Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

14 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Was the forum not working for anyone else last night?

Last night? No. All day? Yes. Every time it tried to get to Eurobricks my computer told me I wasn't connected to the internet, even though I was. I eventually solved the problem by switching to a different network and then switching back but it was annoying while it lasted.

Thanks for your patience folks, first round will be up in about 5hrs. With over 15 players, rounds take a good 1hr or so to run. Just getting the battle started was a 2hr post. :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Thanks for your patience folks, first round will be up in about 5hrs. With over 15 players, rounds take a good 1hr or so to run. Just getting the battle started was a 2hr post. :laugh:

At least this one doesn't also have NPCs to worry about. :laugh:

6 hours ago, CMP said:

At least this one doesn't also have NPCs to worry about. :laugh:

Oh don't worry they'll start arriving soon enough. :wink: So since the Party's going to be splitting up coming up here, can I trust you folks to not be reading the other quest threads you're not part of?

6 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

So since the Party's going to be splitting up coming up here, can I trust you folks to not be reading the other quest threads you're not part of?

Now that's asking too much! You can take away our Nornalis, you can take away the houses, but you'll never take our FREEDOM to read other quests and pretend to RP and not be affected by OOC knowledge :grin:

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Amazing work on your part, this will be an epic finale.

This would actually deserve a notice on the front page (and a commemorative oil painting). :sweet:

Edited by MysticModulus

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Oh don't worry they'll start arriving soon enough. :wink: So since the Party's going to be splitting up coming up here, can I trust you folks to not be reading the other quest threads you're not part of?

Only if I have to. :cry_sad::wink:

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

*Gag* *choke* "...no-o-o-o-o-o-o"

Well, if you insist... :grin:

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

We can definitely do that without any difficulties... hopefully.

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I can most certainly make an attempt, since you asked. :grin:

On 1/11/2018 at 6:41 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

If you insist, I won't read the others.

Now I really wish Docken were around to shamelessly impart the knowledge of other threads to us, all the while coolly strutting about with a pitch over his all-seeing eye. :laugh: 

Would my: Dice Bag of Fortune (tool; when used on an enemy, causes their loot rolls to be rolled twice) produce worthwhile results if I use it on these enemies?

On 1/11/2018 at 12:41 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

I get the feeling no one is going to Grant you that wish. :grin:

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Would my: Dice Bag of Fortune (tool; when used on an enemy, causes their loot rolls to be rolled twice) produce worthwhile results if I use it on these enemies?

You could try, it but I don't think it is going make a bit of difference. Is sounds like it is for random loot drops, that item was designed for and this Battle the loot is guaranteed. 

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

As samuraiturtle mentioned, it unfortunately is suitable for only enemies that drop random loot.

Would it be possible to change class in the training room and join the final quest or is it too late? :classic:  I should have checked up sooner...

9 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

Would it be possible to change class in the training room and join the final quest or is it too late? :classic:  I should have checked up sooner...

Just sent you a PM.

I suppose, like in a normal battle, we can't just leave whenever we choose to, but have to use a Smoke Bomb, right?

If that's the case, can we get a vote on who wants to do what. In character, both Pretzel and Petaldan would prefer to just use a Smoke Bomb and leave, but I don't mind staying and fighting it out either, since we've basically beat them.

Should we use a Smoke Bomb or Fight It Out?

34 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

I suppose, like in a normal battle, we can't just leave whenever we choose to, but have to use a Smoke Bomb, right?

If that's the case, can we get a vote on who wants to do what. In character, both Pretzel and Petaldan would prefer to just use a Smoke Bomb and leave, but I don't mind staying and fighting it out either, since we've basically beat them.

If we beaten them why are we going to run? 

17 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I mean, ultimately it's up to you, Pala. You're party leader. :classic:

Yeah right "smoke bomb queen". :hmpf: 

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

Why would a Smoke Bomb be used?

EDIT: Sorry, but I don't agree a few players should be able to hijack the battle for their role playing purposes.  This should definitely be put to a vote before it's done.

Edited by UsernameMDM

If everyone who can attack would the battle could be over this round.  There is literally no reason there should have been any free attacks in this battle.

Edited by Asphalt

Rules as written, if someone uses a smoke bomb the whole party will leave the battle and there of course will be consequences, you'll save lives, but you obviously won't be able to stay at the Lady's Luck.

There are other ways for some members to flee the battle due to job traits though.