Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Tarn re-enters the Hall after a long absence. He sees that the Hall is mostly empty, but wanders over to the Quest Board regardless. He signs his name in a spidery yet elegant script below Quest#50 and Quest#51, noticing that Tesni had also signed up for the 108 Stars of Destiny Quest. He would like the chance to fight alongside her once again.

Arthur approached Thormanil once more. The Raider looked most displeased, but Arthur hoped that had to do with Alexandre's departure and not his own sign-up for Quest 51. "Thormanil," he says, "It appears I find myself in need of Gold. If you could loan me 126 gold for a Diamond and Magic Compass, I'd be most grateful." He glances at the other man's expression and decides to add, "You know, we don't have to wait for our shot in the Fields to make some money. A good Quest would be a great thing--we could get some decent experience and loot, and I have a feeling we'd be back before the year closes." He pauses, considering. "Unless you have some quarrel with the Ji Pei or some great love for the Bonapartes, I think you'd make a fine Quest-mate on Quest 51." Arthur falls silent to wait for Thormanil's reply.

After having spent some weeks in the Heroica Hall, Maurice felt that both his senses and body was back in good shape after his latest adventure. Now it was time to find new challenges. at the quest board there were three different notes and Maurice studied them carefully.

"Hm, I' not sure I want to help these Ji Pei types, they caused lot of trouble for the Bonapartes with the whole Jolly Roger story. I rather help out those Ve'er people if I can. Even if I don't know what a Haroka is I think I might be of use anyway."

Maurice Ratibor signs up for Quest #52: Tower of Doom

"Hah, how the mighty've fallen! Just days ago we were talkin' bout gettin' rich, and now yer here askin' for handouts, Arthur!" Thormanil laughs, "I've got some things that need tendin' to around the city before I head out anywhere, else I'd love to join ya. Personally, I'm hopin' to pick up a gem or two for myself while Elphaba's still around and I told a friend I'd pick up a few items for them, as well. Stretchin' myself mighty thin! If I could only sell this Wyvern's Tailblade (WP:12) for a good price, I'd be set, but I can't think of anyone around the Hall right now who'd want it and who could afford a price I'd like. It'd cost nearly 700 gold to make a new Mockthril weapon hit as hard as this baby. Maybe I could loan it out at a cost, or even loan out these boots, since they just refuse to fit on my feet. They've gotta be cursed or somethin', it's like they shrink whenever I try to put 'em on!"

"How soon are you heading out? I'd like to help y'out as best I can."

"Hah, how the mighty've fallen! Just days ago we were talkin' bout gettin' rich, and now yer here askin' for handouts, Arthur!" Thormanil laughs, "I've got some things that need tendin' to around the city before I head out anywhere, else I'd love to join ya. Personally, I'm hopin' to pick up a gem or two for myself while Elphaba's still around and I told a friend I'd pick up a few items for them, as well. Stretchin' myself mighty thin! If I could only sell this Wyvern's Tailblade (WP:12) for a good price, I'd be set, but I can't think of anyone around the Hall right now who'd want it and who could afford a price I'd like. It'd cost nearly 700 gold to make a new Mockthril weapon hit as hard as this baby. Maybe I could loan it out at a cost, or even loan out these boots, since they just refuse to fit on my feet. They've gotta be cursed or somethin', it's like they shrink whenever I try to put 'em on!"

"How soon are you heading out? I'd like to help y'out as best I can."

"Most likely within the week", Arthur replied, "If I'm not mistaken, the notice on the Board mentioned the 10th, that's less than four days from now; closer to three, now that the sun is almost set." A stray thought came to Arthur's mind, but he absently dismissed it; now was not a good time to take note of the peculiarities of the flow of time, and besides, his friend De'kra had a more removed perspective of such things--the shade would make sense of it when next they met. He hoped the Assassin would return to the Hall before he himself departed, though--of the three other Heroes who'd signed up, he only knew two--he'd fought alongside Tarn in Dastan for a brief time in the final battle, and had loaned the mage Siercon some gold mere hours before both departed for their own Quests. Worthy allies, true, but unfamiliar nonetheless. Thinking on it a moment longer, he continued. "I think Tarn might make good use of both those items, though he, too, appears to be short on Gold." Seeing Siercon sitting not far away, a plan comes to mind. "Perhaps if you sign up for the Quest, you, I, Siercon, and Tarn could pool our resources to do all our shopping with Elphaba, and work out terms to be repaid along the Quest. What do you say? Shall we go over and have a chat together?"

