Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

So dramatic entries count as desperate circumstances now? Newcomers these days. I remember when a hero's defining entrance came from tripping on the hall floor.

...wow, Dyric, when did you get to sounding so old?

"Well, if you don't believe they will of course they won't," I taunt.

"Bah!" Benji grumbles, exasperated.

Bobby walks back towards his seat, still in a bit of a daze. He spots Benji. "Hey-o, boss man, how's it hanging? You back already dog? I ain't even been out of the hall since you left!"

Benji doesn't smile when Bobby comes by, but at least he stops grumbling at the Monk.

"Hey Bobby. Yea was out for a night and now I'm back. With a bit of an issue, so yeah, if you want to be more of a help than Mr. Obnoxious Monk man then that would be sweet, bruh."

Matthias looks up at the sound of glass breaking and is glad to find something happening in the hall other than gross romantic ickiness. When the man with the mace orders a cider and marmalade, the gnome is intrigued. He moves over to the strange figure. "I'll have a cider too," he says to Scheherazade before facing the newcomer and extending his hand. "I'm Matthias. Well met, Master ???"

The vampire turned around only to be greeted by a tall stove-pipe hat. Boris diverted his gaze downward to the gnome's outstretched hand.

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg

"45 seconds tops," the man muses to himself before extending his own hand, his handshake firm, but icy cold.

"Bruhalv, Boris Bruhalv, Ex-cleric of Ennoc." The vampire eyes the gnome's impressive firearm.

"You carry that pea-shooter everywhere, Matti?"

Kiray noticed the unusually pale figure. How awkward would it be if he told his parents he could be a paladin, Kiray mused.

Little Jane wins! The last cards are revealed, and it is Hybros' Storm Elemental (Electric 8) vs. Little Jane's Gargoyle (Rock 4)!

heroicadt-littlejane.jpg

"Let me give you a BIG hug for consolation, little guy!" Little Jane wins the last round as well!

Alfred the Seneschal traipses through the Fish Market in his master's old attire while Nur follows from the alleys and other unmonitored areas. He winces as if struck on his left side then continues following the golem around town.

"Hey Bobby. Yea was out for a night and now I'm back. With a bit of an issue, so yeah, if you want to be more of a help than Mr. Obnoxious Monk man then that would be sweet, bruh."

"Bro, you know I'd always be willing to lend you a hand. What's your issue?"

Hoke looks about the Hall and observes different pockets of conversation here and there; adventurers he'd explored with and some he has no recollection of meeting. He pulls himself out of the chair and wraps a mantle about his shoulders and leaves the Hall to venture out into the night.

"Of course I do," Math says, wondering if he likes the sound of 'Matti' as he waves the Peashooter. Grinning, the gnome indicates the Extraordinaire, knowing that it was the gun to which Bruhalv was actually referring. "This one too," he says with a laugh.

With a more somber look on his face, Matthias questions the vampire. "How does one get to be a 'ex-cleric' of Ennoc? Did you find a new god?"

The vampire cracked a smile, showing two pearly white canines.

"You're just loaded with firepower aren't you?" Boris takes a sip of his newly arrived cider. "Wish it were quite that simple. No, I used to be a cleric of the Righteous Light, sodding good one too, before this happened." The man waves a hand indicating his face. "Out on a sodding exorcism house-call and the bugger bit me. He weren't possessed, the only thing possessing him was a thirst for, well you know... The order wasn't a big fan of me coming in to work the next day. Can't say I really blame them." Boris bites off a chunk of bread. "Say you're what, 3 feet, 75 lbs?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Guts walks into the Hall, stretches, and sits himself at a table, pondering what to get for breakfast. He notices a newcomer in the hall.

"Nice coat, mate."

Matthias laughs at the man's guess as Holla walks in and after the alchemist passes, Matthias doffs his hat to give Bruhalv a better look. "I'm 27 inches; 41 pounds of cider and firepower." He laughs, and dusts the brim of his topper with a sleeve, settling it carefully back on his head to give the impression of as much height as possible.

"So, Master Boris, are you the same man you were before the bite? Are you still in control?"

"More or less, food and drink pretty much tastes like dust and ashes these days, but need to keep the nutrients going if I don't want to end up withered and gaunt like some with my condition. As for... you know... I've got my ways of dealing with it."

