Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Arthur returned to the Hall quietly, having decided to take a few detours along the way. As always, however, he had to return home--home, to Heroica Hall.

His silent return matched the mood of the Hall, it seemed; though many Heroes were present, all but a few had lapsed into brooding silence, perhaps due to the lack of new postings on the Quest board. He spotted Tarn and Hybros speaking at the bar, but before he spoke to them he needed to pay off a debt.

Arthur approached an old man in green and black, a sack of Gold in hand. "Sergeant McEncy? Your gold," he says, setting a bag of 310 Gold next to the old drunk. "A pleasure doing business with you." He waits to make sure the Black Knight had registered his presence before walking away with a tip of his hat.

"Tarn!" he booms approaching the bar, unconsciously imitating a certain Paladin of his and Hybros' mutual acquaintance. "Didn't expect to see you here--I thought for sure you'd be on a boat to Dastan already." He grins cheekily. "I hope you'll remember us lot when it's time to invite guests for the ceremony."

Tarn regarded the Imp with a wan smile, remembering the trial by combat of the pagoda and the waterfall.

"Hybros, did I not tell you that you were right? That the Jade Flagbearer had holed up with the rest of the Constellation and attacked myself and the party when we went to rescue Jun. You cautioned me on my decision, said that I would suffer its consequences, and it did come back to bite me on the behind. We showed him no mercy this second time, and he fell - as did all of the 108 Stars of Destiny."

He stops when Arthur approached him.

"Greetings Arthur, no, I have not made for dastan yet. I wanted one last free beer first!", he smiled. "I still have some items of yours that you loaned to me for the duration of the Quest."

Tarn gives Arthur back the Unlucky Horseshoe, the Spider's Leg, the Overkill Gloves, the Gladiator Trident and the Duplovian Helmet of the Guard.

Hybros winces at Arthur's shout in the silence of the Hall. "Hello, Arthur. What do you mean, Dastan? Going somewhere? I thought you just returned from a quest, eheh..."

Tarn regarded the Imp with a wan smile, remembering the trial by combat of the pagoda and the waterfall.

"Hybros, did I not tell you that you were right? That the Jade Flagbearer had holed up with the rest of the Constellation and attacked myself and the party when we went to rescue Jun. You cautioned me on my decision, said that I would suffer its consequences, and it did come back to bite me on the behind. We showed him no mercy this second time, and he fell - as did all of the 108 Stars of Destiny."

"Yes, but I must remind you again, heheh. Where would you be if I had not?"

Darksten watches as the veteran heroes come and go from the hall. He had since moved back to his lonely table in the corner, and from there he was listening in on their conversations, making notes, and preparing himself for when he too would have the opportunity to travel the world.

Then he saw the new flyer being posted to the board, and without a hesitation he walked over to look at it.

"Hmmph, bugs weren't exactly what I had in mind when I joined Heroica" He says to himself "But at least it is a good way to earn gold"

"Just not sure my crossbow will be of much use in the tight quarters of a hovel though"

He scribbles his name on the sign up list (for Quest #97) either way hoping that at the very least he can just stomp on them

I enter the hall and cast a glance at the quest board. There's a quest up for low-leveled heroes.

Heh! It's been awhile!

I take a seat and relax for a while trying to think if I owe anyone money or anything. I shake my head.

Scooting a chair over opposite the one I'm sitting, I prop my feet up. It felt good to relax. No stress. The last quest had been an interesting one.

I suddenly pop my head up.

"So, will you actually be leaving the hall and heading out, Tarn? It's a big bad world out there."

Edited by Palathadric

"Greetings, Monk Pretzel. Yes, I shall be going back to Dastan with Princess Ella very soon. She has a few things to take care of at the Temple, so I thought I would come here one last time.

It was an honour Questing with you and Arthur. I have never been in such a small party but we were very effective as a team. Please take this Skull Shield in repayment for your fine performance against the enemy ship.

Arthur, is there anything you would like? You kept Ella safe, your word was good. I will still require my primary weapons and armour in Dastan, but perhaps I have something useful in my inventory for you. Although with the amount of items you leant me during the Quest, maybe not."