"Ah, Arthur, you should know that there's little I like more than a good adventure, but like I said, I've got myself rooted to the city for a while. Won't be goin' out anywhere, any time soon. I'll make ends meet one way or another, but since you've got places to be, I can spare ya a bit of gold."

Thormanil passes 76 gold to Arthur.

"Don't go spendin' it all in one place! Hah!"

Tarn sits with Arthur and the short Raider as they discuss Quests and merchandise.

"The tailblade is a beauty, it is true, but I fear well out of my price range. I am well equipped with Halbaerend and Lion's Heart, however. I do not really need another weapon. However, those boots do look interesting, especially as not every hero can use them. Are you perhaps interested in this Sand Worm Hide, which will offer you protection? (SP: 2). It has to be worth at least 55 gold. Perhaps we can come to some arrangement."

I am not actually offering a swap or anything, I know the value of the two items are wildly disproportionate. But it's good RP and maybe we can sort something out.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Arthur accepts the Gold with a chuckle. "I'm afraid that's exactly what I'll have to do, but at this price, it's definitely worth it. Elphaba doesn't carry Diamonds every day, and Diamonds are a spellcaster's second-best friend, after all." Arthur winks before getting up from his table and heading over to the Marketplace.

Arthur accepts the Gold with a chuckle. "I'm afraid that's exactly what I'll have to do, but at this price, it's definitely worth it. Elphaba doesn't carry Diamonds every day, and Diamonds are a spellcaster's second-best friend, after all." Arthur winks before getting up from his table and heading over to the Marketplace.

"It's like what they say. Diamonds are forever... no wait, that's different." Drake quietly whispers whilst sitting back in his chair. Drake then sips some more of the delicious liquid in front of him and continues shuffling some cards he found lying around on the streets.

An elegant-looking man in a turban enters the Hall. He frowns as he sees how empty the hall is. When he sees the scant number of signups, he sighes and carefully amends Quest#52: Tower of Doom so that the starting date is put back a week, to Monday 19th November.

It was past sunset when Barur entered back through the doors of the Heroica Hall. In the gloomy light of dusk the dwarf looked for familiar faces...after his strange last quest he'd retreat to the mountains to consider this new adventurer life."It as been too long" he wondered "though I see much as changed, many new heroes and heroines have joined.That's good"

His eyes kept search the hall and met the Quest board. Barur stood for a while there thinking of what to do next...

"Guess I'll sign for this Quest #51: A Shanty for Science and Quest#52: Tower of Doom,l ooks like a good place to start over!"

The dwarf signed out his name under the others and went to sit by the fire waiting...[/font]

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Current Sign-Ups for Quest #51:

Siercon, Level 5 Mage (Siercon and Coral)

Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 17.5 Sorcerer (Flipz)

Drake Flamerobe, level 5 Knight (xxlrocka)

Tarn Valco, level 17 Berserker (Rumble Strike)

Barur Tormek, level 9 Cleric (Aveal the black sheep)

The big doors open again and a cold breeze goes through the very empty Hall. A small and clumsy figure enters the Hall and the door clunked shut. The small person turns out to be dwarf, dressed with a warming, earth blue coat and holding some stick that seems to have been a broomstick long time ago. Now it was old and crooked, but holding a fragment of a gem at its top.

The dwarf remains staying at the doors while looking into the room. Its eyes gradually become adjusted to the darkness in the Hall. There are some people sitting at a table, some stray around a wall with some notes on it.

"4 Humans and 1 Giant, as far as I can tell", Stigveladi Kötturin mumbles quietly. "Maybe it was not a good idea to come her after all. At least there are no dwar..." Stigveladi stops in the middle of the sentence as the dwarf eyes the small figure at the fire place. It nearly could not be seen as it was hidden almost completely behind the backrest of the chair, the figure was sitting on.

"Oh great. Humans, a Giant and a Dwarf. And who knows who hides in the dark corners of this place. I really should leave. I don't want to make another bad experience in my life. But perhaps they do not know me. Can I risk it? I could try to separate from the others and watch them first. Or is it too risky after all?"

Stigveladi remains standing at the door, hesitant and uncertain about staying or leaving.

