Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Heckz notices Avalanche is in the hall. Heckz takes off his hat and walks to him. "How were the Fields? I'm hoping to go there if the sign ups open."

An official looking U'Kin marches into the Hall, posts a piece of parchment, and promptly marches back out.

Chosen Heroes for Quest 92

Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 29 Mystic Knight

Tarn Valco, Level 24 Raider *Party Leader*

Monk Pretzel, Level 25 2/3 Paladin

Be outside the Hall early tomorrow morning be outside the Hall.

-U'Voros

Karie returns to the hall, looking tired and groggy, barely missing the U'Kin. A black and white cat follows close behind her, looking curiously around the hall. She makes her way to the saloon, returning to her faithful table, her name still scratched into it. She pulls a brochure for a jeweller's out of her sweater's pocket, looking it over while taking her seat. Her cat Hershey leaps onto the table and begins to clean herself.

Edited by Kintobor

Heckz notices Avalanche is in the hall. Heckz takes off his hat and walks to him. "How were the Fields? I'm hoping to go there if the sign ups open."

"Pretty cool. We fought zombies, direwolves, demonic scarecrows, hungry bears and possessed pumpkins, to say the least! I was knocked out twice, admittedly, but still, we had a good time. You should have seen Romulus. He single-handedly wiped out all the enemies on Round 1 of our battle in the pumpkin patch. I'm going to be a Raider when I reach level 15. But it's still possible that you could get on 93. I really want to..."

He turns to Nain, "Hi, I'm Avalanche. Who are you?"

~Sign-ups for the next party to enter the Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory are open for the time being.~

CURRENT SIGN-UPS TO QUEST#93:

1. Heckz Brutenhal, Level 17 Sorcerer (Cutcobra)

2. Karie Alderflask, Level 20 1/3 Witch (Kintobor)

3. Sorrow, Level 24 1/3 Assassin (Endgame)

4. Erik Tyrvarr, Level 16 Shaman (Myrddyn)

5. Mizuki Kimura, Level 20 1/2 Assassin (Zakura)

6. Náin Herringson, Level 1 Mage (Nic herring)

7. Throlar Wineghilm, Level 9 Knight (Lord Duvors)

8. Althior Emorith, Level 36 2/4 Necromancer (K-Nut)

9. Avalanche, Level 12 Barbarian (Dragonfire)

10. Thalion Dwinlas, Level 22 1/3 Sorcerer (-obelix-)

11. Romulus Dean, Level 21 2/3 Raider (TheBoyWonder)

I open the doors to Heroica Hall almost as silently as I had when I exitted them. Being a quiet enough individual, with most of my typical conversation mates absent or otherwise occupied, it appeared I slipped out unnoticed. However, something was clearly different when I walked out compared to no, and it had nothing to do with the hall itself. I exitted this hall with a straight posture, ready to take on any trial or quest that may have faced me... and I shambled back in, back slumped. In short, I felt... Old, really. And my recent trip to the physician's didn't help any - in fact, it was the cause.

With a crumpled up piece of paper summarizing the gloomy visit in my hand, I take a seat and unfurl it. Rolling out the creases, I read it again, wondering if the ink on the paper will change the more I look at it.

Obviously, it won't.

Edited by Endgame

Afterwords, he walks to the bar and there spots a familiar face. "Alexander, my friend, you are back form the Fields already? How was it?"

"Hey, Thalion, my friend, it's a pleasure to meet you, sit with me for a moment." says the elven archer smiling to his friend and giving him the same vine he was drinking "The Fields of Glory, you ask? well, it is very different from a classic quest, there are only battles, without any interlude but you gain some interesting things. The quest is open again, do you want a run, waiting for an interesting quest?" asks smiling Alexander to his friend.

"So, Avalanche, there isn't any possibility that these beasts might have... you know... fleas? Or diseases?" said Heckz nervously.

"Well, we were fighting rats- and you never know what rats might be infected with...and zombies aren't exactly clean...but I'm sure alligators, scarecrows and pumpkins aren't infested with anything," remarks the yeti.

"I too will visit again, if I do not get chosen on 93. I believe Avalanche and Alexander will vouch for my abilities at clearing the fields."

