Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

17 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Out of curiosity, WBD, do you intend on posting all the PM Side-Quests?

I do, there's a lot of them, so it'll take a bit of time. :laugh: I'd also encourage folks to read through the other 2 parts of the quest. All 3 threads had some great moments and I'd hate for them to go unnoticed.

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I don’t mind editing the post. Feel free to send me headshots if you want them included.:classic:

I was just curious, did everyone write their own epilogue(s)? 

And for some reason I thought their would be more epilogue(s) in general. 

19 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I just posted Karie's. :classic:

I'm still not fully over it, knowing that I've put the end of Karie's story forward. I'm happy to have seen it through to the end, but after playing her for nearly six years I'm feeling a little bittersweet to see her go off into the sunset to have her happy ending. :cry_happy:

14 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I wrote my own.

19 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

I didn't even think about illustrating my epilogue with Lego & mini-figs!  What's wrong with me? :laugh:

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I don’t mind editing the post. Feel free to send me headshots if you want them included.:classic:

Now that I am thinking about it, the intention was for it to be unrecognizable at first, like there should be an "Ah ha!, that's Hoke," moment mixed with a "Well, who are these other people."  I may still be able to do that with minifigs, hopefully soon.

And yes @Zepher, I stole Vipera. :wink:

Edited by UsernameMDM

On 11/15/2018 at 4:27 PM, samurai-turtle said:

I had a plan for ours(Salmanda crew), but it's run into snags.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:53 PM, Kintobor said:

I'm still not fully over it, knowing that I've put the end of Karie's story forward. I'm happy to have seen it through to the end, but after playing her for nearly six years I'm feeling a little bittersweet to see her go off into the sunset to have her happy ending. :cry_happy:

:cry_happy::cry_sad: No chance of seeing her again in a Mafia game, then? (You hinted a while back that you were considering a Heroica Mafia...)

17 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

That epilogue warmed my heart.

Same.

Just now, Lind Whisperer said:

:cry_happy::cry_sad: No chance of seeing her again in a Mafia game, then? (You hinted a while back that you were considering a Heroica Mafia...)

I have no interest in running a Heroica Mafia. In terms of Karie making cameo appearances... that's another story. :wink:

I intend to have Karie show up in the hall thread in a bit if anyone wants to finish up any business with her. 

Side quest PM's should now all be up. Someone let me know if I'm forgetting anything. Also if anyone was wanting pictures in the Hall let me know. :classic:

Really enjoyed all the epilogues! It's good to see these characters have some sort of ending. Dyric's I thought was very nice in particular - buying an apartment is a wonderful ending as well as a beginning, while not being too big! :thumbup: I know I got quiet there at the end but I had to let Boomingham have some sort of conclusion.

Thanks all for the game! I'll be sticking around to see what we do next for sure, and still want to post my quest ideas (it's just gonna take me forever to write out...). WBD, Sandy, and the many people I quested with and who quested under me, it's been a genuine pleasure!

On 11/16/2018 at 9:41 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

I had a plan for ours(Salmanda crew), but it's run into snags.

Well I hope everything gets iron out. I for one would like to read it. 

And that's Arthur done!  I thought about doing something bigger, something implying his future adventures, but ultimately I've moved away from the Arthur phase of my life, so it felt far more fitting to leave him a more quiet conclusion.

I think WBD made a far better epilogue for Diana than even I could have in the Hall scene, so I won't be expanding on that, but those who enjoyed her character would probably enjoy my current work with the (partially autobiographical) character Amelia Zann in the Rise of the Rockets universe.  I have one of her side-stories on my Archive of Our Own page, while RotR proper can be found through its TV Tropes page (which reminds me I should probably add my characters to that) or its official wiki.

I'm glad WBD invited me back for the finale, it was great getting to see everyone again one last time.  Thanks for sticking with me for all these years; it's been great playing with everyone, and while I don't think I'll be coming back to Eurobricks after this, I don't think I'll ever forget my time here either.  Thanks for everything! :sweet:

--FlipzMCL

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

I think WBD made a far better epilogue for Diana than even I could have in the Hall scene, so I won't be expanding on that, but those who enjoyed her character would probably enjoy my current work with the (partially autobiographical) character Amelia Zann in the Rise of the Rockets universe.  I have one of her side-stories on my Archive of Our Own page, while RotR proper can be found through its TV Tropes page (which reminds me I should probably add my characters to that) or its official wiki.