OOC For background infos please check my profile page! Keep in mind that your characters do not know these background infos. It would be nice if you won't recognize Stigveladi's gender at first (think of her as a male). But perhaps your character has very good eyes or is very knowingly about the dwarven race. So be it. (I'd prefer some roleplaying with her hidden gender. She has a beard, I mean! :grin:)

Also important: You do not know her name and still less her nickname!

Let the things roll by itself. Just my wish. :innocent2::cry_happy: :blush:

8168526214_9cfd14990d.jpg

Stigveladi Kötturin

247 years old dwarven Mage

Level 1

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 10

Equipment: Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3)

Inventory: Potion, Fragment of an Opal (Ice Elemental Gem)

Edited by PsyKater

A slightly familiar genie wooshes into the hall, looking out of breath, annoyed, and in a hurry.

eugene-icon.jpg

"Hello hello, I'm looking for a replacement for a hero that had to leave (Quest 42). Anyone interested? I'm looking for a nice brave dude (preferably Level 15 or higher.) So yeah if you are looking for a job and want some nice rewards (420 Gold to split, a rare potion of choice for each party member, and increased reputation with the Guild of Invision.) then let me know as soon as possible.

With that Eugene the Genie wooshes upstairs to go talk to Scheherazade.

Edited by Flare

Between sips of it's mug of ale Barur watched the almost empty hall without paying much attention. When the doors swang open he did not gave it much thought, but when he saw it was a dwarf he focused a little. After a closer inspection he almost spilled his beverage in awe!For the other inhabitants of the hall it could be hard to see that the dwarf just entered was in fact female but among dwarf the distinction was obvious (even for Barur who has not seen one in many years). I is seldom that a female dwarf is seen outside dwarfish lands but it wasn't this that surprised him...

He recognized her immediately although he had never actually seen her before. In the first years of his journey he had cross many lands and there is a single dwarf in the lands around Kottur that doesn't know Amma the Kind-heart. It is rare for a dwarf female to be leader but her generosity and love own the hearts of her people and word of her deeds travelled far. Besides, she was one of considerable beauty (in dwarf standards that is). When she looked towards him Barur moved uneasily in his chair. After a while, seeing that Amma just stood by the door, he mustered up some corage and went to greet her. Kneeling down he spoke as courteously as he could for it was the first time he spoke to a queen:

"What would bring such a great wise leader so far into human territory I wonder" he said, eyes on the ground "It is a pleasure to meet you....Lady Stigveladi Kötturin"

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Arthur looked over at the pair of dwarves conversing. It has been some time since the dwarven races have entered into the affairs of Heroica, yet now two have appeared in this very Hall... Arthur takes a long, hard look around the Hall that had become his home. Something was changing in Eubric...he could feel it. The city itself was altered, and what had once been superficial tensions now grew tight...and a presence, as familiar to him as his own flesh, approached the Hall.

"No...it can't be possible..."

Leaving the remains of a half-eaten meal, Arthur hurries off, drawn inexorably to the Library to await the arrival...to await the future...

Guts opened the doors to the hall. A heap of a man walked in, had it really been only one night? He was getting too old for this. Of course, there was the issue of the giant sack of gold slowing him down. He would need to do something about that. A trip to the marketplace was appropiate, he felt. On the walk to his usual table, Guts shouted out to no one in particular, hoping someone would hear him:

"Bring me a bottle of wine. It's an emergency."

When no one seemed to be responding and Guts did not see anyone at the bar, Guts leaned over and grabbed two bottles himself, he knew where Scheherazade stored the stuff. Guts reached his table, and dropped the book he had been carrying. Right. To Byblos, but first a drink.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Hybros was exhausted when he returned to the hall. It hadn't been that long, but his experience felt like a lifetime of trials. Mephisto's words still echoed around his head, even though both the Pheles Rod and Zoot's Reaper had been silent for a while. He was glad to have found Namrrya and William again, and was thankful to get back to the hall for some rest. He lazily noted a few dwarves as well as some other heroes scattered around, and noted that Guts had already gotten back. Not looking for a conversation, Hybros began to ascend the steps to the saloon, when he noticed something on the quest board. Could it be? He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. He wasn't. There were not one but two new quests posted by the Ji Pei.

"At long last!" he exclaimed to himself. Without hesitation or even reading the quest descriptions, he signed his name under Quests #50 and #51. His head buzzed with excitement, but his body was still tired, so he continues up the stairs and found his usual corner spot to take a well-needed sleep.

