Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"That's what Scheherazade said. And what about you? Why's a girl of your age hunting bounties?"

14654654950_4c17fc1d18_t.jpg

"Great! Mrs. Orc, one glass of chocolate milk. Do you have any of those silly shaped straws? It's not for me, my bear Mr. Sanders will want one."

Polly turned back to Miderun.

"For the gold of course. What else is someone supposed to live off of?" Seeing that her answer didn't seem sufficient, the girl continued though avoided a lot of eye contact with the orc. "Mom and dad got in a big fight a week ago. I overheard them say I was a mistake. Then mom stomped out of the kitchen and called dad a bunch of bad names. I wanted to show them I'm not a mistake, that I can do stuff, that I can be grown up. So me and Mr. Sanders decided to leave home and make a name for ourselves, just like daddy did when he was a little boy." Polly paused as she got her chocolate milk, she took a drink through the crazy straw and sat staring at the counter, legs swinging beneath the stool, she didn't even see the rest of the heroes file out for quest 109.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Miderun frowned deeply as Polly told her story.

"That's not right at all. That's.....in Baltarok, family is all you have. I couldn't imagine..." The orc sighed, patting Polly on the back comfortingly and very nearly knocking the young mage off her chair. "I'm sorry to hear that. So you took it on yourself to make your own way instead of relying on them. That I can understand. I almost did very much the same several years ago. And your father did too? Was he a bounty hunter as well?" At the moment the best thing Miderun could think to do was knock some sense into the girl's parents, but that seemed inappropriate. For a wide variety of reasons.

I will purchase the bow for the previously agreed upon 170, and the helmet for 670 and my silver ore (worth 60). It'd a bit heftier than I'd planned, but I'm willing to pay.

"Deal." I get up and shake Dyric's hand with one of my hands, and hand him the two items with the other.

Miderun frowned deeply as Polly told her story.

"That's not right at all. That's.....in Baltarok, family is all you have. I couldn't imagine..." The orc sighed, patting Polly on the back comfortingly and very nearly knocking the young mage off her chair. "I'm sorry to hear that. So you took it on yourself to make your own way instead of relying on them. That I can understand. I almost did very much the same several years ago. And your father did too? Was he a bounty hunter as well?" At the moment the best thing Miderun could think to do was knock some sense into the girl's parents, but that seemed inappropriate. For a wide variety of reasons.

Polly cheered up a little, "Yeh, second best in all of Uland, he could track a carp in a muddy stream."

Polly cheered up a little, "Yeh, second best in all of Uland, he could track a carp in a muddy stream."

"That's impressive. But it looks like you're more the magic sort of person. You'll have to show me a spell or two sometime. I don't think I've ever even met a mage, but that's because what few orc mages there were were lost in the invasion and the magical blood has kind of run out. By the looks of it there's wizards all over the place in this city. Mauwalt Scheherazade told me about an entire family of them. I could not even picture that. You must be very talented to cast spells at your age." Miderun smiled and sipped from her mug of ale once more.

"You must mean the Ziegfrieds? Every mage on Uland has heard of them. It must be weird not having any wizards where you're from."

"I wonder how people clean their houses, in Baltarok, Mr. Sanders."

"Mom was a mage, so I guess that's where I get it from. Here let me show you!"

Polly scrunched up her face real tight and moments later her chocolate milk began to boil with a mauve glow. As the smell of burnt chocolate began to permeate the air, Polly released the spell with a smile.

"Neat, huh?"

Miderun seemed slightly alarmed as Polly's drink began to burn, but it didn't explode violently as she'd heard spells were prone to do.

"Huh. I didn't know magic could be so...subtle. But then all our tales of magic usually involve a great battle of some kind. That's an interesting spell. If you could do that to an enemy..." Miderun stared at the blackened mess of chocolate milk in Polly's glass. "Well, I'll be glad to have you on my side if we end up on a quest."

Annienal notices she's been chosen for a quest, unsure of who anyone was on the board. She mumbles to herself softly.

14843699811_088fbcaeeb_o.jpg

"Well, this Barkley looks inexperienced like me... but these other two... hopefully they aren't intimidating... or that reptile guy..."

