Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Suddenly, Drake's alternate personality spoke in the back of his head.

Hey, you gonna try or should I do it?

Shut up.

I will gladly shut you up and get you a drink!

I hate you.

Now to go get you and me somethin' good.

Not-Drake walked up to the bar easily, the sweat having suddenly disappeared from him. Once there, he ordered something called "Knight night" and drank it in one quick swig.

Then he fell asleep really quickly, waking up after a few hours. He looked around, then realized the other personality was gone.

"Yes! Now to go find the nearest person I know!"

Tesni sat in a room of the hall, working on her equipment. Swords needed buffing, wooden handles and leather needed waxing, her armour needed to be checked and her shield tested. It would not do to go out once more without being prepared.

Thormanil entered the Hall, groggy and disoriented. He wasn't quite sure how he'd gotten back to the Hall, but here he was. One thing he did know was that he was in the mood for some high-class wine. As he approached Schezerade's bar, faces in the crowd began to trigger hazy memories. The feeling was akin to trying to remember a dream when one wakes up, but Thormy couldn't shake the feeling that these were more than a dream. Making his way through the bar, Thormy recognized many of the faces, but was caught off guard when a man he had never met before struck him as familiar. The man wore a pointy blue hat, and Thormy felt compelled to strike up a conversation about the two things he loved most--fighting and gold!

A novis in dark blue clothes walks into the Hall and up to the Quest board. He quickly puts up a note at the sign-ups for Quest #49 and then gets out agai. The note says that:

The following heroes has been chosen for
Quest #49. The Light That Reveals Everything
:

Cronk
(CorneliusMurdock)

Haldor
(Scorpiox)

Älexis
(MaskedBuilder) *Party Leader*

Please meet up with High Priestess Alisameth in the Temple of Ennoc for further instructions.

Down your drinks and do your last minute shopping, Quest topic will be up within 20 hours.

Drake looked at Thormanil as if he was a complete stranger.

"I think I remember him... oh yeah! The guy who looked like he was gonna crush somebody at any second! He looks so different... in the way he looks even more like he wants to crush somebody. So I will back away and order more drinks. Slowly... slowly..."

Drake backed away, then ordered a large glass of his regular.

Arthur was surprised to see Thormanil approach him--but he recognized the Shaman as a companion of the shade, De'kra, on Quest 4, as well as from another adventure he could only vaguely remember. Knyghton had been there, and Atramor, and Docken, and Alexandre...and several others he couldn't quite recall. He seemed to remember a talking skeleton wearing a purple cloak...but that surely couldn't be possible, it must have been a side effect of whatever had turned his head hazy. Arthur groaned--his headache had returned...wait, what headache? This one? He recalled some conversation with Schezerade, but all of a sudden a strange sensation had taken hold of the Hall, and he had suddenly had a vision of a man in strange, futuristic clothes swearing profusely for several days. He shook his head--the more he thought on these past few days, the worse his condition got; perhaps it would be best to ignore them for the time being.

As Thormanil began to speak, a thought began to spark within his dizzied mind. Glory. Fortune and glory. Yes, I want that. She might not direclty respect that, but I wonder... Soon, the Sorcerer and the Shaman were engaged in a flurry of plans, discussions, and ideas, sketching out complex diagrams and making several trips back and forth to the Library--Arthur took a moment to borrow some of the more recent Quest records, even if he did not yet have the time to review them. Soon, in a darkened alleyway, Arthur and Thormanil met and shared their plans with another conspirator, and the three began making their final preparations for their undertaking...

Edited by Flipz

Alexandre looks up, "Arthur! And who is this, Thormanil? Pleasure to meet you. I have an inkling we are talking about the Fields of Glory." :grin_wub:

Haldor shot upright as a robed figure strode proudly through the hall to post a note upon the questboard. Straining his eyes to define the writing on it, the Nord noticed the bright seal of the Paladin order, and the names of those who had been decided to embark on the quest hosted by the religous knights. Noticing his name on the list, along with (to his pleasure) dear Jess, and the steadfast knight Cronk. This would turn out to be a most eventful quest indeed, and Haldor would hopefully be able to put his new skills to the test, and maybe even find out what the hell he was supposed to do with Zoot's Plaything. The burly Nord helped himself to another long draught of ale, and watched the goings on around him.

"Shhh, person-shrouded-in-shadows, yer taking all the suspense out of it! But yes, that we are. The pieces're all fallin' into place. I just need to find Jess and borrow that sword of hers.. By the way, who's Jess?"

"Haldor's lover, an elf. A female elf. She's an Assassin now, she's just been selected for a Quest. Hurry and ask her, before they depart!"

"Haldor's lover, eh? Guess I could make life easy 'n just hover 'round Haldor til she shows up."

