Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

So I'm beginning to wonder if Heroica should become a club of people who talk about doing good things, instead of actually doing them. Seems much more enjoyable! :wink::grin:

14 hours ago, Zepher said:

Hopefully I'll be around for the final quest, WBD! And I am busy, but wouldn't at all be opposed to maybe rounding up some folks for a Roll20 game if anyone is so inclined.

That would be pretty cool.

36 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

So I'm beginning to wonder if Heroica should become a club of people who talk about doing good things, instead of actually doing them. Seems much more enjoyable! :wink::grin:

I think Heroes have done so many violent things like killing guards who just happen to be working for a bad guy that talking about doing good is how we cope.:laugh:

23 hours ago, Zepher said:

Good to see old faces @JimBee @CMP and @Khorne coming out of the woodwork! I still pop my head in every day just to see what everyone is talking about. I guess I should eventually reveal what my finale quest was going to be - it was labor intensive and I moved away from my Lego, and most everyone who had a stake in it had already disappeared from the game so there didn't seem much sense in hosting it. That being said, I still want to explain it one day, and often still think back to all the fun role playing I did with some of the good ol' gang - all great characters and players I'm sure I won't forget even once we reach a conclusion here.

Should throw up a Heroica: Declassified topic once this is all said and done. :laugh: There are a lot of ideas I still have written down somewhere that I've yet to unpack. 

Edited by CMP

On 11/15/2017 at 12:38 AM, Kintobor said:

Pretty sure Flipz came out as trans a few weeks back, at least on the site. :wink:

That's correct, my pronouns are now she/her. :thumbup:

On 11/20/2017 at 11:59 AM, UsernameMDM said:

So I need to get Hoke into the Fields of Glory before the final quest.  Anyone want to see what a Paragon can do as a one-man-wrecking-crew? :laugh:

Just a few fights away from Level 60.  Then, maybe a class change is in order.  :dhappy:

I never did manage to run Arthur through the Fields, did I?  Shame, I always did want to see just how insanely broken Arthur's build could be in an a flat combat environment (i.e. without the QM having to add in special mechanics just to deal with the insanity). :tongue:  Various circumstances (namely availability) make that impossible now, but hey, maybe one day I'll run the numbers out of curiosity to see just how much Arthur would break the Fields. xD

On 11/21/2017 at 5:33 PM, Zepher said:

Good to see old faces @JimBee @CMP and @Khorne coming out of the woodwork! I still pop my head in every day just to see what everyone is talking about. I guess I should eventually reveal what my finale quest was going to be - it was labor intensive and I moved away from my Lego, and most everyone who had a stake in it had already disappeared from the game so there didn't seem much sense in hosting it. That being said, I still want to explain it one day, and often still think back to all the fun role playing I did with some of the good ol' gang - all great characters and players I'm sure I won't forget even once we reach a conclusion here.

Hopefully I'll be around for the final quest, WBD! And I am busy, but wouldn't at all be opposed to maybe rounding up some folks for a Roll20 game if anyone is so inclined.

Can't believe I hosted that many quests, @Palathadric. Woof.

4 hours ago, CMP said:

Should throw up a Heroica: Declassified topic once this is all said and done. :laugh: There are a lot of ideas I still have written down somewhere that I've yet to unpack. 

I'll happily throw in my planning files, they're still floating around on my PC and I could probably scrounge up anything I've forgotten from PMs.

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

I'll happily throw in my planning files, they're still floating around on my PC and I could probably scrounge up anything I've forgotten from PMs.

Please do. I'm really curious to see how things would end regarding arcs.

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for so long, turns out joining a long mafia game immediately after finishing a quest is a poor way to unwind. Anyway, I'm back now, though a little late it seems as the game is ending soon. It is slightly disappointing, especially as I had hoped to participate in the finale of the Eubric Cemetery arc before it happened. Still I understand and accept the reasoning behind this.

Now there are a couple of questions I would like to ask about this last quest, one, will we have an opportunity to exchange Decamon cards for gold and items as was the case in the Decamon Tournament? And secondly, Will there be any opportunity to change a weapon's type/combine weapons during this quest?

39 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

It is slightly disappointing, especially as I had hoped to participate in the finale of the Eubric Cemetery arc before it happened. Still I understand and accept the reasoning behind this.

Speaking of, if anyone wants, I'm willing to wrap up the Cemetery arc as nicely as I can if anyone wants to see Amber Makepeace one last time. I've got an idea in the back of my head as to how I can at least leave it with some sort of resolution.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Speaking of, if anyone wants, I'm willing to wrap up the Cemetery arc as nicely as I can if anyone wants to see Amber Makepeace one last time. I've got an idea in the back of my head as to how I can at least leave it with some sort of resolution.

I certainly would like to do that, thank you.

6 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for so long, turns out joining a long mafia game immediately after finishing a quest is a poor way to unwind. Anyway, I'm back now, though a little late it seems as the game is ending soon. It is slightly disappointing, especially as I had hoped to participate in the finale of the Eubric Cemetery arc before it happened. Still I understand and accept the reasoning behind this.

Now there are a couple of questions I would like to ask about this last quest, one, will we have an opportunity to exchange Decamon cards for gold and items as was the case in the Decamon Tournament? And secondly, Will there be any opportunity to change a weapon's type/combine weapons during this quest?

There are no current plans for exchanging Decamon cards or for changing weapon's type/combinations.

Thank you.

I've been planning on changing my class to Paladin for a while now, and with the end of the game in sight I can't see any better time than now. However I am without my camera and cannot replace my current class photo, would someone be so kind as to provide me with one?

Edited by Lord Duvors

We're on page 666 for the hall thread, people! Time to party like it's the mid 80's and America's going through the Satanic Panic! :drunk:

Edited by Kintobor

And Heroica is coming to an end, leaving the dark forces to take over. *oh2* 

6 hours ago, Kintobor said:

We're on page 666 for the hall thread, people! Time to party like it's the mid 80's and America's going through the Satanic Panic! :drunk:

So lots of drugs?

Just now, KotZ said:

So lots of drugs?

As well as Dungeons and Dragons! :drunk:

Oh, boy, there are so many loose ends that I wish could be tied up in Heroica. I would like to see Sandy's notes, if he has any.

I'd love to see everyone come back that had loose ends and reveal what they were planning in their stories. Or in CJP's case, if Alexandre and Leufwein would ever have a Parent Trap-esque swap of lives.

20 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Or in CJP's case, if Alexandre and Leufwein would ever have a Parent Trap-esque swap of lives.

:laugh: It would totally have worked!

On 11/15/2017 at 3:10 AM, CMP said:

Yeah, life'll do that. :laugh:

Sorry Quest #150ers. I feel like my lack of enthusiasm was negatively impacting the party which only fueled my lack of enthusiasm. I lost steam, college got rough, I am kind of in the midst of a dark age, I found other interests and, well,  never really felt like the right time to come back. I hate to say it but Heroica was already in its death throes at that point. It was a good run, and Heroica definitely got me into serious roleplaying. I play regularly on roll20 now (mostly DnD) and it only felt appropriate to name my first character Atramor. :tongue:

Seriously just happy to see you're alive. :laugh:

I thought I made that boss battle difficult... Apparently not.

If we're stupid and get some bad rolls, he could still destroy us all in just about one round...almost. :wink:

On 12/9/2017 at 4:01 PM, KotZ said:

I thought I made that boss battle difficult... Apparently not.

It could still go poorly.