Same for Kiray, I couldn't add on/finish what WBD has done. Well, for everything everyone has added to this game, thank you.

As for the Heroica 2.0 everyone has talked about, while I feel everyone needs a bit of a break, I do want to say I think a major improvement from Heroica to Heroica 2.0 needs to be builds; I'm not meaning QM builds. I want everyone, from PCs to NPCs/QMs to build stuff, almost similar to the BoBS/Historica/War one in Specials. But that is another conversation for awhile from now.

On Heroica 2.0, I'd be interested, but not for some time. Maybe I'd even go back to Duplovia and find a new way to wrap up that arc, now that my original ideas are in the QM thread for all to see. But before then, I'd need to take some time and finish up my studies and all. 

I would support another fantasy-themed LEGO RPG happening, but I feel like we'd need a fresh universe and heavily tweaked mechanics. Not to say we couldn't transplant some old locales, of course. Time is convoluted in Lordran Drangleic Lothric Eubric. :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Endgame said:

I would support another fantasy-themed LEGO RPG happening, but I feel like we'd need a fresh universe and heavily tweaked mechanics. Not to say we couldn't transplant some old locales, of course. Time is convoluted in Lordran Drangleic Lothric Eubric. :tongue:

I'd love to try a sci-fi setting if possible, or maybe more with the option of sci-fantasy.

32094591958_e4c798eafd_z.jpg

Added to 159's wrap up post.

Regarding Heroica 2.0, my plan is to start a separate discussion thread as soon as I hear back from Dragonator about how much liberty we have in designing the next game. My first thought is to try something different theme wise to potentially attract new players in addition to revamped mechanics, but I'll leave that for the thread.

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Added to 159's wrap up post.

Regarding Heroica 2.0, my plan is to start a separate discussion thread as soon as I hear back from Dragonator about how much liberty we have in designing the next game. My first thought is to try something different theme wise to potentially attract new players in addition to revamped mechanics, but I'll leave that for the thread.

Sounds good! There is a lot to discuss both considering rules and other things. I'm personally hesitant towards the idea that the players should build a lot themselves, it risks taking the focus from the textbased roleplaying I personally love very much.

4 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Sounds good! There is a lot to discuss both considering rules and other things. I'm personally hesitant towards the idea that the players should build a lot themselves, it risks taking the focus from the textbased roleplaying I personally love very much.

I think there's a healthy balance that can be made. I mean, this is a LEGO fan site, so why not have everyone try to build more. For example, Slice of life builds, like what to the PCs do when they're not questing or in the Hall, etc.

40 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I think there's a healthy balance that can be made. I mean, this is a LEGO fan site, so why not have everyone try to build more. For example, Slice of life builds, like what to the PCs do when they're not questing or in the Hall, etc.

That's more interesting! Good to discuss anyhow!

That took about four hours to post, I'll have my thoughts on 159 and Heroica up after Thanksgiving. :blush:

9 hours ago, CMP said:

That took about four hours to post, I'll have my thoughts on 159 and Heroica up after Thanksgiving. :blush:

Beautiful! :cry_happy: Just beautiful.

I was already amazed by the other Hero's endings, but this one just has everything. :sweet: 

9 hours ago, CMP said:

Just now, Palathadric said:

I was already amazed by the other Hero's endings, but this one just has everything. :sweet: 

I agree! I liked the idea of all of the Heroes popping up on the globe showing where they are, be it on quests or just living their lives.

Something I just found, has anyone tried "Role Gate"? It looks like a D&D chat like game site. It does seems like a good alternative for D&D gameing but I would like to hear some opinions on the site. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

I agree! I liked the idea of all of the Heroes popping up on the globe showing where they are, be it on quests or just living their lives.

Thanks a lot. Haven't busted out my bricks in months. Only seemed appropriate to do so for one last scene. I've had that hypothetical Veteran title in my brain since Quest 68. :laugh: Really wanted to set something in the future, but tried to leave things as vague as possible, too. Points to anyone who knows who that grave is for without reading the inscription. :tongue: