Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Nur sees the questboard. His eyes slowly close and he inhales deeply. The air is expelled and he nods as his eyes reopen. "Ho there, Johon. I've been working on my physical strength so that I may be able to "fight side by side with the warriors" as the battle mage recruitment poster says. What do you know of our comrades, Sylph Solanum and Dak Shadeaux?

Showing nearly supernatural hearing, Dak raises his head towards Nur from the other side of the Hall. Sidling over, the black knight says, "I am Dak Shadeaux, stone mage. I have already...aquainted myself with fairy boy over there. And I'll tell you one thing.....I'm beginning to think I'm going to enjoy this quest," he says, grinning wolfishly.

"I don't know too much about either of them, I haven't quested with them. I think that Dak is some relative to the Shadeaux, as his name would imply." Johon notices up close that Nur was even stronger than he appeared at a distance. "So, looks like someone's been working out?" Johon pats Nur on the back, but unlike old times, Nur is fully able to remain standing. "Would you like me to teach you some survival skills before we head out?"

"I...could use some lessons in survival skills. Ya never know, one day I could lose my magical abilities then where would I be? I accept your offer of training."

Showing nearly supernatural hearing, Dak raises his head towards Nur from the other side of the Hall. Sidling over, the black knight says, "I am Dak Shadeaux, stone mage. I have already...aquainted myself with fairy boy over there. And I'll tell you one thing.....I'm beginning to think I'm going to enjoy this quest," he says, grinning wolfishly.

"Well met." He glances at the man's handbag. "That is a peculiar coin purse you have there. Rather fancy in fact. Something I'd expect a flamboyantly dressed mage to wear. Like that one with the big hat and the apparition that follows him."

Johon leads Nur to his belongings as well as his previous catch. After explaining what parts of the animals can be used for what, Johon skins and guts the animals.

"You may not need to know how to start a fire traditionally, but in case you need to know, I'll show you." Johon shows Nur some different methods to start a fire, some using a fire bow, some rapidly spinning a thin stake, and using his magnifying glass, though even Johon has trouble setting it up properly. After they are through with some basic training, Johon cooks the food and sits across from Nur. They did have their differences, but Johon could see a slight friendship between them. "Do you think you would be able to teach me a thing or two about magic?"

After spending a long time thinking back on all the things they had done and all the battles they had fought in their latest quest Namyrra got up an put up a note saying:

Stuff for sale:

Shiny dagger (WP:10)

Lullaby wand (WP:8, sleep effect)

Topaz gem

(all offers for these will be considered)

Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Ether:4), 150 gold, (70 gold less than what Fabian charges in the marketplace!)

Gah! I'm so stupid I thought that buying this would leave me with only 30 gold. :blush: Serves me right for posting so late at night. :wacko:

"Actually I have reconsidered, I'll purchase the Ethereal Cloak from you at said, price, I am also interested in the Lullaby wand. I am assuming it is useable by clerics and mages, correct? How exactly does it work. Does it put an enemy to sleep when struck and also deduct their health? Would you be willing to part with both the cloak and the wand for 200 gold?"

Participants of Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

- Erdathcath Madilinas : Level 16.5 Druid (The_Customizer)

- Monk Pretzel : Level 11 Cleric (Palathadric)

- Eric : Level 20 2/3 Raider (Khorne) *Party Leader*

eugene-icon.jpg

"Well hello, I'm Eugene, Dr. Trice's assistant. I've decided that you three will do quite nicely for the tasks that Dr. Trice needs you for. You all can have one day to finish packing up your few belongings and spending your meager gold on worthless items, and then meet me outside of the hall tomorrow. I'll be helping you get to Dr. Trice's abode. Thank you and no asking for three wishes."

I look at the quest board.

Yes! Another quest! Before too long my services will be in as great demand as they used to be. Who the devil is this raider and that druid, though? Why do always get the criminal and pagan types to go on quests with me?" :hmpf:

From the moment I look at Eugene, I dislike him...immensely.

"Look at the blue creature. Methinks he is a devil of some kind. What man can be blue naturally? And who is he to claim the contents of our purses to be as light as taht. Fool! I hope he won't be the one showing us around," I mutter aloud.