He grinned and took a sip of beer. He would miss this place, and the heroes within it. He had made many friends here.

"Ehem, leaving, you say? With a Princess? Pah, I always took you for the kind of warrior to do something like that Tarn. When are you coming back?"

"I may not ever be back, Hybros. I hope to stay in Dastan and be a bodyguard to the Emperor Victor, that way I can stay in touch with Ella. Dastan was an incredible place, and the different people there are fierce warriors."

"I would not say no to that mask of yours, if you're willing to part with it. And here's your Phoenix Essence back as well--I almost forgot I had it."

"I'm glad to have known you, Tarn of Valco. You've been a good friend, a valiant warrior, and a sterling example to the rest of us. Heroica will be poorer for your absence." At just the right time, Schezerade stopped by with a tray full of drinks, and Arthur gratefully claimed one, raising it in the air. "To Tarn of Valco, Hero of Ideals!"

Hybros' eyes narrowed. "...What?... Never?" Hybros shook his head. "Hm. Well it seems you have found something else to do. Unlike the rest of us..." It had been a matter of several years now since coming to Eubric Freeport for Hybros and many other heroes. "Well, I... Ehehm, good luck then. I am sure you will serve the royalty there nobly." Hybros grabbed a cup of tea from the tray and proceeded to stare into its black depths, sulking.

"I'm glad to have known you, Tarn of Valco. You've been a good friend, a valiant warrior, and a sterling example to the rest of us. Heroica will be poorer for your absence." At just the right time, Schezerade stopped by with a tray full of drinks, and Arthur gratefully claimed one, raising it in the air. "To Tarn of Valco, Hero of Ideals!"

Hybros mumbled something about nobility and raised his cup halfway.

He scribbles his name on the sign up list (for Quest #97) either way hoping that at the very least he can just stomp on them

I would like to sign up for quest 97, too! :classic:

Hoang Anh walks to the Quest Board and sign his name for Quest #97.

Edited by hoanganhbeo

I enter the hall and cast a glance at the quest board. There's a quest up for low-leveled hero

You should mark your post to confirm that you want to enter the quest.

I enter the hall and cast a glance at the quest board. There's a quest up for low-leveled heroes.

Heh! It's been awhile!

I take a seat and relax for a while trying to think if I owe anyone money or anything. I shake my head.

Scooting a chair over opposite the one I'm sitting, I prop my feet up. It felt good to relax. No stress. The last quest had been an interesting one.

I suddenly pop my head up.

"So, will you actually be leaving the hall and heading out, Tarn? It's a big bad world out there."

Sarge hears the familiar voice of Pretzel, gets up, and moves over to his table where the group is discussing Tarn's departure. He pats Pretzel on the shoulder and says "Pretzel, sir, it's been a time" Sarge swipes a drink off of the table and takes a seat, "That shield doin any good for yer?" :grin:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Tarn blushed, embarrassed at the public display, but he raised his glass and clinked it with the others.

"Thank you Arthur, your words are unnecessary, but kind, and I do appreciate them. Here is the Noble Mask, you certainly earned this keeping Ella safe below the ocean waves."

Edited by Rumble Strike

I hand Ammit and the Staff of Ennon back to Arthur, but hold onto the Healing Staff.

"It was a pleasure working with you, Arthur. I noticed that you have two of these staves and I wouldn't mind having one myself. How much would you be willing to part with it for?"

Please take this Skull Shield in repayment for your fine performance against the enemy ship.

"You are generous, Tarn. I cannot say that I will be able to use it, but perhaps I will be able to dis-imbue the amethyst. Will you have any use for the Counterstrike Gloves in Dastan? I noticed that you didn't use them much in our quest. How much would you want for them...if you don't intend to hold onto it of course."

Sarge hears the familiar voice of Pretzel, gets up, and moves over to his table where the group is discussing Tarn's departure. He pats Pretzel on the shoulder and says "Pretzel, sir, it's been a time" Sarge swipes a drink off of the table and takes a seat, "That shield doin any good for yer?" :grin:

"Ah, Sarge, it's been a while. That shield has been marvelous, I have to say. How has Conspirator been? It's a wonderful sword, but I never got the chance to use it that much. Where have your quests taken you since the last time we met? Have you seen Erdy since we quested together? It's almost like she's left the hall for good."

