Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

The raider chuckled after Alexandre's last words, that reminded Guts of something... "Hm, you make a solid first impression. I suggest we make a deal... If we get sorted into different groups for the Baltarok whatyamacallit, we don't attack each other's groups, no matter what. I've heard what happened in Dastan that one time, and it's my belief that Heroica's people fighting each other is one of the dumbest things on this earth. After alcohol-free beer."

That said, the raider rummaged through his pack to find something he had been sitting on for a while, a folded up, dark red longcoat. The raider quickly emptied his old blue (short) coat, revealling a number of dangerous and mysterious looking vials and instruments, and put on the new coat.

"What do you think? Figured a new colour might not be the worst thing?"

Hybros snoozed in the corner, and grunted awake at the comotion in the Hall. He looked around, nodded in something similar to approval at Guts' blood-red coat, and stretched out in his chair. He got up and sat next to the Raider. "...ehehm, so these quests to Baltorak are leaving soon... let me tell you the place is not as bad as it sounds."

Alexandre grins as he sees all the dangerous equipment under the cloak. "It's good. The red suits you. Also, I agree we should try and not attack eachother's groups if we're separated. I'll try and restrain my questmates. Though however, I would like us to be in the same group. We'd be quite the powerful party. And I doubt any group would dare harm us."

Haldor sighed as he pushed open the familiar doors and wound his way through various chairs and tables to find himself a place to sit. There were quite a few people around, but he didn't mind. The nord waved for an ale to be brought over and sat quietly for a moment, staring up into the flickering light of the fireplace.

"That smell... smell's like... home."

Haldor looked around. Nearby were the familiar faces of Guts and Alexandre, and a few others he didn't know. But out of the corner of his eye, the nord spotted a face he certainly didn't expect to see. Jess was sitting in the corner, deep in conversation with Alexis, about what he couldn't think. Haldor froze for a moment, unsure as to whether he should make himself known, but soon thought better of this idea and simply resolved to hope that she had not realised his return - it would be easier for everyone if he didn't have to speak to his elven former love.

Lost in reflective thought, Haldor unhitched his weapons from his back and placing them roughly on a stool, amongst them a shining pair of brand-new tridents, and began fiddling with a rough grating stone that he had produced from his pocket somewhere.

"I can't imagine anyone wants this junk, but still, some like that sort of thing..."

Guts spotted Haldor in the corner of his eye, fiddling with... what looked like a grating stone. The raider, not done talking with Alexandre, Hybros and the new guy, folded op a small paper he found in his new jacket (a receipt for the repair of half a dozen sheetmetal scales) and threw it at Haldor's head.

Guts spotted Haldor in the corner of his eye, fiddling with... what looked like a grating stone. The raider, not done talking with Alexandre, Hybros and the new guy, folded op a small paper he found in his new jacket (a receipt for the repair of half a dozen sheetmetal scales) and threw it at Haldor's head.

There Haldor was, sitting there, minding his own business when some bugger decided to throw something hard at his head.

"Och, who was that?"

The nord looks around to see Guts nodding towards him.

"Did you do that?"

The raider waved Haldor over. "You´ll live, it´s just paper. I want that stone... Unfortunately, I´m presently challenged in the gold department. However, what I do have are various other tidbits I don´t particuarly need or want. Have a look."

A notice is slipped onto the Heroica Quest Board without anyone's notice:

Looking for a replacement hero for Quest #81: Home Sweet Home.

Hoke saw the northman enter the Hall and head over to the raider. As he turned back to his seat, something in the pile of Haldor's gear caught his eye.

"Schnappi is still getting tetchy I see." Tesni chuckled as she put the swords away. "I think we need to get some of these people away on quests or more than a broom will be needed to fix up the hall!"

"Hello again ma'am." He quickly nods to Hoke. "Since our business together went so well last time, I thought I'd give you the first opportunity to make a purchase from me. I offer this exotic mushroom (Level Up Mushroom (Grants the hero one full level upon consumption.)), grown only in a shaded portion of a special magical field. Once consumed it will permanently enhance the way you see all things. Your sword arm will surely move faster and swing harder. For only 280 gold." Nur looks up see another familiar face and calls over to him. "Alf Johon! How about it? Care for a magic mushroom that makes your smarter? I'll give ya the friend discount, 300 gold!"

The raider waved Haldor over. "You´ll live, it´s just paper. I want that stone... Unfortunately, I´m presently challenged in the gold department. However, what I do have are various other tidbits I don´t particuarly need or want. Have a look."

Haldor rubbed the back of his skull with a pained look.

"Easy for you to say - ain't there a gentler way to get a bloke's attention? Anyway, I've taken a look at what you're carrying around and unfortunately there ain't much attracting my eye. I could probably keep this here stone for you until we meet again and your wallet's looking a bit fatter, sound fair?"

Hoke saw the northman enter the Hall and head over to the raider. As he turned back to his seat, something in the pile of Haldor's gear caught his eye.

The nord gazes over his shoulder to notice a friend of his eyeing up his equipment.

"Aren't I just the most popular man today? Can I help you, Hoke?"

What- no, over there. Talking to Alexis. I swear that's Jess, but no one's seen her for years.

Squinting, Thothwick scans the crowd. Hoptet joined in too, seemingly oblivious to the fact he hadn't met Jess.