He sidles over to where Haldor is sitting and waits for Jess to join the man

Alexis sees that she was accepted, for Quest #49. "Perfect," she thinks. "Time to test out my new bow. And as party leader too" She mumbles to herself, not really thinking about what's going on around her, she is still contemplating her decisions she's made. Alexis sits at a table waiting for her fellow quest-mates to join her.

Jess walked into the hall, looking for Haldor. She saw her name on a quest... But Alexis's picture.

"I didn't sign up for this quest... Hey, Alexis! I think this bloke meant you!"

Jess then went to where Haldor was sitting with an... Unkempt barbarian.

"Haldor! I've missed you!" Jess exclaimed, embracing her Norse sweetheart. "Who's your friend here?"

Jess walked into the hall, looking for Haldor. She saw her name on a quest... But Alexis's picture.

"I didn't sign up for this quest... Hey, Alexis! I think this bloke meant you!"

En Sabah Nur looks at the quest board. "Ah, it seems Jess finally tamed that outlandish hairstyle." The mage continued on his way.

"Hello again, Jess. I hope that you keep well while I've been whisked off again, make sure that you don't sit around waiting for my return." Haldor smiled. "I'm going to miss you, so here, take this to keep while I'm away." Haldor produced the now dull Diamond of Thoric from his pack, and handed it to his lover with a warm embrace. "To remind you that I'm never too far away to feel your warmth, look inside its surface, Jess, you can see us in the crystal. Have fun and don't get too drunk when I'm not here to put you to bed." The Nord gave her a quick kiss and then leant back in his chair, glancing at the man who was sat opposite the table. "I belive that this fellow is waiting for you, Jess, gods know what he wants. Been scheming with young Arthur, have you Thormanil?"

"I 'spose you could call it schemin'. He's got a heckuv'an imagination on him. We traded war stories and eventually I asked him if he'd like to help keep some poor sap alive while I took every coin they owned. He took that plan and ran with it and now, well.."

Thormanil turns to Jess

"Yer sword, Jess. Arthur says it's a cursed blade. I ain't one for superstitions, but he's got it in his mind that your little stabby-sword can be of help. We're fixin' to go to the fields soon. D'ya think I could borrow yer toy for our little venture?"

:blush: Terribly sorry for the confusion, I mixed up MB's and Sisco's characters. It is indeed Alexis (Masked Builder), not Jess (Sisco), that is chosen:

The following heroes has been chosen for
Quest #49. The Light That Reveals Everything
:

Cronk
(CorneliusMurdock)

Haldor
(Scorpiox)

Alexis
(MaskedBuilder) *Party Leader*

"I 'spose you could call it schemin'. He's got a heckuv'an imagination on him. We traded war stories and eventually I asked him if he'd like to help keep some poor sap alive while I took every coin they owned. He took that plan and ran with it and now, well.."

Thormanil turns to Jess

"Yer sword, Jess. Arthur says it's a cursed blade. I ain't one for superstitions, but he's got it in his mind that your little stabby-sword can be of help. We're fixin' to go to the fields soon. D'ya think I could borrow yer toy for our little venture?"

"Oi! You! The brute! Smooth talk 'er into doing it!" Drake shouted, clearly drunk.

Jess accepted the jewel with a look of awe at her lovers generosity.

"Diamonds... A girls best friend, some say..." Jess mumbled. "Thank you, Haldor. Enjoy your quest."

Jess then turned to the barbarian seated next to Haldor.

"If you want to borrow it, fine. You may not be superstitious, but I sure as Hell am. Here." Jess handed over the Sword of the Vampir.

Johon walks to the questboard and places a notice on it:

Johon posts a notice in the market-place and Hall:

Selling scroll of luck, down price of 80 gold, bidding.

100x100scrollofshielding.jpgScroll of Luck - Grants target the lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.

qi64g.png

"Okay... I guess sign-ups will close *wheeze* when 6 heroes of the correct or near correct level range sign-up...

They've probabaly already *cough* conquered the entiretown. Ooogh..."

Current Sign-ups for Quest 48: Death's Homecoming

Alf (Played by BricksAndParts)

Sylph (Played by Dannylonglegs)

Czech (Played by RPGer)

Isabella (Played by Dharkan)

Edited by Endgame

Thormanil nods to Jess in appreciation, "Thanky, should come in quite handy." As he takes the blade, he feels a chill run down his spine. "Huh, heck of a time for a breeze to roll through.." he mutters.

Drake looked around the hall.

"Awfully quiet around. I wonder when the next quest'll come up."

Drake coughed.

"Well... one they will let me enter, at least."

Lycan walks into the hall, full Werewolf form, and mutters "Damn, I should of reverted back to human form again."

He Signs Up for Quest 48

"Hey Siercon, Can I have my share of the gold?"