Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

It's probably (certainly) very stupid of me to jump through the portal with the book but eh. Torald wasn't smart so it made sense. 

22 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

We will name him Gabriel!

That's awesome, dude! :sweet: :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Alfadas said:

It's probably (certainly) very stupid of me to jump through the portal with the book but eh. Torald wasn't smart so it made sense. 

:shrug_oh_well: Honestly, I thought it was pretty heroic. And probably one of the best endings we'll see/have seen for a Heroica character. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

That's awesome, dude! :sweet: :thumbup:

:shrug_oh_well: Honestly, I thought it was pretty heroic. And probably one of the best endings we'll see/have seen for a Heroica character. :thumbup:

It beats the "He left the hall on a windy day..."-ending characters usually get. :laugh:

On 10/25/2018 at 12:23 PM, Alfadas said:

It almost similar to Avengers when Tony/Ironman guided the nuke to the alien spaceship through the Wormhole. 

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

It beats the "He left the hall on a windy day..."-ending characters usually get. :laugh:

What is wrong with that? I think most of those persons thought they would be back at some point. 

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

It almost similar to Avengers when Tony/Ironman guided the nuke to the alien spaceship through the Wormhole. 

What is wrong with that? I think most of those persons thought they would be back at some point. 

Nothing wrong but it's sad when they don't come back.

I just asked @Capt.JohnPaul if we would have Alexandre and Leuifwein make a return to confuse everyone onmce again on how similar they look.

Why yes, Diana is a hopeless lesbian disaster, how ever did you guess? :laugh:

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

Throughout the conversations around him, Matthias simply listens... but when Hoke mentions leaving, the gnome finds it's the best idea he's heard. Too many politicians, he decides, and he slips out the door, heading vaguely towards Ziegfried Manor.

Plot twist, one of the Ziegfried's shows up, refusing to allow Matthias out of the Hall. Everyone gears up for the final final boss fight. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Plot twist, one of the Ziegfried's shows up, refusing to allow Matthias out of the Hall. Everyone gears up for the final final boss fight. :laugh:

Plot twist to the plot twist, the true final boss fight is that political minigame fight thing from Pie's follow-up Quest in Baltarok. :tongue:

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

Plot twist to the plot twist, the true final boss fight is that political minigame fight thing from Pie's follow-up Quest in Baltarok. :tongue:

Nobody is that cruel.

EDIT: Just spent about an hour looking through that quest. Interesting how hindsight works, it was a railroad-y, dialog-overloaded quest and it no longer surprises me how it managed to finish off any enthusiasm I had for Heroica at the time. :laugh: I was not in a great place at the time. But the part that gets me now is how damn close to the end we were. :blush:

My most stressful point was this understatement of the century:

On 7/30/2016 at 2:00 PM, CMP said:

Sorry about the delay. I had to transfer all my files (including the necessary picture) to my new PC. Naturally there were casualties. The Word document for this quest no longer exists. :laugh: But we're getting ever closer to the end now and things should be relatively straightforward to the end. :thumbup:

The quest didn't exist!!! For like a month! :laugh: We were halfway through the quest and literally everything I had written was gone. Managed to recover it later but a decent chunk of the quest was me just trying to remember justification for characters' actions. It was already convoluted as hell, then I lost the whole friggin' document explaining to myself why. :blush:

Edited by CMP

I remember that quest relatively fondly, save for the relatively massive delays. I think I hold the record for the most cancelled quests my character went on. 4? Can anyone top that?

Anyway now that we're wrapping up I guess I should finally write about my hypothetical final quest. I keep meaning to do it. Soon there won't be anyone around to read it. At the end of the day the issue was that it was too railroady as well, much more so than that Baltarok quest. I simply had too many NPCs, and I wanted to give them all a story. I'll try to get around to posting that tomorrow.

This final quest has reinforced that a) Heroica was very fun, b) the battles grew indecipherable to me, c) I don't have as much time as I wish I had, d) quests were right to be limited to only a few players.

24 minutes ago, Zepher said:

I remember that quest relatively fondly, save for the relatively massive delays. I think I hold the record for the most cancelled quests my character went on. 4? Can anyone top that?

Anyway now that we're wrapping up I guess I should finally write about my hypothetical final quest. I keep meaning to do it. Soon there won't be anyone around to read it. At the end of the day the issue was that it was too railroady as well, much more so than that Baltarok quest. I simply had too many NPCs, and I wanted to give them all a story. I'll try to get around to posting that tomorrow.

This final quest has reinforced that a) Heroica was very fun, b) the battles grew indecipherable to me, c) I don't have as much time as I wish I had, d) quests were right to be limited to only a few players.

Yay! I'm excited, yours was definitely one of the quests I was looking forward to the most. It'll be a pleasure to hear how you intended to tie all the ends together.

As for this quest, I concur. I'll have more comprehensive thoughts as we draw closer to an end, but yeah. This quest definitely feels like Heroica personified, in ways good and ill. A fitting and fun finale, in any case. 

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

M apologies folks, I should have the next update coming in 24hrs. I've been a little busy. :blush:

Every time I think we've seen the last surprise, you keep on delivering. :thumbup: Incredible work.

Before it's disassembled, any chance we could get pictures of our characters standing around, like Sandy used to do?

I apologize that Boomingham's a real @ss, even to the folks he holds dear.

Dear lord that's accurate. I just went and compared it with Sandy's in the first post of the Hall thread. The bricks where there's the "bricks" in it already makes me think of an HD texture pack for a game or something.

And I agree with Lind, a picture of characters standing around, like a class photo :laugh:, would be awesome.

34 minutes ago, Zepher said:

I apologize that Boomingham's a real @ss, even to the folks he holds dear.

Karie might be getting a little salty as well. No hard feelings towards anyone! 

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

M apologies folks, I should have the next update coming in 24hrs. I've been a little busy. :blush:

Yep, that I can see.

21 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Hehehehehehehehe

21 hours ago, Flipz said:

21 hours ago, CMP said:

Nobody is that cruel.

:pir-murder:

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

44699185595_25948a3ca9_c.jpg

:pir-wub:

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie might be getting a little salty as well. No hard feelings towards anyone! 

That's why Matthias buggered out... he just couldn't take the bickering any more.

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

The bricks where there's the "bricks" in it already makes me think of an HD texture pack for a game or something.

Holy cow, I didn't even notice that... :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Every time I think we've seen the last surprise, you keep on delivering. :thumbup: Incredible work.

Before it's disassembled, any chance we could get pictures of our characters standing around, like Sandy used to do?

That's the intention of the model, though I need to wait on a Bricklink order to make some of your characters more accurately.

7 hours ago, KotZ said:

Dear lord that's accurate. I just went and compared it with Sandy's in the first post of the Hall thread. The bricks where there's the "bricks" in it already makes me think of an HD texture pack for a game or something.

And I agree with Lind, a picture of characters standing around, like a class photo :laugh:, would be awesome.

It's about as close as I could get without photoshopping anything. A few color palate changes and piece variation, but it'll hopefully serve as a stand-in for Sandy's masterpiece.:wub:

I love the way Skrall still has that Tricorne balancing on his head after so long. :grin: