Sign in to follow this  
TalonCard

Pirate Map!

As promised! Note the Ironram ship, never produced as a set. Pretty impressive, huh?

scan.jpg

That's pretty cool. I wish it had the location of every set though. That wouldn indeed make it much cooler.

That Ironram looks pretty cool. Too bad they never released it like you said. I wonder how big it'd be.

The IronMan Looks alot like the Clipper. Just an extra set of sails and masts.

Look at the cannon ports, though--it's got 16 on each side! The scale is much bigger.

TC

The Map sais it is called Ironram not Ironman....

Interestingly from this map label of Foul's 'Barracuda' and Roger's/RedBeard's 'Dark Shark' that both were made by lego (SES was also called the Dark Shark, and BSB speaks for itself) though with reversed colour schemes and all captained by Red Beard... Any insight MisterPhes?

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Somehow this makes me wish I had some pirate bricks.

16 visible gunports pr. side. What a MOC it would be.

Sorry, but I seem to have missed this somehow.

Where did this map come from and where can it be found or purchased (still, if at all)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

This map is inside the front cover of the Lady Bird Pirate LEGO book series. There are four of these books which were released in 1990.

This map is inside the front cover of the Lady Bird Pirate LEGO book series. There are four of these books which were released in 1990.

You still haven't touched my speculation Mr Phes...

God Bless,

Nathan

Interestingly from this map label of Foul's 'Barracuda' and Roger's/RedBeard's 'Dark Shark' that both were made by lego (SES was also called the Dark Shark, and BSB speaks for itself) though with reversed colour schemes and all captained by Red Beard... Any insight MisterPhes?

You're mistaken because the Skulls Eye Schooner was called "The Black Skull" in the UK and Australia, while it was the Black Seas Barracuda that was called the "Dark Shark". So the above picture is correct when it labels Captain Roger/Redbeard's ship as the Dark Shark.

You're mistaken because the Skulls Eye Schooner was called "The Black Skull" in the UK and Australia, while it was the Black Seas Barracuda that was called the "Dark Shark". So the above picture is correct when it labels Captain Roger/Redbeard's ship as the Dark Shark.

Yes, you're right (I must have been tired) but it interests me that most of the elements of the original comic made it into production. There was some influence behind the sets. Just to list:

Eldorado Fortress =itself

CC=Soldier ships

BSB=Dark Shark

SES=Foul's ship (whose torso was released the same year)

ITP= Port Royal

The pirate's village (can't remember the name)= take your pic of the various lairs

not to mention the characters...

God Bless,

Nathan

Yes, you're right (I must have been tired) but it interests me that most of the elements of the original comic made it into production. There was some influence behind the sets. Just to list:

Eldorado Fortress =itself

CC=Soldier ships

BSB=Dark Shark

SES=Foul's ship (whose torso was released the same year)

ITP= Port Royal

The pirate's village (can't remember the name)= take your pic of the various lairs

not to mention the characters...

God Bless,

Nathan

What torso?

What torso?

This torso being the only other to wear a captains hat (except in the final year of random parts) and similar to the comic (belt) seems very Foul like to me...

God Bless,

Nathan