires aren't necessarily the most valued members of society. Not that I've done anything wrong, mind you. So you're a hero, how do these quest things work. I saw you folks going out and about when I was... normal but never had any direct contact."

"I'm not entirely sure how quests work, honestly," the gnome laments. "I've been out twice now, once for almost a year in Baltarok and again for only a week here in Eubric. The first time, I thought we were guarding a traveling circus, but it turned out we were kidnap-rescuing an Orcish king to stop a war... the second time, we were meant to protect a man for a week but he was kidnapped within hours and we spent a week tracking him, only to have him die anyway after he turned out to be a power-hungry necromancer." Matthias sighs, shakes his head, and motions to the barmistress for another something strong. "All of that to say I have no idea what this Heroing is all about. But I don't think your ...is it vampirism? Vampiracy? Vampiritude? whatever, I don't think it is a big deal. I'm borrowing this armor from another vampire right now, a friend from my time in Baltarok, and I don't think he's ever had much trouble." A thoughtful look makes its way onto Matthias' face... he'd spent time with many heroes in the last year, looking for friendship, but perhaps he had found many friends without realizing it.

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg

"Hmmm, I shall need to visit this other vampire you speak of..." Boris takes another swig of his cider. "So... I saw the slutty elf earlier. Any other delightful examples of the feminine form hang around here?"

"I couldn't possibly comment on Lady Alexis' manners," Matthias begins, "but Lady Nerwen is surely among the fairest of the elves...." Blushing the tiniest bit, he looks around and to his relief the minstrel is no longer in the Hall. "She was a Paladin of Ennoc, but recently I believe she's traded her sword and shield for the flute. Between you and me, though, she's as cold as ice, like any other elf."

Grimwald returns, very tired.

"Hoo boy, am I ever looking forward to a nice rest..."

And with that, he promptly fell asleep at the bar, his beard touching part of some the spilled liquor on the counter.

"Bro, you know I'd always be willing to lend you a hand. What's your issue?"

"Well, as you know, I'm a werereptile. Haven't always been that way. Maybe for a year or two, can't remember really. Because of that I've gotten caught up with the Wolfgang and stuff, ya know, became a Beast Warrior. I tried to search out a cure, but the fellow at the Embassy told me it was nigh impossible. Then, on the quest I just got back from, I managed to acquire a very potent modified remedy made by a certain alchemist by the name of Mr. Omri Blitze - supposedly it will heal one of lycanthropy. But I do not know. I do not know if I should do this or not. What do you think, my friend?"

Darksten walks into the hall, only to face more disappointment at the lack of available quests.

At least his usual booth is available, and he plops himself down there to sort through his inventory.

~The Fields of Glory are open for sign-ups again!~

The grey-cloaked Rogue entered under the arch, muttering to himself. "Teddy bears. Two teddy bears."

He paused, closed his eyes, breathed in deeply, and slowly exhaled. "Re-strategize. Reform. Replan. The way will present itself, in time."

He opened his eyes, and looked across the room, at the nearly empty Quest Board, only papered by a single sheet. A sheet that simply informed any curious readers, that the Fields of Glory had once more opened.

"And, the way seems to present itself."

A quick stride across the room, a few strokes of the pen, and a lone name was added to the sheet, that of The Grey Foxer.

Having done this, he began to look about the room, for anyone who seemed to be open for another member to join their conversation.

Kiray noticed the new paper for the Fields of Glory. She glanced around, seeing the figure who wrote his own name. She strode up to him. "Kiray Nastayo. I saw you placed your name on the board. Interested in another party member? I'm looking for some experience in the Fields of Glory, as I've never been."

Actaeon watches as Kiray introduces herself to a shifty looking character. Screw it, the next quest could be months away.

"Actaeon Artus," he says, introducing himself as well, "Any experience is good experience. I'm also available to go into the fields."

"Kiray Nastayo. I saw you placed your name on the board. Interested in another party member? I'm looking for some experience in the Fields of Glory, as I've never been."

The rogue tipped the top of his hood to the knight.

