Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Heroes had came and left in fast pace as Maurice enjoyed the tranquility of a solitary place in the saloon. A note of the selected heroes for Quest #52 had just been posted at the quest board apparently, the talk about it quickly filled the hall and let Maurice know that he was one of them.

"Good, it's been a long time since my latest adventure. I'm all prepared and ready to go. Hm, I guess I should go read the note myself and see what I can find out about my party comrades, I don't think I've met any of them before."

Maurice got up and walked over to the quest board but some scruffy-looking man leaned against it and blocked his view.

"Excuse me, may I have a look at that list? There are perfectly good chairs over there if you need to rest."

Guts moved slightly to the left so the man could see the notices. Guts said:

"Maurice Ratabor, I presume? You don't particuarly strike me as a Nagure or a Sorrow. My name's Guts, I'll be joining you on this 'adventure'."

" I seem to be 30 gold short. I spent my other hundred on an amethyst. But you could have this water bomb and/or my longsword."

"Well I'll take whichever one you're willing to give up. Obviously the longsword is worth more than the bomb but whichever you're willing to give up."

Guts moved slightly to the left so the man could see the notices. Guts said:

"Maurice Ratabor, I presume? You don't particuarly strike me as a Nagure or a Sorrow. My name's Guts, I'll be joining you on this 'adventure'."

"Yes, I'm Maurice Ratibor. Good to meet you, eh "Guts". What do you think of the mission that lies before us, a suddenly appeared tower and some malicious gem? If I had heard about this 10 years ago I would've taken it for foolish peasant's talk, but the world is not what it used to be."

"Well I'll take whichever one you're willing to give up. Obviously the longsword is worth more than the bomb but whichever you're willing to give up."

The water bomb then... Pleasure doing business with you.

"The gem is trouble, I was part of a group send to find it. It's... not good. It makes the people around it ill and it can change their way of thinking, and it can be used for dark purposes. We made the mistake of allowing the gem to go away, I intend to rectify that mistake. As for suddenly appearing towers, I've only heard rumours of suddenly appearing buildings, it seems ridiculous, doesn't it?"

"The gem is trouble, I was part of a group send to find it. It's... not good. It makes the people around it ill and it can change their way of thinking, and it can be used for dark purposes. We made the mistake of allowing the gem to go away, I intend to rectify that mistake. As for suddenly appearing towers, I've only heard rumours of suddenly appearing buildings, it seems ridiculous, doesn't it?"

"It's what I've always said, magic gems gives us more trouble than benefit. Some mages might tell you they know how to handle the power, but there are too many questionable characters out there for it to be safe. A restriction on the use of gems should be in order, but without a strong ruler I don't see it happening any time soon. It's good that you know of this Darkstar and its powers, Guts, I'm sure it will help us in our quest. These suddenly appearing buildings is definitely something I will take with a grain of salt until I've seen it with my own eyes."

"It's what I've always said, magic gems gives us more trouble than benefit. Some mages might tell you they know how to handle the power, but there are too many questionable characters out there for it to be safe. A restriction on the use of gems should be in order, but without a strong ruler I don't see it happening any time soon. It's good that you know of this Darkstar and its powers, Guts, I'm sure it will help us in our quest. These suddenly appearing buildings is definitely something I will take with a grain of salt until I've seen it with my own eyes."

"Hm, I think we will get along just fine. I'm interested in the rest our party. I know Mizuki and Nerwen, but I can't say I know this Nagure or this Sorrow."

Sarge hears Guts talking about Nagure and Sorrow. "I Think that I could help with that Lads."

Finally! A chance to annoy those idiots.

"Nagure is a yeti..... Umm. Sorrow is a crazed multiple-personality-disorder lunatic. And what were we talking about again?" He returns to Benji.

"Water bomb. "

Hearing my name, I walk up to the quest board where two Heroes were talking.

"I'm Nagure. I'll assume you're Guts and Maurice? Oh, and these suddenly appearing buildings, they're real. Saw one on my first quest. Ask Sorrow and Mizuki. Would one of you guys mind lending me 22 gold as well? I've got my eye on some armour in the Marketplace."

Edited by Costy

Thothwick had finally reached a decision. He hurriedly ran up to the Saloon, clutching several pieces of paper to his chest, towards Hoptet.

"You look tired. No sleep?"

"I slept, yes, but it was fractured and inconsistent I kept on rising from my slumber, deliberating upon the increasingly dangerous situation that is Eubric's growing Witch population. First Atramor, then the one in the hovels - whom had apparently been dwelling here for years without my knowledge! - the Witch merchant, whom is likely selling her wares to convert more people to her coven, and now the two pirates in here, both of whom are likely attempting to form some-some crew of Witch-Pirates! This is dangerous. But, not anymore!"

"Ooh? You find answers?"