I turn to the woman selling the Ethereal Cloak. I don't much care for her face. She is looks somewhat demonic herself. Certainly not of any of the normal sentient beings.

"Here, take the 150 gold for the Ethereal Cloak. May I consider it mine?"

Edited by Palathadric

Alexis watches the chicken post who is going into the field. "Excellent. Well I'm ready to go ladies."

OOC: I'm going out for most of the first half of the day, I will be back this afternoon.

Hrmm...

As he stroked his chin, Raven mumbles on about not having been chosen for quests.

Patience, young hero, patience. utters an old timer behind him.

These words just brushes him the wrong way. He then composes himself and spots a new quest...

Should be easy enough. Now... maybe a bloodhound can help...

he then shakes head upon looking at his satchel and sees it almost empty except for a few pieces of gold.

maybe next time.

He then proceeds to sign up for QUEST #45

Johon walks over to Namyrra at seeing the offers.

"Say there, I was interested in some of your offers. How about this: I'll give you a scroll of sealing and 160 gold for the Ethereal Cloak and the Lullaby wand? I believe they could come in handy with the quest I'm heading into."

"I'm sorry mr Johon, but I'm afraid that offer isn't good enough. While I'd be more than willing to take that scroll of sealing off you I don't think the scroll plus 160 gold is anywhere near enough for a weapon that has cost me 260 gold to get up to it's current power and a cloak that would cost you 220 gold if you were to buy it in the marketplace."

"Actually I have reconsidered, I'll purchase the Ethereal Cloak from you at said, price, I am also interested in the Lullaby wand. I am assuming it is useable by clerics and mages, correct? How exactly does it work. Does it put an enemy to sleep when struck and also deduct their health? Would you be willing to part with both the cloak and the wand for 200 gold?"

"Monk Pretzel, unless you become a Sage later on you will not be able to use the Lullaby Wand (and even then you wouldn't be able to use it for physical attacks so it's special ability of putting the enemies you hit to sleep would be pointless for you), so I think it would be a waste of gold if you bought the wand. The cloak is yours though." Namyrra gives Monk Pretzel her Ethereal Cloak in return for 150 gold.

"I'm sorry mr Johon, but I'm afraid that offer isn't good enough. While I'd be more than willing to take that scroll of sealing off you I don't think the scroll plus 160 gold is anywhere near enough for a weapon that has cost me 260 gold to get up to it's current power and a cloak that would cost you 220 gold if you were to buy it in the marketplace."

"Monk Pretzel, unless you become a Sage later on you will not be able to use the Lullaby Wand (and even then you wouldn't be able to use it for physical attacks so it's special ability of putting the enemies you hit to sleep would be pointless for you), so I think it would be a waste of gold if you bought the wand. The cloak is yours though." Namyrra gives Monk Pretzel her Ethereal Cloak in return for 150 gold.

"Yep, it's wise not to accept that barbarian's offer. He wants to become some kind of Battle Mage or something. I told him it was ridiculous! The amount he wanted to give you for the two items was terrible as well. :hmpf: I hear he likes ripping other heroes off. Not exactly the fellow one wants to do business with." I say, as I hand the 150 gold over to Namyrra and accept the Ethereal Cloak, without looking her in the eyes. I still can't determind whether I like her or not.

"Yep, it's wise not to accept that barbarian's offer. He wants to become some kind of Battle Mage or something. I told him it was ridiculous! The amount he wanted to give you for the two items was terrible as well. :hmpf: I hear he likes ripping other heroes off. Not exactly the fellow one wants to do business with." I say, as I hand the 150 gold over to Namyrra and accept the Ethereal Cloak, without looking her in the eyes. I still can't determind whether I like her or not.

Johon rolls his eyes, but instead of getting aggravated, he throws his arm around the feeble man and shrugs.

"We all have our opinions. I know that you would know that."

At last, a quest to finally test my newly acquired skills!

Monk Pretzel, and Eric, is there anything I should pick up before we head off on this quest?

Maybe a couple of elemental bombs? (Just to be on the safe side)

After his spending spree Eric decided to return to the Hall. He was right on time it seemed, for the new party had been announced. Eric quickly scanned over the leaflet.