IC: De'kra stumbled into te hall, having trouble focusing. As walked through thebfuzzy room, he recognized that the quest board had two new quests for the Ji Pei. Quickly he signed his name for Quests 50 and 51, hoping that the reputation from the battle will be properly analyzed before an automatic rejection.

OOC: I will try to be more active, the lack of coding options during Quest 44 had really turned me off from posting, but I will try to fight it better this time.

Guts returns to the hall, one his burdens gone, the book, but the gold was still there. Before heading on to the marketplace, Guts signed up for Quest #52, with the usual Holla in square letters.

<snip> After a while, seeing that Amma just stood by the door, he mustered up some corage and went to greet her.

Just a little moment after Stigveladi had entered the Hall, the little figure at the fireplace stood up and went straight up to her. She became anxious and looked around frantically. "Better I leave now",she muttered and turned towards the door. Right in that moment the door flew open and some Heroes returned from a long quest. Another human dross and some dark figures came in and Stigveladi got sidelined. The door closed and in the meantime the other dwarf had reached her and fell on his knees.

Kneeling down he spoke as courteously as he could for it was the first time he spoke to a queen:

"What would bring such a great wise leader so far into human territory I wonder" he said, eyes on the ground "It is a pleasure to meet you....Lady Stigveladi Kötturin"

Stigveladi got in rage. "Will you shut up you foolish shrimp?!" she hissed through her teeth and grabbed the dwarf's beard and trailed him behind her into a dark corner. She looked around in a horror. Would somebody had heard this conversation? A weird person at a table, probably kind of a Sorcerer, had looked to them. But he had quit the hall right after that. Would he tell anybody now? Was she in danger? She recognized that no one else had taken notice from them so she calmed down a bit. While always looking around, she went to the dwarf that looked to her somehow unsettled now.

"How do you know me? Who are you? Should I know you?",she said to him.

Edited by PsyKater

OOC: If I can sign-up

Alexaner make a brief appearance in the Hall and sign-up for Quest 50 and 51.

Sarge enters the hall. There are a lot of newcomers and he, after all wants to meet new people... Then fight them. Sarge signs up for Quest 51 and 52. Just in time! He sights 2 dwarfs having a conversation, and decides to test his Dwarven.

Whilst approaching he bumps into a man exiting the marketplace (guts).

"Hey! Watch it laddie. You do realize who I am right? 'Course not. I was killing people since before you were born."

Sarge then notices a second sword at his side. Possibly for sale, he pondered buying it.

"Sorry bout that. I'm Jon. But you shall call me sarge. I see that you have a second sword? How much for it? I'll give you an awful deal but at least it'll be in good hands. I'm not familiar on prices in 'Oobric. But I'll give 'ya 100 gold now... and the rest over periods of time later If ye' want. Deal?"

Sarge realises that it is a greatsword.

"Oh sh*t!"

He approaches the two dwarves. Having an argument it seems. For once. sarge was not included in the debate. "Hallo mining tools (feminine). What brings you to eubric. I am mining overseer Jonathan Mcaton. Sorry if my Dwarven is not so good. I hope to see you both in upcoming mining blockages"

I need a drink. But not at this Sh*thole.

As he exits the hall, he sees a familiar figure... He flattens his back against the wall, and attempts to shuffle down the market place to avoid them. The figure seems to see something. Sarge freezes. And it storms into the hall. Sarge relaxes. And continues down the street. past all kind of peddlers and thieves. He reaches that Oh so familiar building. His worship place. The cathedral of commerce. It is beautiful.... In it's own sort of way. It does not match the other buildings. Yet it is far grander. This is the house of Mercutio. The cathedral of commerce. He enters. Faces turn from the pues to look at the newcomer. And he turns into a stairwall. His pegleg clattering down the steps. A man passes him, and nods in acknowledgement. He passes all kinds of artifacts in display cases. Yet against his personality, sarge does not steal a single thing. He enters a small room. It is plain, with a bed and drawers. A glimmer of light shines down from a murky window at street level. He pulls of his boot as he enters, kneels at the bed. And prays.

Edited by Skyrimguy

The raider was on his way back from the marketplace. Guts raised an eyebrow when an old man bumped into him, seemingly on purpose. Hm. And he thought he was getting too old to deal with this stuff.

"Watch it, oldtimer. You wouldn't be able to lift the sword if you tried. And I don't provide charity."

With that, Guts walked on to his table, and uncorked the second bottle of wine.