The vampire rips off another chunk of bread before dunking it in his cider.

"Not much excitement around here is there? The hall's immune to search warrants, right?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Not much excitement around here is there? The hall's immune to search warrants, right?"

"Not exactly immune," I state in a low voice, almost a growl. "But the decent Town Watch wouldn't want to enter this place because of the characters here and anyone who would give us problems is similarly terrified. Besides, who would want to make enemies with anyone in this hall knowing full well that all of Eubric's best warriors are or have been within these four walls?"

Matthias listens with interest as the man describes the effects of his condition, and is horrified to see him ruin good cider. He downs his own glass and wonders if Monk Pretzel is right about the Town Watch not wanting to enter Heroica Hall. Subconsciously he looks around the room for Berthadhiell, and he wonders what those Watchmen might say about his own ...acquaintance with the notorious 'XX'. "Like I said, cider and firepower around here, Master Boris. What would the Town Watch want to search here for, anyway? You hiding something?"

An armoured man strides through the hall with the posture of a well-worn soldier, quicking pinning a notice on the Quest Board before making a hasty exit. It read:

Chosen Heroes for Quest #121: Want Your Mummy?

1. Dyric Rone, Level 28.33 Assassin (The Legonator)

2. Alexandre le Chevalier, Level 30 Skirmisher(Capt.JohnPaul)

3. Guts Holla, Level 33 Alchemist (Scubacarrot)

4. Nerwen Calmcacil, Level 32 Minstrel (Chromeknight)

5. Monk Pretzel, Level 31.5 Artisan (Palathadric)

6. Hoke Ablesword, Level 38.2/4 Mystic Knight (UsernameMDM)

-Ride to Ovalen within the day. We're on the outskirts of the Low Kingdoms, next to Redstone. You Heroes have been there before. We eargerly await your assistance.

QM Note: Just a forewarning: It's the one of the busiest times of the year, especially at work, so updates will be definitely be daily (with a possible few hiccup days) but slow-ish. The sets I made also won't be the best, but they should serve their purpose. The topic will be up soontm. Hope you're all as excited as I am to get underway.

Edited by Emjajoas

Guts nods at the look of the party he was to go with. A strong team of veterans, whatever they could throw at them, this group would make short work of it. The Alchemist was eager to get out there again.

"Hoke, good to be questing with you again. I feel we are able to take on anything with this party."

Hoke enters the Hall just in time to see the names posted and that he was selected. He was exceptionally pleased with his questmates, all capable.

He looked down at Torc and wondered if it was time to use her in battle.

"Hoke, good to be questing with you again. I feel we are able to take on anything with this party."

"And you as well!" Hoke said to the former Black Knight, "Looks like you have changed your profession?"

6. Hoke Ablesword, Level 38.2/4 Mystic Knight (UsernameMDM)

Fixed level.

Guts nods at the look of the party he was to go with. A strong team of veterans, whatever they could throw at them, this group would make short work of it. The Alchemist was eager to get out there again.

I cast a glance in Guts' direction.

This should be an interesting quest indeed. First time questing with each person on the team except for Dyric and they are all veterans of Heroica as much as I am.

All familiar faces. I believe that's a first. Let's get going.

I nod towards Dyric.

"Good questing with you again, assassin!"

"And you as well!" Hoke said to the former Black Knight, "Looks like you have changed your profession?"

"Yes, I have. Hopefully now the party can take a beating!"

Matthias listens with interest as the man describes the effects of his condition, and is horrified to see him ruin good cider. He downs his own glass and wonders if Monk Pretzel is right about the Town Watch not wanting to enter Heroica Hall. Subconsciously he looks around the room for Berthadhiell, and he wonders what those Watchmen might say about his own ...acquaintance with the notorious 'XX'. "Like I said, cider and firepower around here, Master Boris. What would the Town Watch want to search here for, anyway? You hiding something?"

"Town watch, Paladins of Ennoc, vampires aren't necessarily the most valued members of society. Not that I've done anything wrong, mind you. So you're a hero, how do these quest things work. I saw you folks going out and about when I was... normal but never had any direct contact."