"Hmmm, Erdathcath," he thought. "Nice" he grinned as he thought back at their Quest together fighting the pirates. The Elf was one of the first to side with Eric when the decision arose of letting Jolly Roger go. She had also supported him during his violent interrogation of the female scientist. She had proven to be a worthy companion indeed.

The Nord sighed at the sight of the name "Pretzel". Seriously? Who names himself after food? The fact that he was a monk was no better, either. Probably one of those foolish Southerners preaching about his inferior god. Hopefully, the man wouldn't be running in the way too much.

Suddenly, the Raider was taken out of his pensive mood. He turned around and saw Erdathcath. She looked different than before. More ... wooden, more ... outlandish.

At last, a quest to finally test my newly acquired skills!

Monk Pretzel, and Eric, is there anything I should pick up before we head off on this quest?

Maybe a couple of elemental bombs? (Just to be on the safe side)

"No, I believe we'll do just fine. You can always buy more bombs if you want, but we're already pretty stocked on those now. Anyway, do you know this Pretzel guy?"

------------------------------

Current sign-ups for Quest #45

-
Nagure
(Costy)

-
Dreyrugr
(Vash the Stampede)

-
Raven Ashcroft
(Raven Brickcroft)

After his spending spree Eric decided to return to the Hall. He was right on time it seemed, for the new party had been announced. Eric quickly scanned over the leaflet.

"Hmmm, Erdathcath," he thought. "Nice" he grinned as he thought back at their Quest together fighting the pirates. The Elf was one of the first to side with Eric when the decision arose of letting Jolly Roger go. She had also supported him during his violent interrogation of the female scientist. She had proven to be a worthy companion indeed.

The Nord sighed at the sight of the name "Pretzel". Seriously? Who names himself after food? The fact that he was a monk was no better, either. Probably one of those foolish Southerners preaching about his inferior god. Hopefully, the man wouldn't be running in the way too much.

Suddenly, the Raider was taken out of his pensive mood. He turned around and saw Erdathcath. She looked different than before. More ... wooden, more ... outlandish.

"No, I believe we'll do just fine. You can always buy more bombs if you want, but we're already pretty stocked on those now. Anyway, do you know this Pretzel guy?"

I haven't heard much about him, though his name definitely sticks out due to it being the name of one of my favorite snacks.

And yes, I know I look rather odd, that happened when I learned the way of the cleric. Something that will most likely help us in this quest. No matter how simple it sounds.

L'Oreal Diablo signs up for Quest 45.

Durkon slips away from the Hall. He has decided to pursue the right to become a Archmage. He has left Heroica!

Thalion stood there, in a Hall, dazed as only a newcomer can be. All the different heroes, the loud talking, the drinking, all that was new to him. When suddenly, he noticed the quest board. Slowly, almost frightened, he walked up to it and started looking...

"Well, if I want to become Arcane Master, I have to start somewhere; and helping a lady in need seems to be a great first step!", he thought to himself. And so he decided!

Thalion signs up for Quest #44: My Best Friend.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#46 by Endgame)!~

Siercon remembers he forgot to sign up for quest 40 as well, or might have before his last quest... Carefully so as to not look like he has made a blunder he walks over to the quest board and leans up against it as if to just 'study' the names.... while in all actuality we was just making sure his name was on everything it could be, with quest 40 included.

Erik rose from his seat, and finished his drink. On his previous quest, in a rage, he had started a fight resulting in the death of a group of young sentient creatures.

He had given them no chance to come to a compromise, and felt that it had been a mistake; that he could have acheived the same result without bloodshed.

As he walked towards the library, he hoped that in future he would be able to help avoid unnescessary violence, rather than start it.

“Well that was a noticeable entrance” Zark thought to himself as he picked himself up from the entanglement of personnel’s. “Perhaps I should have taken that woman’s advice and steered clear of that enticing mead” he chuckled.

After apologizing for his clumsiness Zark proceeded to the quest board, eager to see what exciting adventures this supposedly infamous organization had to offer.

p8110054.jpg

Edited by Pharos712