"Yes. I took me a while, but I believe I've found a solution. I've decided to found a society! A charity. An organisation, call it what you will. I've decided to christen it 'Society for the Ostracism of Witches'. For the first time in my life, I think I've found something that would've been much easier to do back in Capuchin. Where a noble charity or good cause would be gifted great banquets full of the good and great, all there to offer financial assistance and influential connections... I'll have to make do with my much lower position in Eurbician society. Can you envision it, Hoptet? Great men, women and families of the city - the Ziegfrieds, the Hinckwells, the Shaduex, the Bonapartes, all of them! - all of their time, money and resources, united with a single ambition: casting out all Witches!"

"You think it work?" Hoptet's scepticism was notable even threw his second tongue.

"Yes. Yes I do. And what's more, I want you to be the second signature on SOW's first petition."

Thothwick offered both a quill and one of his pieces of paper, and Hoptet took both, smiling. After slowly signing it, he returned the petition to Thothwick, who chuckled upon reading it.

"Remind me to teach you to write Humanish, too."

This petition lists the signatures of all Eubric citizens who wish to see the immediate Ostracism of all Witches

Thothwick

Hu Hoo Hopttet

Edited by Professor Flitwick

"I'm Nagure. I'll assume you're Guts and Maurice? Oh, and these suddenly appearing buildings, they're real. Saw one on my first quest. Ask Sorrow and Mizuki. "

"Aye, Guts. Appearing buildings... What is even the point? You'll have to bring me up to speed while we travel."

Goran, groan groan. Half of these people either hate undead or hate me directly. What a fun field day this'll be. I approach Guts.

"Yes, I am Sorrow. Yes, I've got more loose screws then you can count on two hands. Yes, you probably hate me from our last encounter. Yes, you deserve to. Yes, I'd like it if you do not throw me off the Tower of Doom when we get there.

So, who is leading?"

"Oh, it's you, hm, I don't hate you, kid. Your name is unfortunate. The woman who took the Darkstar - and the man attached to it - was also called Sorrow. Strange coincidence, eh? I can lead our group, I have lead two groups in Heroica in the past and have been succesful both times."

Edited by Scubacarrot

Hearing my name, I walk up to the quest board where two Heroes were talking.

"I'm Nagure. I'll assume you're Guts and Maurice? Oh, and these suddenly appearing buildings, they're real. Saw one on my first quest. Ask Sorrow and Mizuki. Would one of you guys mind lending me 22 gold as well? I've got my eye on some armour in the Marketplace."

"Oh, you're a big guy! So, you've seen these strange buildings? Well, I guess I'll get first-hand experience of them soon too. Armour is indeed a useful thing, I'm saving up for one myself. But here, take this 22 gold, I won't be able to buy mine until after this quest anyway."

"So, who is leading?"

"I can lead our group, I have lead two groups in Heroica in the past and have been succesful both times."

"I have no objection to that. It's good to have an experienced leader."

I shrug. I decide not to push my luck and mention I'm probably 400 years his elder and not, in fact, a kid.

"Sounds good to me. Now that we have a leader, shall we shove out?"

Edited by Endgame

A town watch man, clearly unsure on how Heroica works, walks into the room nervously. He approaches the Quest Board and tacks a sign to it before leaving. There is no quest pitch, just a wanted sign. The heroes ignore it, for the most part, too excited about the Quests they will soon be departing on. Only Johnny Everyman bothers to glance up, but he just shrugs and downs a shot of whiskey.

ZanePromo.jpg

Wanted - Zane, Fool to the Court of Demons

Edited by Zepher

Nerwen returned to the hall. The days spent meditating in the Grotto of Sem had done little to ease her inner turmoil.

A group of heroes was gathered around the quest board, a large white furred creature, a cleric, ninja girl, another hooded rogue, was there no end of rogues, they should call it herogueica. and of course, the ubiquitous, scruffy raider. She could hear them discussing Sorrow, the dark star and magically appearing buildings. Approaching them she saw her name, along with Guts' and some others. Clearly this was her party. Two clerics, three rogues? There would be a lot of sneaking and hurting on this one. And Guts. Arrogant, insufferable Guts.composing herself, she approached the group.

Peace upon you, I am Nerwen. The raider I know, but to the rest of you, hello.

Has there been a party leader named?

"Guts, I believe will be leading us."

The elve's eyes narrow and she clenches her fists.

"...I take it that is unsatisfactory?"

Endgame, please don't narrate my character's actions (no matter how insignificant seeming) without having cleared with me first. Guts and Nerwen is... complicated

Nerwen's face remained impassive as the hoodlum told her Guts was leading.

He does have a tendency toward drinking and distraction. We shall see how seriously he takes the role. But given his history, he cannot be to severe on insubordination with hypocracy.

Peace upon you, I am Nerwen. The raider I know, but to the rest of you, hello.

Has there been a party leader named?

"Greetings elven lady. My name is Maurice Ratibor, Paladin and servant of Ennoc. I believe we named this gentleman called "Guts" our leader for the time being, he seems to have some experience about the problems we are about to face. I see that you have the gift of healing, just as myself. Hopefully we will not have to use it much, but I'm prepared for whatever might come."

Whoops, sorry Chromeknight. I wanted to give the post a bit of meat besides "Guts will be our leader." and move the RP along a bit. :blush:

"Don't most of us here, unfortunately. Me included on some occasions..."