"Lind Whisperer. Pleased to meet you. And yes - most definitely interested."

"Actaeon Artus. Any experience is good experience. I'm also available to go into the fields."

"Lind Whisperer, and I'd be pleased to have you on the team as well."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"I couldn't possibly comment on Lady Alexis' manners," Matthias begins, "but Lady Nerwen is surely among the fairest of the elves...." Blushing the tiniest bit, he looks around and to his relief the minstrel is no longer in the Hall. "She was a Paladin of Ennoc, but recently I believe she's traded her sword and shield for the flute. Between you and me, though, she's as cold as ice, like any other elf."

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg

"Aren't they all, down there." Boris gives a wink and a chuckle, before draining his mug of cider. "So Matti, what keeps you busy in between quests?"

Purpearl finds herself in the Hall once again, this time with a number of Decamon cards in her hands. "I wonder if these are really legitimate, or even valuable." says Purpearl, having a closer look at the cards while she approaches the quest board. Purpearl signs up for the Fields of Glory, "I would like to experience the extent of this endless string of feral beasts they so hold highly in regard, if there are no other reasons for me to get out on a quest."

"Well, as you know, I'm a werereptile. Haven't always been that way. Maybe for a year or two, can't remember really. Because of that I've gotten caught up with the Wolfgang and stuff, ya know, became a Beast Warrior. I tried to search out a cure, but the fellow at the Embassy told me it was nigh impossible. Then, on the quest I just got back from, I managed to acquire a very potent modified remedy made by a certain alchemist by the name of Mr. Omri Blitze - supposedly it will heal one of lycanthropy. But I do not know. I do not know if I should do this or not. What do you think, my friend?"

"Yo man, I dunno. I mean, you're a beast on the battlefield, pun intended ya know? But if it ain't making you happy, then what's the point, right? You do you, man. I'll support ya in whatever."

And with that, he promptly fell asleep at the bar, his beard touching part of some the spilled liquor on the counter.

"Aren't they all, down there." Boris gives a wink and a chuckle, before draining his mug of cider. "So Matti, what keeps you busy in between quests?"

Matthias completely misses Bruhalv's off-color joke; he's mesmerized and appalled that a gnome would allow their beard to contact the filth of the bar. He tears his focus away from the alcohol soaking deep into the brushed white fibers, staining soiling and staining to the root of each hair, sopping bar stench into the filaments one by one... he tears his focus away, forces the bile back down his throat, and looks at Bruhalv again. "Oh... between quests? I hadn't really gotten that far," he says distantly, and hands the vampire a sorely out of date copy of Hand Cannoner magazine before walking somewhat dazedly to the quest board.

~The Fields of Glory are open for sign-ups again!~

Without really looking at the pitch, Math signs his name for the Fields and makes his way back to the seat near Bruhalv, studiously avoiding even a glance in Gjinko's direction.

Edited by StickFig

Matthias doesn't even look, he just shudders slightly. "Never met him, but I've never met half the Heroes here. Can't imagine why he'd let such filth into his beard, though."

A door opens in the hall, one of the lesser regarded entryways. A figure long missing from the establishment enters.

tesnis-return.jpg

Tesni looks around in search of familiar faces, plenty of new heroes seem to be about the place, not the crowd she knew some time before. As she walks deeper into the hall there is a curious hint to her step, as if the weight of the world has been recently lifted and a new strength has welled up unexpectedly. Catching a pint from a passing server Tesni settles into an empty seat to await conversation with old friends or new heroes.

Jess slipped into the hall after a long absence. Looking around, she noticed her old friend Tesni sitting at an empty table.

"Hey Tes, long time no see eh?"

"It has been a long time. How has life been here at the hall? I did not intend to leave but - things - called for some time to think." There was a darkness to the tone but not the reverberations of chaos and fury that had once echoed through words during battle.

Jess snorted, then replied to Tesni.

"I wouldn't know, Tes. I've been on an extended leave myself."

Jess looked around for a moment, taking in the celebrating heroes.

"At least the old place still has that Grogmas cheer."