"His abilities are impressive. Those pumpkin-things, chickens and white rabbits didn't stand a chance!"

Amorith rushes up and signs his name down for Quest 93.

He then sits down in and out of the way table and starts listening to the conversations around him.

I walk over to my red-headed granddaughter. I try desperately to hid eit, but my dreary demeanor was nothing but obvious.

"Umm... Hi. Again. Think we should give the fields another shot?"

I begin to notice not even my posture is straight any more. Get a grip, Sorrow!

Karie rubs her eyes, clearly tired. She notices her grandfather approach and puts the brochure away.

"Hey! Sorry, just stayed up really late last night. Another shot at the fields, eh? Sure, we'll see. Lets see what happens with this whole academy kerfuffle, and see if we get on. I'm certain some kid's just pulled some elaborate prank or something. Besides, it might be good to, um, bond, is that the word I'm looking for? I guess bond during the quest."

She notices Sorrow's off demeanour. Still somewhat tired, she stretches.

"You... okay? Something you feel worth talking about?"

"Making the entire academy vanish? Some parlor trick for an adolescent." I note.

"Just had a bad visit to the physician's office, that's all. Well, three visits. One said they were booked, one was a holy cleric and attempted to drive a cross in my forehead before I ran out, and the third gave me some... less than perfect news."

I give a distant look before shaking my head a bit and returning to reality.

"Yourself? I saw a brochure - plannning a vacation somewhere?"

"I've heard of the Academy, actually. Amelia, my adoptive sister attempted to get in, but was turned down. Not sure why, she's pretty intelligent."

"Less than perfect? Everything's alright, yes?" Karie looked at Sorrow worryingly before pulling herself out of it. "Well, whatever it is, I'm certain you'll figure something out. Any luck in finding that rare herb, Sunset Shimmer I believe it was called?"

She pulls out the brochure. "Oh, this? No, it's a brochure for deals going on at a jewellers. Black Over sales. I'm sort of in the market for something nice... oh, this one's nice... and affordable..."

"I've been working on the Shimmer. I'd rather not do it from backwater channels, for obvious reasons..."

"Black Over? Can't say I've heard of it... Then again, I'm not one for shopping sprees. For yourself, or...?"

"About the doctor's visit..."

I sigh, and unfurl the doctor's notice. I roll it out on the table, pressing out the creases, and direct her attention to the last line on the notice. It was written in a stereotypical docotr's scrawl, but the writing was as clear as it was grim:

"Patient's Life Expectancy: 1 to 2 years."

"Of course not, don't want to be grouped with the criminal's of this city." She snickers. "Nothing against you, it's just here I am with a legalized vigilante group, doing who know's what."

"It's basically one big sale. Some of the shop participate in the event, but not everyone's gotten into yet. Our little marketplace, per example, is one of the areas where it hasn't caught on. The Tritech company's apparently showing off some new invention to the public, and a large market's being put up for the occasion. As for the brochure, I'm shopping for someone else at the moment, but if I see something cheap enough, I may pick up something myself."

Karie watches as Sorrow unfurls the doctor's note, focusing in on the last line. It took a moment for things to register in.

"Is... this some kind of joke, because if it is, it isn't funny. It's a joke, right?"

I simply shake my head, my eyes downcast.

"Pretty cool. We fought zombies, direwolves, demonic scarecrows, hungry bears and possessed pumpkins, to say the least! I was knocked out twice, admittedly, but still, we had a good time. You should have seen Romulus. He single-handedly wiped out all the enemies on Round 1 of our battle in the pumpkin patch. I'm going to be a Raider when I reach level 15. But it's still possible that you could get on 93. I really want to..."

He turns to Nain, "Hi, I'm Avalanche. Who are you?"

"Náin Herringson" I say, "New mage from east, a way north of Brobric. I see we are both signed up for quest 93, did i see it calls for 6 people? is that a minimum? or does that mean we might not be chosen? either way i look forward to working with you." Hmm an academy I wonder if there will be any magic I can pick up while i'm there.

"It means that only 6 heroes can go on the quest. You might not be chosen."

OOC: Nic herring, you need a picture for Nain or else you can't go on the quest.