"By gum, I think you could be right! Hard to tell beneath her... mane?"

"Whoever she, his fur is lost control."

"I see pronouns may require revisiting."

Thothwick turned back to Dyric.

"I must confess Mr. Rone, I can't tell. It's been many months since I saw her, and we were only together for a brief period of my first Quest. I was... detained, throughout the majority of it's duration. Even then, she wore a helmet that concealed most of her face. Curious, looking back, I always assume she was Knight."

"Hello again ma'am." He quickly nods to Hoke. "Since our business together went so well last time, I thought I'd give you the first opportunity to make a purchase from me. I offer this exotic mushroom (Level Up Mushroom (Grants the hero one full level upon consumption.)), grown only in a shaded portion of a special magical field. Once consumed it will permanently enhance the way you see all things. Your sword arm will surely move faster and swing harder. For only 280 gold."

"Ah, I am always one for mystery mushrooms! At such a price I can't say no" Tesni rummaged out some gold coins..

The raider grinned: "And why is that, Hybros?"

"I, erm, have lived there before. Before I came to Eubric, for a little while. There is risk, and a lot of crowds you do not wish to get involved with, but that is the same as anywhere, especially Eubric, hehehe... It is strange how accepting those that have not been treated so, are. Then again, we should be well-prepared to deal with anything, as usual, heh."

Hybros suddenly noticed a little gnome behind Guts' muscular form. "Hey, you... you are another of the short people I have seen... do you live in... ehem." He brought his voice down to a whisper. "Do you live in Zylstra?"

"Hello again ma'am." He quickly nods to Hoke. "Since our business together went so well last time, I thought I'd give you the first opportunity to make a purchase from me. I offer this exotic mushroom (Level Up Mushroom (Grants the hero one full level upon consumption.)), grown only in a shaded portion of a special magical field. Once consumed it will permanently enhance the way you see all things. Your sword arm will surely move faster and swing harder. For only 280 gold." Nur looks up see another familiar face and calls over to him. "Alf Johon! How about it? Care for a magic mushroom that makes your smarter? I'll give ya the friend discount, 300 gold!"

Hybros sees Nur, the funny old man from his quick trip to the Fields of Glory, and waved him over. He wondered if he would be going to Baltorak with the rest of the heroes signed up.

The nord gazes over his shoulder to notice a friend of his eyeing up his equipment.

"Aren't I just the most popular man today? Can I help you, Hoke?"

Hoke extends his hand out to Haldor.

"How have you fared in your travels? Good to see you back in the hall. May I?" Hoke asks, pointing towards a trident.

"More than fair, appreciate it."

"So that's settled then."

Haldor stood up and made his way over to Guts' table, before sitting back in a chair and planting his muddy boots on the table as was most comfortable for him.

"You heard any interesting news lately, Guts?"

Hoke extends his hand out to Haldor.

"How have you fared in your travels? Good to see you back in the hall. May I?" Hoke asks, pointing towards a trident.

"By all means, help yourself. I picked up a couple of them in the city I was last in. Had to get rid of a tyrant and sort out a couple of things, one of my few quests that I can happily say did a lot of good - but I couldn't leave without testing the local hardware, could I? 190 gold's the price on 'em if you're into weapons of this kind."

Jess looked up from her conversation with Alexis when she heard the heavy hall doors open. Seeing Haldor, Jess whipped her head back to Alexis and continued her conversation. Jess noticed Haldor glance in her direction, and she took note when he decided not to come say something.

"Alexis... Haldor's just arrived. I feel like I should say something, but I have no idea what. Suggestions?"

Jess chanced a glance at Haldor again as several heroes went to greet him. She then wiped a bead of sweat, rare for an elf, from her brow and looked to Alexis awaiting a response.

Romulus tosses the medal of glory to Xander, before turning to Haldor.

"It was an honor to fight along side you."

"I must admit I haven't seen him in some time. Not sure I trust him much anymore either, there was a mystery on this quest, not sure what happened..." Alexis pauses to think. "I don't think he's seeing anyone else, just go say hello, be friendly."

Mizuki walks to the questboard. Looking at the quests, she thought "Its good to be back." Mizuki signs for Quest 88, 89 and 91

Walking to a table,Mizuki lays her weapons on the table, orders a pot of tea and some strawberry shortcake.

Jess paused for a moment, considering Alexis's words carefully.

"Alright, I'll go. Wish me luck!"

Getting up from her table with Alexis, Jess walked over to Haldor, her heart pounding with every step. Haldor glanced up at about the halfway mark, and Jess started sprouting beads of sweat on her brow. After an eternity, Jess reached Haldor's table and took a seat. The hall seemed to have gone silent, awaiting her words.

"Hello, Haldor. It's been awhile."

Thormanil wanders around the Hall, looking for Arx. Eventually he finds the little hatchling, squawking into Benji's ear.

"Come on, Arx," he says, motioning for Arx to take his place on Thormanil's shoulder, "We've got some shopping to do."

Before he makes it out of the bar, Thormanil notices a man selling some weapons. "Heh, quick detour li'l buddy." He approaches the man, laying his Wyvern's Tailblade on the table. "Looks like you've got a few more toys than you can handle! And here I am, needin' a new one. How about one of them pitchforks for this fine blade, hm?"