I shake my head.

"So, I trust you've not been attacked by any more crazy, deranged animals, eh?" I chuckle.

I put up a notice in the hall:

Selling: Fashionable Shield (SP:7)-Send offers to Monk Pretzel.

"Aint' used it yet, looks pretty fine though. :thumbup: Lessee, had another run in with the Dr Trice's folk. Whatssitcalled. Guild of invision. Well They're making undead. Aint through necromancy though. :sadnew: An I just went down under the city. Huge cave. Anyway, long story short some freaking crab wants to kill all o' us. :laugh: Suppose he counts as a deranged animal. Oh and, Erdy was there too. She seems good."

Sarge takes a puff out of a cigar. He coughs, and looks at his bandaged hand. "Them blokes at the cathedral of commerce also told me some black news. The clerics. I've not got much time left 'parently. :look: Shows how much they bloody know. :hmpf_bad:" Taking another puff sarge looks up at Pretzel. " nuff of my woes, how've you been old friend?"

Edited by Pyrovisionary

I hand Ammit and the Staff of Ennon back to Arthur, but hold onto the Healing Staff.

"It was a pleasure working with you, Arthur. I noticed that you have two of these staves and I wouldn't mind having one myself. How much would you be willing to part with it for?"

"I prefer to keep it with me, so I can pass it on to other Heroes who can use it on Quests--much like my spare Artifacts. It has some very niche uses that synergize well with some of my artifacts."

OOC: Case in point, Mystic Knights and Battle Mages have exceedingly useful abilities when using a Healing Staff, not to mention the Jinxed/Lucky stacking I can use with Paladins when I use the Sword of the Vampir. :wink:

Tarn gives Monk Pretzel the Counterstrike Gloves, and gives back to Arthur the Phoenix Essence he had just given.

"Take these as well, both of you, with my thanks and gratitude that we were able to accomplish much for the Princess."

He took another swig of his ale, and wistfully said, "It shall soon be time for me to leave. Can I ask a favour of you both?"

Em approaches Pretzel.

"Would you be willing to sell your Fasionable Shield(SP:7) for 100 gold?"

Tarn gives Monk Pretzel the Counterstrike Gloves

I look in surprise at the gift.

"You really are very generous, Tarn. Are you sure you're in the right job class. A fellow like you should be a knight...perhaps a cleric, but I can't really see you being the latter..."

I pause for a while.

"Tarn, I have something very special for you...a gift that is..." I trail off.

"...Have you ever had an experience where you've thrown a bomb and utterly destroyed your enemies?"

He took another swig of his ale, and wistfully said, "It shall soon be time for me to leave. Can I ask a favour of you both?"

"Certainly, you have proven yourself to be well worthy of any favours you could ask."

"Would you be willing to sell your Fasionable Shield(SP:7) for 100 gold?"

"Certainly." I hand the ranger my Fashionable Shield and accept the 100 gold. "Or, instead of the gold, would you like to trade it for those Grating Stones?"

"May it serve you well, as it served me." I rub a smidgen or dirt off the shield's rim. It had served me well and it was certainly a good shield.

"I don't recall seeing you around the hall before. Have you been around for a while?"

Edited by Palathadric

Em nods in thanks, thinking for a moment. "I haven't been around too terribly long," he replies. "Everything still feels new. I am Em; What of you?"

Edited by emjajoas

"Pretzel...Monk Pretzel of the Pretzelian Order. I have been around the hall for quite some time I suppose, but it seems like I've been around for a lot longer. It's hard to tell. I've completed seven quests since returning to the hall after being away for many years. How many quests have you completed?"

Are you giving me the Grating Stones or the Gold?

"I've completed five," the warden answers, nodding. He orders a drink and takes a sip, glancing around the Hall. Was it becoming home?

The gold; been saving those grating stones for when I get my hands on something nice.