Annienal notices the beast-like man walk up to her at the last minute, feeling intimidated by the reptile like appearance to him. Words were failing to come her, like always. She looked at the man awkwardly until something finally came out, although it was soft and mumbled.

"Hi."

Annienal is too nervous being around the strange reptile man to notice Polly's offer.

"Umm, hi."

Awkward silence. Benji can tell that she's not comfortable around him. 'Great, the one time I try to be friendly, everything backfires on me.

Benji attempts to smile in a friendly way but abruptly stops when he realizes that his sharp teeth are quite intimidating.

"Umm, my name is Benji Carvenhall. Beast Warrior, Dragon Slayer, Champion of the Northern Kingdoms. And I do speak a little elvish, my late father was a human, but my mother was an elf. Umm yeah."

"Maybe you can use magic too! All you've got to do is just concentrate really hard on what you want to do and poof!"

"Maybe. I find hitting things more reliable." Miderun shrugged. "Serstyral and I have been through too much to give it up for magic now. I doubt I would've survived the wyvern without her."

"Umm, hi."

Awkward silence. Benji can tell that she's not comfortable around him. 'Great, the one time I try to be friendly, everything backfires on me.

Benji attempts to smile in a friendly way but abruptly stops when he realizes that his sharp teeth are quite intimidating.

"Umm, my name is Benji Carvenhall. Beast Warrior, Dragon Slayer, Champion of the Northern Kingdoms. And I do speak a little elvish, my late father was a human, but my mother was an elf. Umm yeah."

"Um...hi."

She replies, barely audible over her own sheepishness. Annienal seems to shrink in stature as she attempts to avoid eye contact as she replies a bit more proper. Her superiors would've found it rude not to reply to someone with such titles.

"I'm Annienal... those are some... interesting titles Mr. Carvenhall..."

Leofwein sees an orc and a little girl talking. Looking for conversation, he walks over. "Sir orc, you look tough and adventurous. What's your name?"

Leofwein sees an orc and a little girl talking. Looking for conversation, he walks over. "Sir orc, you look tough and adventurous. What's your name?"

Polly whispers to Mr. Sanders.

"Pfff. What a silly man, can't even tell Miderun's a girl. Must have taken too many blows to the head."

Polly whispers to Mr. Sanders.

"Pfff. What a silly man, can't even tell Miderun's a girl. Must have taken too many blows to the head."

"Huh? Excuse me sir orc, would you mind taking off your mask?"

Miderun stared at the pale human and pulled her mask down briefly.

"Miderun."

Francis gets up and walks over to the pale man, who was now talking to an orc and a child.

"Um, hello sir, are you all right? You look a bit pale."

Miderun stared at the pale human and pulled her mask down briefly.

"Miderun."

"Oh, you are a female? That isn't too common."

Francis gets up and walks over to the pale man, who was now talking to an orc and a child.

"Um, hello sir, are you all right? You look a bit pale."

"Of course I'm alright, ranger. This is my skin color."

"Of course I'm alright, ranger. This is my skin color."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I've only just arrived in Eubric, and where I'm from there isn't much diversity in terms of skin colours and races."

"Oh, you are a female? That isn't too common."

"Not here, anyway."

Miderun sipped her drink idly and looked between the barbarian and the ranger.

"Not here, anyway."

Miderun sipped her drink idly and looked between the barbarian and the ranger.

"Aye. But you can fight, yes?"

Alexander is wandering in his mind, he isn't really seeing the glass and bottle in front of him when someone hurries to he Quest Board. He need a moment to see that a long-haired woman was writing on the board; after she left, he approaches the Quest Board to see that he is one of the choosen heroes "Finally!" he thinks with a surge of happiness: with him will be a powerfull Warden and two inexperienced heroes, a female knight and another ranger "This will be funny...." he thinks preparing for leaving...

"Aye. But you can fight, yes?"

"Of course I can," scoffed Miderun, as though insulted. "Would I be here if I couldn't?"

A tired, weary and ragged looking man stumbles into the hall. He straightens himself up before heading to the bar area.

Romulus grabs a random drink and downs it before pondering whether to visit the market or not.