Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

A couple pics. Flickr is changing their hosting policy soon, I'm not quite sure how everything is going to be effected. But I'll try and ensure everything still stays accessible. 

Free users can´t post more than 1000 photos. That´s the biggest most important change this time. 

Otherwise, those pictures are really nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Free users can´t post more than 1000 photos. That´s the biggest most important change this time. 

Otherwise, those pictures are really nice!

Yeah and apparently if you have over 1000 photos, they'll start deleting them come February starting with the oldest ones until you're below 1000. I just had to cull nearly 300 photos from my account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful, WBD! Feel like I'm getting lost in Heroica Hall. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 2:08 PM, Palathadric said:

Beautiful, WBD! Feel like I'm getting lost in Heroica Hall. :wub:

It's definitely been one of my favorite moc's to recreate. :classic:

45768872545_0e051c0dca_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

It's definitely been one of my favorite moc's to recreate. :classic:

45768872545_0e051c0dca_z.jpg

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, ha! Diana looking not too thrilled. :tongue: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 12:01 PM, Palathadric said:

Ha, ha! Diana looking not too thrilled. :tongue: 

She seems like the one in the relationship to be like "Really? Do we have to take a picture?"

6 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Missed the pics. Love the pics. 

If I had a Vindsval figure and my Luke character with me, I'd do a pic of them for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, Asphalt said:

Missed the pics. Love the pics. 

I've still got the build up, if you want any.:classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want me to mail you Vindscal for a photo shoot?  Then you could have some non digibashed shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*blows off the dust*

Here I return, months after the hubbub has died, to find out how it all ended. Looking back, I wish I had had the time and the energy to be there with you guys on the final length of our creation, but I'm so thoroughly proud you all made it to the end, either way! :grin:

Looking at Waterbrick's recreation of the Hall MOC (I disassembled mine a few years ago) and reading the farewell posts of the players who were here from the start, it literally brought a tear in my eye. :cry_happy: Again, I wish I had been there with you alongside my character Ellaria, and written about what happened to her during the finale and after that, but in life you have to make choices - you can't have everything.

I have a sense that my "second dark age" is coming to an end as I have a newly vigorated hunger to return to my beloved hobby, but let's see how things process. Maybe one day I'll be back with new ideas and games for us all to share. I at least hope so. 

But for now, I just wanted to express my gratitude for taking Heroica to the end. It deserved to end on a high note, not just die out. We did great, guys! :grin_wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I definitely went on one Hiatus too many and missed out on a lot  of the end half of this game, but I do want to chime in and say thank you for all the fun times and friends I made along the way. I lament that I never established myself as a QM as I originally intended, and never got to turn Sylph Solanum into the antagonist of a Quest series as was always planned. Ah well. I'm glad nonetheless to have played with you all! I have so many great memories and had such great fun! Extra thanks to @Kintobor, @Palathadric and @Endgame for being such fun playing partners, and of course, to @Sandy for hosting this wonderful experience. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs
Grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like the band is getting back together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, Sandy said:

*blows off the dust*

Here I return, months after the hubbub has died, to find out how it all ended. Looking back, I wish I had had the time and the energy to be there with you guys on the final length of our creation, but I'm so thoroughly proud you all made it to the end, either way! :grin:

Looking at Waterbrick's recreation of the Hall MOC (I disassembled mine a few years ago) and reading the farewell posts of the players who were here from the start, it literally brought a tear in my eye. :cry_happy: Again, I wish I had been there with you alongside my character Ellaria, and written about what happened to her during the finale and after that, but in life you have to make choices - you can't have everything.

I have a sense that my "second dark age" is coming to an end as I have a newly vigorated hunger to return to my beloved hobby, but let's see how things process. Maybe one day I'll be back with new ideas and games for us all to share. I at least hope so. 

But for now, I just wanted to express my gratitude for taking Heroica to the end. It deserved to end on a high note, not just die out. We did great, guys! :grin_wub:

On 4/4/2019 at 6:47 PM, Dannylonglegs said:

So I definitely went on one Hiatus too many and missed out on a lot  of the end half of this game, but I do want to chime in and say thank you for all the fun times and friends I made along the way. I lament that I never established myself as a QM as I originally intended, and never got to turn Sylph Solanum into the antagonist of a Quest series as was always planned. Ah well. I'm glad nonetheless to have played with you all! I have so many great memories and had such great fun! Extra thanks to @Kintobor, @Palathadric and @Endgame for being such fun playing partners, and of course, to @Sandy for hosting this wonderful experience. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks to you both. You were there in spirit as the game wouldn't have been the same without either or you or any other player. It was a mosaic that each and every player placed their special part into. Who knows what we'll see in another year or two once the building itch starts striking some people. I've got another 2 weeks before baby number two arrives and I can say the break from daily posts has been refreshing. I've been introducing my 2 year old to Duplo and she's already loving it, I look forward to sharing the RPG side of it with her one day and hopefully the Eurobricks community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I feel like we should do some sort of check in, to see who is still around. :shrug_confused: 

I'm here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been checking in, on and off for the past few months. I’ve had this immense feeling of nostalgia, lately, and I’ve been reading some quests.

I don’t know how I feel about helping mechanically with whatever comes next, but if people are struggling with a setting, I can write up a pitch and see how it’s received. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I’ve been checking in, on and off for the past few months. I’ve had this immense feeling of nostalgia, lately, and I’ve been reading some quests.

I don’t know how I feel about helping mechanically with whatever comes next, but if people are struggling with a setting, I can write up a pitch and see how it’s received. :classic:

Yes please!:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 6:19 AM, Kintobor said:

I’ve been checking in, on and off for the past few months. I’ve had this immense feeling of nostalgia, lately, and I’ve been reading some quests.

I don’t know how I feel about helping mechanically with whatever comes next, but if people are struggling with a setting, I can write up a pitch and see how it’s received. :classic:

I am also ready to help even if I was just a lurker here, and never jumped in (mostly because of lacking time) but I am ready to start in a fresh new game.

I can help to create the new rules too; I have good experience in RPG tha could be use for help. I am on something between dicey dungeon (video game) and Time Stories (board game) to have some good mechanics and a back story that could make it nice, without beeing to complicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so eager to write something that I failed to ask: what do we want in Heroica 2 in terms of the genre? A new fantasy setting? A new Sci-fi setting? :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I was so eager to write something that I failed to ask: what do we want in Heroica 2 in terms of the genre? A new fantasy setting? A new Sci-fi setting? :classic:

Personally I think sci-fantasy is the way to go. It opens up a lot more options for people to play characters they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you guys like science fantasy, because my pitch is going to be science fantasy, akin to Star Wars, Warhammer 40,000, and Guardians of the Galaxy. :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.