Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Hi folks, baby girl born a couple of hours ago, safe and sound. Quest updates tomorrow.

Welcome to the cries at Daddy Daughter Movies Club.

8 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Welcome to the cries at Daddy Daughter Movies Club.

I'm sure WBD knows all about that already. :wink:

On 2017-04-26 at 7:20 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Hi folks, baby girl born a couple of hours ago, safe and sound. Quest updates tomorrow.

Congratulations!

On 4/26/2017 at 0:20 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Hooray! Congratulations and God bless your family!

On 4/10/2017 at 2:39 PM, Zepher said:

I'd love to take Boomingham out on a quest some time. :blush:

I still have a few quests in the pipeline, but my apartment is still without internet (god bless coffee shops) and my bricks are at home. They will happen soon though!

Realistically we are going to need some other people to host quests eventually though. :blush:

Flipz and I (and Endgame too I think?) had a couple quests we were planning together, but he's since dropped off and I've been busy with school. I also simply haven't had the same passion for the game in the last while, since why I stopped hanging around as well. :sceptic:

If anyone's interested in co-hosting I could send them the pitch. I think I have all the details and pictures and everything, it just needs to be actually run. It'd be missing the part that Flipz would have helped with, but other than that it's a mostly complete quest.

14 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Flipz and I (and Endgame too I think?) had a couple quests we were planning together, but he's since dropped off and I've been busy with school. I also simply haven't had the same passion for the game in the last while, since why I stopped hanging around as well. :sceptic:

If anyone's interested in co-hosting I could send them the pitch. I think I have all the details and pictures and everything, it just needs to be actually run. It'd be missing the part that Flipz would have helped with, but other than that it's a mostly complete quest.

message away.

Who am I supposed to message for quest proposals? Once school is out in the next two weeks I'll have time to finish up planning the last part of the Tridentia arc.

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Who am I supposed to message for quest proposals? Once school is out in the next two weeks I'll have time to finish up planning the last part of the Tridentia arc.

I think it is @Waterbrick Down @JimBee & @Zepher. If it just one or all Three I am not to sure. 

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Feel free to message Zepher or myself and we'll discuss it among the rest of us.

Just for clarification, what exactly does this mean:

causes their loot rolls to be rolled twice

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Is anyone able to Edit the Hero Stats Thread so that the links work again?

I just tried my hand at it, it looks like it's going to be a manual process for each hero, not sure when Zepher or myself will be able to get to it.

11 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The creature before them shifts from its were-turtle appearance to that of a gray cat-like demon. The monster deflects Augusta and Hoke's strikes into their fellow party members.

The Enemy:
34066252395_3beffbb6b6_t.jpg
Giorgione the Rakshasa 
Type: Demon

Uh oh, somebody's messing with the wrong crowd if Rakshasa are involved. Don't mess with Rakshasa. Just don't. No! Don't do it! They'll mess you up and then gloat with their reverse palmed hands! 

:poke:

Seriously though, if you can't come up with good monsters, steal away from everything and everywhere. Rummage through Heroica quests and pick and choose at your leisure. There's a goldmine of battle ideas and monster concepts waiting to be reused or tweaked. The D&D and Pathfinder Monster Manuals are a gold mine of awesome monsters and creatures as well. Rust Monsters, Land Sharks, Behirs- I'd love to see a party fight a Behir! That'd be awesome!

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Seriously though, if you can't come up with good monsters, steal away from everything and everywhere. Rummage through Heroica quests and pick and choose at your leisure. There's a goldmine of battle ideas and monster concepts waiting to be reused or tweaked. The D&D and Pathfinder Monster Manuals are a gold mine of awesome monsters and creatures as well. Rust Monsters, Land Sharks, Behirs- I'd love to see a party fight a Behir! That'd be awesome!

Yez, but at the same time can you make them in LEGO? That is a question one should ask before just putting in the game. 

For example, in a game called "Minute Frontier" there is a monster called "Potion Slime" (you could guess what it looks like). Now how would you make it in LEGO. The only idea I could think of is get a Mixel eyeball peice and put it on a Potion bottle peice. 

Edit - I double checked the name of the monster is called "Drink Slime" not "Potion Slime". 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Yez, but at the same time can you make them in LEGO? That is a question one should ask before just putting in the game. 

For example, in a game called "Minute Frontier" there is a monster called "Potion Slime" (you could guess what it looks like). Now how would you make it in LEGO. The only idea I could think of is get a Mixel eyeball peice and put it on a Potion bottle peice. 

Edit - I double checked the name of the monster is called "Drink Slime" not "Potion Slime". 

Make a blob shape using slope pieces and SNOT in a colourful palette, probably a few different shades of whatever colour your choose. Green or blue would look good. Put eyeballs on it using SNOT, and viola, a slime! If you can build it out of bricks, it can be in the game. It doesn't have to be to scale with mini figures in the icons. :wink:

Hi guys, anyone remember me?  :classic: Haven't been around for a couple years. Considering getting back into it. Private message me anyone here who could give me a summary of how much (I'm sure a ton) I've missed, than that wold be cool :laugh: