Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

That's one of the things I'm starting to fear. I'm re-using a LOT of stuff, not out of laziness, but because I think it'd be cool to link all this stuff together. Luckily my Quests aren't just a single linked plot like the Wren Quests or the Progg Quests, but nevertheless I really hope I'm not alienating anyone by now knowing certain NPCs or locations.

I like actually how you work in npc's but have a distinct plot every time. That makes it so that both going on continuous quests of yours is rewarding by meeting npcs you know, and that starting one of your quests for the first time, there is no disadvantage.

A lot of my quests (post-Wren) can be understood without having any background knowledge. They're probably just more FUN if you read up a little bit, but it's in no way a requirement.

Just a suggestion, when you make the quest about Ulric becoming king (if that ever happens) the title could be "All Hail the King"

Don't you mean "All Howl the King"? :tongue:

Progg storyline technically ended with 48. I consider 81 and any dealing with The Regret as part of the Lifespark quadrilogy.

It's not like most quests are labelled "Human Quests", are they? :tongue:

I like actually how you work in npc's but have a distinct plot every time. That makes it so that both going on continuous quests of yours is rewarding by meeting npcs you know, and that starting one of your quests for the first time, there is no disadvantage.

Yes, CMP's quests have been very good for that. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the Grogmas event wrapping up, as well as Quest 100. I doubt 98 will be back in time, but it will be interesting to see it from the sidelines too. :thumbup:

Yes, I now remember why I didn't want myself to get tempted onto another CMP quest right now. I somehow forgot that quest 98 was so close to 100. :laugh:

Although, the Baron's hat is too awesome to have missed. :grin:

Edited by Palathadric

I'm a bit slow today--do you mean that you use the Remedy on him, or give him one for him to use? I'm assuming the former, but yeah, very drained today so I want to make sure.

Thormanil repeats. With Shishkebab, just to be sure. Hasn't come up in the damage calcs, yet.

You are correct, I meant for Haldor to use a remedy on Thormanil.

So, seeing how long it's taking Docken, Cinna, and Johon to win their fight I'm thinking perhaps it's good that Em and Pretzel didn't join them in the fields. :tongue; It would've just been that many more enemies.

Sword of the Warrior of Light (WP: 14, Light Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword)

Very cool item. I'd really like to see a more offense-based Paladin with this item, considering in normal cases they only have a 1/3 chance to deal any damage.

On that note I'd also like to see someone go Warden with a more offense-based style of play, like Osmytr. We've never had a Knight go Warden, which is interesting because all of the Rangers who go Warden do it for the defense boost and Rangers are an offensive class (glass cannon). And unlike most Knight classes, Wardens have 1/2 chance of dealing damage. So if a Warden already had decent SP and invested gold into WP instead, they could be devastating from the back row all while being able to heal themselves with Aura.

So, seeing how long it's taking Docken, Cinna, and Johon to win their fight I'm thinking perhaps it's good that Em and Pretzel didn't join them in the fields. :tongue; It would've just been that many more enemies.

They'll get faster as Namyrra gains undead, I imagine. And this battle would be half as long if they didn't choose the Death challenge. :wink:

They'll get faster as Namyrra gains undead, I imagine. And this battle would be half as long if they didn't choose the Death challenge. :wink:

Ah, good point. Forgot about the swarms of undead to come.

Very cool item. I'd really like to see a more offense-based Paladin with this item, considering in normal cases they only have a 1/3 chance to deal any damage.

On that note I'd also like to see someone go Warden with a more offense-based style of play, like Osmytr. We've never had a Knight go Warden, which is interesting because all of the Rangers who go Warden do it for the defense boost and Rangers are an offensive class (glass cannon). And unlike most Knight classes, Wardens have 1/2 chance of dealing damage. So if a Warden already had decent SP and invested gold into WP instead, they could be devastating from the back row all while being able to heal themselves with Aura.

While I'm not really a Warden, you'll be seeing something of a similar playstyle from me in Skirmisher (a little bit) and in Dragoon (a lot). :wink:

:dwacko:

:facepalm:

I always get Cinna and Namyrra confused and I don't know why. :blush:

Indeed. Right now things are moving very slowly because we can only hit three enemies each turn since we have no AoE attacks, so every undead we can get will help a lot more than they usually would. So now I'm crossing my fingers for a shield in the next round. :wink:

With the prospector's slightly backhanded blessing, the trio of heroes enters the mine, undaunted by the tirlas that would soon befall them...

"Undaunted by the tiaras that would soon befall them". That's how I read it, at least. :sweet:

Why can't I type anymore?! :wacko:

EDIT: I even made a typo here. :wall: Either my keyboard is lagging horribly, or my coordination took a hit after I got sick during 81. (Most of my illness during that quest was coordination problems.)

Edited by Endgame

Got it a full 120 seconds before you, Duvors - victory is mine. :tongue:

Got it a full 120 seconds before you, Duvors - victory is mine. :tongue:

.... my coordination took a hit after a got sick during 81.

Or not. :laugh:

I'll never win until I host you people and unleash a boss monster on you, will I? :tongue:

(But seriously, though, apologies for excessive typos.)

Firefox. Been using it since my second quest or so and haven't had a bad thing to say about it.

Edited by Endgame